Global Village Travellers Lodge Reviews

42-54 Cowper Street, Greymouth, Greymouth, New Zealand

We had a really nice stay at the hostel. Friendly staff, clean facilities, Free Bikes! Original Vibe and Atmposhere. 5 Stars.

Very good hostel, not expensive and very clean.

Among all the places I've traveled around south east Asia, Australia and New Zealand, this is no doubt the best one I've ever stayed. Great staff here and all the places are delicately designed with art works in different culture styles. very close to the supermarket and you can enjoy a good walk around the lake.

Very nice comfortable bunk bed

• 13th Mar 2015

Very nice place, one of the beat hostels Ive ever stayed in. Also nice single rooms if you prefer one. lots of common space , lots of art and very clean, good staff! . Its a bit of a walk to town but there are bikes and other places nearby to get food etc. Greymouth isnt big anyway, but the ocean is very close and ther are some fun things to do. I stayed here a number of years ago and glad to see its still going well!

The weather outside was frightful, but inside was most delightful! There was such a level of artistry evident everywhere you looked. The hostel had an African theme reflected in beautiful wall hangings, mirrors, artifacts, even hangers and waste baskets! In addition to this, our room was clean, comfortable and reasonably quiet. We didn't use the kitchen, but thought the bathroom was beautiful with new hand basins mounted onto the .counter top, and state of the art tile work.

• 5th Mar 2015

Probably the best hostel I've stayed in, very clean, comfortable and with an excellent kitchen. Additionally a small TV room with a large selection of films and a very homely lounge. Location is about as good as you might hope, 15 minute walk into the small town but just a 5 minute walk to the supermarket and right on the river. Free bike and kayak hire available was a great touch, staff very friendly and helpful pointing out all the things to do in Greymouth. Would definitely stay again.

Very beautiful hostel, clean and safe, it's a nice place to stay even if Greymouth is not the best city in NZ, but the region around is pretty amazing. Just one thing ; 50MB wifi is just a joke :-). We can use the bikes freely, the hostel is close to a New World, it was a pleasant moment for a break during our road trip.

This is my first, and probably my last review, but this hostel was by far the best ever. I think they hired a team well experienced traveller and putted everything at the right place. Wauw. Thanks for this experience. Enjoy.

This was such a sweet hostel and we really enjoyed our stay here! The facilities and room were great and we loved how brightly coloured everything was, it just made it seem more homely. Lovely touch as well to have the free bikes so we were able to cycle part of the west coast track in the evening and watch the sunset. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

It was a really nice hostel. I spend 6 nights there. I can recommend to stay at global village to everyone!

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Denmark

We so loved our short stay on Global Village, we loved our rooms, the facilities were excellent and we loved the vibe of the place. So much so, we plan to come back...soon.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. Very spacious and cozy common areas. Very clean and very tidy. Unlimited Wifi would be nice.

We stayed in a private room, the bed was comfy, the room was quite and the hostel facilities were good and super clean. Staff were friendly and very helpful with allowing late check in. I'd recommend this place to anyone visiting Greymouth.

This hostel is a generous place, generous with clean bedroom linen, bathroom soap and towels, tea & coffee, all the facilities and decor. It is silent, except some foot-thumps in the corridor. Doors all self-close silently and no hinges squeak. It is very clean and always well-maintained. A very pleasant place to stay and good value.

• 11th Nov 2014