Global Village Reviews

87 University Street, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Global Village seemed to me like a small, quaint and quiet place to stay, but don't let that fool you into thinking it isn't the most awesome place to stay while in Belfast! I had just come from a stay in a hostel in another country and Global Village far surpassed them particularly in security and cleanliness! The staff were SUPER nice and gave great recommendations for anything we inquired about. 2 thumbs up from me, and I'd give more if I had more thumbs! :)

• 27th Aug 2014

The hostel is well located, restaurants and pubs around, 15 minutes from city centre. It is very clean even though the room didn't have anything else except the beds. There is a good environment. The breakfast in the morning included coffee, tea, milk, cereals, bread with jam or butter, all for free, so for the price we've paid it was cool. The staff were nice, too. I recommend staying here if you visit Belfast

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Celyn was incredibly helpful with directions and my short stay. Cheers, Matt

• 23rd Aug 2014

Would be great if they had lockers

The staff were wicked and always made sure everyone had what they needed, whether it be knowing a good place to eat, the bottle shop, a place to go out or what have you. The pink-haired receptionist was great, organized the hostel on a pub outing and set us up for netflix when the vibe was more chill. She even kept a group of 18yr olds in line all night and cleaned up after them when they left. I was very impressed and would highly recommend it.

We had an epic stay. Real backpacker with no people sitting around surfing through the internet. NOOO, people are actually talking and interacting with each other. WE JUST LOVED OUR STAY. Keep up the good work Fox, Celyn, Naiara and all the others. You guys rock!!!

The staff when we were there were brilliant and friendly. Above and beyond by inviting us out. Also, really liked the artwork throughout the hostel.

From the second I walked in the door I felt right at home; the staff were beyond amazing and did a great job at making everyone feel well included and comfortable, whether it be organizing nights out (Fibber McGee's is brilliant) or watching tv (sons of anarchy) in the cozy living room. I was hard pressed to leave both belfast and this amazing hostel! Only left yesterday and I miss them/it already!! Cheers guys! Megan

• 18th Aug 2014

Best hostel we have stayed in. Clean, great facilities and best of all friendly, helpful staff, (special mention to Kelyn and Mark!) couldn't have asked for a funner night out in Belfast so cheers guys!

A little loud in room 11 from the smoking area at 3 o clock in the morning.

• 18th Aug 2014

The staff is no really nice and the mattress was terrible. The rest was good!

We loved this hostel! The staff were chill while still being professional, competent, friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was totally laid back and welcoming. It felt like a more grown up version of the ideal hostel. Hanging out in the lounge felt like you were in someone's living room. They even have XBox and Netflix! Everything was clean from top to bottom. Wifi is spotty on the top floor but the lounge was so cool that we were happy to get out of our room and socialize.

very friendly and accommodating staff, clean bathroom and shower facilities, small private double room, free coffee/chocolate/cereals/pasta/rice/oil/milk, billiard table, foosball table, bbq, etc 15 min walk from the city centre and central bus/train stations, lots of pups and take aways within 5 mins walking distance

• 16th Aug 2014

My friend and I had never been to a hostel before, so when we arrived we didn't know what to think, but as soon as you set foot in the place, you get this brilliant vibe, the rooms were well presented and CLEAN! Honestly amazing spot! Will stay there above any other in future!

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

After traveling around Europe for 6 months I can easily say that Global Village is the BEST!!! It has a homely atmosphere that is hard to find in other hostels. You can chill out in the lounge room & watch some movies or socialise with guests & staff in the kitchen & beer garden with a few drinks in hand. Big up to Mark & Fox. Check out their band 'Explosion Soundsystem' for good Reggae vibes . Also big up to Welshy Celyn, Aussie Todd, Señorita Nai, Frenchy Antoine & the Ginger Beard Man

Brilliant time in Belfast in avery relaxed hostel. Facilities provided were veryhandy andcertainly made staying there great time. Celyn certainly feel welcome so makesure you have achat with her. If I'mback in Belfast Iknow where I will be staying

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The atmosphere is just wonderful and everyone is like family. I would never stay in a different hostel!

• 10th Aug 2014

The best hostel I've ever stayed in. It's really clean, the bathroom speacilly, do if you don't like to share a bathroom you don't have to worry, because it's clean all the time. The beds are good, our dorm was small but it was completly ok, since the lockers had enough space to put all of our things in it. Apart from that, we felt so much at home because the staff is sooooo nice, speacially Celyn, who is awesome!!!

100% would recommend. Possibly the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Great atmosphere, great staff and great times.

• 8th Aug 2014

The location is a bit of a walk from the town centre, but the hostel itself was very nice. We only stayed one night, but the facilities were clean and the room (8 bed dorm) was spacious, and included small lockers. The staff were extremely friendly, and we're happy to help with anything you needed. Overall, it had a great atmosphere.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7