Global Village Reviews

87 University Street, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

I loved Global Village. Near of everything in Belfast. Nice and friendly staff. I really felt like home!!!

• 11th Apr 2014

You get what you pay for, I very much enjoyed my stay but one of the shower units and toilets were broken which was a shame as the hostel was full so people were having to queue. The staff were very friendly and very laid back. i would stay here again if it was a short notice trip as for that price there can be no complaints as it really was just somewhere for me to get my head down after a long day.

• 5th Apr 2014

Great atmosphere, great staff, great facilities although I could imagine it would be hard to cook around peak dinner times (there's an oven and stove and good equipment with free rice, pasta and other goodies). Free pool, foosball, movies, tv, books. Breakfast is standard: toast, cereal. But that usually does me alright. Big shout out to the Aussie staff members, great guys and good fun (and a sweet ginger beard for one of them).

When I arrived, the credit card machine was out of order, so I had to pay in cash. But the hostel was understanding and gave me a free towel rental to make up for the inconvenience. The staff was great and very helpful about recommending and reserving tours for the political history in Belfast and the Giant's Causeway, as well as about things to do and see in the city. Hostel was in safe location and not a far walk from the city center (about 15 minutes). Met some great people staying there too

This is the best hostel I've ever been to. Very friendly and helpful staff. The hostel was very clean, cozy atmosphere, sure had a blast over there. Would recommend it to anyone who wants to visit belfast. I even booked an extra day because I liked it so much.

staff are very friendly. big room. very clean. nice decoration!

Great hostel! Extremely clean and it's run by some really great guys that are very helpful and always up for a laugh. Extended my stay straight away because they make it feel like home with some great facilities. Highly recommended.

• 22nd Mar 2014

Great ambient, the rooms where a little too small, but it's ok =) amazing staff !! :D

Very kind staffs there offer the atmosphere of hospitality and home-like coziness^^ Breakfast is always there however early you get up at the morning!!! Cleanings are done regularly on daily basis!!!

This wasn't my first stay in Global Village and it wont be my last! the staff here go above and beyond to help anyway they can and are always up for taking you on a trip to the pub, shout out to the beautiful bearded fellas :) the hostel has brilliant facilities and such a nice chilled atmosphere. Can't recommend it enough!!!

I thought the staff were really friendly and its a nice place to stay, but I was very disappointed that I had to have a cold shower one morning as some of the showers are broken.

• 15th Mar 2014

Don't get too excited about the breakfast, it's pretty basic

We had a great time and are planning to come back again. Very welcoming and great atmosphere, thanks to the wonderful staff! Ask them for a black cab tour with Bobby, we loved it!

Possibly the best hostel I've ever stayed at! The staff are doing their best to make their guests feel comfortable and they are good at it! They will also help you to get to know Belfast's nighlife, if you're interested in that :) Wifi, computers, coffee and tea, TV, billard table, football table FOR FREE, all that helps to create a relaxed atmosphere. Great location, everything clean, perfect!

Really relaxed, friendly atmosphere. A beautiful building, and super clean!

• 12th Mar 2014

Really enjoyed staying at this hospital, friendly and informative staff! I had a wonderful time. My only regret is not getting to know staff and other travellers better.

Great hostel, great location, nicely staff, wifi that actually works (that is rare in hostels)

V clean hostel. Nice kitchen w a foosball table and free coffee, tea and hot chocolate.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Singapore

Wasn't impressed with how old and run-down the place looked, when I first went into my room the lock was hanging off the door.

• 5th Mar 2014

Rooms were standard very basic hostel rooms. But the staff and atmosphere are brilliant. Really made us feel at home and allowed for a really open and friendly atmosphere which rubbed off on all guest. Met some lovely people and would definitely stay again. Location is better for those visiting the university, but the city isn't to far to walk.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4