Global Village Reviews

87 University Street, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Cool chilled out place, staff seem to get the job done but are still nice and not horrible and stressed which does happen, I was only there 2 nights but would've liked to of been there longer there was a cool family vibe amongst the staff!

Clean and friendly place in close to the university in Belfast.

• 24th Oct 2014

Absolute favourite hostel so far - so clean, airy, quiet area, awesome staff, great community feel, and such a nice place. Great spacious communal kitchen wth a fully stocked kitchen for cooking. You also get your pick of Netflix shows/movies to watch in a comfy common room. Felt like I was at home, amazing stay,

This hostel is a great place to meet people. The staff is very social with the guests and everyone ends up getting to know each other. It was very busy while I was there but the water remained hot whenever I showered. One of my favorite things was the plentiful parking. I was there over the weekend and it seemed like a lot of people had come into Belfast for the weekend to party. So it can be a bit rowdy but I had no problem sleeping

Really nice hostel - modern and clean, with comfortable beds.

• 17th Oct 2014

This hostel feels like a second home! It's clean comfortable and everyone is very welcoming. Todds the best!

A very friendly hostel with great staff! Takes about 25 min walk to the city center but if you're lucky with the weather that is no problem :) A big plus is free pasta and rice!

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Croatia

We had a good time at Global Village. Very nice staff and big showers. Quite a walk in the city though.

nice atmosphere, generally pleasant experience will probably go back again.

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Wow, bit of a surprise this one but it's really 10/10. The rooms were clean and the water was hot but the staff are what make this place worth while. Everyone was cool and friendly and interesting. And Celyn this is me mentioning you by name. You're welcome.

Crazy hostel with even crazier staff (in the best way). I didn't know what to expect when I booked this hostel and it turned out as a great place to stay. The only thing that was missing was an elevator but the staff helped us with our suitcases so everything was great! The facilities were always clean and the atmosphere was excellent! Another good thing was that you could party downstairs but the people in the rooms could still sleep in peace. Very recommended hostel, go there!

Staff we're friendly and sociable and tried to include all guests in evening activities. Additionally they were helpful and never too busy to help. Location is great and in the student area and not too far from the city centre

• 5th Oct 2014

In overall all fine but the bed too d for sleep they need change it, only one key for six people it's crazy and the staff don't let me pay in euros with the debit card when the booking I played in euros, so my bank charged me commissions bcs the staff don't wanted cash

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Good external security but only two underbed lockers in a four bed room is unacceptable. Staff friendly when awake. Accommodation beginning to show signs of wear. My dorm was very spacious but had no opening window, no table or chair. Why are expected to stand all the time or sit on someone else's bed?! Showers and toilets clean but very cramped with no shelves for toiletries nd tiny sinks. Needs more attention to detail.

One of the best hostels ever!

Great hostel. Very secure with two big front doors, though you can come and go as you please at night as all guests have keys for both. Breakfast is as much as you like cereal and toast with jam. Showers are new and very good. There's a pool table, table football and comfy sofas and TV with Netflix. Wifi is good, even in the dorm I was in. The hostel is in the student area so there are some drunks shouting at night. It's a 3min walk to Botanic train station.

There is nothing at all to moan about, I didn't miss anything, all the facilities are good. Nice and cozy atmosphere. It is nice to have a wee outside bit for the sunny days. Rooms are huge (6 doorm) and Staff is nice and relaxed.

There was an incident with another guest one night out of the 8 nights I stayed. I have to say that the staff were AMAZING and handled the situation extremely well. I was moved to another room immediately and the guest evicted. The staff are very friendly and go above and beyond. Breakfast was good. There are plenty of hostel activities going on throughout the week. They could use better ventilation in the showers though as mold is beginning to appear on the ceiling.

Absolutely fantastic stay here! The staff was very friendly and it made the place seem much more inviting than other places I have stayed. The rooms were always kept nice and clean, including the bathrooms. I loved that there was a common toilet/shower area, but there are also two seperate bathrooms in case you want privacy. Only downside is that it is a bit away from the city center, but the farthest walk I had was to Titantic and it was only about 35-40 minutes. Would recommend to anyone! :)

Global village is the best hostel I've stayed at so far. Great atmosphere and great sense of community. I felt really comfortable there.

• 21st Sep 2014