Global Village Reviews

87 University Street, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

It's a small, comfortable hostel. Nice and clean bathroom facilities. Biggest downsides: Mattresses are worn out, so in the middle of the mattress you almost lie on the slatted frame. Also, steps outside of the room are easily hearable.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

Had to pay extra pound per day for unknown reason at arrival day. Payment wasn't reduced by the previously paid 12% during booking on Hostel world. I have not recived a account for service. Understand all that, young don*t care about it, but I do not support it. However wish them all the best..

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Croatia

Very clean and well maintained! The atmosphere and the people are so nice and welcoming. My friends and I very much enjoyed our short stay there!

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Mauritius

Global Village runs itself like a village, dense with community and friendship, entirely efficient in operation, and with welcoming, comfortable facilities. The staff is almost always hanging out in the common lounge where there is a TV and books, or in the kitchen with billiards. They are always available for help or travel advice, and would go for a drink as soon as shoot pool with you. The location was perfect for me--out of the center but within walking distance. You can't go wrong here!

Great place to relax. Very chill with a great staff

I was only staying here as I was going to see a gig, and didn't have anyhwere else to stay, the place is in a really good location, not far the centre if Belfast (google maps says 20 minute walk ot the city hall, you could do it in 15), the staff are really firendly, at weekends it seems they have nights out, probably got things hapeningduring the week, the staff member offered me a chance to get a few beers, but ihad to head to the gig, nice offer though. Good facilities too.

I had a great time at Global Village! I appreciated some members of the staff taking us out on the town at night. Will definitely be coming back next time I'm in Belfast.

Unique hostel experience catered specifically to backpackers. Felt like a home rather than a dorm. Best staff I've met in a hostel (they even took us on a tour of the facilities). A bit of a walk from the city centre but adjacent to Queens University and Botanic Garden. Would definitely stay again.

Love Global Village! And Tom was the best!

Consider a breakfast option for Coeliacs :)

• 26th Jun 2015

The staff go out of their way to be helpful. The hostel is super clean.

Best hostel I have ever stayed at! Guitars you can play, x-box, and very friendly staff willing to help out with anything!

The location is a little bit far from city center & attractions but still walkable, it is also close to so many restaurants & food stores. The staffs were friendly, room was big & spacious

Global village at Queen's Belfast is the one of the best including five star hotels throughout my travel experience. Adding to all the categories which I gave the hightest mark, I enjoy most their spacious rooms and all other facilities such as kitchen area and showers.It has been one of the sources to go to Belfast happily whenever I attend any kinds of meetings and work.Thank you all the staff, particularly, owner, Mark!. You are truly a good mannered and hardworking, handsome, youung man!.

• 23rd Jun 2015

For those visiting this hostel it does not have a kitchen which is a huge disadvantage for people budgeting. They also charged 4 pounds for breakfast, but you're not allowed to eat your own food you brought. The staff were not very friendly. Although the rooms were very clean and comfortable.

A wonderful hostel that I would gladly go back to or maybe even apply for a job!!!

• 22nd Jun 2015

Staff was very friendly and very accommodating. location was close to the station. I met many great people and one of my favorite hostels to stay at.

Loved this place! Staff are awesome, very homey feel, and without intention or effort I fell into a comfortable group of fellow travelers. I wish all hostels were like this, I had a really lovely time. A bit far from the center but a beautiful walk. ALSO if you have time go on the game of thrones tour with Derek on McCombs tours, that was the highlight to my stay in Belfast!

So far the best hostel in Belfast, I have been in the city many times and was my first experience in the Global....I really recommend.

Everything was brilliant, friendly place and welcoming staff. The beds were the only negative so uncomfortable!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7