Global Village Reviews

87 University Street, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Really enjoyed this hostel. Has a very 'old school' hostel feel to it, very laid back and cosy. Staff were great, all friendly, all knowledgable. Would recommend.

I loved it. Staff super friendly. Clean place. Excellent atmosphere. One of the best hostelvi have been to if not the best.

Spacious Rooms, nice showers. Enjoy very much the pub crawl with fellow residents.

Everything was great, staff were very helpful and super fun!

My first experience in a hostel and it was the best one. Felt at home. Lovely staff and lots of social activities to do..

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • India

This place is the real backpacking experience, real cozzy I felt like I was at home and the staff were awesome treated everyone like family, you get to know everyone in the hostel really well. Lots of activities to do during the week, pool, foosball tables great kitchen, laundry and showers are close to each, nice location for walking around. Belfast isn't too big so its perfect, this was by far the best atmosphere for chill, friendly, talkative, socializing, & having fun defiantly recommended!

Favourite hostel I've stayed in so far. Really nice bathrooms, rooms and common areas. But the staff are what made our stay great! The "two bearded Aussies" were amazing, taking us out and were good fun to hang out with. There's something new to do every night. Would definitely recommend :)

• 23rd Mar 2015

I stayed for three nights. Overall staff was nice and helpful. However the mattress in the bedroom was horrible, probably old and has become flat with holes and there was no position that would be level ok to sleep. Also all bathrooms are unisex, which is ok if you have the separate ones as well, but you don't, so it makes it all a bit uncomfortable. And lastly, it's not really close to the city centre. You'd walk a lot to get to the actual centre. So overall ok, but not ideal, not the best.

Very cosy, big rooms and good working showers! Has plenty of guitars to jam and a skateboard! Also offers brekkie in the morning and has pasta etc for everyone to use for dinner, which was good. Location is a bit out of the way but if you're up for a walk then it is easily done

Can't fault the hostel in any way. Located in a nice area of the city and easy to walk into town. Staff were very helpful and kept the place very clean. Pleasant atmosphere and enjoyed my stay. perfect for a city break.

It's a pity that I only booked this place for three nights. I would have loved to stay longer. It's located very conveniently near a lot of places to eat and drink. The common areas are well equipped places to meet other travellers.

I stayed at the Global village for two nights and I really enjoyed it. The staff was very nice and showed me around! The rooms and bathrooms get cleaned everyday at least once, which is great. I felt very comfortable staying there and I had a great time.

Fantastic hostel ! University area. Very friendly staff. Lots of facilities..and beer pong is definitely a plus ! As lively as the live in Belfast is.

Best hostel experience so far, with the best staff team.

• 16th Mar 2015

Not usually one to do ratings, but this place was truly excellent!! The location is awesome! walked everywhere quickly. The staff were fantastic! Everything was super clean, showers hot! Really 100%!!!

• 16th Mar 2015

Had an amazing time at Global Village! One of the best hostels I've ever been too. Great homey feel and very clean. The staff were great, especially Sebastien, they made me feel at home (which was great as I was travelling alone) and ensured everyone had much fun. Would definitely come back.

• 14th Mar 2015

I loved my stay at Global Village! The staff was amazing and very helpful! The rooms were were very clean and spacious. The building itself was well kept and was always clean. Definitely recommend staying here. I can't wait to go back!

Staff was amazing. Everything was super clean and there were fun evening activities planned each night. I would go back to Belfast just to stay here again.

• 13th Mar 2015

Very clean, friendly and helpful staff, would definitely recommend.

• 7th Mar 2015

A great hostel! Run by four very sweet young gentlemen who live on the premises, it is run expertly and generously. Located in an old Belfast townhouse, Global Village has the feel of an upmarket hippie commune - if all communes were rung as well hippies would rule the world! It is very clean, with very welcome heaters in rooms. The kitchen downstairs is an airy social space, with free tea, coffee, hot chocolate and pasta provided. Showers are pristine, with plenty of hot water. I will be back!

• 5th Mar 2015