Global Village Reviews

87 University Street, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

2018 Total Reviews

I loved this hostel! The staff shows each person around the hostel and points out where the restrooms/showers/kitchen are. They are so personable and helped me book a black cab tour with some other hostel guests to save me money. Thanks for your help!!

Perfectly clean and nice and lively but yet relaxed too. Great atmosphere and great facilities (free tea & coffee, free breakfast, free pool table etc).

• 17th Jan 2015

Firstly, I'd say the location is apalling, a 20 minute walk to the City Centre. The wifi .is apalling and often didn't work properly. On the other hand, the staff were lovely

The Global Village was an absolutely brilliant stay. The hostel is close to major tourist attractions, with most things within walking distance. The facilities were excellent, everything in the hostel was incredibly clean and the free breakfast was good too. The staff were definitely the highlight of the stay. Everyone was incredibly friendly and there was a great communal vibe within the hostel. Would definitely recommend!

A group of six were there last weekend, and I have to say a really diverse group, both in ages (from 22 to 49) and Nationality (Spanish, Italian, Zimbabwean....). But one thing was in common, we all left with a really good feeling and really happy from this place. The location is not the greatest, not right in the city centre, but totally walk able and close enough to pubs, restaurants and supermarkets. The hostel is very new, and everything is kept in perfect condition and clean. The communal

It was amazing! Super-friendly staff, breakfast included, home-made soup available... Just perfect!

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Czech Republic

I had a great time! The staff are super-friendly and it was a great atmosphere!!

This hostel was wonderful! The staff were so welcoming and knowledgable. They just made us feel so comfortable. The building was adorable. There is artwork everywhere that gives the whole hostel additional personality. The bathrooms and bedrooms were also great. we used the kitchen multiple times and it was easy to navigate and the complimentary tea was so appreciated. The "living room" area was so cozy and relaxing as well. Overall, an absolutely great experience with Global Village.

Great community, even in the quiet periods when it's not peak tourism season.

The atmosphere of the hostel is really fun. Facilities are average, but the friendliness of the staff and coziness of the group living area make up for it.

• 10th Jan 2015

Nice hostel with beautiful murals inside. Friendly environment. Good breakfast options. I would definitely stay here again.

I was very happy with my stay at Global Village. The location was great as the Ulster Museum and Botanic Gardens are close by and the city centre and St. George's Market are not far. The staff are very friendly, respectful, helpful, laid back and will make you feel welcome. There's something planned every night to get everyone involved if they wish to take part. With such a feel good and chill atmosphere as part of the overall awesome experience, I would go back with no questions asked.

• 9th Jan 2015

Fantastic hostel! I had a brilliant time here. It really felt like I was in a big home with a bunch of friends. The social areas are great but the hostel works because of the kindness and friendliness of the staff members, who are in danger of giving Australians a good name ;) special mentions to Chad, Claire, Jamie and Tom...thanks for helping make my stay such fun! The reason I haven't given 100%? The beds aren't especially comfortable!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in

• 9th Jan 2015

I like the atmosphere there and there are activities almost every night,It's so lovely. And the staff are really friendly!

• 8th Jan 2015
  • China

Lovely place to stay. Wifi did drop in and out a little bit but that was ok. Breakfast was good and all the staff were very helpful. Would come here again

Only a 15 minute walk into the centre of Belfast and as the city is quite small you can walk pretty much the entire thing. There is a large roll-out locker under each bunk bed so you can lock away your things and be next to them at night instead of them being in another room. Really friendly staff, the bearded one they call Jamie was especially kind and helpful.

Super clean bathrooms and friendly staff.

I had a great time at Global Village and got to meet some cool fellow travelers. Claire, one of the lovely members of staff, really made me feel at home. She helped me check in after I arrived in the evening, offered excellent recommendations for late dining in the area, and good conversation. It is a really chill place and in a great location to explore Belfast. The beds were comfortable too!

• 6th Jan 2015

Global Village is a great hostel to stay at to see the sights, but also to meet some great people & relax in a safe area. The hostel feels really homely with it's accommodating staff & the fact that it's a smaller hostel. Everyone working there was quick to help you when you needed it & often went out of their way, like Claire who got me noodles & made sure I was included in things going on at the hostel. The place was clean & only 10min-ish walk to city centre. Would totally stay there again!