Global Village Reviews

87 University Street, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

This is honestly one of the nicest hostels i've stayed in, it was busy and thriving and when I arrived someone had a big communal meal on the go. The shared spaces were all clean and tidy. The staff are very friendly and provided recommendations for places to eat. The room rate was very reasonable. The rooms had a small number of beds in and weren't too warm even in a scorching (for belfast) July. I would definitely come and stay here again.

• 4th Jul 2014

Little noisey but overall great stay and would definitely stay again!

This hostel is very good for solo travelers. Its a small and cozy hostel, which makes it easier to meet other travelers. Really friendly staff too. They invited me to hang out with them as soon as I checked in. And they were very helpful as well, especially Celyn. She likes to make sure everyone's having a great time. If I ever go back to Belfast, I'm staying in this hostel again. :)

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Puerto Rico

Everything about my stay here was fantastic! The staff were brilliant, anything you wanted to know they would be able to tell you, Celyn seemed to know pretty much everything about Belfast! Wonderful place to stay and the nightlife around there is great!

• 3rd Jul 2014

Best Youth Hostel in Belfast, possibly the world! I had so much fun staying here and hanging out with the awesome staff that I forgot to really do any of the touristy things you're supposed to do on holidays, but if I had my time over I wouldn't change a thing! I am already planning my next trip back to Belfast so I can live and work at Global Village for a longer time, because i never wanted to leave!

Great place to feel at home, but also sociable with down to earth staff.

Nice place to stay. Clean and comfortable beds. Only criticism wasn't really the hostels fault but drunk talking loudly early in the morning, in communal areas, waking everyone up.

I thought overall, it was a lovely place. My only real complaint was that the mattresses were like sleeping on a slab of cement. I took extra comforters from unused beds to try and help-but it was not a relaxing six nights sleep. Also I thought the bedding looked somewhat worn.

• 25th Jun 2014

After spending two weeks in different hostels around Ireland I must say that Global Village was the best that we came across. The rooms were clean, the location was great and the staff was beyond compare (with some stunning beards and eyebrows.. I may add!) I would highly recommend staying here if you are passing through Belfast. Cheers from Nova Scotia :)

• 25th Jun 2014

Staff were very helpful and kind. The internet didn't always work while in my room on the top floor, but I expected that. The rooms also had quite a bit of space!

• 25th Jun 2014

I spent 2 great nights there, it's a really nice place to stay. The room was very clean and comfortable as well as the bathrooms. Free tasty breakfast served in a very clean kitchen-diner. A big thank you to Simone, great and helpful staff member, you rule man!

The owner is a real nice guy ensuring a great stay!

Everyone who works there is great. Mark & 'Eyebrows' are funny, extremely helpful. It's a family environment and I had so much fun there. First hostel I've been too which has a stocked kitchen with pasta, herbs and spices! Good location, good environment, lots of activities planned. Big spacious rooms and bathrooms too. Will recommend this place for sure.

This hostel is perfect, the owner works hard to make it feel like family... and it does. There are always staff members ready, able, and willing to help you with your trip. Instantly I felt like I was at home with new friends. The staff even went out with us on some nights. It's location was great, central to everything. They introduced us to the best pubs with the best Irish music. I had fabulous time at this hostel and would definitely return to it again.

Awesome hostel, facilities esp the kitchen, location and staff. Good social atmosphere, if your travelling alone and want to feel at home you can't fault this place. Great eyebrows and beards to be observed on certain staff too!!

• 21st Jun 2014

Very clean, nice friendly staff.. Chilled atmosphere, good facilities, convenient location, and even a little dog for good measure! Would stay there again

• 20th Jun 2014

This is a really fantastic hostel. The vibe is so good and that's the hardest thing to capture. It feels like a big house full of good mates. I highly recommend this hostel, don't go anywhere else in belfast. Lovely, warm staff, location close enough to everything but far enough to be chilled out. It was a really diverse and nice bunch of guests too. Good facilities and just a really nice place. Wish I'd stayed longer. Thanks global village.

• 19th Jun 2014

This hostel has a very homey feel, complete with regular TV watching and lots of group hang out time. However, unless you're properly introduced or come with your own group, that doesn't necessarily mean you're going to make friends or even acquaintances, which was a shame. The location is inconvenient for everything but the student quarter, but if you time/energy for a 30-45 minute walk into town then you're fine. Lovely building and cute bedrooms.

This is the best hostel I've stayed in this year. The staff are helpful and always around if you have questions. The toilets and showers were always clean, but would have been nicer if there were a few more. Breakfast was good also. The hostel organises different events each night, BBQ's, nights out etc. The setup of the common areas is great for meeting new people. If you want a hostel that is value for money, social and clean then this is the place for you. I couldn't recommend it enough.

Overall , excellent stay! Staff amazing! Loved foxes salad on BBQ night!!

• 18th Jun 2014