Global Village Reviews

87 University Street, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Excellent hostel, great service and staff!

• 16th Jul 2015

I enjoyed my stay at Global Village. Friendly staff and nice place to stay.

Very helpfull staff, so friendly and always want to help in any situation. Hostel was very clean, for breakfast you can eat what you want. If you're travelling with bus or rail you have to walk 15min from hostel. Excellent! I'm so happy to stayed at Global Village hostel and I reccomend to everybody.

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Croatia

I loved it! It's the best hostel in the UK I stayed in so far. The atmosphere and the stuff are awesome, thank you! I just stayed for too nights but right from the start it felt like a little family. They have a pre drinking everyday in the hostel, so it's very easy to get in touch with the other guest. Breakfast is awesome as well and very clean. Stayed in an eight bed dorm but there is a lot of space for bags! Awesome place :D

• 15th Jul 2015

This is the perfect hostel if you're looking for a fun environment and people to go out drinking with. The staff are really friendly and take everybody out to the best pubs in the area on certain nights. It's a bit far from the city centre and Titanic Belfast, probably about a 20 minute walk, but it's near the university so there's plenty of places to eat and drink around.

A good place to stay. The staff and guests were all friendly. The only downside is that it is about a 20 minute walk to the city centre.

highly recommend to stay at this hostel if you are going to Belfast, friendly staff and comfortable bed ~

Despite no freezer for guests, they put my ice cream in their own one, very much appreciated. Really friendly. Really helpful.

Really beautiful hosltel with a staff very friendly and always helpful. If you pay by credit card there is 1 pound fee for the entire period in which it remains.

• 14th Jul 2015

Lovely staff, very helpful :)

• 14th Jul 2015

Lovely hostel that's within easy reach of the town centre, one of those places where you're not sure who's staff and who's staying!

The only reason I rated security & facilities good rather than excellent is because there was only one locking/under bed cage in a 4 bed dorm. Which is really weird. You should probably get a few more.

Had a great visit to this hostel! Great staff and inviting atmosphere

15 minute walk to city center. Common area had a cozy homey feel. Staff was very nice and the woman there was incredibly helpful and really went above and beyond to help me figure out my last minute travel plans. Wooden cubbys in rooms that can be locked with personal locks. This is a very social hostel, people here are friendly and it's a younger crowd that seems to like to go out

We were booked for 2 nights but only actually stayed only 1 night due to an accident at Giant's Causeway in which I suffered a broken ankle and was taken to hospital. We called Global Village and asked them to please not cut our locks on the room lockers and that we would pay for more nights to ensure that. They assured us they would not cut the locks and that our things would be safe and that we did not have to pay any more. Very sweet and sympathetic. Excellent hostel and service. A+++++

• 3rd Jul 2015

It's a small, comfortable hostel. Nice and clean bathroom facilities. Biggest downsides: Mattresses are worn out, so in the middle of the mattress you almost lie on the slatted frame. Also, steps outside of the room are easily hearable.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

Had to pay extra pound per day for unknown reason at arrival day. Payment wasn't reduced by the previously paid 12% during booking on Hostel world. I have not recived a account for service. Understand all that, young don*t care about it, but I do not support it. However wish them all the best..

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Croatia

Laundry was expensive; should have a separate lounge area.

One of the better hostels!

• 30th Jun 2015

Very clean and well maintained! The atmosphere and the people are so nice and welcoming. My friends and I very much enjoyed our short stay there!

• 30th Jun 2015