Global Village Reviews

87 University Street, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Had a brilliant time staying at Global village-the staff were really great hosts and introduced us to some fantastic new drinking games. The hostel was really really clean comfortable and the shared areas were bright airy and extremely welcoming, Located in a nice area not too far from central Belfast and a 2 min walk to a lovely street with restaurants and fun bars, as well as being right near the beautiful Botanic gardens. Highly recommend!

The hostel was easy to find from Botanic Station, which is directly connected by train from the city airport. The staff was super friendly and very helpful. Despite the fact that I arrived on a Saturday evening, it wasn't as loud around there as I expected. People were being very respectful. The rooms were large and not overcrowded. The breakfast was not impressive but it is what you can expect from a hostel and I still enjoyed it. I fully recommend staying there, the place is great!

Honestly the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It's a little bit far from the city center (about a 20 minute walk), but it's really not bad since there are buses and it's a short walk from the train station. The staff there are so amazing, hosting events every night, and they really go out of their way to make sure you have an amazing time in Belfast, it's truly above and beyond (shout out to Tasha, Lucy and Salvatore for hiking up Cave Hill with me when my bus tour fell through!)

• 22nd May 2015

Top notch hostel and staff, the only gripe I had was the cave/box style bunks it made me a bit claustrophobic, not all bunks are like that though. Also some annoying Americans who wouldn't stop talking but that's pretty normal.

I really liked this hostel, the staff were friendly, the atmosphere was good in the communal read with everyone coming together before nights out. It was in a good location and not too far from the city centre and load of cool bars and cafes. We didn't have the breakfast but it seemed busy of a morning. Great place for small groups and people travelling alone. Would stay here again for sure

• 22nd May 2015

The room was nice and spacious and the staff were great. The downsides were that there were only bathrooms on the first and second floors and our room was on the fourth, the flattest, hardest pillow ever and a meager breakfast subsisting of bread and cereal

Great hostel ! Very clean spacious room, comfy beds, spotless bathrooms with good pressure showers. The only suggestion I would make would be to get lockers in the rooms. Really enjoyed my stay and would happily recommend it!

Enjoy the brunch

Really great hostel, friendly helpful and fun staff.

not enough toilets. no window in bed room I couldn't breath.

The hostel had a great setup with a kitchen and common area and was really great for meeting other travelers. The staff was pretty helpful, but I feel like they all had different opinions when you asked them a question about the city or the hostel, which was confusing. The only complaints I have about the hostel were the bunks were not as nice as most others I've slept in, and not enough showers for the amount of guests they had.

Great hostel! Had a lot of here. Tasha and Lucy were fantastic!

Really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Only complaint I have is that there were no lockers in the rooms. I would definitely recommend this hostel to others.

It had the best pillows I've ever experienced at a hostel. Really clean and comfortable, the spices and pasta etc available added to the comfort as well as the wall art all over the building. Computers weren't so new and the wifi wasn't super but it was there. Ask for a locker because they're not in the rooms otherwise. Really close to university area and a street with a train station (handy if you've got a train pass), post office and tons of restaurants was cool. Would stay again.

• 12th May 2015
  • Mexico

Fantastic hostel. Would use again without hesitation.

• 11th May 2015

Best Hostel we've been to and the staff where awesome.

the wifi connect not working very well all the times, the bed is too soft, feel tired after wake up. and the computer system is not easy to use

• 9th May 2015
  • China

Bring earplugs. Otherwise great

AWESOME PLACE. Staff were very fun and friendly, and the atmosphere was very relaxed. Facilities were promptly cleaned and well-maintained

Great stay! Comfortable beds and beautiful character building in good condition.