Global Village Reviews

87 University Street, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

It's a converted house and the common areas are decorated in a kind of bohemian style that I didn't expect, but the staff were friendly and our room was spacious and clean. Showers/toilets were not ensuite, but they were well-lit and well-maintained, and I never had trouble finding an open one. There's communal kitchen facilities and they stock basics like hot chocolate, tea, pasta, etc. for you to use free of charge! As for atmosphere, people partied/played music in the common area at night.

Nice, clean, friendly little place. Comfy beds, decent showers, cheap as chips. Can't complain. Thanks!

Fantastic staff - super helpful, approachable and very friendly. The hostel has a very social atmosphere, it is easy to get to talk to people, which is great when you are travelling alone. The kitchen is huge and also has a snooker table. The "living" room has couches, a fireplace and a TV with Netflix which is great for a rainy night in. There are various food options around the corner, eat in or take away, as well as a small supermarket.

• 12th Nov 2015

Great kitchen!!! Stocked with spices and lots of pots and pans, and two sets of sink + stove. Pool table, beer pong, and the hostel organizes fun nights out as well. My mattress was awful, I could feel the bar through it, but there were lots of power points all around the room. Ten min walk from Europa bus stn or 20 min from city centre. Overall a good place, I would stay again. Please put detailed directions to the hostel on Hostelworld!!!

This familiar hostel is really close to the city center and the staff is very helpful and friendly. It's the perfect place to stay for young adults who are looking for some fun in Belfast. We really enjoyed our time here!

• 7th Nov 2015
  • Hungary

Great atmosphere! Super friendly and helpful.

• 7th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

Arrived to a lovely welcome and although our room wasn't ready, we were given our keys and a quick tour and we popped out for a walk around the local shops. There were plenty of showers and toilets and free tea and coffee in the large kitchen. Great location being under 15 min walk into the town centre and 10 mins walk to the Botanical Gardens/Ulster Museum. The staff are very friendly and there was plenty of info on hand regarding things to do. Would highly recommend this hostel.

My stay in Global Village was simply amazing. I have been to many hostels around the world, and this was simply one of the best ones. I definitely recommend it.

• 1st Nov 2015
  • Poland

This hostel had such a homey and welcoming vibe. I found it to be very clean and had everything I needed. It's true, as everyone says, that there are lots of staff around mingling with guests and you can't really tell who's who, but everyone's helpful so it's alright.

what a lively hostel! Staff was very friendly and quick to offer where to go out on the town.

It was great had a fantastic time. Room was clean, safe were friendly and good location. Great price

• 31st Oct 2015
  • Scotland

great place. good atmosphere. just hope they get access cards instead of physical keys.

I had an amazing couple days in Belfast! The staff is really knowledgable and there is always a person or 2 around to help with anything, kitchen is lovely, lots of free to use stuff. The smaller building makes it a great place to meet people. Very easy walking distance to food, pubs etc, close to city centre. One the best hostels I've stayed!

Stayed here for 2 weeks and worked here for 10 of them. Such an awesome place with even better people to work with. If you're willing to put yourself out there, 100% you'll find awesome friends here. Super clean, friendly, and hands down one of the best hostels out there. Keep killing it Mark.

Really enjoyed my stay here. Excellent location right next to the University, great price, comfortable beds. But what made the trip was the staff. Very friendly, always willing to suggest things to do in Belfast and always encouraging the guests to socialise together. Thanks a bunch, especially to the Welsh goddess ;-P

Global Village was one of my favorite hostels on my two month trip. The atmosphere was really great, the staff worked really hard on making everyone feel welcome and have a good time. They also were very good at making sure that noise stopped at a reasonable hour so people can sleep. They are also very good at recommending things to do in the Belfast area and helping customers find tours. The only thing I found lacking were power outlets in the bigger rooms. Overall I had a lot of fun!

Great location. Great staff. Great time. The folks who work there really make your stay well worth it. Highly recommended!

Worst hostel beds I've ever slept on. Mattresses were so old it was like sleeping in a ditch. Seriously, do not stay here if you have back issues! Lucky I was only there one night. Also not enough bathrooms, had to wait for ages for a shower in the morning. Otherwise a nice place with free pool table and foosball table!

Very good hostel, with a great atmosphere, french staff at top, thanks Alexi

• 27th Oct 2015

It was by far the best hostel i have ever stayed in. Very friendly staff and a great atmosphere and vibe around the place. Thanks guys!

• 26th Oct 2015