Global Village Reviews

87 University Street, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Great location, very clean, and good atmosphere. Celyn was amazeballs. So friendly and helpful!

Great atmosphere and facilities, seem to not abide by their booking system though. I was able to 3 nights in a4 bed dorm online but then had to switch dorms when i arrived. Whilst i was there I saw several other people arrive with the same problem.

• 29th Aug 2014

The hostel is awesome and the staffs are very nice and helpful

a suggestion to maybe do bathroom checks at night or early am, 2 different bathrooms had no toilet paper at 8am, otherwise very well kept. loved it!

Global Village seemed to me like a small, quaint and quiet place to stay, but don't let that fool you into thinking it isn't the most awesome place to stay while in Belfast! I had just come from a stay in a hostel in another country and Global Village far surpassed them particularly in security and cleanliness! The staff were SUPER nice and gave great recommendations for anything we inquired about. 2 thumbs up from me, and I'd give more if I had more thumbs! :)

• 27th Aug 2014

It's like a second home.

The hostel is well located, restaurants and pubs around, 15 minutes from city centre. It is very clean even though the room didn't have anything else except the beds. There is a good environment. The breakfast in the morning included coffee, tea, milk, cereals, bread with jam or butter, all for free, so for the price we've paid it was cool. The staff were nice, too. I recommend staying here if you visit Belfast

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Celyn was incredibly helpful with directions and my short stay. Cheers, Matt

• 23rd Aug 2014

Would be great if they had lockers

The staff were wicked and always made sure everyone had what they needed, whether it be knowing a good place to eat, the bottle shop, a place to go out or what have you. The pink-haired receptionist was great, organized the hostel on a pub outing and set us up for netflix when the vibe was more chill. She even kept a group of 18yr olds in line all night and cleaned up after them when they left. I was very impressed and would highly recommend it.

We had an epic stay. Real backpacker with no people sitting around surfing through the internet. NOOO, people are actually talking and interacting with each other. WE JUST LOVED OUR STAY. Keep up the good work Fox, Celyn, Naiara and all the others. You guys rock!!!

The staff when we were there were brilliant and friendly. Above and beyond by inviting us out. Also, really liked the artwork throughout the hostel.

From the second I walked in the door I felt right at home; the staff were beyond amazing and did a great job at making everyone feel well included and comfortable, whether it be organizing nights out (Fibber McGee's is brilliant) or watching tv (sons of anarchy) in the cozy living room. I was hard pressed to leave both belfast and this amazing hostel! Only left yesterday and I miss them/it already!! Cheers guys! Megan

• 18th Aug 2014

Best hostel we have stayed in. Clean, great facilities and best of all friendly, helpful staff, (special mention to Kelyn and Mark!) couldn't have asked for a funner night out in Belfast so cheers guys!

A little loud in room 11 from the smoking area at 3 o clock in the morning.

• 18th Aug 2014

The staff is no really nice and the mattress was terrible. The rest was good!

We loved this hostel! The staff were chill while still being professional, competent, friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was totally laid back and welcoming. It felt like a more grown up version of the ideal hostel. Hanging out in the lounge felt like you were in someone's living room. They even have XBox and Netflix! Everything was clean from top to bottom. Wifi is spotty on the top floor but the lounge was so cool that we were happy to get out of our room and socialize.

very friendly and accommodating staff, clean bathroom and shower facilities, small private double room, free coffee/chocolate/cereals/pasta/rice/oil/milk, billiard table, foosball table, bbq, etc 15 min walk from the city centre and central bus/train stations, lots of pups and take aways within 5 mins walking distance

• 16th Aug 2014

My friend and I had never been to a hostel before, so when we arrived we didn't know what to think, but as soon as you set foot in the place, you get this brilliant vibe, the rooms were well presented and CLEAN! Honestly amazing spot! Will stay there above any other in future!

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

one of the best hostels that i have been to the staff were freindly and helpful also were good fun following travels were good to talk and speak the place real good buzz and homely sort of feeling diffentley one of better ones