Global Village Reviews

87 University Street, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

1919 Total Reviews

Nice hostel with friendly people. The only downside is that there are only toilets on the first two floors. Going down three floors at night for the toilet is not ideal.

No lift is very inconvenient for whom has many luggage

Hi, Sorry to hear you found this so inconvenient, especially when carried your bags up the stairs when you checked in, and back down again when you checked out. Maybe you should check on hostels website if this is such an important issue to you. Thanks, Team GV

I stayed in five hostels throughout Europe, and this one was the best of all. Great location, great atmosphere, very clean, friendly staff, good security. The building is very interesting and historic, and adds a lot to the experience. The shower/toilet rooms were very very clean and organized. I had never been to Belfast before, but I really liked the vibe of the neighborhood (Botanic). There's also a Starbucks and convenience stores within a very short walking distance. Would come again.

Great Hostel. Very friendly staff and great value for money. Would definitely visit again.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Absolutely lovely hostel. Incredibly clean and amenities are fantastic. Fox and his staff are very helpful and create a friendly and fun environment. They took us out to see some local bars every night we were there. We stayed a lot longer than originally planned in Belfast thanks to Global Village :)

GRATE place, i loved my times in global village, the staff was amazing, cozy and helpful, lot of fun, relaxing environment, friendly atmosphere... phink head girl was beautyful, and i was inlove of her....

• 30th Aug 2014

Great location, very clean, and good atmosphere. Celyn was amazeballs. So friendly and helpful!

Great atmosphere and facilities, seem to not abide by their booking system though. I was able to 3 nights in a4 bed dorm online but then had to switch dorms when i arrived. Whilst i was there I saw several other people arrive with the same problem.

• 29th Aug 2014

The hostel is awesome and the staffs are very nice and helpful

a suggestion to maybe do bathroom checks at night or early am, 2 different bathrooms had no toilet paper at 8am, otherwise very well kept. loved it!

Global Village seemed to me like a small, quaint and quiet place to stay, but don't let that fool you into thinking it isn't the most awesome place to stay while in Belfast! I had just come from a stay in a hostel in another country and Global Village far surpassed them particularly in security and cleanliness! The staff were SUPER nice and gave great recommendations for anything we inquired about. 2 thumbs up from me, and I'd give more if I had more thumbs! :)

• 27th Aug 2014

It's like a second home.

The hostel is well located, restaurants and pubs around, 15 minutes from city centre. It is very clean even though the room didn't have anything else except the beds. There is a good environment. The breakfast in the morning included coffee, tea, milk, cereals, bread with jam or butter, all for free, so for the price we've paid it was cool. The staff were nice, too. I recommend staying here if you visit Belfast

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Celyn was incredibly helpful with directions and my short stay. Cheers, Matt

• 23rd Aug 2014

Would be great if they had lockers

The staff were wicked and always made sure everyone had what they needed, whether it be knowing a good place to eat, the bottle shop, a place to go out or what have you. The pink-haired receptionist was great, organized the hostel on a pub outing and set us up for netflix when the vibe was more chill. She even kept a group of 18yr olds in line all night and cleaned up after them when they left. I was very impressed and would highly recommend it.

We had an epic stay. Real backpacker with no people sitting around surfing through the internet. NOOO, people are actually talking and interacting with each other. WE JUST LOVED OUR STAY. Keep up the good work Fox, Celyn, Naiara and all the others. You guys rock!!!

The staff when we were there were brilliant and friendly. Above and beyond by inviting us out. Also, really liked the artwork throughout the hostel.

From the second I walked in the door I felt right at home; the staff were beyond amazing and did a great job at making everyone feel well included and comfortable, whether it be organizing nights out (Fibber McGee's is brilliant) or watching tv (sons of anarchy) in the cozy living room. I was hard pressed to leave both belfast and this amazing hostel! Only left yesterday and I miss them/it already!! Cheers guys! Megan

• 18th Aug 2014

Best hostel we have stayed in. Clean, great facilities and best of all friendly, helpful staff, (special mention to Kelyn and Mark!) couldn't have asked for a funner night out in Belfast so cheers guys!