Global Village Reviews

87 University Street, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

After traveling around Europe for 6 months I can easily say that Global Village is the BEST!!! It has a homely atmosphere that is hard to find in other hostels. You can chill out in the lounge room & watch some movies or socialise with guests & staff in the kitchen & beer garden with a few drinks in hand. Big up to Mark & Fox. Check out their band 'Explosion Soundsystem' for good Reggae vibes . Also big up to Welshy Celyn, Aussie Todd, Señorita Nai, Frenchy Antoine & the Ginger Beard Man

Brilliant time in Belfast in avery relaxed hostel. Facilities provided were veryhandy andcertainly made staying there great time. Celyn certainly feel welcome so makesure you have achat with her. If I'mback in Belfast Iknow where I will be staying

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The atmosphere is just wonderful and everyone is like family. I would never stay in a different hostel!

• 10th Aug 2014

The best hostel I've ever stayed in. It's really clean, the bathroom speacilly, do if you don't like to share a bathroom you don't have to worry, because it's clean all the time. The beds are good, our dorm was small but it was completly ok, since the lockers had enough space to put all of our things in it. Apart from that, we felt so much at home because the staff is sooooo nice, speacially Celyn, who is awesome!!!

100% would recommend. Possibly the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Great atmosphere, great staff and great times.

• 8th Aug 2014

The location is a bit of a walk from the town centre, but the hostel itself was very nice. We only stayed one night, but the facilities were clean and the room (8 bed dorm) was spacious, and included small lockers. The staff were extremely friendly, and we're happy to help with anything you needed. Overall, it had a great atmosphere.

Awesome place with an especially awesome staff. Made you feel very welcome! Great atmosphere too, one of the best hostels I've stayed at. They deserve to be taken out for a nice dinner (:

This is a really awesome hostel. It was the first one I went to, but the community building here is awesome if you want it- the kitchen is a great place to meet people, and pub crawl night is the best! Highly recommend if you are a travel or alone.

It's the funniest place I've ever staid on.

Lovely hostel, will stay again!

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Great stay for me and my mates Rooms where a good size, clean and well presented. Played beer pong with people we just met there so that was excellent Shower facilities great Cant complain about it for 14.50 for the night was excellent

The best hostel I have stayed in. Had a fantastic night, staff were friendly, informative and even had time for a chat. Hostel is a walk away from city centre. Shall definitely be back :)

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Global Village was brilliant! I extended my stay from one night to a whole week! The staff was brilliant, nice, helpful and good fun, the accommodation is nice and well located! Pub crawls every night and easy to meet people fro all around the world! Highly recommend to stay at this place!!!!

• 1st Aug 2014

Nice place even though a bit of noise till late at night. Nice kitchen and breakfast wasn't bad.

I had the most amazing stay! The staff is excellent, very friendly and always ready to party. The hostel is very clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend it to my friends !

• 29th Jul 2014

Staff is AMAZING..Blue haired girl was in charge when I was there and she was amazing and on point and super friendly. She would engage people that were there by themselves which is really important being a lone traveler. Aussie guy knows tons about Scotland so ask him. Barcelona girl is super cute, help here with English its not so easy to learn in Ireland. French girl left when I was there but she was super cool. I want to go back here just to hang with staff. Stay here over other big hostel

The Hostel was great. People who working there are welcomy, nice and help you in you have any question. The place is not too far from the center. I didn't plan anything special when I was in Belfast and the Hostel gave me a lot of choices, pieces of advice for nice things to do there. I recommand this place if you want to spend few days in Belfast. ;)

Really cool place to stay. The staff are all really nice. Todd will show you all the best pubs in town. Thanks for a great couple of days! (And thanks to Todd for the tip with Skye)

Celyn was awesome. Ran the place well and sat down and had a beer with my group to get the night out started.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Awesome hostel, definitely one of the best I've ever stayed at. All of the staff were extremely kind and fun, they made sure to include everyone for the fun stuff and helped out whenever. This is a great place for solo travellers- it's so easy to meet people in the lounge, kitchen or back patio. Stay here!