Global Village Reviews

87 University Street, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Really beautiful hosltel with a staff very friendly and always helpful. If you pay by credit card there is 1 pound fee for the entire period in which it remains.

• 14th Jul 2015

Lovely staff, very helpful :)

• 14th Jul 2015

Lovely hostel that's within easy reach of the town centre, one of those places where you're not sure who's staff and who's staying!

The only reason I rated security & facilities good rather than excellent is because there was only one locking/under bed cage in a 4 bed dorm. Which is really weird. You should probably get a few more.

Had a great visit to this hostel! Great staff and inviting atmosphere

15 minute walk to city center. Common area had a cozy homey feel. Staff was very nice and the woman there was incredibly helpful and really went above and beyond to help me figure out my last minute travel plans. Wooden cubbys in rooms that can be locked with personal locks. This is a very social hostel, people here are friendly and it's a younger crowd that seems to like to go out

We were booked for 2 nights but only actually stayed only 1 night due to an accident at Giant's Causeway in which I suffered a broken ankle and was taken to hospital. We called Global Village and asked them to please not cut our locks on the room lockers and that we would pay for more nights to ensure that. They assured us they would not cut the locks and that our things would be safe and that we did not have to pay any more. Very sweet and sympathetic. Excellent hostel and service. A+++++

• 3rd Jul 2015

It's a small, comfortable hostel. Nice and clean bathroom facilities. Biggest downsides: Mattresses are worn out, so in the middle of the mattress you almost lie on the slatted frame. Also, steps outside of the room are easily hearable.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

Had to pay extra pound per day for unknown reason at arrival day. Payment wasn't reduced by the previously paid 12% during booking on Hostel world. I have not recived a account for service. Understand all that, young don*t care about it, but I do not support it. However wish them all the best..

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Croatia

Laundry was expensive; should have a separate lounge area.

One of the better hostels!

• 30th Jun 2015

Very clean and well maintained! The atmosphere and the people are so nice and welcoming. My friends and I very much enjoyed our short stay there!

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Mauritius

Global Village runs itself like a village, dense with community and friendship, entirely efficient in operation, and with welcoming, comfortable facilities. The staff is almost always hanging out in the common lounge where there is a TV and books, or in the kitchen with billiards. They are always available for help or travel advice, and would go for a drink as soon as shoot pool with you. The location was perfect for me--out of the center but within walking distance. You can't go wrong here!

I was in a 6 bed female dorm and it was quite spacious. You do need to take your luggage up a few flights of stairs. Showers are downstairs from the rooms but there was enough of them and they were pretty clean. There are 2 private ones and a few shared. Breakfast was fine, toast and jam and cereal. Apparently there is free pasta and things but I didn't use it. It's a bit of a walk from the town centre, but doable. Area felt safe.

Great place to relax. Very chill with a great staff

I was only staying here as I was going to see a gig, and didn't have anyhwere else to stay, the place is in a really good location, not far the centre if Belfast (google maps says 20 minute walk ot the city hall, you could do it in 15), the staff are really firendly, at weekends it seems they have nights out, probably got things hapeningduring the week, the staff member offered me a chance to get a few beers, but ihad to head to the gig, nice offer though. Good facilities too.

I had a great time at Global Village! I appreciated some members of the staff taking us out on the town at night. Will definitely be coming back next time I'm in Belfast.

Unique hostel experience catered specifically to backpackers. Felt like a home rather than a dorm. Best staff I've met in a hostel (they even took us on a tour of the facilities). A bit of a walk from the city centre but adjacent to Queens University and Botanic Garden. Would definitely stay again.

Love Global Village! And Tom was the best!

Just want to recommend it, one of the best hostel I ever stayed!