Global Village Reviews

87 University Street, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

2012 Total Reviews

Good external security but only two underbed lockers in a four bed room is unacceptable. Staff friendly when awake. Accommodation beginning to show signs of wear. My dorm was very spacious but had no opening window, no table or chair. Why are expected to stand all the time or sit on someone else's bed?! Showers and toilets clean but very cramped with no shelves for toiletries nd tiny sinks. Needs more attention to detail.

One of the best hostels ever!

Great hostel. Very secure with two big front doors, though you can come and go as you please at night as all guests have keys for both. Breakfast is as much as you like cereal and toast with jam. Showers are new and very good. There's a pool table, table football and comfy sofas and TV with Netflix. Wifi is good, even in the dorm I was in. The hostel is in the student area so there are some drunks shouting at night. It's a 3min walk to Botanic train station.

There is nothing at all to moan about, I didn't miss anything, all the facilities are good. Nice and cozy atmosphere. It is nice to have a wee outside bit for the sunny days. Rooms are huge (6 doorm) and Staff is nice and relaxed.

There was an incident with another guest one night out of the 8 nights I stayed. I have to say that the staff were AMAZING and handled the situation extremely well. I was moved to another room immediately and the guest evicted. The staff are very friendly and go above and beyond. Breakfast was good. There are plenty of hostel activities going on throughout the week. They could use better ventilation in the showers though as mold is beginning to appear on the ceiling.

Absolutely fantastic stay here! The staff was very friendly and it made the place seem much more inviting than other places I have stayed. The rooms were always kept nice and clean, including the bathrooms. I loved that there was a common toilet/shower area, but there are also two seperate bathrooms in case you want privacy. Only downside is that it is a bit away from the city center, but the farthest walk I had was to Titantic and it was only about 35-40 minutes. Would recommend to anyone! :)

Global village is the best hostel I've stayed at so far. Great atmosphere and great sense of community. I felt really comfortable there.

• 21st Sep 2014

The staff are great, the location excellent and the rooms clean. It would be even better if there were proper lockers and more showers. Definitely a very nice place!

Very good value hostel and people were very helpful and welcoming! The place is clean and comfortable, I strongly recommend it!

This hostel is extremely clean, thanks to the tireless work of the volunteers. Mark, if you read this: buy'em a pack of beer, they deserve it. The internet connection is only working properly on the ground floor, so this should be addressed. I felt very welcome during my whole stay and would definitely come back!

Wonderful place, super cute with a friendly atmosphere. I felt like I was on vacation with a bunch of friends, and friends of friends. Staff was great, especially Fox. I've only stayed in a few hostels but this is by far my favorite!

Amazing hostel, thanks mark and kelen

There is nice place for young people. The reception is very frendly and verything clean. But maybe they shoul change beds, they were uncomfortable.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • China

No decent Internet connection, only in lobby, room had bed and that was it? No table or chairs, helli, its a Hostel? 4 people in a room, at the least a chair or two?

• 10th Sep 2014

Global Village was in a decent location and cost a good price. The hostel was fairly clean and had a small but nice common area. The staff was friendly and helpful. They provide breakfast, but consisted of sugary cereal, milk, and toast. Not every hostel provides breakfast, so this was a nice surprise in a pinch, but we only had it one day. We were in Room 7 and it lacked power outlets and there was only one see-thru cage locker per two beds. Not very secure. Overall an average experience

Helpful staff. Clean facilities. Big rooms. Good location

One of the best hostel I have ever been.

Awesome hostel - clean, loads of space, never a wait for the toilet/shower etc. Great if you need privacy but always something going on and a conversation to join in with. Cool staff who get everyone involved. As a solo female traveller, I felt at home and made friends straight away. A real backpackers hostel, had a brilliant time here.

Great hostel and great staff! Nice medium sized hostel in a good location. A plug for every bed is also very appreciated. Would recommend for sure.

My stay here was great. Staff were awesome and the place was very clean. Thanks guys.