Global Village Reviews

87 University Street, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Great environment. All the staff were very friendly and helped you with anything you required.

• 1st Sep 2015

it was so good to stay in global village. staff are friendly . I was very happy that I stay in this hostel..

• 30th Aug 2015
  • Portugal

Nice staff good common area and great location

I only stayed here for one night, but I really enjoyed it. Free pasta, clean rooms, friendly staff. Would stay again.

Very clean and with good accomodation. What I appreciateded the most was the friendly atmosphere with the possibility of meeting different people. Congratulation to the good staff!

• 26th Aug 2015

I was only here for one night but I would definitely go back! It isn't located in the city center area but closer to the university. Most of the stuff to see is about a 10-15 minute walk but it's only an inconvenience when you have luggage with you. The night I was there, the staff organized a free pub crawl and it was a great way to meet other travelers. I would recommend this place to anyone! Breakfast is included and the wifi is reliable. Wonderful place to spend an evening!

Great place to stay. Comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, enough outlets in the rooms, both communal and private shower facilities. The communal food in the kitchen was wonderful (especially the pasta). Definitely had a homey, family feel. Everyone I met here was so friendly!

Decent hostel. Only real complaint is that the Lockers can't really fit normal sized locks, only small ones. Lucky I made friends with my roomies and trusted that my stuff wouldn't be stolen.

The private room was small but clean, perfect for our one night stay in Belfast. The location was pretty convenient to the city center and bus station, not really walk-able but was an inexpensive cab ride.

• 22nd Aug 2015

The two guys at reception were great and very helpful to get tours organized and issues sorted out (lost luggage). The girl was quite grumpy. All in all - great place to stay!

• 22nd Aug 2015

We stayed 3 nights there & really appreciated the very peaceful atmosphere & the cleanliness of the whole hostel. Spacious dorm & comfortable beds. We didn't mind not having a bathroom in our dorm since the bathrooms were real clean. The hostel is not big & all the people were respectful, we felt as if we were home. The staff happened to be very helpful. Parking was very easy (we came in late August though). Nice environment. That's why we definitely recommend the place!

• 21st Aug 2015

This hostel was the most enjoyable we encountered on our trip through Ireland. The staff is very friendly and they organize many different events, like walking tours or whiskey tastings. The only drawbacks were our room's lock, which didn't seem too safe (but the house had two doors, which were always locked, so getting inside the house would be hard enough) and in the morning you might have to wait to take a shower, as there are only 3 available (+ two more private (small) shower/toilets).

Tom's free walking tour was super awesome, however could have been better if Jamie wouldn't have joined!

Staff was friendly and helpful, easy/free parking along the street, and rather central location (walking distance). However, the room my sister and I stayed in was stuffy and smelled, perhaps, of mould. It needed a good airing out, but there as no way to open the window, which made it was quite suffocating and uncomfortable. Also, the internet was absolutely impossible.

Excellent value for money. Very clean as hostel all through. I always judge hostels with cleaness of showers and toelts. This hostel is one of best I seen. Will recommend for sure.

Bear hostel in Belfast without a doubt always something going on. Make sure to do Tom's free tour

Amazing stay here. Awesome staff who put on events at night. Kitchen is stocked with cooking supplies that backpackers always need (pasta, rice and particularly olive oil! Why all hostels don't provide this basic ingredient is beyond me). Best part was the overall vibe of the place. Not too big so really got to know other backpackers. A little bit of a walk from center but not hard to get to at all. Definitely my favorite hostel :)

Yeah was spot on, I really enjoyed being there. Thank Jamie that I'll never look at a warm cup of coffee the same way again haha

• 16th Aug 2015

I loved Global Village and Belfast. The employees at this hostel are super friendly and helpful. They booked me a couple of fantastic tours, and they recommended fabulous places to see in Northern Ireland. The hostel is near the university, but it's also fairly close to the Europa bus station. Other pros: great mix of guests, comfortable beds, nice showers and bathrooms, high standards of cleanliness, warm and welcoming atmosphere, free delicious breakfast, lockers in the dorms. Loved it!

Excellent value for money, I enjoyed my stay so much. Staff is brilliant, hostel is clean, many showers. I am well Satisfied.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »