Global Village Reviews

87 University Street, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

I had an amazing experience at Global Village. The staff is amazing, especially Tom. He has an excellent beard. At the hostel their is free noodles, free breakfast, free games, and the staff takes you out every night to do something fun. You truly get a feel for the city of Belfast when you stay here and I would recommend this hostel to anyone that is thinking about staying in the Belfast area.

We will definitely return to Global Village - our 8 bed dorm was quiet and we were lucky to get bunks with curtains for a bit of privacy. Definitely a self-service kind of place, no breakfast or traveler amenities for sale like bottled water, etc., but there's a big kitchen but the grocery and cafes are close by (Belfast is a great walking town!) The ratio of restrooms/showers to occupants is low, but they're clean and well-maintained. The WIFI and lobby computers could use an upgrade, though!

This was hostel was OK. You have to walk everywhere to get somewhere. Staff was extremely helpful and very friendly The beds are extremely uncomfortable and very warm in the rooms.

We had an outstanding stay in this hostel. It's just what you may aspect, and a bit more.

Spacious rooms, friendly staff, good facilities (incl TV lounge and free computers & printing), quiet and local location. Beds were a little too hard though, muscles got a little sore.

Love this 'community' type Feel. Old house- staff are great!

Great vibes and friendly staff. They helped us organize a black cab tour of the city and gave great recommendations for food and pubs. Highly recommend!

Great hostel and great staff. Had a great time here and met a lot of cool people. Very good vibes and it was easy to meet people with the fun nightly activities. Would definitely stay here again. Also I love that dog!

I loved staying here in Belfast. Perfect for the solo traveler like myself to meet people. Rooms were spacious, bathrooms clean and a great common area. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Would recommend and stay here again.

Nice hostel, plenty of bathrooms, showers, comfy beds, book exchange, kitchen space. Friendly staff, tried to have games every evening. Breakfast is toast and cereal only.

Great staff and atmospher. Perfect for solo travellers or big groups!

Had a brilliant time staying at Global village-the staff were really great hosts and introduced us to some fantastic new drinking games. The hostel was really really clean comfortable and the shared areas were bright airy and extremely welcoming, Located in a nice area not too far from central Belfast and a 2 min walk to a lovely street with restaurants and fun bars, as well as being right near the beautiful Botanic gardens. Highly recommend!

The hostel was easy to find from Botanic Station, which is directly connected by train from the city airport. The staff was super friendly and very helpful. Despite the fact that I arrived on a Saturday evening, it wasn't as loud around there as I expected. People were being very respectful. The rooms were large and not overcrowded. The breakfast was not impressive but it is what you can expect from a hostel and I still enjoyed it. I fully recommend staying there, the place is great!

Honestly the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It's a little bit far from the city center (about a 20 minute walk), but it's really not bad since there are buses and it's a short walk from the train station. The staff there are so amazing, hosting events every night, and they really go out of their way to make sure you have an amazing time in Belfast, it's truly above and beyond (shout out to Tasha, Lucy and Salvatore for hiking up Cave Hill with me when my bus tour fell through!)

• 22nd May 2015

Top notch hostel and staff, the only gripe I had was the cave/box style bunks it made me a bit claustrophobic, not all bunks are like that though. Also some annoying Americans who wouldn't stop talking but that's pretty normal.

I really liked this hostel, the staff were friendly, the atmosphere was good in the communal read with everyone coming together before nights out. It was in a good location and not too far from the city centre and load of cool bars and cafes. We didn't have the breakfast but it seemed busy of a morning. Great place for small groups and people travelling alone. Would stay here again for sure

• 22nd May 2015

The room was nice and spacious and the staff were great. The downsides were that there were only bathrooms on the first and second floors and our room was on the fourth, the flattest, hardest pillow ever and a meager breakfast subsisting of bread and cereal

Great hostel ! Very clean spacious room, comfy beds, spotless bathrooms with good pressure showers. The only suggestion I would make would be to get lockers in the rooms. Really enjoyed my stay and would happily recommend it!

Enjoy the brunch

Really great hostel, friendly helpful and fun staff.