Global Village Reviews

87 University Street, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Bathrooms/Showers were very nice and private. The only issue I had with them was we were on the top floor so you had to come down two sets of stairs to get to any bathrooms. Staff was awesome and extremely friendly. Location was good and right in the thick of the college atmosphere, but a little far south from the main tourist attractions and transportation (ferries & Belfast Central).

• 23rd May 2014

There was no reading light, and duvet and pillow were thin. Free breakfast was fine, but the kitchen was not clean. There were some bathrooms which was clean, but they were not separated by male/female which was unconfortable for me.

Great place! Would highly recommend for anyone staying in Belfast! Awesome staff, great facilities, and a good location! I'll be staying there again the next time I'm in Belfast!

Great staff that really wants you to have a good time in the city.

This is a great hostel. The staff were very welcoming. They took us on nightly "pub crawls", I use this term lightly because they weren't traditional pub crawls. The staff just took us around to a few really cool bars in the area. The staff were extremely welcoming; they suggested things to see in Belfast and made the arrangements for us. The room we stayed in was small, but clean. Laundry facilities were available for 4euros (including soap). I would highly recommend this hostel!!

• 19th May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Global Village. The staff was very friendly and helpful with all of our questions. The facilities were always clean and we never had issues with hot water for our showers. I would highly recommend Global Village to other travelers.

• 17th May 2014

Truly beautiful place located 15 minute walk from the bustation. Good people.

We stayed here a few night and the staff put up with a lot from us and still seemed to like us by the time we left, we had so much fun at this place and would definitely stay again if we were in the area. The Australian were our favorite! Especially jack! He was so cute, and always nice!

Loved everything about Global Village and it was definitely my favorite hostel from my trip through Europe. The staff was awesome, especially Jack and Tom. They're pretty cool. The rooms were spacious and very clean. There were plenty of bathrooms and showers. The internet worked well. The atmosphere was super cozy and chill. Basically, the place is awesome and you should stay there.

I liked my stay at Global Village. Very good location (botanical garden just 5 minutes walk, cafes & bistro nearby), silent, nice atmosphere, very friendly and helpfull staff, spacious dorm, clean toilets. I really would recommend this hostel.

• 16th May 2014
  • Poland

Jack is the GREATEST. So sweet and helpful, he (along with how great global village is all around) made this hostel my favorite hostel I have EVER stayed at. Such a great time, and every single staff member was amazing too. Great vibes! Another shoutout to the staff member from Zimbabwe, you are so kind and welcoming! And the wonderful ginger at the desk- you've got one hell of a beard. CHEERS to an amazing time at global Village.

Never bother to fill out hostel reviews but this place made Belfast my favourite stop in four months of travelling. As soon as you step in the door you're hit by the friendly atmosphere and laid back nature. Shout out to Frenchy and the Beard, ripper beer pong table as well. Close to a wide variety of great bars pubs and clubs. Would revisit. Literally the best group of hostel employees I've ever encountered.

• 15th May 2014

Very nice place ! Helpful staff . Very clean rooms...

Great hostel, great location and awesome friendly staff. Highly recommend.

Nice place overall. Staff is really friendly and helpful and place was very clean. Simple free breakfast, 2-3 bathrooms (shared) on each floor, but there aren't a HUGE amount of rooms so you rarely will have to wait. Renting a towel for 1 use was extremely expensive at 2GBP. Location could be a little bit better, but still not bad and within walking distance to everything. Cabinets in the rooms allow you to use your own lock, but the hinge of the door can easily be taken off with a screwdriver.

This hostel has a great staff. Our room needed a little tlc. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

this hostel is very small that creates a familiar atmosphere

Great hostel, good facilities and friendly staff.

Enjoyed my stay, thank you. Keep up the good work.

Strange smell in the room. Almost nothing but a bed in the private double room. Except these, other stuff are good.

• 7th May 2014