Global Village Reviews

87 University Street, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Placed a bit far from city centre, but in a safe area. Staff help a lot but they had a problem and didn't accept cards so I had to look for an ATM which was a bit of a headache. Breakfast is included and in overall is very clean, Would recommend if you have your own vehícle (or like walking)

Italian guys at the reception really nice and kind

Very nice staff.

Clean, comfortable and great atmosphere

• 30th Apr 2014

I would recommend this hostel. Good location, everything very clean and very nice staff. You can feel literally like at home.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Staff were nice and let me check in when arrived early and were really helpful in the questions that i asked, it was a 10 min walk into the city centre which is good they have a free pool table which is cool

This hostel feels like home. It's so relaxing with relaxing common areas. The owner really wants to make you feel comfortable with free computers and some free pasta in the kitchen. My favourite hostel in the UK.

Great place to stay. Atmosphere and facilities were excellent.

Good place, good staff. I recommand !

• 19th Apr 2014

This hostel was great! I loved that it felt like a home/house, too. Really great atmosphere and lots of fun!

• 18th Apr 2014

The atmosphere and kitchen were awesome. It's about a 10 minutes walk to City Hall and City Centre, but you are close to the free Ulster Museum and Botanical Gardens. Staff hung out with us and took us to some pubs. Our 6 person female room was super roomy with three dressers and mirrors. Made some friends!

very good, people is really friendly and helpful.

Thanks global village, I have a awesome Easter in Belfast. I really love your kitchen and the garden :))

Global Village is very nice. The stuff there are so friendly and there are pool tables, football tables and a lots of other games for you to play. Me and my friends went out in the day, cooked for dinner in the kitchen and played games at night. I missed our time there.

I only stayed here for two nights but i could have happily stayed a week - I really LOVED everything about it. The location was excellent, don't really understand why people want to stay right in the centre when the student area is much more lively. It was sunny when I stayed and the botanical garden just round the corner was amazing and the Ulster museum was right there too. I walked from the bus station with all my stuff in just over 5 minutes and into town was only 10. Ideal weekend stay!!

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Wales

I was traveling alone and only stayed 1 night but I found this hostel to be safe, clean, good value for money, friendly and room was spacious. (only small thing was pillow was thin so had to double it up to get comfortable, may b I could hav asked for another, I don't know). Definitely would go back.

• 11th Apr 2014

I loved Global Village. Near of everything in Belfast. Nice and friendly staff. I really felt like home!!!

• 11th Apr 2014

One of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in! Super clean and great facilities. Even free food in the kitchen!

You get what you pay for, I very much enjoyed my stay but one of the shower units and toilets were broken which was a shame as the hostel was full so people were having to queue. The staff were very friendly and very laid back. i would stay here again if it was a short notice trip as for that price there can be no complaints as it really was just somewhere for me to get my head down after a long day.

• 5th Apr 2014

Great atmosphere, great staff, great facilities although I could imagine it would be hard to cook around peak dinner times (there's an oven and stove and good equipment with free rice, pasta and other goodies). Free pool, foosball, movies, tv, books. Breakfast is standard: toast, cereal. But that usually does me alright. Big shout out to the Aussie staff members, great guys and good fun (and a sweet ginger beard for one of them).