Global Village Reviews

87 University Street, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

1938 Total Reviews

Little noisey but overall great stay and would definitely stay again!

We had a very pleasant stay in Global Village. The staff is really friendly, there's an awesome relaxed atmosphere. The kitchen is well equiped and the hostel is overall very clean. Nothing to complain. We certainly recommend staying here when visiting Belfast.

This hostel is very good for solo travelers. Its a small and cozy hostel, which makes it easier to meet other travelers. Really friendly staff too. They invited me to hang out with them as soon as I checked in. And they were very helpful as well, especially Celyn. She likes to make sure everyone's having a great time. If I ever go back to Belfast, I'm staying in this hostel again. :)

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Puerto Rico

Everything about my stay here was fantastic! The staff were brilliant, anything you wanted to know they would be able to tell you, Celyn seemed to know pretty much everything about Belfast! Wonderful place to stay and the nightlife around there is great!

• 3rd Jul 2014

Best Youth Hostel in Belfast, possibly the world! I had so much fun staying here and hanging out with the awesome staff that I forgot to really do any of the touristy things you're supposed to do on holidays, but if I had my time over I wouldn't change a thing! I am already planning my next trip back to Belfast so I can live and work at Global Village for a longer time, because i never wanted to leave!

Great place to feel at home, but also sociable with down to earth staff.

Nice place to stay. Clean and comfortable beds. Only criticism wasn't really the hostels fault but drunk talking loudly early in the morning, in communal areas, waking everyone up.

Amazing atmosphere, great staff. would definitely go back Keep up the good work guys!

I thought overall, it was a lovely place. My only real complaint was that the mattresses were like sleeping on a slab of cement. I took extra comforters from unused beds to try and help-but it was not a relaxing six nights sleep. Also I thought the bedding looked somewhat worn.

• 25th Jun 2014

After spending two weeks in different hostels around Ireland I must say that Global Village was the best that we came across. The rooms were clean, the location was great and the staff was beyond compare (with some stunning beards and eyebrows.. I may add!) I would highly recommend staying here if you are passing through Belfast. Cheers from Nova Scotia :)

• 25th Jun 2014

Staff were very helpful and kind. The internet didn't always work while in my room on the top floor, but I expected that. The rooms also had quite a bit of space!

• 25th Jun 2014

I spent 2 great nights there, it's a really nice place to stay. The room was very clean and comfortable as well as the bathrooms. Free tasty breakfast served in a very clean kitchen-diner. A big thank you to Simone, great and helpful staff member, you rule man!

The owner is a real nice guy ensuring a great stay!

Everyone who works there is great. Mark & 'Eyebrows' are funny, extremely helpful. It's a family environment and I had so much fun there. First hostel I've been too which has a stocked kitchen with pasta, herbs and spices! Good location, good environment, lots of activities planned. Big spacious rooms and bathrooms too. Will recommend this place for sure.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » last »