Global on the Waterfront Reviews

67 The Esplanade, Cairns, Australia

The rooms were alright, the bunk beds have no rails tho so if you're pissed or just a very restless sleeper you bare the risk of falling off them, the toilets and showers are very disgusting but for $15 a night you can't really complain, great location, the lagoon is across the street and the staff are very nice and very helpful.

Great location, clean rooms and kitchen facilities ok

only one complaint and that is that the mattresses are the worst we've ever experienced and we've stayed in our fair share of hostels!!!

• 11th Aug 2015

Our room was a small windowless cell, which for the price we paid and our short stay was bearable, but any longer and I don't think we could have handled it. The beds were quite uncomfortable, the top bunk springs had all busted and the mattresses were pretty lumpy and saggy. I don't think I'll stay again. BUT the location was fabulous, I guess that was the one redeeming factor.

Cheapest hostel - also worst experience. The doors are thin like cardboard. Very noisy also in the late/very early hours. In our room were a lot of hair on the ground and it was generally not clean. No plankets and pillows! Just a bed with matress and sheet. you get what you pay, Iam generally a hardcore money saver but I wouldnt recommend it.

• 15th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Toilets clogged on a daily basic, and constant noise from the other guests, would not recommend to anyone.

• 4th Jul 2015

Stayed for 3 nights, found the female staff unhelpful at the desk when asking basic questions about local transport etc , not welcoming attitude,a lot of long term residents so very clicky atmosphere, Music was blaring from reception all day started about 9am one morning until about 10pm each night which can be heard all over the hostel. Kitchen looked clean but a lot of cockroaches in the food cupboards No where to eat except the v small kitchen for a large hostel Bedrooms are tiny

If there is someone noisy or yelling, wish that staff can stop them immediately. Someone listen the music very loudly and keep one hour. No matter the time is, I thin everyone should respect every customers.

Dirty, over crowded, there was no room for us to put our bag

Dirty bathroomes and toilets

• 25th Apr 2015

My single room (103) wasn't clean at all. I think that it wasn't prepared for me when I came because First i didn't even have bed sheets in my room. Great location, loved the common room, kitchen clean with all equipments needed. Noisy, especially because there is no real window in my room, I could hear everybody as if they were in my room. But I enjoyed my stay, thank you! I would probably recommend this hostel (especially because the single room is really cheap!)

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

-room clean can be provide -bathroom and toilet are not too clean

• 5th Apr 2015
  • China

Great place to stay in the beautiful city of Cairns.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • India

Felt like imprisoned, unfriendly and unhelpful staff, traveldesk tries to sell you everything before and after check in, very loud, air conditioning not working, no windows, easy to break in rooms, small and much to hot kitchen, anybody can grab any key for bringing back a cuttlery box...

• 19th Mar 2015

you took my booking without me knowing you had to have an up to date passport . i rang and canceled my booking.last time i ever book with you guys..as they say done my dough

• 10th Mar 2015

Missing BBQ possibility Missing laundryline. Just expensive dryer. Washing machine didn't work properly.

• 8th Mar 2015

This hostel was prison like, there were two of us who booked a private bunk room. they gave us the wrong keys and were sent to a male room that was full. After that was sorted we spent the entire time in a room where only the fan worked. It was humid and gross the entire time. Also, we rudely got kicked out of the lounge well before the closing time and there was no other place to escape the room since i was on the top bunk and had to sit on the floor if i didnt want to climb up the bunk.

• 6th Mar 2015

The noise is terrible, it's one thing that the place is echoy, but they blast music allll day long. I also did not appreciate letting people knock on doors to every room to bring them PJ VIP, there's better places to do that. The lobby, the lounge, outside. The sink was also not cleaned since the last person, there was beard hair on every inch of it.

• 3rd Mar 2015