Global on the Waterfront Reviews

67 The Esplanade, Cairns, Australia

booking online I got super over charged with my deposit. It was hard to notice till later and when I contacted them it was not helpful. The issue was very odd. money from my Ausie account was taken out in US dollar and then I was charged for two converting fees. $3 became $9. It was very F'ed

• 15th Feb 2015

after checking out I did not receive my 20 dollar key deposit this was okay because they where going to transfer the money i then received an email sayting that it was gonna cost me 2 dollars because of a credit fee this was not my fault and don't see how this was fair yeah it's only 2 dollars but this is Beside The point

• 31st Jan 2015

Lovely and very friendly staff, vouchers everyday with half price meal deal and a free drink, which is excellent..! Enjoyed our stay here!

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

It was horrible don't go there!!!it s look like a jail!there was no window in our room, the beds were in plastic, the room and the lavatory were so dirty and there are some cucarachas everywhere and specially in the kitchen...the staff was not nice and not helpful.the only advantage is its location.in conclusion i hate tous place!!!

It was great being right across from the esplanade!

• 28th Nov 2014

The room was clean enough, but the bathrooms were not. We only stayed one night, so it was fine, but I would not have liked to live there for longer. There are better hostels in Cairns, on the other hand - for only 15 dollars at night, you get good value for money

Excellent location near to bus/coach terminal, ferries to the reef and islands, all the clubs and night activities, the night markets and of cause the lagoon is just accross the road. Great friendly crew working here.

• 5th Nov 2014

very nice location and accommodation is very nice and affordable. the sales staff are very pushy when trying to sell you trips it made me feel very uncomfortable when i was there.

The place is very tired. The hallways are tiny and dark. Bathrooms are tiny as well. Even the sinks are so small that you can barely wash your hands there. I stayed at many hostels and this one felt like a dorm for homeless people. I think you can find much better places for this price in the area.

Worst but cheapest

• 13th Sep 2014

We stayed in a 4 bed female dorm for 2 night. The room was dirty. Especially the ground and the painting started to come off the walls.The ground was very dirty, because no one ever cleaned it. Housekeeping consists only of taking the waste out. This is not Housekeeping! We had a tap in the room but it was dripping and dirty. It was disgusting. There was just one Toilette and two shower for a whole floor. The kitchen was small and had just five chairs. The kitchen hours were unreasonable!

layout reminded my group of a prison like building. staff messed up our rooms and gave us grief about it and weren't very apologetic about it.okay for a cheap place to stay but wouldn't personally stay there again.

Likely to be the worst hostel I' ve ever slept in while in Australia. Noisy and disrespectful people seem to be more than welcomed in this hostel as the "Night Managers"(two different ones in the two nights we spent there) don't care at all. People were allowed to scream senseless all night long with no one telling them off.