Global on the Waterfront Reviews

67 The Esplanade, Cairns, Australia

Very dirty and an unfriendly atmosphere, A lot of noise late at night. The first room we where allocated stank of Chlorine as it was right next to the lagoon filteration and the sink was blocked!

• 18th Jul 2014

the bed was so uncomfortable we had springs digging into our backs,not allowed extra pillows as the ones we were given were so flat we could feel the springs in the side of our head, asked 5 times for the air con to be switched on it never happened. Items were taken from our room after our bins were changed from 9pm-7am there are no staff so guests were free to run wild, both nights there was music playing full blast until 1-2am, having footballs smashing against our door at 4am!

• 14th Jul 2014

The hostel is pretty clean and organized. good location but i liked the global central better (which is from the same company). The kitchen was not big, not enaugh space in the fridge (but thats always the same in the hostels) and communal area closes at 9 or 10 (kitchen as well). its nice for a short term but not if u want to stay there for longer. i did not like that u had to borrow cutlery before every meal, really annoying. just one toilet for ladies on my floor.

The location of the hostel & the rooms were fine. the kitchen facilities were OK but needed more space for dining. The lounge/balcony area was nice enough but the fact that it closed at 9pm was absolutely ridiculous!!!! Particularly as there was nowhere else to hang out after that other than your room! The $6.50 meal deals at OJ Obriens were definitely the best think about staying at the hostel really!

• 12th Jul 2014

Would stay there again

• 22nd Jun 2014

The beds have the springs under a very thin layer of material which makes it very difficult to get a good nights sleep!

Lost my pair of Rayban sunglass and a Superdry Jacket which are cost almost 500 AUD, and the staff found nothing!!!

• 9th Jun 2014

A place to sleep, not much else. No atmosphere due to poor common areas that are closed at night. Good location but a bit of a walk from clubs.

Good hostel, great location. Only stayed 1 night, so nothing bad to say :-)

I was disappointed with the facilities provided here, even the rooms don't have any sockets, which was very bad. Staff was pretty ignorant and unfriendly.

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Finland

Horrible, disgusting Booked four nights in advance. 10 min after check in I asked to leave after one night - first they lied, after insisting more they told me about the "no refund" Policy. facts: rooms are not even having floors, pure beton and metal bank beds is the only you'll find there. No energy sockets, closet, space for luggage etc. One wc, two shower per floor. Dirt in every corner, no free lockers for valuables... There is just sb earning money by cashing out naive Backpack

• 9th Apr 2014

Very unfriendly attendant (Asian lady). They lost my deposit money only after one (1) day! Dirty floor in my room. Rubbish left behind by former tenant was not picked up by the cleaner. Lack of security. No lock in the shower. Someone could literally open the shower door and rape you. Lots of inappropriate (adult) posters throughout the floors making this place more like a brothel. Not relatively cheap for the single-room that I got. Overall, this place is not outstanding. I will stay elsewhere.

• 6th Apr 2014

Bedbugs in my room bited me more than 80 times on one night...

Air con didn't work so like a sauna and cleaner loud in morning . Good spot otherwise

• 26th Mar 2014