Globe Backpackers Exeter Reviews

71 Holloway Street, Exeter, England

We got a warm welcome when we arrived and the staff was quite helpful. The accommodation itself was really clean, the showers are amazing for hostel-standards and the sleeping rooms are very big. Actually there is nothing to complain about. If you visit Exeter stay in the Globe Backpackers and you will have great days!

Only qualm is they allow smokers to smoke on the entrance to the hostel, which is not nice for the hostel's image or non-smokers. However, staff are very nice and accommodating, the place is very clean and well run and they have the best showers I've ever experienced in any hostel or hotel. I highly recommend this hostel.

I really like this hostel. It was my second time here. Nice and homely big dorm. The common room has a radio and people actually talk to each other. This doesn't happen much anymore in hostels these days! I arrived outside check-in hours but the owner let me in anyway, which I appreciated very much (heavy bags!).

Really nice, helpful staff, and nice room.

Good Location, 5 minutes from centre. Showers are new and clean. Fully equipped kitchen, but the hotel should put a sign above the stove so that people are obliged to use the ventilation otherwise the whole common room smells (indoor pollution kills!). Price-wise and considering Exeter is a small town, i think 17.50 GBP a night for a 10 bed dormitory is too much. You can easily find a single bedroom (shared bathroom) for the same price in Barcelona!

Room doors need to automatically lock when closed. Don't advertise laundry facilities if only service washes are available.

Great stay, lovely staff. :)