Globe Backpackers Exeter Reviews

71 Holloway Street, Exeter, England

I had a great stay at the Globe Backpacker Exeter and I wished I could have stayed longer. Great room, great facilities, great atmosphere !! I warmly recommand this place.

I have informed you that I cncelled my stay there and I would like to have a refund but you never replied and you still send me forms for review !Please , read my email

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Greece

It was my first time staying at a hostel on my own, and it was a very welcoming hostel for my first time. I only spent the night, but I would definitely recommend it to friends.

• 7th Dec 2015

Amazing atmosphere and lovely staff members

• 28th Nov 2015
  • Poland

I was pleased with a good atmosphere, cleanliness, comfortable wooden beds, kitchen and a hot and simple to use hot showers. I would like to recommend a room just for ladies where was quiet, warm and I did not hear no snore. Very useful were small bedsides in this room.

• 26th Nov 2015
  • Poland

It's not the best location in terms of proximity to the city centre but lovely staff and excellent english breakfast in the mornings!

OK, bit confused here as we are a stones throw from the town centre, and we do not provide breakfasts!?!?

Probably down to my naivety, but I expected a similar experience to a YHA hostel. The two duty managers were kind and welcoming, but with the exception of the toilet & shower everything else was a filthy greasy wreck. Mouth breathing was the only option in the dormitory, as the stench of rancid filthy men, coming from the heaps of dirty clothing made me gag. It was an enlightening experience, but not one to be repeated.

• 31st Oct 2015

Good location and size, along with friendly and helpful staff. Unfortunately, poor ventilation from the kitchen, dorm rooms are not very clean and there can be noise throughout the night, especially under windows. Average hostel that provides what you expect, but nothing more.

• 30th Oct 2015
  • Morocco

The building was smaller than expected but the facility overall was good. The shower rooms were especially spacious. The staff was friendly, even when they aren't working but let you in anyway. The staff was helpful when we explained we had to checkout (very) early and told us where to drop the key. It was a pleasant experience.

Rooms were nice, had all the essentials. Staff were friendly and helpful and the location is great. Only downside was that walls seem thin so I would recommend earplugs. Great Value for money too.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Brilliant atmosphere and met some lovely people. Great facilities which were all very clean and they even had a proper hairdryer! Let us order Dominos to the hostel and another guest checked out my car for me. Would definitely stay again if in Exeter :)

• 6th Oct 2015

very little space to place your baggage (propriets); not very sure if the number of toilets and showers is enough

You had a private room measuring approx 10 metres by 5 metres to yourself, with wardrobe, chest of drawers, two side tables and a sperate table with two chairs. The hallway outside your room has 3 showers and a toilet. Not sure where your perceived lack of space and emenities even begins!!!!!!!

It's good value for money and the location is excellent. It's a basic hostel, so don't expect luxury. The dorms were not the cleanest and the beds not very comfortable but the bathrooms were quite clean. I wasn't able to get a locker plus you need to bring your own lock if you manage to get one.

Night time vehical runing sound coming through the window,

• 12th Sep 2015

Staff here are very nice and helpful. But hope maybe the mattress should be changed a bit? A little bit smelly. But I still enjoyed the time there.

• 4th Sep 2015
  • China

The bed was tiny, the door of the room made horrible noises, the walls are quite thin. I really appreciated that the bathroom was very clean.

• 1st Sep 2015

The bed is a normal size single bed, so not sure what he means. The door was indeed squeaky, and as soon as the management had been made aware of it, it was fixed - if we had been told after the first night, it would have been sorted after the first night!!!!!!

Very uncomfortable mattress but good showers

this is quite a basic hostel. I pretty enjoyed the kitchen and the warm helps from the staff. And the toilets, bathrooms as well as kitchen are quite clean. But i think it will be better if you could change beds in recent future. The bed i tried was tooooo soft to damage people's health. If forthcoming backpackers want to wash your clothes, you have to bring the things to the town. There are some laundry shop around the city centre.

No possibility to rent a towel if you book a bed in the dormitory,despite many towel available,only for private room!

we don't rent towels, but You can buy a towel for £1 from the office !!!!!!!

Its in a good central location. The downside was the atmosphere and less than welcoming staff but he eventually gave me a wry smile of agreement when i said 'i guess you've seen one too many backpackers'.