Globe Backpackers Exeter Reviews

71 Holloway Street, Exeter, England

Perfect for what it is, very friendly. Everyone, including guests, were considerate. Location is ideal being right in the centre of town. Shower facilities we're clean and there are loads of places to charge your phone. I can see why some of the guests use it as a base camp for when they're in the UK.

• 28th Jul 2015

Great location and helpful staff.

• 17th Jul 2015

Recepcionist very ungry,unpolite.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Spain

The hostel was mostly comfortable, there was noticeably long-term residents here though and some (not all) just took over certain areas, such as T.V room where despite being their first, they requested a channel change. Not the usual etiquette when staying at hostels. I understand you can speak up, but it felt odd, as though we were staying in their house. Not the best hostel I've stayed at.

• 7th Jul 2015

Good location and free wifi. Slightly annoyed with being charged 50p to pay by card, surely a common method in the UK! But otherwise an average hostel.

The dormitory smelt like sour socks and turds and there was nowhere to put my belongings so I had to sleep with my bags on the bed.

• 7th Jul 2015

charged for late arrival though only few minutes - bit steep since I had phoned ahead and staff were on premises anyway. Next day a guy floated around, usually without a top. It was not until evening I realised he was staff. He was in a bad mood -with good reason - a lot of folk had failed to do washing up. Seemed to be a regular problem -long term residents were used to his bad moods, but I didn't see why he should take it out on all of us. I had to wait to check out early before early bed.

The hostel is a good 25 minute walk from the train station and on a busy street. There are a few people who've stayed there for at least a few months (a year) already and seem to feel like it's their home which made me feel like intruding into their territory. 4 lockers in a room for 8 which were partially used by regular guest who weren't there at that time (if lucky you'll find a free one in communal area). Good kitchen facilities and fairly nice staff but overall an awkward atmosphere.

The staff was great and very talkative. But some people would like to sleep befor 1 am.

Great Hostel to stay in . I would highly recommend it. Staff are very helpful and friendly.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

It was ok, but the receptionist just sell my 3 pounds parking permit which was'nt neccesary..I ask him two times he said we need it. But clearly say after 6pm it is free and i told him we gonna leave in the morning abot 8clock. I buy once and i did'nt buy for the following evening.I ask around local people and everyone said we dont need I know he trying this with all of the customer becasue this easy money, i am not a tourist i leave here for a long time. Anyway execpt this everything were fine.

• 22nd May 2015
  • Hungary

You would only have been sold a parking permit if we thought you needed it - we make NO money from parking permits, what you pay is what we pay for them!!

Very well irganised. Fantastic location. It was 5 mins walk from where i needed to go to. Excellent offer on parking which i hadnt know about in Advance - i only booked at last minute. Also very helpful with directions in exeter. And facilitated my very early departure. Definitely would stay again. Thanks. Aileen

• 20th May 2015
  • Scotland

I absolutely loved it. There is a hugh kitchen and lots of space to store food. The showers are amazing. There is always just one shower in one bathroom (lot's of privacy) and it looks nice and is clean. The rooms are big and not stuffed, the beds are comfy and sturdy. There are always a lot of nice people.

• 14th May 2015

Wow, I've never had such good showers before. I'm pretty amazed about your hostel.

• 25th Apr 2015

Very good proximity to city centre. Staff are helpful. Hostel looks like it's seen better days didn't bother me as much as not having a locker. Nevertheless, I did not get anything stolen. The people there in general seem very trustworthy and it's more of a family feeling because there are guests that stay for a longer time. I would have had the option to have my stuff in the luggage room that is lockable but that didn't allow enough access for my purposes.

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

The location is very good, being only 2 minutes away from the quay. I was very unhappy that they did not have luggage storage, other than some shoebox size lockers. This was very disappointing as my luggage was valuable and the only option was to leave in the office. The staff were pretty friendly, and the showers and toilet were spotless which is really good! common room was handy. I did however see that there are people living here, personally I didn't like that but others seemed fine with it

near the city center

The hostel staff were helpful and welcoming and there was a friendly atmosphere amongst those staying there an many had interesting travel stories to tell.

Friendly staff who kept my rucksack in their locked office during the day when I went and explored the city, even though I wasn't staying the next night. There seemed to be a lot of long stay residents in the female dorm where I slept, so it felt a bit like walking into someone's room, but I guess that's partly what hostel are for, especially in February...