Globe Backpackers Exeter Reviews

71 Holloway Street, Exeter, England

Very friendly staff. clean kitchen, rooms and showers. comfortable beds. spacious rooms. very luxirious showers. furnished and decorated with love. near the city centre and easy to reach by car (car park across the street).

• 16th Jul 2014

While quite old the hostel is terrific. Easy to meet people. Very friendly and amenable staff. Really nice atmosphere. Great kitchen facilities. Dorms are large and spacious. Great common area. Enjoyed my stay very much.

Very nice hostel with almost familiar atmosphere, i could have stayed only one night but i'd like to stay longer :)

nice place ... keep working to do more, you are the only one in area and it's a reason to do all the best you cand do ... so, invest and be careful !!!

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Romania

I spent 2 nights here

There needs to be a secure cycle area as at present they are left in the lounge over night and someone stole my gel seat cover off the bike, so my advice is to remove all ancillaries from the bike to avoid disappointment. Other than that is was a good stay Ken Wheeler

The staff were friendly from the moment I walked in and the hostel is one of the most spacious I've seen. There's a large communal area & TV room, and it's super close to town - I walked everywhere the whole weekend! The parking permit is also really useful for anyone who drives - there was always a space and for £3 a day it costs nothing!

Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice common areas. Huge rooms.

The bedding and mattress were tattered and poor quality. Not sure how often duvets are washed. Someone was living in the multi-bunk room. The showers were new and excellent.

There was vomit in the corridor

I wouldn't stay there again

Hostel located just off the city centre of Exeter, but unfortunately relatively far from any bus stop. There are damn cool high-tech showers, but unfortunately you can't change the temperature. Otherwise a good clean place with a fair Value for Money.

Great hostel , friendly staff, good atmosphere.. will be back..

We got a warm welcome when we arrived and the staff was quite helpful. The accommodation itself was really clean, the showers are amazing for hostel-standards and the sleeping rooms are very big. Actually there is nothing to complain about. If you visit Exeter stay in the Globe Backpackers and you will have great days!

Only qualm is they allow smokers to smoke on the entrance to the hostel, which is not nice for the hostel's image or non-smokers. However, staff are very nice and accommodating, the place is very clean and well run and they have the best showers I've ever experienced in any hostel or hotel. I highly recommend this hostel.

I really like this hostel. It was my second time here. Nice and homely big dorm. The common room has a radio and people actually talk to each other. This doesn't happen much anymore in hostels these days! I arrived outside check-in hours but the owner let me in anyway, which I appreciated very much (heavy bags!).