Globe Backpackers Exeter Reviews

71 Holloway Street, Exeter, England

It was ok, but the receptionist just sell my 3 pounds parking permit which was'nt neccesary..I ask him two times he said we need it. But clearly say after 6pm it is free and i told him we gonna leave in the morning abot 8clock. I buy once and i did'nt buy for the following evening.I ask around local people and everyone said we dont need I know he trying this with all of the customer becasue this easy money, i am not a tourist i leave here for a long time. Anyway execpt this everything were fine.

• 22nd May 2015
  • Hungary

Very well irganised. Fantastic location. It was 5 mins walk from where i needed to go to. Excellent offer on parking which i hadnt know about in Advance - i only booked at last minute. Also very helpful with directions in exeter. And facilitated my very early departure. Definitely would stay again. Thanks. Aileen

• 20th May 2015
  • Scotland

I absolutely loved it. There is a hugh kitchen and lots of space to store food. The showers are amazing. There is always just one shower in one bathroom (lot's of privacy) and it looks nice and is clean. The rooms are big and not stuffed, the beds are comfy and sturdy. There are always a lot of nice people.

• 14th May 2015

Wow, I've never had such good showers before. I'm pretty amazed about your hostel.

• 25th Apr 2015

Very good proximity to city centre. Staff are helpful. Hostel looks like it's seen better days didn't bother me as much as not having a locker. Nevertheless, I did not get anything stolen. The people there in general seem very trustworthy and it's more of a family feeling because there are guests that stay for a longer time. I would have had the option to have my stuff in the luggage room that is lockable but that didn't allow enough access for my purposes.

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

The location is very good, being only 2 minutes away from the quay. I was very unhappy that they did not have luggage storage, other than some shoebox size lockers. This was very disappointing as my luggage was valuable and the only option was to leave in the office. The staff were pretty friendly, and the showers and toilet were spotless which is really good! common room was handy. I did however see that there are people living here, personally I didn't like that but others seemed fine with it

near the city center

The hostel staff were helpful and welcoming and there was a friendly atmosphere amongst those staying there an many had interesting travel stories to tell.

Friendly staff who kept my rucksack in their locked office during the day when I went and explored the city, even though I wasn't staying the next night. There seemed to be a lot of long stay residents in the female dorm where I slept, so it felt a bit like walking into someone's room, but I guess that's partly what hostel are for, especially in February...

Great stay!

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Wales

The only hostel in Exeter, price lower than average but still quite expensive. Staff is helpful, facilities are OK. The pillow is not very comfortable.

• 11th Dec 2014
  • China

Everything was all right.

it is a little bit strange , as there are more people living there! Honestly , not suitable for the staying of travelers !

• 1st Nov 2014
  • China

Cleanliness poor as the womens bathroom was not clean. As a whole the hostel i would rate a 6.5

• 10th Oct 2014

Good staff and friendly people living there.

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

I just stayed for one night, but it was great! The room was really big and we had a lot of space (even though we were 8) and it looks more like a home than a hotel which is really cool because you feel more comfortable. The wifi however doesn't work upstairs (well it's really hard to get it and harder to keep it). But it works perfectly downstairs so it's not really a problem. The showers are modern and clean and there is hot water, and the toilets are clean to.

I could name poor Atmosphere, short reception hours, not quite helpful nor friendly staff and so on, but truth be told the only problem is the misleading name of the place for this is surely not a backpackers, nor tourist accommodation since pretty much everyone apart from us was staying long term. Knowing that, it comes to no surprise that the kitchen storage & fridges were overfilled, dorms full with bags&stuff and the place having no traveler's vibe at all.

The staff were welcoming and helpful and the guests nice. Excellent facilities, good wifi, big showers, equipped kitchen. Creaky beds, slamming doors and incredibly loud snoring means interrupted sleep, still a happy place to be.

Apart from the showers, which are brand new, everything else was dirty. The rooms were smelly.

It was all right.