Globe Backpackers Plymouth Reviews

172 Citadel Road, The Hoe, Plymouth, England

Dirty and run-down. Cold showers and generally not a pleasant atmosphere

• 7th Feb 2016

it would be nice to have a computer room in the hostels

• 6th Feb 2016

Really affordable accommodation and service which comes with an introductory breakdown on the origin of your surname. I'm not sure If that always happens but I certainly found It interesting. Couldn't beat the friendliness of the staff. Beds were comfortable. Great dorm mates and all round good atmosphere.

• 29th Jan 2016

the rooms and the water was not hot enough .... all the rest was decent

• 17th Jan 2016

I arrived earlier than planned and before the reception was open but I was checked in anyway which I was very grateful for. Generally the hostel was clean and tidy. It was rather old and tatty in places and it could do with a little bit of modernising but as I stayed for only 1 night it wasn't really an issue. In my room at least there weren't any ladders up to the top bunks so you need to be able to climb if no bottom bunks are available. Overall I was happy with my stay and have no complaints.

• 20th Nov 2015

The staff was okay but the atmosphere was worse than ever. The house was smelling really bad and I didn't feel that my linen were even washed.

Clean and comfortable though tired and in need of TLC. Bedrooms and bathrooms a little shabby, no ladders to top bunks. Reasonable kitchen though no freezer a big negative. Large dining room and table. Staff friendly. On street parking is metered 10:00-18:00 or visitor's day pass (£3) available, mostly residence only parking in surrounding streets.

• 1st Oct 2015

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. Arrived Thursday evening with my family. When i entered the unbearable smell hit me, the corridor looked scrappy and dirty. I was given a bed linen that was kept in the kitchen where someone fried something minutes before. It stank. Bedrooms were very basic, dirty, smelled bad and there were lots of hols in the walls. Overall it was the most dirty disgusting place.I've moved out the same night even that i have paid the full amount!

• 24th Sep 2015
  • Poland

This was a lovely hostel to stay in! Needs a bit of fixing up but it's such a friendly place - really easy to meet people and comfy places to sit and chat. Would stay again.

• 23rd Sep 2015

25mins walking distance from the train station. Situated near the bay front. Helpful and friendly staff. Small lockers available at common area.

I had a great time here. The location was great, it was clean and the staff were lovely. I would definitely recommend staying here for a cheap nights stay.