Globe Backpackers Plymouth Reviews

172 Citadel Road, The Hoe, Plymouth, England

The location is amazing and staff was friendly, but it wasn't quite clean, the rooms for 8 person are really crowded and toilets were always full. Not worth it for the price.

Great location and value for your money.

a really friendly and comfortable atmosphere created by excellent staff.

• 30th Mar 2014

really friendly staff, great location, really cute little hostel, definitely going back x

• 1st Mar 2014

If I'm paying a supplement for Wifi, I'm expecting to have a working connection. Also, my bed was absolutely not safe, I almost fell from it several times (and it was a high bunk bed). Finally, the additional expenses are weird: I was glad I could rent a towel, but there's no reason I should buy one if I want to use it more than once.

• 29th Oct 2013

No one pays a supplement or anything for the WiFi - it is and always has been free here. It has excellent reception in all the social areas, but not in the dorms (as stated). I won't even try and explain the concept of a bunk bed! We have never sold towels here!?! I think a £1 charge to borrow a towel for as long as you like is a good deal! Where do some people get this nonsense from??

The dirtiest place we have ever stayed in. There are things that need to be repaired and the place needs some air freshener. Staff weren't welcoming at all and were quiet rude when we arrived earlier than the check in time. Would not recommend this place to anyone.

The room is not so comfortable. The bathroom is clean. The common room is very cold. The location is very good!