Globe Backpackers Plymouth Reviews

172 Citadel Road, The Hoe, Plymouth, England

The location of the hostel was good, since it is close to the city center and the harbour. However, the hostel itself needs some renovation. The facilities are very old and therefore the whole hostel does not really feel clean.On top, the rooms are very small and the furniture is old and could be renewed. I would not go there again and would also not recommend it since I feld uncomfortable. A expected higher standards, especially since I slept in less developed countries cheaper and better!

• 9th Jan 2015

It is not the cosiest hostel, nor the cleanest, but well situated, there is everything one would need : kitchen, washing machine, lounge, dining room. The staff was very nice and helpful and the atmosphere was rather friendly. I didn't stay for long, but for a short stay, it is more than ok. If you don't need too much personal space and climbing up stairs, longer stays can be just as comfortable, the place is merely old and could come across as dirty.

The place was clean and tidy. The staff that i came across went the extra mile in making my stay pleasent. A great big thanks guys....

• 19th Nov 2014

Very friendly staff. Thank you!

• 10th Oct 2014

Nice, old house with atmosphere near the waterfront! Dorms are a bit cramped but mattresses are okay. Well-kept and clean, but not too many bathrooms.

• 30th Sep 2014

Fixtures and fittings in need of repair/replacement e.g. bedroom sink broken. No steps to top bunk

• 27th Sep 2014

The above questions will differ according to people's expectations. We had a lovely clean double room, in fact the guy was using the hoover as we were shown in! I did ask if I could keep him to do mine at home! The staff were wonderful. Helpful, kind, great sense of humour. Would definitely come back.

• 24th Sep 2014

Staff were very helpful and friendly. The hostel was in an excellent location, 5 minutes from the city centre. The beds were comfy as hostel beds go and the communal areas were kept clean and tidy. A huge choice of DVD's to watch even though I did not watch any. My only slight gripe was the lack of electrical sockets in the male dorm, but that isn't something that can easily be solved by the hostel, so I have learned to bring multi-plugs with me for next time.

• 23rd Sep 2014

toilet and shower were very awful..so dirty! and dry cloth in kitchen looks like tatter.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

Room nr.1 was our favorite, but in a certain way it has the luxury of a simple bridal suite. No need for that. Just a small table, one or two chairs, and a mirror above the zink. After all it's a simple one/two dorm. Loved our stay here. Plymouth has a lot of history and many things to offer. C U next time. :-)

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

I felt very comfortable staying at the Hostel. Staff were very good and I hope to make it back there when I am in Plymouth

• 6th Sep 2014