Globe Backpackers and City Oasis Resort Reviews

561 Wellington Street, Perth, Australia

Just there for the night but very happy with my stay, staff were helpfully, had some friendly girls in my room. Loved the Pool Table, added nicely to the atmostphere... Good price for center of the city basicly right next to the train/bus station. And cleaning staff I saw in the morning were hard at work and doing a good job. I'd use them again if need be.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

Thanks for staying with us and your review Penny, and look forwards to your next visit!

This was one of the worst I've ever stayed at. The cooking and socialising facilities are good enough, but the staff are unbelievably rude and the floor in the room was slightly damp/sticky.

Thanks William for staying with us and for your review, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay and will look into the issues you brought up, I have gone back to find your booking and will be looking into the floor issue and since I don't know which one of the staff may have been rude I can only apologise, it is definitely not something we stand for here at the Globe. I glad at least you enjoyed the social facilities and hope you made some really cool friends during you time here!

Location was amazing, very central and next to train/buses so easy to get around and check out the sights of Perth. Staff were really helpful and the girls in my room were really nice. Room etc were kept clean and good social areas. Had a great time and be happy to recommend it to anyone.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Thanks for staying here at the Globe and for your kind review. We do pride ourselves on out location and our amazing staff and glad you enjoyed you stay. Hope you may be able to stay with us again some day!

Friendly staff, great location around the corner from the city and train station. Perfect for a few nights to discover Perth. Guest can be loud there.

• 6th Dec 2013

Do not stay here! It is not a place for backpackers and especially not if you are alone. It was a almost like a halfway house and I did not feel at all safe. Some woman went through my things and when I told the staff,they showed no concern for our safety! I repeat do not stay here!

• 2nd Aug 2013

Excellent: THE LOCATION! 100 Points! And the winner of the category "dirties hostel I´ve visited yet" is: Globe Packpackers! Our roommates were friendly. But we only spent as less as necessary time in this hostel because it smelled of weed in the corridors and the showers and toilets were very filthy. The common area was nothing you would like to spent more time in.

terrible place never again riddled with bed bugs thugs and drunks

A rough hostel, but with good atmosphere. Facilities quite poor (in the kitchen no kettle, rooms had broken ac:s) but had a good stay anyway. A great place to stay for a short visit, excellent location in Perth! Friendly staff.

• 5th Apr 2012
  • Finland

It was terrible. The cleanliness was very bad and it was very loud every evening till late. From the courtyard the smoke came in our room which did it not better. The room was totally too small and the cleanliness was not good there too. Luckily the roomates were good so they did my stay a bit more comftable. But only this was good. Even the kitchen was horrible.. I cannot reccommend this hostel.

Had trouble understanding the desk attendant. Sheets were very worn to the point that they were about to have holes in them. The location was perfect for my purposes though.

Avoid this place if you can. I've stayed only one night and change hostel to another one. There was too much drunken people and place was dirty.

Well, in my long experience as backpacker never before had lost a booking except ath this Globe. My flight was delayed at Los Angeles, California and mailed to Globe's crew to hold my booking and they answer yes. What a surprise that arrived there tired of flying and they trashed away my booking. Crew did never comunicate between them and I was sent out on a full Perth city to walk and look for a hostel at 2 am. Of course, next morning they we're very sorry for their stupidity. I would never reccomend

If at all possible, miss it.

• 25th Sep 2010

Not a bad place to stay. My room was a little cramped - not much room to put anything. Showers aren't amazing. Good, spacious kitchen though.

A quiet, clean and secure hostel to stay in, in the city centre. The dorms were clean and the bed was very comfortable - and they had lockers in the room too.

no water in pool, photo on website shows lovely blue water, really grotty, said they told us to bring our sheets down to front desk but hadn't done. Some staff sourfaced, rooms tiny. All in all never again

very friendly helpful staff, great atmosphere, cant beat the location! great kitchen facilities and comfortable dorms.

the dorms next to the kitchen were unbearably hot the broken fan made it very stifling i didnt sleep for more than 4 hours each night as it was too hot and noisy by being right by the communal area. dingy and not much character and the reception was always closed even though it says open 24 hours. worst of quite a few hostels ive stayed in.

It\'s a great location for the picking up tours and the rail / bus. Good internet. Only stayed 1 night and didn\'t catch any bedbugs - mgr said it\'s mainly in the dorms, they fumigate regularly but can\'t do the same to would be guests !

Generally a very unclean hostel with a bad vibe, the unhelpful and unenthusiastic staff do not help things. Generally a bad stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3