Globe Trott Inns Reviews

1 Barking Road, London, London, England

Very friendly staff. Was difficult to find, in fact, I walked straight past. Good transport links to central london. Very close to West Ham football club.

Nice and friendly staff. Pleasent atmosphere, thanks guys

Very nice clean, tidy, friendly, reasonably priced, close to metro. Good place to stay if you are looking for budget hostel accomodation and I will be staying again.

Not much of a review person but couldn't let my laziness deprive others of how good Globe trott- inns is. Cheap yet has a very good standard of service, clean and tidy, amazing staff and good location. I recommend Globe trott- inns to anyone who wants to have a proper good time and yet spend reasonably.

• 16th Jun 2015

Everything was how it should be. Thanks guys for a lovely stay

Amazing experience, The hostel is located at 1 minute walking distance from the Boleyn Pub. Members of the staff are super friendly, the hostel vibe was great. I wasn't expecting to have such an amazing experience in a hostel. I recommend anyone who is on a low budget this hostel, I have been in a lot of them in London, and I guarantee you no ones beat this one! Honestly Globetrott Inns, you rock! I'll definitely come back here next time I come to London! Pedou

• 14th Jun 2015

The room was alltogether nice, the eating room was clean and very well equipped, only bathrooms were a bit dingy, but still clean enough and usable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The second little drawback is the location - its at least 40 min travel to city center.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Poland

Excellent price, excellent staff and facilities . Recommend to any backpacker on a budget.

• 3rd Jun 2015

Staff were very unfriendly. The atmosphere was very depressing. Our room key stopped working one night and their were no staff around to help us get in so we were locked out.

• 29th May 2015

Reception unmanned between midnight and 8am. So noone was supervising during the night and stopping people running around the hall shouting and just generally being loud. Think this was mainly because my room was next to the lounge. Finally got quiet at 4am. (when the lounge closed?) but I was then woken up early due to the volume of the tv being blasted. Also, security seemed to be good, however I kept bumping into loud drunkards, possibly from the pub downstairs?

• 21st May 2015

The place had bed bug put it this way not impressed!!!!!!!!

• 18th May 2015

It's a back-packer hostel, so don't expect a palace. Friendly staff, comfortable beds. My only complaint is the lack of shower-rooms as often in the morning there are queues to use showers. 20-30 mins wait is not fun. Often it's women in there for 20 mins at a a time. Just an observation, that they take longer times.

Ok so I stayed here as I had some work on just down the road at the excell. I had a great few nights stay. No problems with the room other than the fact there were no curtains. The only problem is in the common room. Mice!! Loads of them and they've got balls too just popping out all the time. That's no problem though if you actually saw any traps but there seems to be no effort at all to get rid of them and I can't understand why that would be?

• 12th May 2015

In general was good but I think It could be better, about the clean. The hostel needs more lockers and also cleaning habbits, specially in the kitchen. The personal was so nice and friendly.

• 7th May 2015
  • Mexico

The hostel is full of mice. But worse it's full of drunks and drug addicts. There should be better monitoring of people to look after the customers.

The hostel is dirty we saw mice twice in the kitchen once on the floor and the second time on the kitchen counters with the plates and cups. The mice were living peacefully in the kitchen along with the travellers.

• 3rd May 2015

I went to London to see West Ham United play, so for that the hostel was perfect. It is right in the East End just down from the grounds. Other than that, this is not the place to stay if you are going on a regular trip to London. The place is significantly outside city center and there is not much to do in the East End. It's in need of renovations and for the same price I have stayed in much nicer hostels (though not in London because London is a very expensive city).

Curtains in the room would be awesome, as well as a gas or electric cooker in the kitchen (or say on the website that there is no cooking opportunity in the kitchen).

• 29th Apr 2015

All I needed was one night, nearish the Excel and definitely near a tube station that could get me to King's Cross in the morning without too much fuss, and this hostel certainly fit the bill. I am not sure I would spend more than one night there, it fit the purpose of an intermediary between one thing and travelling to another.

Stayed here two nights, located in a sketchy part of London far away from the nearest metro station. London is an expensive city so the value was okay but that's about it. The place was dirty seemed like the owner/manager didn't care too much he was helpful and friendly but the place wasn't clean. Mice in the kitchen. On the counters, around the toaster just going around and no one seemed to notice except for me and my girlfriend. Showers were pretty gross also. Wouldn't stay here again.

• 22nd Apr 2015