Globe Trott Inns Reviews

1 Barking Road, London, London, England

The security is attrotious I work on a bar in the evenings so got home at about 3am on 2 nights and the front door was never locked 1 night there was a homeless man asleep in the corridor! I wasn't that upset by this as the doors to the bedrooms were locked and alarmed but on my last night I went into my room where there was and I am not exaggerating a psycho lady who began to scream at me forcing me to flee the room crying. They cannot just let people off the street stay it's so dangerous!

• 7th Sep 2014

OK for this price! I was not expecting more. Comfortable beds. Ear plugs recommended. Sufficient for those who do not mind spending a night in a simple hostel. What I did not like: some people are not tourists but actually live there!!!! Ex. "job seekers" We spent our night in 6-female dorm and one "job seeker" was actually bulling us, dominating the room, did not want to turn the light off and talked on the phone after 23h! Please do something with that!

The price of the hostel was very good, so if you do not expect too much it is fine. There were lockers (bring your own padlock!) so you could store your valuables in a safe place. The bathrooms were not super clean, but I guess that will often be the case if you share bathrooms with so many guests (wear flipflops). The beds were not really comfortable (very thin matrasses), but I can sleep almost anywhere. It is true that the hostel is relatively far away, but it didn't bother us too much.

ive been to a few over the years in london and unless you pay top dollar you dont get anything near this for the price

• 25th Aug 2014

The showers were attrocious and only one on each floor. Drains were blocked so it was pooling up. Oh and beware of the stairs.

• 22nd Aug 2014

have to pay for a towel, staff couldnt understand an english person, no help or reception on 24hours a day which ment when i had to leave early i left my id there in order to not miss my train! the rooms were not cleanned, the room i stayed in had no blinds/curtains and was an open window which has noise/light pollution coming through it as well as being cold.

Good place to be. good value for money and the staffs are extremely polite. will visit again !

• 20th Aug 2014

Had an absolutely fantastic time at Globe Trott. Having visited maaany London hostels, I can safely say this one has the best atmosphere; probably due to the staff (thanks everyone and to Maria and Cecilia: you are fantastic!) being so helpul and friendly, joining in with the fun and making it feel much more relaxed, sociable and safe (not like a few other hostels where suspicion and indifference are always on the quiet lurk :s) checking in again on 1st so see you guys soon!

I would say it is an OK hostel. However, keeping in mind the prices a good value for your money. Location is a bit far (in Zone 3 of London transportation zones) but easily accessible round the clock. Toilets need a bit more work but they worked for me. Please keep in mind it's a backpackers hostel so if you want luxury dun come to this place.

When I look the front door of the hostel I thought "Oh God, this doesn't promise and look good" but afterwards it turned out to be fine really. Staff is friendly and helpful. Bathrooms are fine. The beds, somebody was complaining about the comfortably. For me, bed was fine, no problem. In my room was little it noisy. The room faced the street. But overall, for the money paid, it totally paid off. About the area, it is 35 minutes by metro, far from the city center.

+ The rooms and bathrooms are cleaned every day. + For few pounds you can use the laundry + They also have two irons that you can use + FOR THIS PRICE the hostel is excellent! (One advice. If you are not used to the city noise bring earplugs).

professional, polite, friendly staff and everything was great. I will appreciate to go there back sometime when I will need to stay in London again.....

I loved the family feel of the hostel. In no time I felt like I knew everyone there (staff and customers) for years! Great time.

• 1st Aug 2014

A pretty good place to stay at. It was cheap, and even if it wasn't a palace it was a decent place and definitely worth the money I paid. The area was a bit noisy at night with a lot of sirens but you got used to it after one day. They had everything you could need for a really cheap visit to London. They even had a tesco near by and a cooking facility so you could eat really cheap as well. Extra points for good Wi-Fi !

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The only downside of this hostel was that in my room there wasn't any fan or air conditioning so it made it very hard to sleep during the hot days in London. Besides that, the location is great because its only a 5 minute walk to the subway station and the staff are very kind! My room also had its own bathroom which was great.

The receptionist was good, But the floor I was living on didn't have an available shower. Not very convenient

It's cheap place, so it's ok. But if you can pay more, in my opinione you should choose other place. Atmosfer was avarage, and quality of beds, liner is poor. People who work there are also guests, so they don't care of quality. It's far away from central london, so you will spend more time and money in underground than when you let a room in centre. The worst thing is inside fridge,looks and smells badly.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Poland

We were really disappointed to realize that the hostel doesn't accept guests under 18 (though we should have known by reading the documents on the website) So we had to leave after one night only. But the staff were rally nice to us, letting us stay one night.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

OK except for the last night where a very loud party with a bunch of South Americans went on until 5 a.m. with no staff present to tell them to stop. So I got no sleep at all and paid £15 for the privilege. Would kind of like my money back really. Oh and the toilet on the third floor blocked - really foul - and not mended for the whole weekend. Oh and a couple of the staff were really unfriendly. Apart from that - wonderful.

There are too few bathrooms.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5