Globe Trott Inns Reviews

1 Barking Road, London, London, England

I know when you stay in a shared room you aren't going to live in a paradise, but I didn't expect to live in a hell. It's understandable that everybody snores, it's understandable even that the room smells of rotten feet or the bathrooms are old with damp spots everywhere, but is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE that a man with a broken leg and bleeding sleeps there in my room, even in my bottom bunk. That made me puke. I left the hotel but they didn't return my money. I think I deserve an explanation.

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Spain

I wasnt given a pillow, or a room key and just told me to leave the door a little bit open when i went out of the room. Staff didn't really care. Felt dissapointed, unsafe and unwelcome. Especially as the hostel is in a really violent aream

• 20th Oct 2014

A hostel in a not so good location. I know that I should not judge the hostel over their location but just a reminder when you book this hostel for a cheap price: The transportation costs for the tube and busses are not cheap. So maybe it makes sense to book a more expensive hostel in downtown London which is in walking distance of all the sightseeing spots. Also the common room/kitchen is not so good. So in my case there was no good atmosphere.

Dirty, and no cookingstation, bathrooms are Dirty and everywhere is Mold

• 16th Oct 2014

Great place! The staff are so much fun and met some lovely people that I've stayed friends with! Good place to stay if you're young! Always something going on every night!

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

The staff were excellent. The wifi was lightning fast. The hostel is a bit run down and dirty, and the neighborhood felt dodgy at night, but it was cheap during the day. Also, Upton is 30 minutes by public transport from the closest famous sites (Tower Bridge, the Tower of London), and it is 45 minutes + from the Southbank and other more centrally located sites. If that bothers you, stay elsewhere. The hostel is priced about the same as others closer to the city, in better condition.

• 11th Oct 2014

Awful. Staff hardly even spoke when spoken to. Miles from city, but knew that going in. Couldn't get money back for key deposit because no one was ever in reception. Wifi rubbish. No blind on whole dorm so everyone woke up around 5am. "Kitchen" has no cutlery, crockery or cooktop. Absolutely no vibe in the hostel and no common area.

I understand that hostels aren't supposed to be palaces; we had stayed at 3 different hostels in the UK that week. However, we paid about the same price for other places that had much more decency. Bathrooms were filthy and the showers out of order. Also, on the door for the toilets was a picture of the female restroom logo in a stall with the male restroom logo peeking over the wall. How is that supposed to make anyone comfortable? They wouldn't refund us for the 2 nights we didn't stay either.

• 9th Oct 2014

A very nice hostal, I stayed in 3 other hostal near hyde park but I didn't like those, this one was the best one, the only incovenient was the distance from downtown but it´s a nice place if you manage your times to be at the main places on time

Smelly hostel, no lockers available during first night, "free towels" was hand towels (first night again), only 3 bathrooms available in the building for those who opted for dorm without bathroom, no area for socialising, no curtains in the dorm, old bunkbeds, bad neighbourhood.

• 2nd Oct 2014

It's depending on the cost 1st or the quality 1st. If you're looking for a cheap hostel just for a night sleep then globe trott inns is the best choice with a lowest cost. Don't expect the hostel to be a palace!

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

During my stay, I had no major issues, although when I extended my stay, to exactly the same room and in exactly the same bed they expected me to check out and check in again. Understandable if I was moving rooms or beds. But people were turned away for being English, others were being told they couldn't stay for the length of their booking as it was too long, even though there were others who had been there much longer. It seemed like the staff were picking and choosing who could stay.

I'm not one to complain about a hostel. A bed is all you can really expect. However, this one was pretty sketchy. There were no available lockers to lock up my valuables and the staff were hardly around to ask questions. The room was claustrophic and had no air flow. The doors are reinforced and it is safe from the street I suppose but I never felt okay. I left after one night and spent that evening in the airport without a refund. It was very expensive and the location is far for the price.

I booked for 7 nites and was not informed of any age restriction until I returned from the bank to pay..was then informed it was for 18-25 age only which was not spelled out on the web page..I was then informed that I could stay one nite..only to be told an hour later I could not..after complaining..it was after 4 in the afternoon i was permitted to stay one nitght..this was shabby treatment..and Globe Trott need s to state any age restrictions clearly..I am a retired senior who continues to

The hostel was very cheap, and it was ok for that price. The room i was staying in was very hot, and there wasnt much space for anyones bag. If you like to take your time in the bathroom, this is absolutely not a hostel for you! One bathroom for each floor, and my floor had 5 rooms with 8 bed in each. Imagine that in the morning! The staff is very friendly and nice and the athmosphere was nice and easygoing.

On a main road so very noisy. They should have mentioned that it was 'No over 35's' before I booked.

This hostel is really nice and the guys that are working here are super cool, friendly and very helpful. The other persons in here are quite friendly and they make you feel welcome and at home. You will sure meet a lot of new friends here.

• 16th Sep 2014

The wifi was secure, but there were not enough bathrooms for the volume of people that stay there. As advertised, there's only stairs, no lift. The hostel is fairly noisy, very dirty/dusty/smelly despite the once-a-day cleaning. The kitchen is fully stocked, but crowded since its the common room. Finding the entrance initially is weird (especially at night). The hostel's address is on the main road, but the entrance is around the corner, after the bar, underneath the hostel's sign.

one of the best hostels in London, easy to travel to Central London. Bank and Tesco are 2 min away, nice choice of cafes near by. Great stuff - attentive and helpfull, they let me leave my heavy luggage for some time after check out. Clean bathrooms, also felt very secure with locks

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Kazakhstan

This hostel is terrible, don't go there. The toilets doesn't work, the building is falling apart, there is only cold water in the showers. We arrived late at night and when we got to our room there was only one bed available, witch ment we had to split up. The staff was rude, had no understanding of us being tired and pissed at 2am. We had booked 4 nights, stayed there for less than 10 hours but still had to pay for all nights. It's hard to find and is far from the centre of town. DON'T GO HERE!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5