Globe Trott Inns Reviews

1 Barking Road, London, London, England

The advantages - a very helpful & friendly staff; it is very easy to reach & find this hostel; easy to meet other travelers; comfortable firm beds; clean sheets; the neighbourhood of East Ham is really very colorful and interesting to stay in. The drawbacks - mices do exist there (!), so just never leave anything remotely edible in your room; no chairs in rooms; no cooking facilities (no pots, no pan, no stove, no sharp knives, just a toaster & waffle iron); unclean carpets on the floor.

very untidy entrance. I almost turned back. the room was kind of ok but nothing exciting compared to other hostels in London. I won't return there except i am really desperate and there is nowhere else to go. even the staff were part of a vodka infused card game in the smallest common room i have ever seen. not nice.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We are currently in the process of brightening up our entrance, and the drinking games are held to build a friendly atmosphere with our guests. The staff who participate aren't on duty. We'll use your critique to further improve so that you can return and see how we've improved!

Not hard to find, just pretty unclean.

As always, my stay was awesome. definitely worth my money.

Thank you for writing a review for us. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to accomodating your next stay!

Very friendly and helpful staff. Many many thanks to them. 😊😊 Good value for money. 😊 Good atmosphere!!! Would definitely recommend when visiting London!

Very nice hostel, great location not too far from central London, awesome staff very helping, everything was cool and for the price you won't found a better place than this hostel.

Mudo's "tour" sucks. His first stop was the M&M store. Cause that is the most important thing in London: that's what I want to see first... He wouldn't tell us where we were going. I wouldn't have bothered waiting for the group if I had known where we were going, so I guess his tricky tactic worked. Til half the tour group ditched him. We had fun drinking the previous night, but I wouldn't recommend the tour.

The staff was super nice! There are several small restaurants around the area that are cheap and good. The location was awful since it was so far away from the center of London. We went during a strike on the metro so we were very unfortunate to use the bus from the city center that took us approximately an hour. The rooms are clean and the bathrooms are clean as well! Totally recommend for youngsters!

It's extremely dirty. The flooring in the bathrooms is peeling up, there's mold growing in the showers, only one bathroom per floor, the beds are fine, but there aren't big enough lockers to store your stuff. Two people had items stolen during my stay. the credit card machine wasn't working so i had to wander around to find an ATM before they would let me check in. The wifi was spastic and would only work in certain parts of the hostel. Otherwise, you only had one bar of service good staff tho

• 2nd Jul 2015

Very friendly staff. Was difficult to find, in fact, I walked straight past. Good transport links to central london. Very close to West Ham football club.

Nice and friendly staff. Pleasent atmosphere, thanks guys

Very nice clean, tidy, friendly, reasonably priced, close to metro. Good place to stay if you are looking for budget hostel accomodation and I will be staying again.

Not much of a review person but couldn't let my laziness deprive others of how good Globe trott- inns is. Cheap yet has a very good standard of service, clean and tidy, amazing staff and good location. I recommend Globe trott- inns to anyone who wants to have a proper good time and yet spend reasonably.

• 16th Jun 2015

The staff are what makes this place buzz. They are the main difference which made me stay here. I would not hesitate to recommend Globe Trott to anyone who wants a fun place to stay in London

Everything was how it should be. Thanks guys for a lovely stay

Amazing experience, The hostel is located at 1 minute walking distance from the Boleyn Pub. Members of the staff are super friendly, the hostel vibe was great. I wasn't expecting to have such an amazing experience in a hostel. I recommend anyone who is on a low budget this hostel, I have been in a lot of them in London, and I guarantee you no ones beat this one! Honestly Globetrott Inns, you rock! I'll definitely come back here next time I come to London! Pedou

• 14th Jun 2015

The room was alltogether nice, the eating room was clean and very well equipped, only bathrooms were a bit dingy, but still clean enough and usable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The second little drawback is the location - its at least 40 min travel to city center.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Poland

Excellent price, excellent staff and facilities . Recommend to any backpacker on a budget.

• 3rd Jun 2015

Staff were very unfriendly. The atmosphere was very depressing. Our room key stopped working one night and their were no staff around to help us get in so we were locked out.

• 29th May 2015

Reception unmanned between midnight and 8am. So noone was supervising during the night and stopping people running around the hall shouting and just generally being loud. Think this was mainly because my room was next to the lounge. Finally got quiet at 4am. (when the lounge closed?) but I was then woken up early due to the volume of the tv being blasted. Also, security seemed to be good, however I kept bumping into loud drunkards, possibly from the pub downstairs?

• 21st May 2015