Globe Trott Inns Reviews

1 Barking Road, London, London, England

Dirty, and no cookingstation, bathrooms are Dirty and everywhere is Mold

• 16th Oct 2014

The staff were excellent. The wifi was lightning fast. The hostel is a bit run down and dirty, and the neighborhood felt dodgy at night, but it was cheap during the day. Also, Upton is 30 minutes by public transport from the closest famous sites (Tower Bridge, the Tower of London), and it is 45 minutes + from the Southbank and other more centrally located sites. If that bothers you, stay elsewhere. The hostel is priced about the same as others closer to the city, in better condition.

• 11th Oct 2014

Awful. Staff hardly even spoke when spoken to. Miles from city, but knew that going in. Couldn't get money back for key deposit because no one was ever in reception. Wifi rubbish. No blind on whole dorm so everyone woke up around 5am. "Kitchen" has no cutlery, crockery or cooktop. Absolutely no vibe in the hostel and no common area.

I understand that hostels aren't supposed to be palaces; we had stayed at 3 different hostels in the UK that week. However, we paid about the same price for other places that had much more decency. Bathrooms were filthy and the showers out of order. Also, on the door for the toilets was a picture of the female restroom logo in a stall with the male restroom logo peeking over the wall. How is that supposed to make anyone comfortable? They wouldn't refund us for the 2 nights we didn't stay either.

• 9th Oct 2014

A very nice hostal, I stayed in 3 other hostal near hyde park but I didn't like those, this one was the best one, the only incovenient was the distance from downtown but it´s a nice place if you manage your times to be at the main places on time

Smelly hostel, no lockers available during first night, "free towels" was hand towels (first night again), only 3 bathrooms available in the building for those who opted for dorm without bathroom, no area for socialising, no curtains in the dorm, old bunkbeds, bad neighbourhood.

• 2nd Oct 2014

It's depending on the cost 1st or the quality 1st. If you're looking for a cheap hostel just for a night sleep then globe trott inns is the best choice with a lowest cost. Don't expect the hostel to be a palace!

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

I'm not one to complain about a hostel. A bed is all you can really expect. However, this one was pretty sketchy. There were no available lockers to lock up my valuables and the staff were hardly around to ask questions. The room was claustrophic and had no air flow. The doors are reinforced and it is safe from the street I suppose but I never felt okay. I left after one night and spent that evening in the airport without a refund. It was very expensive and the location is far for the price.

I booked for 7 nites and was not informed of any age restriction until I returned from the bank to pay..was then informed it was for 18-25 age only which was not spelled out on the web page..I was then informed that I could stay one nite..only to be told an hour later I could not..after complaining..it was after 4 in the afternoon i was permitted to stay one nitght..this was shabby treatment..and Globe Trott need s to state any age restrictions clearly..I am a retired senior who continues to

The hostel was very cheap, and it was ok for that price. The room i was staying in was very hot, and there wasnt much space for anyones bag. If you like to take your time in the bathroom, this is absolutely not a hostel for you! One bathroom for each floor, and my floor had 5 rooms with 8 bed in each. Imagine that in the morning! The staff is very friendly and nice and the athmosphere was nice and easygoing.

On a main road so very noisy. They should have mentioned that it was 'No over 35's' before I booked.

This hostel is really nice and the guys that are working here are super cool, friendly and very helpful. The other persons in here are quite friendly and they make you feel welcome and at home. You will sure meet a lot of new friends here.

• 16th Sep 2014

The wifi was secure, but there were not enough bathrooms for the volume of people that stay there. As advertised, there's only stairs, no lift. The hostel is fairly noisy, very dirty/dusty/smelly despite the once-a-day cleaning. The kitchen is fully stocked, but crowded since its the common room. Finding the entrance initially is weird (especially at night). The hostel's address is on the main road, but the entrance is around the corner, after the bar, underneath the hostel's sign.

one of the best hostels in London, easy to travel to Central London. Bank and Tesco are 2 min away, nice choice of cafes near by. Great stuff - attentive and helpfull, they let me leave my heavy luggage for some time after check out. Clean bathrooms, also felt very secure with locks

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Kazakhstan

This hostel is terrible, don't go there. The toilets doesn't work, the building is falling apart, there is only cold water in the showers. We arrived late at night and when we got to our room there was only one bed available, witch ment we had to split up. The staff was rude, had no understanding of us being tired and pissed at 2am. We had booked 4 nights, stayed there for less than 10 hours but still had to pay for all nights. It's hard to find and is far from the centre of town. DON'T GO HERE!

Ideal for East London locations, although the Barking Road is rather busy.

• 11th Sep 2014

Excellent atmosphere and the Staff very helpfull and friendly, will definitely stay again.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • luisenrod7597
  • Spain

A welcome place to stay. Thank you. The toilet and washroom accomodation did seem enough for the number of people staying but I got up early to avoid problems getting in the bathroom.

The security is attrotious I work on a bar in the evenings so got home at about 3am on 2 nights and the front door was never locked 1 night there was a homeless man asleep in the corridor! I wasn't that upset by this as the doors to the bedrooms were locked and alarmed but on my last night I went into my room where there was and I am not exaggerating a psycho lady who began to scream at me forcing me to flee the room crying. They cannot just let people off the street stay it's so dangerous!

• 7th Sep 2014

i was told it was payable by card arrived there and was refused but ended up getting the cash needed,otherwise not a clean place to stay,

• 6th Sep 2014