Globe Trott Inns Reviews

1 Barking Road, London, London, England

gog and ch

Definitely a good value for money. Downside is the toilets are almost always full, as there aren't enough of them. Also for some curious reason they don't let people leave shampoo and shower gel in the bathroom. A bit far from the center but close to the football stadium if you're into it.

• 30th Mar 2015

Poor WiFi signal on second floor, no coverage on third floor. Very few bathrooms. Hot water not available in bathrooms on second and third floor. Community area is small and becomes too crowded during evenings. No live TV in community area.

Good to crash for a day or two, if you just want to relax.

Not enough Toilets and bathrooms.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Philippines

WiFi in hostel has really very poor signal strength and speed.

Very very positively surprised after all negative reviews - good value for money, card key system (security!), big dorms with ensuite available. Super helpful staff and convenient location. Thumbs up!

Throughout my whole stay, I felt very uncomfortable in the hostel. Usually, I had to clean my teeth and wash my hands in a public toilet since the hostel does not provide enough bathrooms. The room was very dirty. During the first night I woke up from strange noises and found out later that a mouse frequents the room and gnawed away at some of my biscuits. Just imagine...

I tried to cancel the stay but they did not allow me to, because I allgedly cancelled too late. They just charged me for the whole stay and secretly - with a undefinable reference - emptied my credit card completely. I am very disappointed and the few days I stayed there - for which I had to pay, also they had already taken the money off my card - were very bad. It's in a poor location, very dirty, smelly and there are so few bathrooms that you cannot brush your teeth or clean your hands!

After reading previous unflattering reviews of this place, I decided to stay a night for kicks just to see how bad it really was. It exceeded my expectations in nearly every way which is why I would dub Globe Trott Inns the worst hostel in London. If you survive the walk, you'll find the staff to be blithe, condescending and barely able to speak English. The common room consists of a cluster of rickety park benches. You can expect to be kept up all night by slamming doors and squeaky beds.

Good place to stay for couple of days ... I had a blast

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Romania

Nice people and everything I need is here

The hostel is rather average, but no complaints exept the cleanliness. My room had a bad smell of dirty socks, and some rubish was left by the previous guests. I think, the hostel is preferrable for younger people than older tourists. Wifi is very nice.

Great value for little money

Excellent place. Very interesting mix of people travelling through. Throughly entertaining stay! Highly recommend

• 11th Jan 2015
  • Malta

Nice enough place, definitely value for money

Cheap for a reason. There are only four showers in the joint. One of which was broken through my entire two week stay. So you always have to wait for one and even then The hot water barely works. There are no cooking facilities except a microwave. 45minute train ride to the city. If you need somewhere cheap. Its ok but for a short stay get somewhere better closer to the city.

Great location and great people

• 31st Dec 2014

Good place clean and tidy... It's close everything... The staffs are very friendly and helpful..

Very good hostel for a couple days! Simple and ok.

« first « Prev 1 2 3