Globe Trott Inns Reviews

1 Barking Road, London, London, England

Nice place, with friendly people. Easy to find - and a nice breakfest cafe nearby :)

Have stayed there before and it was much cleaner than it is now.

• 1st Dec 2014

I love this hostel... Cheap - Young Peeps - Friendly Staff - Near to Tesco , Tube , Food - Have a Small Kitchen

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Indonesia

MY ONLY complaint (i'm not complaining!) is the shower facilities could do with an complete overhaul! If i compared to Palmers Lodge (Swiss Cottage) then the Globe Trott's showers, often have wet floors (no floor drains) are occupied (not enough showers) and are a bit tired looking. I know Palmers Lodge had a refit 1-2 years ago, and the new showers are so much better to use, they are bright, many more cubicles, more toilets, mirrors, better ventilation (less damp).

30 minutes to London city center on underground, is a nice and cheap place to sleep for a short trip to London, i would recommend it for sure, and i would go back next time.

The hostel is outside the city centre, but nicely reachable with tube and night buses, a taxi from city centre costs around 40£ tho, so plan your nights out accordingly. The area it is situated in doesn't seem like the nicest neighbourhood, but all the most important shops and food shops are close What you get really matches the price, so don't expect much for such a cheap stay. It does the job for a few nights but if you are a hypochondriac or a notorious clean person it's probably not for you.

it stinks. squeezed rooms. dirty everywhere. queue at the showers. lots of missing stuff. each service costs. crappy place. still want to go just because it's cheap?

Atrocious hostel. Avoid if you can. Not very clean, currently under partial construction with the crappiest workers imaginable. Incredibly disappointed to stay here. Would prefer to sleep on a bench in downtown than this piece of garbage. Will never ever consider Globe Trotts again.

The hostel is situated close to Upton Park tube station and if you take the district line in 30 minutes you'll be in the city center, but if you simply want to walk it will take a lot. The neighborhood is not so safe and it can be dangerous in the night. Clean room, friendly staff but i was a little dissapointed that in the hostel was no atmosphere (maybe a cause can be the fact that there are living a lot of imigrants that are looking for a job in London and not tourists).

I slept in a room with ensuit but if such was fully booked I wouldn't have stayed at Globt simple bcos I find sharing bathroom and toilets with men not nice at as a female. Also, the reason why I gave Staff average is that when I got there we were told to wait ten minutes before checking in, we arrived after 15:00, then we ended up waiting over an hour, no one updating us. Then when I finally checked in, I went upstairs and there was no bed linen. Had to go back downstairs and was told not ready

• 10th Nov 2014
  • South Africa

The old adage "you get what you pay for" applies to this place. While it is the cheapest hostel in London, you end up spending the same amount in Tube fare alone to get into central London. It is not in a very safe neighbourhood. The washrooms are disgusting with mould everywhere and the lockers are small and not guaranteed The only upside is free towels and the common room is decent enough. It is mostly a EU workers place rather than backpackers. I will not stay here again.

It was warm with plenty of hot water. Everyone there was friendly. All you want for the price!

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Wales

was at a conference at the Excel, it was really close and a fun place to stay

• 5th Nov 2014

Globe Trott Inns is one of only two budget hostels in London that I would stay in, and recommend. Over the course of my visits, I've witnessed a significant improvement in the standard of cleanliness, and the high speed internet means I could stay in bed all day and surf the web. Staff are always polite, welcoming and ready to help, and there is a general community atmosphere. I do wish there could be more power sockets in the rooms, but that's minor. Overall, I adore this little gem.

Hostel in a far neighborhood with a strange entrance, when I arrived there was a guy from the staff of the hostel passed out on the sidewalk (probably drunk or drugged) but no problem I've been the same way hahaha. Simple hostel good showers, kitchen and wi-fi. Close to a metro station. Staff seemed very friendly.

I love love LOVE this hostel! It's fantastic value for money, clean enough, incredibly comfortable, lovely staff, great location, excellent facilities, fun yet relaxing atmosphere...LOVE IT!

Very hard to find the hostel. Could not find it our first night because it is not actually on the road it says it's on, the sign is small, and the entrance is hidden. Very few bathrooms for the number of people staying there.

• 31st Oct 2014

I know when you stay in a shared room you aren't going to live in a paradise, but I didn't expect to live in a hell. It's understandable that everybody snores, it's understandable even that the room smells of rotten feet or the bathrooms are old with damp spots everywhere, but is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE that a man with a broken leg and bleeding sleeps there in my room, even in my bottom bunk. That made me puke. I left the hotel but they didn't return my money. I think I deserve an explanation.

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Look where the location is before you stay here. It was perfect for me traveling to the Excel center but it is quite far out. It was a bit expensive for what it is but I would imagine this was because its so close to ComicCon. I will probably stay again in May when I come back.

• 24th Oct 2014

I wasnt given a pillow, or a room key and just told me to leave the door a little bit open when i went out of the room. Staff didn't really care. Felt dissapointed, unsafe and unwelcome. Especially as the hostel is in a really violent aream

• 20th Oct 2014