Globe Trott Inns Reviews

1 Barking Road, London, London, England

It's a back-packer hostel, so don't expect a palace. Friendly staff, comfortable beds. My only complaint is the lack of shower-rooms as often in the morning there are queues to use showers. 20-30 mins wait is not fun. Often it's women in there for 20 mins at a a time. Just an observation, that they take longer times.

Ok so I stayed here as I had some work on just down the road at the excell. I had a great few nights stay. No problems with the room other than the fact there were no curtains. The only problem is in the common room. Mice!! Loads of them and they've got balls too just popping out all the time. That's no problem though if you actually saw any traps but there seems to be no effort at all to get rid of them and I can't understand why that would be?

• 12th May 2015

In general was good but I think It could be better, about the clean. The hostel needs more lockers and also cleaning habbits, specially in the kitchen. The personal was so nice and friendly.

• 7th May 2015
  • Mexico

The hostel is full of mice. But worse it's full of drunks and drug addicts. There should be better monitoring of people to look after the customers.

The hostel is dirty we saw mice twice in the kitchen once on the floor and the second time on the kitchen counters with the plates and cups. The mice were living peacefully in the kitchen along with the travellers.

• 3rd May 2015

I went to London to see West Ham United play, so for that the hostel was perfect. It is right in the East End just down from the grounds. Other than that, this is not the place to stay if you are going on a regular trip to London. The place is significantly outside city center and there is not much to do in the East End. It's in need of renovations and for the same price I have stayed in much nicer hostels (though not in London because London is a very expensive city).

Curtains in the room would be awesome, as well as a gas or electric cooker in the kitchen (or say on the website that there is no cooking opportunity in the kitchen).

• 29th Apr 2015

All I needed was one night, nearish the Excel and definitely near a tube station that could get me to King's Cross in the morning without too much fuss, and this hostel certainly fit the bill. I am not sure I would spend more than one night there, it fit the purpose of an intermediary between one thing and travelling to another.

Stayed here two nights, located in a sketchy part of London far away from the nearest metro station. London is an expensive city so the value was okay but that's about it. The place was dirty seemed like the owner/manager didn't care too much he was helpful and friendly but the place wasn't clean. Mice in the kitchen. On the counters, around the toaster just going around and no one seemed to notice except for me and my girlfriend. Showers were pretty gross also. Wouldn't stay here again.

• 22nd Apr 2015

The rooms were smelly, and dirty. The staff was arrogant, location is bad. Management in general is bad.

I have had a wonderful time at this hostel a special thanks to the staff Nasser, Tim, John, Paulo, and the housekeeping ladies. Lovely clean beds, hot showers, and friendly guests, and a reasonably priced hostel.

gog and ch

Definitely a good value for money. Downside is the toilets are almost always full, as there aren't enough of them. Also for some curious reason they don't let people leave shampoo and shower gel in the bathroom. A bit far from the center but close to the football stadium if you're into it.

• 30th Mar 2015

Poor WiFi signal on second floor, no coverage on third floor. Very few bathrooms. Hot water not available in bathrooms on second and third floor. Community area is small and becomes too crowded during evenings. No live TV in community area.

Good to crash for a day or two, if you just want to relax.

Not enough Toilets and bathrooms.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Philippines

WiFi in hostel has really very poor signal strength and speed.

Very very positively surprised after all negative reviews - good value for money, card key system (security!), big dorms with ensuite available. Super helpful staff and convenient location. Thumbs up!

Throughout my whole stay, I felt very uncomfortable in the hostel. Usually, I had to clean my teeth and wash my hands in a public toilet since the hostel does not provide enough bathrooms. The room was very dirty. During the first night I woke up from strange noises and found out later that a mouse frequents the room and gnawed away at some of my biscuits. Just imagine...

Nothing special, but nice clean hostel