Globe Trott Inns Reviews

1 Barking Road, London, London, England

Brilliant.

Star. Thanks for the review.

I really enjoyed my stay at Globe Trott. The staff were awesome and helpful. The rooms were clean and I met lots of really fun people hanging out in the common room :)

• 5th May 2014

It's dirty and just not nice, definitely not redommended! They give you a free beer for a good recommendation, that's how it works. We paid very much money for staying there, i want my money back^^

• 2nd May 2014

Hello. £35 for two people is not expensive on a bank holiday in London my friend and very cheap actually. We do not give free beer for recommendations, just wanting you to have a good time. Maybe a pint of British bitter would have suited you better! Take care and we hope you give us a second chance someday.

Nice people and environment. The neighborhood residents were friendly too! Bank nearby. Postman friendly. Ladies' room ensuite bathroom and shower - priceless!! Very clean, up to date, hot water. Clean linen. Yaay!

Hello Candace and thank you for the review. Be careful of the postman around here, they are all charmers just like Max on reception. Bye

Alll around the place was pretty secure ad low-key on the inside. I will/am staying there again. I definitely felt safe inside, which was important as a solo traveler, but the staff wasn't very good.

Wow, very uncommon that staff don't get top marks but we are very glad that you felt safe here. I look forward to seeing you again and giving us a second chance. See you soon.

Terrible experience. Many people were living here long term so it had weird vibes...I booked a room and had to wait an hour for it to change because the person to be checked out was living there and would not move. Seemed like people were staying there for free or sleeping on the couches in the lounge when I was being charged super high rates (30 pounds and 50 pounds for dorm rooms). Terrible sleep due to mattresses where you could feel every spring. Staff was drinking while working every night.

Hello. We are very, very sorry to read that you had a poor experience here. Less than 10% of the people staying here now are actually long term backpackers. You may have felt it was more because you were in a long term dorm. It was a Bank Holiday weekend and why the rates were high, but still below average for London my friend and why you extended your stay with us. Staff do not drink while working. We would love for you to give us a second try someday and we hope you do. Take care.

At first I tried to justify the quality of this place via the price I paid. It was cheap and there was a roof over my head so I was fine but as far as information for anyone else I wouldn't recommend it! The roof in the bathroom is rotting away and therefor leaking from the bathroom above. The kitchen is very small and the set up in the common area is small and not very social. The room I stayed in had one plug shared with 8 people. The room smelled due to poor ventilation.

Hi Haileigh. Thank you for the review. Sorry about the bathroom ceiling, we had a leak and it has now be prepared with a lovely new ceiling. All rooms have a minimum of 4 power sockets; just some are a bit hidden behind bunks. Our rooms are clean and all have big windows that can be opened for ventilation so I’m going to presume it was a fellow guest you smelt. Take care

Seriously need to have a good clean up!! There were cleaning rosters ticked off in the bathrooms but still pubic hairs all over the floors :/ yuck! The kitchen was tiny and an absolute mess. Didn't have the best sleep because I springs from the mattress sticking into me. The best part of my stay was the good wifi connection and the friendly ozzy receptionist.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Hello and thank you for the reveiew. A busy hostel can get a little bit dirty at times, but we will work harder and get the place looking brand new. I hope you noticed the work we are doing to improve the place while here. You did book a second night with us, so I'm guessing you must have liked the hostel or was it just for Max ;)

The place was very dirty and smelled moist since the entrance. The staff was very friendly, maybe too much to act as true host sometimes. The kitchen is too small to welcome all the guest so, that is very hard to find space to cook or eat. The windows were impossible to shut. If compaired to other hostel we stayed in London, the value for money of the others was much better because we had to pay for everything, the breakfast and even the luggage room....

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We have noted all of your minor complaints and we will improve the hostel. Our price list is advertised before you book and all of our charges are of an excellent value. Once you have travelled more you will soon realise this. Take care.

Nice stay overall, relaxed atmosphere and respectful fellow guests while I was there.

Hello and thank you for the review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay

This hotel is bad, they don'T clean propertly rooms.

• 16th Apr 2014

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review, however on this occasion I will have to strongly disagree with what you state. Our dorms are cleaned daily. I understand you checked out early and informed staff that you would write a negative review unless you received a refund. Normally we would as we understand people change their travel plans, but unfortunately you made a silly threat without explaining why you wanted a refund and my team decided to decline your request. Take care

Not very bad for that price

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Lithuania

Thank you for the review. We are glad you found us good value.

the bathroom and kitchen were dirty. not enough bathrooms, on top of that one was broken

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very sorry to read that you found our facilities dirty. We will work hard to improve this. Take care

This was my first Hostel EVER, and I thought it was great. Only complaints are minor like the third floor bathroom not working properly (they fixed it really quickly, but the toilet didn't flush properly again soon after) and the beds are a bit springy. Again, all those are minor complaints and they're overshadowed by the great staff (so friendly!), great atmosphere, and the security. I never felt unsafe, and there are cameras everywhere (not IN the rooms) which adds to the feeling of security.

• 15th Apr 2014

very nice staff and very sociable people living there .

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Mali

Hello and thank you giving us 100%! We are glad you enjoyed your time here and we hope to see you again

The hostel is kind of out of the way, but its not too difficult to navigate once you figure it out. The hostel was hard to find, but once I got to the right area the receptionist actually came outside and walked me in to the hostel. It was undergoing some remodeling at the time so everything was kind of scattered around.

A nice hostel wich tries to fullfill the needs of a backpacker. Dont forget the padlock if you want to store your stuff, otherwise this costs 3 Pounds. Unfortunately I had no chance to try the breakfast wich is from 8:30-10:00, since i had to get up early. The walls are a bit thin so that on the weekend I could hear the people partying in the kitchen until late at night, which was just under our room. However, I really liked this hostel - it has a great atmosphere and a good value for money. :-)

Hello and thank you for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed your time here and we hope to see you again

Pretty far away from central London but close to a tube stop. I really liked the atmosphere of this place, there were a lot of people around and it was really laid back.

This is probably the cheapest hostel in London. It's one of the dirtiest buildings I've stayed in. They are, however, in the process of some much needed renovations. The majority of the people who stay there are there long term. There are postings that say two weeks max, but some people have been there for months. Most are friendly, but it's not the same hostel atmosphere. Feels more like a boarding house. The neighborhood isn't great, and it's far from the city center. You get what you pay for.

Hello and thank you for the review. Our hostel is cleaned twice a day, long termers are the minority (less than 20%) and are all backpackers and a very friendly bunch. We hope our location didn’t spoil your stay with us too much but 35 minutes from here to Big Ben is good for London. Enjoy the rest of your travels and we hope to see you again someday.

Broadband was very slow, sometimes hadn't hot water when we had shower. Too far from the centre but very cheep hostel. Kitchen and community spaces very small one. Stairs and corridors are very narrow so it happens any emergency situation will be huge trouble.

Hello. Sorry about the slow internet during your stay, we had a faulty router that has now been replaced. The hostel is very safe and passes all fire regulations. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. Take care.