Globe Trott Inns Reviews

1 Barking Road, London, London, England

The hostel was quite worn out and the area made me a bit insecure especially walking alone in the evening and because the walk from the underground station to the hostel was about 10 minutes or so. There were lockers for valuables on the second floor, but not in the rooms. The room was quite full crammed with the beds and there wasn't a lot of extra space. The hostel was ca a 30 minute ride from Victoria station by underground. The staff was nice.

Not one of the flashiest places I've stayed at but the atmosphere and the staff defiantly make up for anything that it may be lacking! and the view from the roof!! is just amazing!! i will defiantly be back if the need a hostel to stay at again!

No free parking .. Super lazy

We actually do have free parking, all around the hostel. I am very sorry that 'Super Lazy' did not inform you of this. His forehead is very big so we decided to move him on. Thanks for the review and we hope it did not spoil your stay too much.

I loved Globe Trotts solely because of the staff. Everything else was kind of not pleasant but the staff and the other hostel-mates were the best! It was in uptown Park, which is a sketch area, but I really found people to be friendly there. The rooms can get really cheap so if cheap is where you're aiming for, this might be it.

The bathroom situation is frustrating. Also the bathroom on the second floor needs lighting. The kitchen is too cramped and the breakfast ran out super early. The staff were helpful but more information about London would be great. Having maps available etc. Cleanliness could be greatly improved, there were flies everywhere.

Definitely worth the price, it's a cheap hostel for a not so bad place, even staying in a room for 10 people. It's clean, the location is not bad, zone 3 in London with subway is ok. Staff were nice and happy. Two things: maybe it needs more bathroom for the number of rooms, is a little crowded in the morning. And, it has to be a better way to organize the kitchen, maybe put some cabinets or something. If you're a looking for a cheap place, for sure recommend.

The hostel wasn't so bad it was the location. Its was extremely loud all night the whole time due to sirens going off and shouting at all hours. Don't expect to get a good nights sleep.

• 19th Jun 2014

Not so clean but very cheap, a little far from the most important places of London (except Olympic village and city airport). There's a nice pub very close to this hostel. Ideal for very-low-cost journeys

Probably not worth 100% but it's the only place in London (and I've been in a few cause I wanted some work there) that can properly put the name "hostel". To the owner, I'd recommend a bigger common area and smaller TV (doesn't make for good atmosphere I reckon) and a reception closer to that common room, though staff were quite nice so it makes up for it. Definitely my crashing place in London anyways for next times. Oh and sunsets views are pretty awesome too.

I would recommend this hostel for people who wanna party every night because I had all 7 sleepless nights. There are no rules in this hostel. The shower didn't work properly, water stopped running during showering. Stairs are very narrow so you can hardly move with your luggage.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Lithuania

Only one shower per floor, which has probably 20-30 guests on it. Makes for a long wait in the morning and not good if you're on a time limit. Comfortable beds and clean. Can only pay in cash but a credit card was given to book the room in advance- just makes me nervous about getting double charged. There wasn't anything to do in the area and lots of fights happening outside at night, but fairly close to the underground.

• 16th Jun 2014

Cool hostel and good value. Some of the 'long-term' guests had gotten a little out of hand and seemed to try to dominate the common areas. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Sorry to read about some of our guests. We don't have any long term guest’s stay here anymore, but I am aware of who you are speaking about and if you were to return to the hostel again you will notice that they are no longer here. We hope it didn’t spoil your stay too much.

Its not a hostel, is a residence where the vast majority live there. This creates problems and fights among the guests, which we have disgust. You do not have spaces for relax, only the kitchen, which is quite precarious. They didnt wanted to accept credit cards (on Hostelworld said it did), we could finally pay. Housekeeping is 1 time per day, which is not so much for the amount of people there. So be carefull and make your own conclusions...

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

We are a hostel, a proper backapckers. The people you are speaking about are the staff, eight live on site. We are a 106 bed hostel. The fight you mention was between guests who are no longer here, sorry about that. Blame Holland beating Spain 5-1! Yes housekeeping in our dorms is once a day just like a hotel. But toilets, shower and common areas are twice a day and checked every two hours in between. You can relax on our roof top area, several other snugs within the hostel & the bar downstair.

the diamond is"nt retreating

• 11th Jun 2014

Thats great news, brilliant! Thanks for the review and we look forward to seeing you again!

Was great value for money. Good atmosphere too

• 9th Jun 2014

Hello and thank you for the review. Its really appreciated! Take care and we hope to see you again.

There was no air conditioning in our dorm, so it was really hot and inpossible to sleep.

Hello and thank you for the review. Your stay was during unusually high temperatures for England and you would not normally find air conditioning in a hostel in the UK. We hope your stay was not spoiled too much by the heat. However your comments have been noted and we will invest in some fans if the weather gets crazy again! Take care

The hostel was far from the city, so tickets for public transport were more expensive. Yet, it was in an area with cheap takeaway food and lots of supermarkets. Staff were extremely helpful and really cool. They had made a mistake with our booking, we didn't have a place to stay for the night as a result, but they offered the rest of our nights for free because of this mishap. The atmosphere was really good and made a few friends out of this experience. Good place to stay to stay budget!

Hello and thank you for the review. Transport is expensive in London if you do not purchase a Visitor Oyster Card. We strongly recommend that everyone visiting London buy one immediately when they arrive. Again we are very sorry about the first night, I hope the refund made up for the expensive travel costs! Take care and we hope to see you again sometime

Very friendly staff and the atmospher of the hostel was very friendly.

Cheers pal for the great review! Thanks.

Four dirty bathrooms to the dozens of people in the hostel was not okay with me.

• 29th May 2014

Points noted about our bathrooms. We just wish you told us about your issue during your seven night stay with us! I personally asked you several times as I could tell something was up. We do have en-suite rooms and we would have upgraded you. We have more cleaners on board and all bathrooms are currently being painted and look brand new again. Take care

Did the job for me personally. Nice cheap and great amenities. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

• 28th May 2014

Hello and thanks for the great review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay.