Globe Trott Inns Reviews

1 Barking Road, London, London, England

This is a nice enough hostel, nothing wrong with anything, a bit out of the way (it's in East London) but with nice people and good public transit connections.

I liked my stay at the hostel, and so did my cousin. My only problem was the cleanliness of the hostel - that should be improved. Otherwise, everything was all right, and I might stay there again if I get to London another time :)

• 25th Aug 2013
  • Hungary

Hello, apologies about our cleanliness. We were just going through a small transition phase with new staff but we are back to our normal high standards now. We hope to see you again and enjoy your travels

I think it will be a good place for exploring east London.

Hello. Thanks for your great review and for giving staff the highest rating possible, it’s really appreciated. Take care.

While I was there they where doing some updates and cleaning the lounge so beside that everything was good!

• 18th Aug 2013

A lot was under construction while I was there, so the common room wasn't always available and only a few bathrooms worked.

Hello and sorry about the urgent minor repairs that we had to do during your stay. All work is now complete and we hope it didn't spoil your stay with us too much.

Yeah, this place is totally value for money. It may not be the closest to "central" London, but it makes up for that with creating a pretty cool place to hang out, meet and party with other travellers.

Cheap, clean, excellent breakfast, very fast WiFi, this hostel ticked all the boxes for me. But what made it really stand out was the excellent atmosphere here. It was a very friendly hostel and a lot of people were extending their stay. See you all again someday

• 13th Aug 2013

When I stayed here they were in the process of doing some renovations, which didn't have a negative impact on my stay, but I imagine it will be even better once the updates are completed.

They have to improve their cleaning! The staff is excelent and value for money is ok, a bed an a shower.. An excelent stay room with tv and sofas with a very complete kitchen. A very good atmosphere!

• 12th Aug 2013
  • Argentina

Good hostel! I will use it again.

Dirty! Cockroaches in the kitchen. Terrible smell from fridges. The location is really out of nowhere, what's more the area seems to be really dangerous, you can hear police siren every few minutes.

The hostel is very good, they offer something for breakfast and there is always coffee and tea to take all day. We got the six bed mixed room and it was very comfortable, The only thing is that they don't have enough dishes so you have to wait a bit to use a cup. They solve the problems faster and the Staff is very kind. It is in the zone 3 and so is not very far from the touristic attractions. It is totally a backpackers hostel so there is always people from all over the world.

Thanks for all, thank you Sebastian ! Hope you'll continue in this way ! Yannick

• 24th Jul 2013

A number of people(staff and long-term guests) would hang around on the roof like smoking, drinking and having a trip. The showers have different kind of problems like semi-blocked, half-closed screen door...etc. The hostel is right next to a busy road and there will be an ambulance every hour. The hostel is cheap with continued wifi(if you find a good spot) and a locker with your own lock.

It would have been a lot better if the windows had curtains and if they were made from a thicker glass. We might as well have been sleeping on the pavement itself. The mattresses were awful and I had to sleep on my duvet and then got cold. Also it was weird how we had to make our own beds..... However, the hostel had a very friendly environment and the staff were really nice. It was so cheap and I would recommend it if you're looking for a cheap place to rest your head overnight.

The Globes Trott Inn was a great way to see the real urban London. It was great to have a friendly staff give you tips on locations to go in the city and around Upton. Being above a Pub was also a great asset to the Inn. Great stay for a great price.

• 8th Jul 2013

Old inside, things were broken

• 2nd Jul 2013

Very good... perfect... i will miss that hostel, better is impossible. I recomend.

• 2nd Jul 2013

This hostel was in a great location in East London with a 5 min walk to the Upton Park Underground, getting around London was a breeze. There are plenty of fast food restaurants around and supermarket just down Barking Rd, so eating cheaply was a cinch. The staff consisted of people who were friendly, helpful, and sociable. I spent a lot of my time with the staff and fellow backpackers hanging out in the near by parks and other fun sites and places in London. Cleaning was daily and supreme. A+++

• 29th Jun 2013

Great place, only downsides were the lockers seemed a little small, so I just kept my stuff in my room instead. The location means you have to travel a little longer to get to central london, but the travelcard cost is basically the same. And the shops here are cheap :).The staff are helpful and there's a great atmosphere, if you want to chat or make friends it is more than easy to do so.

• 27th Jun 2013