Globe Trott Inns Reviews

1 Barking Road, London, London, England

Did the job for me personally. Nice cheap and great amenities. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

• 28th May 2014

Hello and thanks for the great review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Globe Trotts is such a great place. Chilled during the day then goes mad at night! It's really clean and the staff very nice.

• 22nd May 2014

Mad at night? Well sometimes :) We hope to see you again and thanks for the great review.

This was my first experience in a hostel and I enjoyed it. I stayed in an all - female ensuite dorm which was really nice.

• 22nd May 2014

Thank you for the review. Very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay.

Great place Showers could use a little bit of maintenance but they are working on this and they whole place looks good. The lounge was very social and the bar below was a bit crazy! Anyways, had a great time, would go back :)

• 22nd May 2014

Yay more happy people! Brilliant, we are very happy you had good time. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

I stayed at the Globe Trotts for 3 nights and had a great time. The hostel staff are super friendly and helpful and gave us tips for fun things to do. The location is okay with easy access to tube and multiple bus lines. They do weekly events and I went on a trip to Hyde park which was fun!

• 22nd May 2014

Thanks for the excellent review! We hope to see you again someday

Was good value for money. Needs to be more maintenance done on toilets etc... But overall was a good couple of nights.

• 21st May 2014

Points noted about our tolilets and it is something we are currently working on to improve. Take care

Females and Males use same toilet and this is not on... You get up to use the toilet as a female and the toilet seat is wet or up, and every time you want to use the toilet you have to do cleaning first. Sharing shower with men is not normal, and I don't know if this Hostel had no other option but to mix everyone together in showers and toilets. The toilet and shower can be really dirty, for my whole stay I could hardly score a trip to the shower and find the bathroom clean.

Unfortunately, the only thing I didn't like about my trip to London. It is located in a not very safe area of London, but not far from a tube station, so that was ok. The worst part was the inside: very dirty, the rooms had a disgusting carpet, the linen was dirty, the kitchen was even worse. The room was way too small for 10 people, and there were no courtains or any other mean of blocking the light, so it was impossible to sleep after 6am. Also, no way your luggage is gonna fit in the lockers!

Most London hostels are a bit on the dive side. This one is no exception. However, between the staff and atmosphere it is a great place and is an excellent value for the money. And lovely brand new mattresses!

• 16th May 2014

Hello and thank you for the great review Adam. Glad that you had a good time here. Take care and we hope to see you again someday.

They have good security and friendly staff, but the location is terrible. The staff didn't have much info on any tours and directed us to google. It's in a sketchy part of London and it's a long ways away from the city center. The place is relatively clean, but it was nearly impossible for a hot shower. It would either be ice cold and as soon as the water was warm enough it would only be a minute before turning cold again. It wasn't worth the money at all.

One of the scariest nights of our lives! The hostel was gross and the guests were dirty and sketchy. It seemed like the guests live in the hostel. There were no curtains on the windows, and the building was so hot the windows needed to be opened all night. This became a large problem because the area was so bad that police sirens ran constantly all night. The bathroom did not have lights in it, nor did it have a finished ceiling. The main lounge had dirty dishes and broken couches.

Come on pal, this review is ridiculous. You were here for only one night, checked in at 8pm and gone before 6am. "We are budget backpackers suitable for the laid back non fussy traveller.” I'm guessing you didn't read this in our description before booking. The couches have now been replaced with nice new benches. Enjoy the rest of your travels, and we hope you give us a second chance someday. I'm certain after you get more travel experience you'll come to appreciate what we do here.

Brilliant.

Star. Thanks for the review.

I really enjoyed my stay at Globe Trott. The staff were awesome and helpful. The rooms were clean and I met lots of really fun people hanging out in the common room :)

• 5th May 2014

It's dirty and just not nice, definitely not redommended! They give you a free beer for a good recommendation, that's how it works. We paid very much money for staying there, i want my money back^^

• 2nd May 2014

Hello. £35 for two people is not expensive on a bank holiday in London my friend and very cheap actually. We do not give free beer for recommendations, just wanting you to have a good time. Maybe a pint of British bitter would have suited you better! Take care and we hope you give us a second chance someday.

Nice people and environment. The neighborhood residents were friendly too! Bank nearby. Postman friendly. Ladies' room ensuite bathroom and shower - priceless!! Very clean, up to date, hot water. Clean linen. Yaay!

Hello Candace and thank you for the review. Be careful of the postman around here, they are all charmers just like Max on reception. Bye

Alll around the place was pretty secure ad low-key on the inside. I will/am staying there again. I definitely felt safe inside, which was important as a solo traveler, but the staff wasn't very good.

Wow, very uncommon that staff don't get top marks but we are very glad that you felt safe here. I look forward to seeing you again and giving us a second chance. See you soon.

Terrible experience. Many people were living here long term so it had weird vibes...I booked a room and had to wait an hour for it to change because the person to be checked out was living there and would not move. Seemed like people were staying there for free or sleeping on the couches in the lounge when I was being charged super high rates (30 pounds and 50 pounds for dorm rooms). Terrible sleep due to mattresses where you could feel every spring. Staff was drinking while working every night.

Hello. We are very, very sorry to read that you had a poor experience here. Less than 10% of the people staying here now are actually long term backpackers. You may have felt it was more because you were in a long term dorm. It was a Bank Holiday weekend and why the rates were high, but still below average for London my friend and why you extended your stay with us. Staff do not drink while working. We would love for you to give us a second try someday and we hope you do. Take care.

At first I tried to justify the quality of this place via the price I paid. It was cheap and there was a roof over my head so I was fine but as far as information for anyone else I wouldn't recommend it! The roof in the bathroom is rotting away and therefor leaking from the bathroom above. The kitchen is very small and the set up in the common area is small and not very social. The room I stayed in had one plug shared with 8 people. The room smelled due to poor ventilation.

Hi Haileigh. Thank you for the review. Sorry about the bathroom ceiling, we had a leak and it has now be prepared with a lovely new ceiling. All rooms have a minimum of 4 power sockets; just some are a bit hidden behind bunks. Our rooms are clean and all have big windows that can be opened for ventilation so I’m going to presume it was a fellow guest you smelt. Take care

Seriously need to have a good clean up!! There were cleaning rosters ticked off in the bathrooms but still pubic hairs all over the floors :/ yuck! The kitchen was tiny and an absolute mess. Didn't have the best sleep because I springs from the mattress sticking into me. The best part of my stay was the good wifi connection and the friendly ozzy receptionist.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Hello and thank you for the reveiew. A busy hostel can get a little bit dirty at times, but we will work harder and get the place looking brand new. I hope you noticed the work we are doing to improve the place while here. You did book a second night with us, so I'm guessing you must have liked the hostel or was it just for Max ;)

The place was very dirty and smelled moist since the entrance. The staff was very friendly, maybe too much to act as true host sometimes. The kitchen is too small to welcome all the guest so, that is very hard to find space to cook or eat. The windows were impossible to shut. If compaired to other hostel we stayed in London, the value for money of the others was much better because we had to pay for everything, the breakfast and even the luggage room....

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We have noted all of your minor complaints and we will improve the hostel. Our price list is advertised before you book and all of our charges are of an excellent value. Once you have travelled more you will soon realise this. Take care.