Globe Trott Inns Reviews

1 Barking Road, London, London, England

There was no air conditioning in our dorm, so it was really hot and inpossible to sleep.

Hello and thank you for the review. Your stay was during unusually high temperatures for England and you would not normally find air conditioning in a hostel in the UK. We hope your stay was not spoiled too much by the heat. However your comments have been noted and we will invest in some fans if the weather gets crazy again! Take care

The hostel was far from the city, so tickets for public transport were more expensive. Yet, it was in an area with cheap takeaway food and lots of supermarkets. Staff were extremely helpful and really cool. They had made a mistake with our booking, we didn't have a place to stay for the night as a result, but they offered the rest of our nights for free because of this mishap. The atmosphere was really good and made a few friends out of this experience. Good place to stay to stay budget!

Hello and thank you for the review. Transport is expensive in London if you do not purchase a Visitor Oyster Card. We strongly recommend that everyone visiting London buy one immediately when they arrive. Again we are very sorry about the first night, I hope the refund made up for the expensive travel costs! Take care and we hope to see you again sometime

Very friendly staff and the atmospher of the hostel was very friendly.

Cheers pal for the great review! Thanks.

Four dirty bathrooms to the dozens of people in the hostel was not okay with me.

• 29th May 2014

Points noted about our bathrooms. We just wish you told us about your issue during your seven night stay with us! I personally asked you several times as I could tell something was up. We do have en-suite rooms and we would have upgraded you. We have more cleaners on board and all bathrooms are currently being painted and look brand new again. Take care

Did the job for me personally. Nice cheap and great amenities. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

• 28th May 2014

Hello and thanks for the great review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Globe Trotts is such a great place. Chilled during the day then goes mad at night! It's really clean and the staff very nice.

• 22nd May 2014

Mad at night? Well sometimes :) We hope to see you again and thanks for the great review.

This was my first experience in a hostel and I enjoyed it. I stayed in an all - female ensuite dorm which was really nice.

• 22nd May 2014

Thank you for the review. Very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay.

Great place Showers could use a little bit of maintenance but they are working on this and they whole place looks good. The lounge was very social and the bar below was a bit crazy! Anyways, had a great time, would go back :)

• 22nd May 2014

Yay more happy people! Brilliant, we are very happy you had good time. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

I stayed at the Globe Trotts for 3 nights and had a great time. The hostel staff are super friendly and helpful and gave us tips for fun things to do. The location is okay with easy access to tube and multiple bus lines. They do weekly events and I went on a trip to Hyde park which was fun!

• 22nd May 2014

Thanks for the excellent review! We hope to see you again someday

Was good value for money. Needs to be more maintenance done on toilets etc... But overall was a good couple of nights.

• 21st May 2014

Points noted about our tolilets and it is something we are currently working on to improve. Take care

Females and Males use same toilet and this is not on... You get up to use the toilet as a female and the toilet seat is wet or up, and every time you want to use the toilet you have to do cleaning first. Sharing shower with men is not normal, and I don't know if this Hostel had no other option but to mix everyone together in showers and toilets. The toilet and shower can be really dirty, for my whole stay I could hardly score a trip to the shower and find the bathroom clean.

Unfortunately, the only thing I didn't like about my trip to London. It is located in a not very safe area of London, but not far from a tube station, so that was ok. The worst part was the inside: very dirty, the rooms had a disgusting carpet, the linen was dirty, the kitchen was even worse. The room was way too small for 10 people, and there were no courtains or any other mean of blocking the light, so it was impossible to sleep after 6am. Also, no way your luggage is gonna fit in the lockers!

Most London hostels are a bit on the dive side. This one is no exception. However, between the staff and atmosphere it is a great place and is an excellent value for the money. And lovely brand new mattresses!

• 16th May 2014

Hello and thank you for the great review Adam. Glad that you had a good time here. Take care and we hope to see you again someday.

They have good security and friendly staff, but the location is terrible. The staff didn't have much info on any tours and directed us to google. It's in a sketchy part of London and it's a long ways away from the city center. The place is relatively clean, but it was nearly impossible for a hot shower. It would either be ice cold and as soon as the water was warm enough it would only be a minute before turning cold again. It wasn't worth the money at all.

One of the scariest nights of our lives! The hostel was gross and the guests were dirty and sketchy. It seemed like the guests live in the hostel. There were no curtains on the windows, and the building was so hot the windows needed to be opened all night. This became a large problem because the area was so bad that police sirens ran constantly all night. The bathroom did not have lights in it, nor did it have a finished ceiling. The main lounge had dirty dishes and broken couches.

Come on pal, this review is ridiculous. You were here for only one night, checked in at 8pm and gone before 6am. "We are budget backpackers suitable for the laid back non fussy traveller.” I'm guessing you didn't read this in our description before booking. The couches have now been replaced with nice new benches. Enjoy the rest of your travels, and we hope you give us a second chance someday. I'm certain after you get more travel experience you'll come to appreciate what we do here.

Brilliant.

Star. Thanks for the review.

I really enjoyed my stay at Globe Trott. The staff were awesome and helpful. The rooms were clean and I met lots of really fun people hanging out in the common room :)

• 5th May 2014

It's dirty and just not nice, definitely not redommended! They give you a free beer for a good recommendation, that's how it works. We paid very much money for staying there, i want my money back^^

• 2nd May 2014

Hello. £35 for two people is not expensive on a bank holiday in London my friend and very cheap actually. We do not give free beer for recommendations, just wanting you to have a good time. Maybe a pint of British bitter would have suited you better! Take care and we hope you give us a second chance someday.

Nice people and environment. The neighborhood residents were friendly too! Bank nearby. Postman friendly. Ladies' room ensuite bathroom and shower - priceless!! Very clean, up to date, hot water. Clean linen. Yaay!

Hello Candace and thank you for the review. Be careful of the postman around here, they are all charmers just like Max on reception. Bye

Alll around the place was pretty secure ad low-key on the inside. I will/am staying there again. I definitely felt safe inside, which was important as a solo traveler, but the staff wasn't very good.

Wow, very uncommon that staff don't get top marks but we are very glad that you felt safe here. I look forward to seeing you again and giving us a second chance. See you soon.