Globe Trott Inns Reviews

1 Barking Road, London, London, England

Very good... perfect... i will miss that hostel, better is impossible. I recomend.

• 2nd Jul 2013

This hostel was in a great location in East London with a 5 min walk to the Upton Park Underground, getting around London was a breeze. There are plenty of fast food restaurants around and supermarket just down Barking Rd, so eating cheaply was a cinch. The staff consisted of people who were friendly, helpful, and sociable. I spent a lot of my time with the staff and fellow backpackers hanging out in the near by parks and other fun sites and places in London. Cleaning was daily and supreme. A+++

• 29th Jun 2013

Great place, only downsides were the lockers seemed a little small, so I just kept my stuff in my room instead. The location means you have to travel a little longer to get to central london, but the travelcard cost is basically the same. And the shops here are cheap :).The staff are helpful and there's a great atmosphere, if you want to chat or make friends it is more than easy to do so.

• 27th Jun 2013
  • Scotland

oWhen I first arrived, it was after a long flight ad just before check in. I waited an hour or so, and ended up asking if the room was ready. I was created with 'yeah of course' but no one had bothered to tell me this. The hostel is definitely what you pay for. Beds are o , its a very warm social environment. The area is a bit scary if you haven't been here before, there were sirens going past about once an hour! But I had no troubles when I stayed. Oh and there are no curtains on the windows

Maybe is a bit far (the nearest tube station is in zone 3) however I really liked the atmosphere there. Everybody were so nice also the staff.

I'm an easy going person easy to please. But I know in America they'd call this place "ghetto" this place was worth the money. Really inexpensive I'm glad for that. However the mold in the bathroom got me a little sick feeling. Like literally I was blowing black stuff from my nose w all the dust n mold. It's just an old building not the owners fault. The people were nice. I'm glad I met them. If u have an extra couple dollars u can sprnd stay in a hostel closer to the center

Good hostel overall, but would not recommend staying here unless you're doing lots of stuff in the east of London. Might not be the best idea if you plan on going out in the city centre.

• 20th Jun 2013
  • Switzerland

The hostel is very nice. Have friendly people (Italians, French, German, Japanese, Brazilian, Portuguese, Estonian, British, Mexican, US...........). "A kill ass staff!!!" :D always available to any queries you might have. Safe, cheap and comfortable place to stay. I would like to come back it feels like home!!!! Best regards, Ana F. and Cláudia F.

• 19th Jun 2013
  • Afana
  • Portugal

The most welcoming hostel I've ever stayed at. It felt like a home rather than a hostel. Seriously a real cool place!

• 18th Jun 2013

I just stayed for one night, but was tempted to stay longer. We had something of a little party in the lounge and I quickly made new friends.

• 9th Jun 2013
  • Sweden

The only downside was the young international staff. All they care about is to have fun: fags, drinks and more. All other ok. It really pissed me off when the young male staff member kept entering female-only room with no warnings as if that was a lounge and we expected blokes to enter our room at any time. No knocking, no 'hello', no explanation, nothing...

• 5th Jun 2013
  • Poland

Hello and thanks for replying back to my email. As advised your complaint is something I take very seriously and I have spoken with the member of staff in question about his lack of decorum and delivered a very strong lesson in basic manners. Male members of staff entering female dorms is not standard practise at this hostel. Again I would like to apologise for any discomfort this caused.

Lounge room is small. Outside is always noisy.

I should say that I'll give 5 star for the staff. The one I met that day is very nice. And you could easily tell that the atmosphere here is warm and friendly. To be honest the facilities are limited. But you could see that they do try to make the best of it. Its about 8 min walk to the tube and the door is indeed hidden. You get clean sheets from staff ( so you are almost sure that they do clean the sheets unlike some hostel I've been to) . Anyway, for the money you paid its worthy.

Way too crowded, and the kitchen was way too small to that many people, and we weren't in high season!

Hi and thanks for the review. Its true that we are not in high season yet but the hostel was still full, so we must be doing something right ! We do have a bar downstairs that can comfortably fit 300 people.We hope you still had a good time. Take care

The hostel is situated in a nice urban area in East London. The staff is really friendly and always willing to help with things regarding London and the hostel. They had no issues splitting 'bills' etc. WiFi worked most of the time and they give easy access to it. However the cockroaches in the kitchen aren't too great, the possibilities in the kitchen are limited as well. The showers vary, the one shower is better and cleaner than the other.

• 25th May 2013

Very nice staff and an ideal location. cheapest and best located place I could find. Mattresses, bedding etc was pretty average, but wasn't really expecting more for the price. Didn't get a huge amount of sleep due to other people coming in and out and traffic. A decent number of bathrooms, but a relatively small lounge/kitchen area considering how many people were staying. Breakfast consisted of toast and spreads, limited but free with the stay so definitely no complaints there! Thanks!

• 25th May 2013

Would have preferred to see other travelers there rather than long term tenants, but they are taking some action by limiting stays to a month at the most. They let us keep our packs there before our check in and after we checked out.

Hi and thanks for the review. We are focused on creating a true backpackers hostel and we are making some changes starting from June. We hope you come back, as we loved having you here. Take care and enjoy your travels.

Loved the showers, it felt like being at home again!

Thanks for your review. Yup we agree our showers are pretty good !

It's was a friendly place, everyone saying hi as you walked by. But it is quite far from the main city with the sights (although the tube is pretty direct). We stayed on the 2nd floor and the wifi was very spotty, most of the time couldn't get a very good signal.

I spent great time during my stay in globe trott ins , I recommend that hostel very much !

• 15th May 2013