Globe Trott Inns Reviews

1 Barking Road, London, London, England

Nice stay overall, relaxed atmosphere and respectful fellow guests while I was there.

Hello and thank you for the review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay

This hotel is bad, they don'T clean propertly rooms.

• 16th Apr 2014

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review, however on this occasion I will have to strongly disagree with what you state. Our dorms are cleaned daily. I understand you checked out early and informed staff that you would write a negative review unless you received a refund. Normally we would as we understand people change their travel plans, but unfortunately you made a silly threat without explaining why you wanted a refund and my team decided to decline your request. Take care

Not very bad for that price

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Lithuania

Thank you for the review. We are glad you found us good value.

the bathroom and kitchen were dirty. not enough bathrooms, on top of that one was broken

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very sorry to read that you found our facilities dirty. We will work hard to improve this. Take care

This was my first Hostel EVER, and I thought it was great. Only complaints are minor like the third floor bathroom not working properly (they fixed it really quickly, but the toilet didn't flush properly again soon after) and the beds are a bit springy. Again, all those are minor complaints and they're overshadowed by the great staff (so friendly!), great atmosphere, and the security. I never felt unsafe, and there are cameras everywhere (not IN the rooms) which adds to the feeling of security.

• 15th Apr 2014

very nice staff and very sociable people living there .

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Mali

Hello and thank you giving us 100%! We are glad you enjoyed your time here and we hope to see you again

The hostel is kind of out of the way, but its not too difficult to navigate once you figure it out. The hostel was hard to find, but once I got to the right area the receptionist actually came outside and walked me in to the hostel. It was undergoing some remodeling at the time so everything was kind of scattered around.

A nice hostel wich tries to fullfill the needs of a backpacker. Dont forget the padlock if you want to store your stuff, otherwise this costs 3 Pounds. Unfortunately I had no chance to try the breakfast wich is from 8:30-10:00, since i had to get up early. The walls are a bit thin so that on the weekend I could hear the people partying in the kitchen until late at night, which was just under our room. However, I really liked this hostel - it has a great atmosphere and a good value for money. :-)

Hello and thank you for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed your time here and we hope to see you again

Pretty far away from central London but close to a tube stop. I really liked the atmosphere of this place, there were a lot of people around and it was really laid back.

This is probably the cheapest hostel in London. It's one of the dirtiest buildings I've stayed in. They are, however, in the process of some much needed renovations. The majority of the people who stay there are there long term. There are postings that say two weeks max, but some people have been there for months. Most are friendly, but it's not the same hostel atmosphere. Feels more like a boarding house. The neighborhood isn't great, and it's far from the city center. You get what you pay for.

Hello and thank you for the review. Our hostel is cleaned twice a day, long termers are the minority (less than 20%) and are all backpackers and a very friendly bunch. We hope our location didn’t spoil your stay with us too much but 35 minutes from here to Big Ben is good for London. Enjoy the rest of your travels and we hope to see you again someday.

Broadband was very slow, sometimes hadn't hot water when we had shower. Too far from the centre but very cheep hostel. Kitchen and community spaces very small one. Stairs and corridors are very narrow so it happens any emergency situation will be huge trouble.

Hello. Sorry about the slow internet during your stay, we had a faulty router that has now been replaced. The hostel is very safe and passes all fire regulations. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. Take care.

In my stay there was nice people in the hostel. The biggest problem I see is the number of bathrooms, usually you have to wait a little to take the bath... There is a Tesco really close to the hostel, it helped a lot to save some money.

Hello and thank you for the review. Your comment about the number of bathrooms has been noted and we will improve this in the future. We hope to see you again someday.

My first day at the hostel one of my room mates stole my credit cards. During my week stay I also saw a domestic fight take place within my room.The area of upton park isn't very safe either, walking home one time at 8pm I saw a brawl which led into someone bag being stolen. There are very few showers for how many people there are. You have to cue outside and the toilets are often in the same bathroom. Bed was very uncomfortable. However, the people there were nice. Rather pay more and feel safe

We are very sorry to read about this. We take security at the hostel very seriously and provide lockers, CCTV and key card entry for all doors to all guests. You did not make us aware that you cards had been stolen and we really wish you had. Our mattresses are being replaced and your comments on our showers have been noted. Take care and we hope all the bad luck you had won’t spoil the rest of your travels.

The hostel is alright.. beds were horrible though, very saggy, and if someone in the bunk bed moves, the other person wakes up.. if you have no shower in the room you have to try and get one of the other 3 in the hostel.. usually you have to queue and sometimes its cold.. it was never really hot. the kitchen is far to small and not very clean.. the location isn't great either but not too bad. so its alright but really not great.

Hello and thank you for the comments. We will continue to improve our hostel and increase our number of showers. We hope you still had a good time here.

+ hostel is in zone 3 near Westham; there are lots of little shops and take aways and a Tesco just around the corner. + nice people, 24h access, no curfew, free wifi (poor connection in the rooms though) + CCTV - I had to pay cash on arrival as the credit card machine was not working. - No sinks in the rooms; only one Bathroom on my floor (Toilet, shower & Sink together in one room), but three 8 bed dorms - one bathroom for about 20 people! - shower was cold twice during my stay - no breakfast

• 15th Mar 2014

Hello and thank you for the review. Sorry about the WiFi during your stay, one of our routers was faulty and we were unaware for a few days. It has now been repaired and we again have fast WiFi throughout the hostel. Your comments about our showers have been noted and this is something that will be improved in the future. Take care.

It´s too far...

.. from where? Our address is clearly shown on various maps and Hostelworld my friend. If you are talking about central London, 35 minutes from the hostel door to Big Ben is not bad at all. Thanks for taking the time to write a review and we hope you enjoy the rest of your travels

Pros: Lockers with CCTV // The toilets have tons of paper. Cons:Worst beds ever, you could feel the springs in your back, terrible // The kitchen and the living room are in the same place, so everything smells like food // Its in the zone 3 of the public transport system so you have to pay more for the oyster card. And they give free beer for reviews, so not all reviews are trustuble.

Hello and thank you for the review. We are glad you enjoyed our toilet paper! Correct we are in Zone 3 but it is only 50p more expensive to get here than a zone 1 or 2 hostel. Compare our rates with hostels within those zones and you still save a lot of money! If we were just giving free beer for reviews the hostel would be rated about 125% :) Our matteresses will be replaced very soon.

Nice hostel if you don't mind it being a bit further from the city. Other than the all good.

Hello and thank you for the great comments its really appreciated.

You get what you paid for, the only complaint I have is that the showers weren't very good but apart from that I'm happy with what they offer. Would visit again anytime, there was a great atmosphere with a lot of other travellers to meet. Thanks Globe Trott :)

• 3rd Mar 2014

Hello and thnak you for the review. Your comments about our showers have been noted. We are glad you still had a good time here. Take care.

excellent

Hello and thanks for the great review. Take care.