Globe Trott Inns Reviews

1 Barking Road, London, London, England

My Partner and I stayed at Globe Trotts Inn for three nights, and we were really impressed. It was a really basic hostel with not much kitchen facilities, however the bathrooms and the 'social area'/'kitchen' were always really clean, an the staff were very helpful and friendly. The location of the hostel was very easy to find, a week before we arrived the staff gave us all the information we needed to arrive safely.

good value for money but only in weekdays. it's typical hostel over traditional english pub in the street corner. bare in mind that the building itseltf is very old. you may have trouble to find the main entrance, does look like kind of hideout:) anyway may be alternative for a few days, may be also good time with legendary pub crawl with funny guy:) respect!

The only down side was the stairs, but for people go use backpacks the hostel is lovely.

I enjoyed the night I spent here. If it was at a better neighborhood (loud middle-eastern music during night, no offense to any culture tough), and closer to the center, it would be even better.

Thank you, everything was just great, especially the kindness of the staff. Definitely will come back.

Me pareció el peor sitio que jamás he visto. Creo que es un lugar insalubre. De hecho, no me quedé allí. Me vi obligada a anular la reserva. Tal era el asco que me producía quedarme allí. Había ratones en las habitaciones y el olor era algo muy desagradable. Las sábanas estaban llenas de pelos, es decir, usadas previamente y no lavadas. En fin. En mi opinión deberían precintar ese lugar las autoridades sanitarias.

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Restée sur vos gardes , escrocs !

• 5th Aug 2015

This is a basic hostel with good facility like microwave, fridge, hot water-tub, card-system to open doors. Nonetheless, it is not very clean in the room, I notice my legs got more itchy and scars after sleeping on the bed. It is very likely to be fleas bite because they mostly concentrated on legs. It is about 30 minutes away from London's major tourists attractions and paying for the transportation could be a bit expensive, but nonetheless it is still cheaper than many hostels.

L'entrée n'était pas facile à trouver, mais le personnel est sympa et ils tentent de faire en sorte qu'il y ait de l'ambiance. La salle commune est un peu petite par contre. L'hôtel n'est pas trop loin du métro, mais on est tombé sur une grève en partant, la distance du centre a rendu la chose plus difficile du coup.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Belgium
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Located in Zone 3, the place is only 15 minutes from the City of London and 30 to Westminster Abbey, so it's a good location, even if it's not in the centre. The staff was wonderful and the atmosphere was great. However rooms are a bit empty, maybe they need some furniture and curtains because the lights of the streetlights were a bit annoying at night. Cleanliness good but improvable. I suggest it for people who don't care a lot about location.

Thank you for writing a review for us. We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with our staff, who work hard to create a friendly atmosphere for all of our guests. We are in the process of adding curtains to all the rooms, and in the future we will also refurbish each room to make them fit our bright atmosphere. Please book with us during your next visit in London to see the improvements!

Good location: with pubs, markets, parks, undergound station. A clap for the youth management! Great, so kind and helpful staff! Great atmosphere. Really cheap. In the kitchen, unfortunately, you can't really cook, but reheat. Absolutely recommended for young people.

the ensuite bath room was noticed out of order for many days and w need to use share bath room....ヽ(`Д´)ノ

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We apologize for the bathroom being out of order during your stay, since the wall in the shower had been broken in causing the water to leak through to the next floor. Since your stay we have rebuilt the faulty shower and we hope you book with us again for a more enjoyable visit!

The advantages - a very helpful & friendly staff; it is very easy to reach & find this hostel; easy to meet other travelers; comfortable firm beds; clean sheets; the neighbourhood of East Ham is really very colorful and interesting to stay in. The drawbacks - mices do exist there (!), so just never leave anything remotely edible in your room; no chairs in rooms; no cooking facilities (no pots, no pan, no stove, no sharp knives, just a toaster & waffle iron); unclean carpets on the floor.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your time with our staff who work hard to create a friendly atmosphere for our guests. We have recently increased our defenses against pests such as mice in order to eradicate them completely from the building. We're also planning on refurbishing every room in the hostel, so please book with us next time to see how the place has improved!

very untidy entrance. I almost turned back. the room was kind of ok but nothing exciting compared to other hostels in London. I won't return there except i am really desperate and there is nowhere else to go. even the staff were part of a vodka infused card game in the smallest common room i have ever seen. not nice.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We are currently in the process of brightening up our entrance, and the drinking games are held to build a friendly atmosphere with our guests. The staff who participate aren't on duty. We'll use your critique to further improve so that you can return and see how we've improved!

Not hard to find, just pretty unclean.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We're sorry to hear that you found the hostel to be unclean, but we are currently working on refurbishing the building to make it look brighter and cleaner. We hope you book with us during your next stay in London to see the improvements!

As always, my stay was awesome. definitely worth my money.

Thank you for writing a review for us. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to accomodating your next stay!

Very friendly and helpful staff. Many many thanks to them. 😊😊 Good value for money. 😊 Good atmosphere!!! Would definitely recommend when visiting London!

Very nice hostel, great location not too far from central London, awesome staff very helping, everything was cool and for the price you won't found a better place than this hostel.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. Our staff work very hard to create a fun and exciting experience for our guests, so we're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Make sure to book with us during your next stay in London!

Mudo's "tour" sucks. His first stop was the M&M store. Cause that is the most important thing in London: that's what I want to see first... He wouldn't tell us where we were going. I wouldn't have bothered waiting for the group if I had known where we were going, so I guess his tricky tactic worked. Til half the tour group ditched him. We had fun drinking the previous night, but I wouldn't recommend the tour.

The staff was super nice! There are several small restaurants around the area that are cheap and good. The location was awful since it was so far away from the center of London. We went during a strike on the metro so we were very unfortunate to use the bus from the city center that took us approximately an hour. The rooms are clean and the bathrooms are clean as well! Totally recommend for youngsters!

« first « Prev 1 2 3