Globe Trott Inns Reviews

1 Barking Road, London, London, England

The hostel was very cheap, and it was ok for that price. The room i was staying in was very hot, and there wasnt much space for anyones bag. If you like to take your time in the bathroom, this is absolutely not a hostel for you! One bathroom for each floor, and my floor had 5 rooms with 8 bed in each. Imagine that in the morning! The staff is very friendly and nice and the athmosphere was nice and easygoing.

Juan y nacer son muy buenos! Nos ayudaron con las mejores recomendaciones :) estuvimos en un carto lleno pero muy buenos compañeros

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Mexico

On a main road so very noisy. They should have mentioned that it was 'No over 35's' before I booked.

Das Globe Trott Inns ist ein durchschnittliches Hostel.Das Preis-Leistungsverhältnis ist gut. Eigentlich sehr gut, wenn der Schimmel ins unserem Zimmer nicht gewesen wäre. Mal von unseren Mitbewohnern abgesehen,die es in jedem Hostel geben kann, ist es für das Geld völig i.O. Man darf halt kein Schloss erwarten. Solange man da nur schläft und nicht den ganzen Tag verbringt, ist es eine gute günstige Alternative um in London unterzukommen.

• 16th Sep 2014

This hostel is really nice and the guys that are working here are super cool, friendly and very helpful. The other persons in here are quite friendly and they make you feel welcome and at home. You will sure meet a lot of new friends here.

• 16th Sep 2014

one of the best hostels in London, easy to travel to Central London. Bank and Tesco are 2 min away, nice choice of cafes near by. Great stuff - attentive and helpfull, they let me leave my heavy luggage for some time after check out. Clean bathrooms, also felt very secure with locks

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Kazakhstan

This hostel is terrible, don't go there. The toilets doesn't work, the building is falling apart, there is only cold water in the showers. We arrived late at night and when we got to our room there was only one bed available, witch ment we had to split up. The staff was rude, had no understanding of us being tired and pissed at 2am. We had booked 4 nights, stayed there for less than 10 hours but still had to pay for all nights. It's hard to find and is far from the centre of town. DON'T GO HERE!

Ideal for East London locations, although the Barking Road is rather busy.

• 11th Sep 2014

Excellent atmosphere and the Staff very helpfull and friendly, will definitely stay again.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • luisenrod7597
  • Spain

A welcome place to stay. Thank you. The toilet and washroom accomodation did seem enough for the number of people staying but I got up early to avoid problems getting in the bathroom.

The security is attrotious I work on a bar in the evenings so got home at about 3am on 2 nights and the front door was never locked 1 night there was a homeless man asleep in the corridor! I wasn't that upset by this as the doors to the bedrooms were locked and alarmed but on my last night I went into my room where there was and I am not exaggerating a psycho lady who began to scream at me forcing me to flee the room crying. They cannot just let people off the street stay it's so dangerous!

• 7th Sep 2014

i was told it was payable by card arrived there and was refused but ended up getting the cash needed,otherwise not a clean place to stay,

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Lithuania
  • All Male Group, 25-30

OK for this price! I was not expecting more. Comfortable beds. Ear plugs recommended. Sufficient for those who do not mind spending a night in a simple hostel. What I did not like: some people are not tourists but actually live there!!!! Ex. "job seekers" We spent our night in 6-female dorm and one "job seeker" was actually bulling us, dominating the room, did not want to turn the light off and talked on the phone after 23h! Please do something with that!

It's a hostel: it can't be perfectly clean. Not the toilets, at least. Nevertheless the atmosphere is just delightful, everyone is nice (well, almost everyone... But you can always find someone to talk to!) and such an accomodation really gives a broke backpacker the chance to visit (or work into) the city! I would surely come back!

• 4th Sep 2014

The price of the hostel was very good, so if you do not expect too much it is fine. There were lockers (bring your own padlock!) so you could store your valuables in a safe place. The bathrooms were not super clean, but I guess that will often be the case if you share bathrooms with so many guests (wear flipflops). The beds were not really comfortable (very thin matrasses), but I can sleep almost anywhere. It is true that the hostel is relatively far away, but it didn't bother us too much.

Es un hostel barato, alejado del centro. Para muchos dias hospedado, no es recomendable dado que queda lejos de las principales atracciones de la ciudad y se gasta el ahorro en transporte. El personal es amable, los baños limpios y habia agua caliente. En general buena atmosfera y no habia personas de fiesta, mas bien tranquilo. Lo que deben mejorar es en la habitacion, muy desordenada, luminosa y ruidosa, el colchon bajo e incomodo y tambien las almohadas. Para pocas noches, bien.

ive been to a few over the years in london and unless you pay top dollar you dont get anything near this for the price

• 25th Aug 2014

The showers were attrocious and only one on each floor. Drains were blocked so it was pooling up. Oh and beware of the stairs.

• 22nd Aug 2014

have to pay for a towel, staff couldnt understand an english person, no help or reception on 24hours a day which ment when i had to leave early i left my id there in order to not miss my train! the rooms were not cleanned, the room i stayed in had no blinds/curtains and was an open window which has noise/light pollution coming through it as well as being cold.

Good place to be. good value for money and the staffs are extremely polite. will visit again !

• 20th Aug 2014