8.7
Fabulous 724 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 724 Total Reviews
Globetrotters International Located at 154 Lake st, , Cairns.
Australia
Cairns Queensland 4870 154 Lake st
87% 724
-16.9148981 145.7700347
    Rooms available

• USA, Male, 18-24
13th Sep 2016

It's a nice hostel, just far enough away from all the loud parties at night, but still easily close enough to walk to anywhere you would like to within town. It's also nice to not have to worry about breakfast and the bbq is also a good perk! I wish the AC was a little stronger, and I think a ping pong table would be a good addition to add at some point, but overall it's a great place to stay out for your travel in Cairns!

• England, Female, 18-24
5th Sep 2016

Everyone at the hostel was really lovely and always willing to answer any questions and queries that I had! I have been travelling in Australia for a year now and spent most of it in hostels and found globetrotters to be one of the friendliest I have been to! You can come and go as you like, and join in as much or as little as you want to! For instance it's very easy to join a team on the quiz night which is good fun! Access to free decent wifi is also a huge bonus!

3rd Sep 2016

Absolutely loved my stay at Globetrotters. Hostel has great facilities, free wifi, free breakfast, free BBQ twice a week, free shuttle bus runs into the city and to the greyhound/reef fleet terminal. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. They helped me book my tours around cairns at their tour desk Ioana has great knowledge of cairns and the reef! Didn't have to wait to long to do some work for accomodation either which really helped me save some money! keep up the good work Globetrotters!

• England, Female, 25-30
31st Aug 2016

Lovely chilled hostel, staff really friendly and helpful, decent sized lockers in room, clean and I managed to bag the bottom bunk double bed which was nice.

• Spain, Female, 31-40
29th Aug 2016
6.0

It was 20 minutes walk to the city, and Cairns is a small city, far away.. Some personal was nice, others not very happy to help..They threw my food from the fridge to the rubbish by accident,when I asked for it, they said "sorry" and didn't pay for it... They convince you to travel with some tours like "passions", the most expensive ones.. which take you to the same places as the cheap ones, annoying... They may be paid for that.. You can't have your breakfast before 7... Reception

25th Aug 2016

LOVE THIS PLACE! Super loungy atmosphere, helpful staff, and all the right amenities. This may be one of my favorite hostel stays yet. Super fast wifi in most areas (I stayed in dorms 6 and 63 for part of my stay) and spotty wifi in twin dorm 31.) Short walk to the beach, a pharmacy, and sort of at the beginning/end of the stretch. I kept extending my stay here. Easy to also get work done.

20th Aug 2016

Easily one of the best hostels I’ve stayed in, definitely the best in Cairns. Globetrotters has a great atmosphere, friendly staff, and is always kept clean. It has everything you might need if you are visiting town (pool, hammock area, free BBQ, breakfast). They also offer a free shuttle bus to places in town. If you decide to stay longer they offer a great work for accommodation policy and it soon feels like a home. I’ve stayed in this hostel on two occasions now and you can't beat the place.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
17th Aug 2016

This is absolutely a top-class hostel. Super clean, very friendly, social but not exhausting, quiet at night, close to the esplanade, great WiFi, free breakfast, and just such a nice vibe. Wanna meet people and socialise? Too easy. Wanna be on your own for a bit? No problem. The fact that all dorms are real beds, not bunk beds, is just amazing. Keep it up globetrotters. You're on fire.

Thanks for leaving such an awesome review, we're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back to Globetrotters soon! - Globetrotters Staff Team

16th Aug 2016

Had an amazing stay at this hostel. If you're looking for a chilled out hostel in great location, then this is the place for you. It gets cleaned three times a day, the WiFi is great, the staff are really friendly, and it has the single greatest fridge system I have ever used. Free breakfast and a free BBQ, twice a week, only sweeten staying here. In the time I was here, it felt more like a home than a hostel.

Thanks for such a fantastic review! We work hard here to make our guests' stay as secure, comfortable and affordable as possible! Please spread the word about your stay to other travellers so that more international visitors can find us too! We look forward to welcoming you back to Globetrotters in the future! - Globetrotters Staff Team

• Finland, Female, 25-30
15th Aug 2016

This hostel was great! Showers, toilets and kitchens were clean. We stayed in a lot of rooms while staying at the hostel, and all the rooms were nice and the beds comfy. The atmosphere was good, easy to meet fellow travelers. The staff is really nice and helpful. I loved the fridge system with your own key to your own fridge locker! Great experience, would stay there again!