Globetrotters International Reviews

154 Lake st, Cairns, Australia

You have to pay for a fridge, as well as cooking utensils/cutlery if you want to borrow it. There are no cups or glasses in the kitchen if you just want to drink something. No soap provided in toilette, terrible! I know this was a budget accomodation but that doesn't excuse it.

Air con only being free for a few hours a night was just not enough. Had to pay for a fridge key rather than just a deposit. Wifi was good even in the room, but the atmosphere was terrible, no one seemed interested in talking and just kept to themselves. It is also way too far from the centre of cairns

• 16th Jan 2016

Quite central and a good value for your money. Cleaning was good but we did see a cockeoach and ants. The female dorm had comfy beds and the air con was great (you only get it at night). We also stayd one night in a twin room uppstairs but there the air con was non existent. This is not a party hostel and the night was calm. This is great if you have to get upp early for going on day trips. The staff was really kind and helpfull. Would recomend this hostel.

• 7th Jan 2016
  • Sweden

Very clean hostel many kitchens and bathrooms to choose large lounge area to enjoy free wi fi free air conditioning at night was very good

• 6th Jan 2016
  • China

Stayed here 2 weeks and it was great. Super relaxed but still not too far away from the centre of town for nights out. Great alternative to those party hostels. I was expecting a lot less for the price I was paying but its one of the nicest hostel I've stayed in in all of Australia. The fridges have lockers in them which I think is a great idea. The manager was really friendly and gives great advise on stuff to do in the area.

Home away from home. Fast free internet, fridge that you can lock and most confortable bed ever in a hostel. It's one of the best hostel i've ever stay in!

• 4th Dec 2015
  • vincc24

Hostel is close to the water, nice walk into the city, bit further than expected though. Safety was ok, cleanliness not. We ended up in a room next to the kitchen, couldn't open the windows and it was smelly and hot in there. Cardboard walls, so not as quiet as hoped. Bed was good though and happy that the airco worked.

I arrived by greyhound bus at 1pm and the reception is closed. At the gate there is a paper who argue that you've got an email with the gate code.. However I haven't got any email from them and had to wait until people were opening the door for me. It's also not a 10minutes walk from greyhound but 20. Furthermore my room and the bin haven't been cleaned during my stay. So the room became very dirty. The staff was not friendly, only if you could speak French they were nice.

Stayed here in a private room and is the only hostel I've ever come across that has charged for air con. There is a sign saying it keeps costs down but it's pretty hot, and haven't had this in any other hostel, they give you 3 hours free everyday but only if you're in when they come round. The kitchen is nice and clean but there is a deposit to pay for pots/pans and a fridge box. Located about a 10min walk from the lagoon and shopping centre. The best thing about this hostel is the free wifi!

Good hostel, quiet,clean, wifi quite good and lot of free parking around it

Very good hostel ! I liked the girl room, really confortable but a bit too warm maybe. Perfect to chill, easy to meet other people, good location. Staff very nice !

• 10th Oct 2015

Great stay with Globetrotters. Accomodation was clean and hostel was lively and people/staff friendly during the open hours. No issues to report just a great budget hostel for people looking for a quiet stay with clean accomodation in cairns.

Very good for the price excellent wifi most of the time. It's perfect if you don't want a party hostel and just a nice relaxing one if you just want one a few beers nothing heavy they also have security at night to make sure everyone is qiiuet who is coming in from nights out would reccoment for sure

• 26th Sep 2015

place, the only niggle is that the staff took ages to get to you at and seemed to work at a snail's pace

• 26th Sep 2015

wifi is free but terrible even in the lounge.. must purchase a key to use a fridge that they padlock at 10.. common areas close at 11.. unless your staff.. they go in the fridge and hang out in the common areas whenever they want and are as loud as they want.. they clean 3 times a day but don't really do much.. enjoy the ants roaches and mice.. the staff is nice they just aren't manged very well and don't care.. not a terrible hostel but not a very good one either.. I wouldn't recommend it..

I would check your device you are using to connect to the internet as we have had no other complaints about a NBN wifi which is the fastest in the country, as for the fridge locker key I see no complaints about your food being stolen, looking at your other reviews on other hostels { and you have quite a few} it doesn't look like you have many nice things to say about any of them!

We arrived at 5am and the hostel was willing to let us sleep on the couch until the room arrived which was really nice of them. The rooms fan was covered in dust and looked like it had never been cleaned (I cleaned it), the air con filter also hadn't been cleaned. Also we weren't able to get our Key Deposit back as there was no one in the office at 6pm when it was supposed to open (to be fair we should have got it the night before). Despite this the hostel has a good atmosphere an in good loc.

Beds were clean and comfy, location was great but facilities (bathrooms) left a lot to be desired. There were empty shower gel tubs at the bottom of one of the (few) showers my entire stay and I didn't see anyone cleaning. My room was on a very noisy road and had to keep windows open because A/C didn't work. Very little atmosphere but is a quiet hostel for those who don't want to party. Didn't use the kitchen but looked small.

Hi, did you even walk around the hostel the kitchen and bathroom ( 3 showers, 2 toilets) where not the only ones in the hostel we have 3 other kitchens and bathrooms as well. The air conditioner is automatically turn on maybe you need you just needed to turn it on first

free wifi & breakfast, a great pool area & large lounge, hostel seems really organised with fridge lockers each and it's cleaned regularly. I think each room is different but mine (female dorm) had bunk beds that were like private pods and so comfy! One of my fave hostels in Australia and I have been to a lot!its a place to chill not to party so if that's what you need book it!

Not the best hostel I've stayed in, but also not the worst. I would say it was fine. We were in what felt like the older part of the building which could do with modernising, but the room was clean. We discovered nicer showers on the floor below after a day or 2. It's a shame the hostel doesn't really cater for most travellers who are going on tours early (most leave before 8am, such as diving, tablelands, coming back after 7pm). Reception closes at 7pm, and breakfast doesn't start till 8:30am.

Thx for the breakfast! Also we felt like everything was done to make us feel good :)

• 17th Aug 2015