8.5
Fabulous 842 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 842 Total Reviews
Globetrotters International Located at 154 Lake st, , Cairns.
Australia
Cairns Queensland 4870 154 Lake st
85% 842
-16.9148981 145.7700347
    Rooms available

11th Jan 2017
7.4

Staff was nice. I was able to do late check in and early check out the night before. The atmosphere was not good. The other residents weren't welcoming at all. The room I was in was a mess. Not sure how long some of the stuff had been there. Seemed like a lot of it had been left behind cause it was still a mess as people checked out. Rooms are extremely hot & humid. The ac was not central and hidden behind another wall so it didn't really reach the other side of the room. Wouldnt stay here again

• China, Female, 31-40
10th Jan 2017

a good and quiet place to stay

• New Zealand, Male, 41+
7th Jan 2017

would definitely recommend globetrotters. will stay here again when next up in cairns

• England, Male, 18-24
7th Jan 2017

Been in australia 11 month and this is bay far the best hostel I have stayed in, the only real downfall is the walk, it's about 10/15 minutes into the city, but the hostel itself is always clean/being cleaned. The staff are all friendly and willing to help, 24 hour reception was an advantage. Also a huge tour selection at the reception. Stayed in cairns a while and I would recommend this place over gilligans any day. Cheers Nick 👊

6th Jan 2017

Can't say enough about this place. Originally booked for one night, but decided to stay all 3 nights that I was in Cairns. The staff are very friendly, very clean rooms, fridge lockers, and the atmosphere is unparalleled to any hostel I've stayed at. Met alot of great people, and felt at home when I was there. Great value, great hostel.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
6th Jan 2017

Amazing hostel with such friendly staff and other backpackers. We loved our stay so much and hated leaving. Definitely the place to stay in Cairns!!

• Scotland, Female, 31-40
5th Jan 2017

I stayed here for two weeks and loved it. It's such a nice friendly atmosphere, the staff are great and the rooms are comfortable and clean. Very close to the esplanade and just a short walk to all the shops, bars and restaurants. Not a huge party hostel so if you want to chill out globetrotters is the place to come. I will definitely come back here, my favourite hostel in Australia!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
5th Jan 2017

My favourite hostel by far! I stayed here two years ago and came back because I loved it so much. I didn't believe it was possible but it has become even more amazing than last time I was here. The staff are amazing and I have zero complaints. Would recommend to anyone! Nick is a legend

• Taiwan, Male, 25-30
8.0

Good and peace place to live ! Feel really relax when I stay here. Really recommend everyone to live here.

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
31st Dec 2016
6.6

Our private room itself was great, plenty of aircon and good value. However the hostel facilities were tired and very rough around the edges. Something just didn't sit right with me. There were a lot of deposits for things to make sure the hostel wasn't left in a terrible state but it still felt dirty and rundown. One of the bathrooms had mould on the ceiling and the towels on the floor always looked dirty. But the free BBQ was good and free breakfast was pretty decent despite it being rationed!

Thanks for staying 1 night with us. If by rough around the edges you mean not 5 star well guilty as charged.The bath mats are changed 2 times a day and the bathrooms cleaned 3 times a day. Mould is cleaned weekly and after checking your complaint we needed glasses to see the mould. We serve breakfast to our guests which consists of espresso or tea cereal and toast. FREE.