Globetrotters International Reviews

154 Lake st, Cairns, Australia

We arrived at 5am and the hostel was willing to let us sleep on the couch until the room arrived which was really nice of them. The rooms fan was covered in dust and looked like it had never been cleaned (I cleaned it), the air con filter also hadn't been cleaned. Also we weren't able to get our Key Deposit back as there was no one in the office at 6pm when it was supposed to open (to be fair we should have got it the night before). Despite this the hostel has a good atmosphere an in good loc.

Beds were clean and comfy, location was great but facilities (bathrooms) left a lot to be desired. There were empty shower gel tubs at the bottom of one of the (few) showers my entire stay and I didn't see anyone cleaning. My room was on a very noisy road and had to keep windows open because A/C didn't work. Very little atmosphere but is a quiet hostel for those who don't want to party. Didn't use the kitchen but looked small.

free wifi & breakfast, a great pool area & large lounge, hostel seems really organised with fridge lockers each and it's cleaned regularly. I think each room is different but mine (female dorm) had bunk beds that were like private pods and so comfy! One of my fave hostels in Australia and I have been to a lot!its a place to chill not to party so if that's what you need book it!

Thx for the breakfast! Also we felt like everything was done to make us feel good :)

• 17th Aug 2015

Good location with lots of space in dorms. However not enough fridges for the amount of people staying and wi-fi was down for 2 nights

H, We all know how extremely important internet access it in todays living, in regards the the wi fi as explained by a notice posted at the front entrance was caused by something totally out of the hostel control and required the internet provider to send a technician which they advised us the earliest was in the next two days, imagine how our office staff felt trying to mange a hostel without internet, we think they done a great job and thanks to the other guests for being patient.

One of the best hostels I've stopped in, in Australia so far! The staff are lovely and very helpful and all the guests were friendly! A great place to stop if you want to meet plenty of people and don't want to stop up partying all night! The location is great just a short walk to the lagoon and all the bars and restaurants. We stopped in a 4 bed dorm and the room was spacious with really comfy beds. Can't wait to stay here again!!! Thank you for a great stay.

• 27th Jul 2015

Great wifi, very fast. Good location and a nice walk to the esplanade, town, and the botanic gardens. The free breakfast was nothing fantastic. There was no fridge space to store your food in unless you pay for a locker. The beds were comfortable. Not much happening at the hostel, people hanging out were mostly on their computers.

The British back packers were good and friendly. All the rest kept within their social groupings and didnt say much. had a second week in cairns and I didnt return to Globetrotters for that week,Stayed at the Castle over the road.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Decent hostel with a chilled atmosphere and pool area. Bit of a walk from the action but free breakfast and Wifi are always a bonus!

Free breakfast was great. Fast internet in lounge. Very friendly, bathroom situation could be better.

This hostel is good for some rest as it is not a party hostel. You can apply to work as a cleaner in return for free/discount accommodation. This is great if you are a backpacker needing to save money, however not everybody has the same standards of cleaning. When we moved in to our room under the mattress was full of toilet paper and generally dirty. We said to a staff member and he was quick to clean it, which was good. The kitchen and bathroom we shared was ok. The WIFI was good. Hostel is OK

We only stayed here for one night, it was great to get upgraded to a twin room and the facilities were really good. We found lots of ants in our room after the reception had closed and was later told by a member of staff that the hotel has an ant infestation, not something we wanted to hear before going to bed. Apart from that it was great.

I was disappointed when I arrived at globetrotters. It looked really nice online & has the potential to be great but it appeared that standards have slipped. My room was really nice & clean but the kitchen looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a wile. It was difficult to shower or even brush my teeth at night as only 1 shower & 1 toilet light worked. I was there for four nights & even after reporting it it wasn't fixed. The lounge area is very nice & the other guests were very friendly.

If you want to get some sleep before 2am this place is just perfect! I loved it!

The hostel was super clean, the rooms were vacuumed every day. If you appreciate getting some sleep before 2am you'll love it! A bit of a walk to the center but not too bad. Heaps of churches along the way to the center, I was constantly afraid of bursting out into flames or getting struck by lightning ;-)

Best Hostel Ever. Really nice people. Talk, sit together, watching movies. Its an amazing atmosphere!!! I worked here for accomodation and it was really easy and relaxing. The owners are very kind people and help everyone. Had the greatest time of my trip here. Its just a little walk to go in the middle of the city were all the clubs and shops are located. The best thing: its not a party hostel. so you can relax the whole day go to bed early. Wanna stay there again!

the room wasn't cleaned, rubbish under the beds, mens boxers left in the bathroom and toiletries. Pizza box left outside the entrance to the room. We weren't sure if someone was in our room with us because it looked like no one had cleaned in there with clothes eveywhere and toiletries and rubbish. The front desk told us to hurry us to leave in the morning because she had to change all the beds.. not very nice thing to here from the host.. At least she came and put air con in the room.

• 6th Apr 2015

Thanks for taking the time to review us on this website, even though your comments are less than positive. You were in a dorm room which means you will be sharing the dorm with other people, this means that your fellow guests were the ones that had pizza boxes not the hostel. We have cleaners that clean the hostel 3 times a day and we are one of the cleanest hostels in Australia. Check out time is 10 am not 11.30am so instead of charging you a late check out fee we advised you

Not too bad but a lot of stuff were broken especially in kitchens, . Also it's weird and we didn't know but you need to pay to use the fridge.