Globetrotters International Reviews

154 Lake st, Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Great hostel very clean and chilled. Staff felt with the cyclone very well keeping everyone safe! The only annoyance was the fact you had to carry around your kitchen utensils every time you wanted something to eat as nothing provided in the kitchen.

Hotel très sympathique dans lequel j'ai passe un très bon moment et ou je me suis fait quelques amis. very nice hotel, i enjoyed my time in here. a lot of fun with the backpackers and the staff, i will definitely come back when i am in cairns again

• 22nd Mar 2014

WiFi only worked in the main building, it was good having a kitchen and bathroom in the room tho. I was staying in a girls dorm.

Great night sleep after a long haul which was exactly what i was looking for, comfy beds, no party drunks which was a nice change friendly staff, walking distance to centre and reef trips

• 3rd Feb 2014

I went to this hostel because my friends told me , the pool and the beds are very good, and the people is relaxed

• 15th Jan 2014

Spacious living areas with comfy couches and beautiful pool

• 14th Jan 2014

The hostel has a relaxed vibe and the free wifi was great. We stayed in the 10 bed dorm and there was only one fan. There was an air conditioning unit on the wall but you had to put money in to operate it. Obviously being in a 10 bed it always ends up being the same people who put money in... It was unbearably hot without the air con on.

All in all a good Hostel. BUT. To use the aircon is very exspensive and it is not written anywhere that it cost anything. Their bathrooms is not very clean and the showers is whit out power. They say they have playstation and wii, they don't. The dvd did not work. Only one of the kitchen worked. :/ the staff was very friendly and it is a very good place ti relax. Despide all it was a good stay and i would go again.

• 21st Dec 2013
  • Denmark

Friendly and helpful staff, really felt at home here. Free wifi, shuttle service and breakfast!! Amazing activities are planned for each night. My favorite hostel

I will start with a positive, the female dorm is really nicely laid out. But the communication was terrible, especially considering they love posting notes everywhere about the rules and regulations, though noone seems to be enforcing it. I emailed to sat I arrived at 6am so what should I do,no reply,so sat outside on the pavement until a guest let me in.guy in office admitted he didnt really know what he was doing, it showed. Place could be great, have stayed in much better for less money.

Good security and not a long walk from centre. Cairns is a hot and humid place though and the walk can be tough a sunny dag. It would be awesome with a free shuttle bus. A great disappointment that we had to pay for AC in our room when it's free in a lot of other hostels in Cairns, so we moved. The kitchens were mostly filthy not because the staff couldn't clean but because of the young people living there who just didn't care.

This hostels location and cleanliness of its bathroom is not good.

Very hard to communicate with, the minimal hours make it hard for late check ins or early check outs. The rooms were extremely hot with only a fan to cool them on humid nights. Did not like the access to get in to the facility, as I had to walk down the street with all my luggage to access a phone to call the hostel to get a key code for the door. Once in my room key was just left in the open for anyone to get at.

Nice quiet hostel with mainly longstay people in it. Not much going on. It's run by backpackers but the owner lady is very nice so ask her if you need anything. Kitchen facilities could be improved.. Lots of the instructions on buttons had rubbed off so it took me a while to get my dinner going. When I checked in, the girl didn't even tell me where my room was.. Which wasn't vla very good start. Overall good value for money.