8.7
Fabulous 679 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 679 Total Reviews
Globetrotters International Located at 154 Lake st, , Cairns.
Australia
Cairns Queensland 4870 154 Lake st
87% 679
-16.9148981 145.7700347
    Rooms available

23rd Jul 2016

One of my favorite hostels I've stayed in - Globetrotters sets up a great environment for backpackers and visitors on working holiday alike. Labeling itself as a "non-party" hostel, folks are welcome to go out and drink as long as they don't bring the ruckus home. Instead, the comfortable lounge and free meals create a great environment to meet new people or just relax while enjoying the free wifi. +1 for separate fridge lockers!

19th Jul 2016

Big fan of this hostel! It's a small walk outside of the main hub, but it's totally worth it for a quiet night's sleep! Free breakfast? Sign me up! Saves you heaps when travelling. They also do a BBQ twice a week, so free dinner on those days too! Super cozy common areas with an impressive book collection. Best part? NO BUNK BEDS! No climbing up ladders that read "unsafe for ages 9 and up." Clean, cozy, and excellent staff. Would stay again!

• Germany, Female, 25-30
12th Jul 2016

This was definitely one of the best hostels I've been to, especially for this price! I stayed in a 8 female dorm. We had our own bathroom, a few lockers and a small kitchen area to store things. The bed was very comfortable as well. Internet was very good. 10-15 min walking to the centre, but it's a nice walk along the esplanade, I liked it. Atmosphere was very good as well and the staff tried to keep everything clean. Washing machine and dryer available for 4$ each.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
11th Jul 2016

I have actually now extended my stay as it is such a nice place. People are very welcoming and friendly. Facilities are good and location is a few blocks away from the city centre but as long as you don't in a little walk this means you get a quiet nights sleep. Manager is strict but fair and a nice guy that tries to help people out. I would definitely recommend here.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
8th Jul 2016

Clean, quiet and comfortable. Would stay again

• England, Female, 25-30
7th Jul 2016

Loved it here. I would come here again when I return! Cannot descible how good place even it was sightly far away but this is what I needed away from partying, noises etc.

• Australia, Female, 41+
4th Jul 2016

Clean, secure and friendly I stayed at the hostel for four nights in one of their single rooms. Great value for money. Room was clean and had a comfortable bed with good quality sheets. Rooms have air conditioning. Breakfast is included in the price and they have a free BBQ twice a week. It was quiet after 11pm which made for a good nights sleep. Friendly and approachable staff also. I highly recommend this hostel.

1st Jul 2016
5.7

Globetrotters was okay. I did a late check in and early check out. The late check in was a little difficult, since they seemed to not have me in their system, but the early check out was quite easy. The rooms are nice and the beds are individual, but the bathroom didn't have a mirror (in an 8 bed female dorm!) and seemed quite dingy. Also, the walls were thin so any and all noise from outside the room seemed quite loud. I wasn't able to stay long, but my short time was mediocre.

Hi, thanks for staying for 7hrs with us , and letting us all know what you thought .

• Australia, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
26th Jun 2016

great hostel, not right in the center like some of the other hostels but I personally enjoyed the walk every day as it allowed me to see more than just the main center of the city and its a beautiful stroll along the esplanade

• KinaFay
  • Canada, Mixed Group, 25-30
17th Jun 2016

This is a superb place and I will come back here again. The staff are fun, oriented me well and are always available. They did their best to answer any of my need (additional blanket, pool towels, etc). They emphasize on keeping clean and quiet (after 10/11 pm) to spare the guest from the noise, keeping the party outside of the establishment. They have their own shuttle bus, a pool, hammocks, laundry section, free breakfast, bbq days and their linen is quality. The wifi is good and unlimited.