Globetrotters/The Townhouse Reviews

46/48 Lr Gardiner Street, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

We loved staying here and will def. come back again. The staff was really nice and the breakfast amazing! Thanks for an amazing two nights! Chantel

• 5th Dec 2014
  • South Africa

Really nice hostel! The staff was always really nice and we loved our room. I would always come back.

• 21st Nov 2014

Location is good, and the hostel is nice and clean, BUT some staff members were awful, always yelling at people and telling you off most of the time, especially a tall guy, who was an absolute a**hole to me since the day I checked in, and I stayed there for two weeks! I can't believe the way some of them treated us, oh and my food (milk, cereal, etc) got stolen twice and some more thrown away without even asking! SO disappointed! I am NEVER coming back to that hostel ever again!!!

Although we had a water pipe crossing the bedroom walls, the room was cosy. Considering the price per night, we weren't expecting not having a private bathroom and not having breakfast included.

Cleanliness at the kitchen, doesnt exist.is supposed everyonehas a locker down the bed but not me.staff people was ok except one man bald and with glasses very impoliteand and disgusting.Thismake me rate that hostel in that way....and moreover there are members of the travelling comunity living there and their sons were shouting every morning and the bald man force us to go out of the kitchen in order notto awake them after the closed time.itdoesnt make sense.

This is a very good place to leave. The wifi works perfectly good! So does the hot water! The staff is very hospitable. There are several buses nearby to go to the airport. Considering some hostels donot have hot water supply all the time or do not have stable wifi, this is a great place to stay!

• 7th Nov 2014
  • China

Don't stay here!! you didn't get free breakfast, I was moved to a 16 person mixed dorm, and the 16 person had 1 bathroom for all of the people. Stay somewhere else.

• 6th Nov 2014

Great hostel! Very friendly staff, good space at the rooms, I love it!

Absence of plugs, there were only 2 for six beds and malfunctioning.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Spain

The German receptionist checked me in and he was great! I've forgotten his name but he even walked me over to show me the direction of my room. The bathroom was clean and tidy. My personal overhead lamp was broken but I didn't really need it. Smelled fine. Locations about 5 minutes from the sphere but right next to the bus and train station!

The hostel was clean and the staff was friendly, but there were small kids literally running and screaming in the mornings and in the evenings. Having families staying at the hostel and not much of a communal area killed the atmosphere.

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The managers were all so nice and available all the time and were SO helpful recommending tours and activities. The breakfast was wonderful and everyone there was great. Room was great, bathrooms clean and overall a great experience!

• 23rd Oct 2014

I was sent to a bedroom that I didn't book (had more beds than it should according to my booking). Very old bedrooms, toilet inside the room very cold and dirty. Bedrooms very narrow. I don't recommend this hostel at all.

This place is awful. On the day of the arrival I opened my case in the luggage room to get a coat because it was raining. The owner didn't like it so she yelled at me like crazy (¿?). That says a lot about their approach to customers. Apart from this, the rooms are in the basement. They are dark, dingy and air is lacking. Of course there are almost no sockets, no lockers, no breakfast, no social environment, nothing. Location is in the poor and dangerous part of the city. Desperate choice.

Hier finden sich etwa 3 Hotels und Hostels unter einem Dach. Der 24 Stunden Empfangsdienst ist ausgesprochen nett und hilfreich gewesen. Nur der Aufenthalt in der Lobby direkt hinterm Eingangsbereich wird durch nerviges Dauerpiepen bei jeder Türöffnung (bis die Tür wieder geschlossen wird) etwas unangenehm. Unser 8-Bett Dorm (R28) war das hinterste Zimmer im Untergeschoss. Entsprechend war es eher duster - was zum Schlafen ja sogar wünschenswert ist - ob mangelhafter Belüftung aber auch muffig.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Bad mattress, good staff, good breakfast.

• 27th Sep 2014

Nice, central hostel with friendly and helpful staff. We had a double room, which provided all we needed, even thought bath room cloud do a re-vamp one day. But it is a hostel, so we did not mind...

The hostel is part of a B&B and so it is the 'poor' side. Foreign staff may be sympathetic and even though there is a good atmosphere and the hostel rooms elegant with good beds, it is overcrowded. There is too little space to move, the bathrooms too small and too few and the hot water wasn't exactly hot. Moreover, you are made to feel that you are from the hostel side. Better off in an actual hostel where we're all equal.

Very nice Hostel with a great value for money. But if you take a double bed, you need to be very happy with your partner, 'cause the beds are quite narrow. Nevertheless, I would definitly stay there again. Breakfast is good and even if you don't like irish breakfast you'll find the bread or rhe yoghurt amazing.

• 24th Sep 2014

Friendly staff and excellent location. I made a very good friend while staying at the Globetrotters, met people from all over and got to know an amazing city. Overall a great first experience in Dublin!

• 17th Sep 2014