Globetrotters/The Townhouse Reviews

46/48 Lr Gardiner Street, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Bad mattress, good staff, good breakfast.

• 27th Sep 2014

Nice, central hostel with friendly and helpful staff. We had a double room, which provided all we needed, even thought bath room cloud do a re-vamp one day. But it is a hostel, so we did not mind...

The hostel is part of a B&B and so it is the 'poor' side. Foreign staff may be sympathetic and even though there is a good atmosphere and the hostel rooms elegant with good beds, it is overcrowded. There is too little space to move, the bathrooms too small and too few and the hot water wasn't exactly hot. Moreover, you are made to feel that you are from the hostel side. Better off in an actual hostel where we're all equal.

Very nice Hostel with a great value for money. But if you take a double bed, you need to be very happy with your partner, 'cause the beds are quite narrow. Nevertheless, I would definitly stay there again. Breakfast is good and even if you don't like irish breakfast you'll find the bread or rhe yoghurt amazing.

• 24th Sep 2014

Friendly staff and excellent location. I made a very good friend while staying at the Globetrotters, met people from all over and got to know an amazing city. Overall a great first experience in Dublin!

• 17th Sep 2014

Unfortunately not enough sockets, only three in a 12 bed room. Nevertheless very attractive outdoor area.

Location is good and beds are comfy. Kitchen facilities are a little chaotic and there wasn't much of an atmosphere unless you were interested in watching sports. breakfast definitely should be included. For Ireland, even Dublin, you can get better value for the price.

The place was nice. I staid a Couple different times and for the most part not too social. The internet was good. Not any conscientious plugs for charging electronics.

Very nice place to stay! Good breakfast and nice facilities. We would definitely stay there again.

Great location as it's super close to the city centre and temple bar. Rooms are small but good storage spaces. Facilities could be cleaner.

Can walk from the hostel to any part of the city you want. Dublin was so beautiful and would definitely return. The room was a bit small and my bunk's light didn't work. It wasn't too much of a problem anyways, and I really enjoyed it there.

The smiling faces of the staff was the first thing I noticed when I walked through the doors of globetrotters and throughout my week stay,staff were friendly and helpful. It was excellent value for money which means I can now have another jaunt with the money I saved. Breakfast was lovely and set me up for my days sightseeing.the location is excellent. I would definitely stay there again if I visit Dublin.

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Stayed in the townhouse part which was very pretty, the rooms were clean and the location was good which is all that really matters. Staff were also friendly and helpful, great value for money

• 31st Aug 2014

The man at the desk was the most welcoming gentlemen I've ever met. There is a nice outdoor section next to the kitchen which is nice for a meal and a drink and I guess you could meet people there but there wasn't too much of a vibe. The rooms also need a little aeration, but no major complaints.

Loved the stay here. Would definitely come back.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Hi, it had been a year since I had stayed at Globetrotters and it was just as great the second time round. I arrived last year in the middle of August, just moved over from Canada and stayed for just about 3 weeks. David, who helped me out then even remembered me when i came back with a years gap. I brought friends with me this time and they have been traveling for 2 weeks and said this was the cleanest and friendliest hostel yet. Thank you for helping my move start in the right direction!

• 27th Aug 2014

If there is included breakfast then my overall rating will be 100%

Pretty decent for location and value, what made the stay was the people.

Beautiful, comfortable hostel. Can't believe I got a room here for the price I did. Very friendly staff. Larger dorm room maintained privacy by walls dividing the room in two. Felt like I was sharing with seven people, not fifteen.

We booked a room female only and we ended up with a mixed dorm. The room was awful because it was so humid . It smelled really bad. They were no air in the bathroom that s why the ceiling was rotten ... !!! They were only a small window so still no air whatsover and the room itself was very small and in a basement. they finally give ys a room in a female dorm ecause we complained and this one was really nice so it s really you and your luck which is not acceptable... We won t come back

• 15th Aug 2014