Globetrotters/The Townhouse Reviews

46/48 Lr Gardiner Street, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Stayed for a night here and was so impressed with the rooms and the common areas which were fun and it was easy to locate around the corner from o'connell st. And the bathrooms were very clean and the staff were very helpful.

• 19th Apr 2014

Ok hostel that feels more like a B&B. We stayed in a private room with shared bathroom which was OK. The place is a little dated and very well used but its comfortable enough. I think its a little overpriced and although the location is quite convenient I would recommend staying south of the Liffey close to trinity college and St. Stephen's Green which is beautiful and more interesting.

The walls are VERY thin but otherwise this is a GREAT hostel! We had a private room with a shared bathroom and it was clean, we had our own sink in the room, the bed was comfortable, the location is excellent (close to O'Connell St and also the office where our tour bus left from), and they offered breakfast for cheap which we didn't partake in because we always had to leave before 7am. The only issue is that it's very easy to hear what's going on in other rooms.

• 2nd Apr 2014

There were dead insects in the room, no soap in the soap dispenser in the bathroom, and no paper towels either. The wondows were really greasy, the mattresses were very old, dirty and worn. The ceiling in the bathroom were suffering from serious water damage, amd when I had to shower, it took about 15 minutes before the water became warm.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Denmark

Staff very friendly, helpful and welcoming. Provided us with recommendations and showed us a map of the city and where everything was on arrival. Location is great; walking distance from everything. Room was comfortable and clean.

In a great location and staff really friendly. Would recommend! Only 2 plug sockets between 12 people though...

• 28th Mar 2014

Thank you for your feedback and as always a pleasure to serve. We are working on getting more sockets in the the multibed rooms and do welcome your feedback on this . Hope to see you back here with us sometime soon in the future.

It's a great Hostel, but compared to other accomodations I've stayed at over the years, it was quite expensive. We didn't have a chance to try breakfast or anything since we stayed for one night only and left very early for the airport. The Double Room ensuite was great, but the bathroom could use some thoroughly cleaning and a little restauration. But all in all it was sufficient for our purposes. What's really great is the bus stop just outside the Hostel that brings you to the airport.

Second time staying at hostel. Very nice and clean. Excellent location and wonderful staff.

The kitchen has not enough structure to support the number os people staying at the hostel. Also, not all the rooms were cleaned. It seemed like there is no schedule defined or there is a lack of attention during the cleanning process and some rooms were forgotten. Some of the receptionists are extremely polite and receptive, others are not so entusiastic. The price varies, but I classify it as very reasonable. The breakfast is complete, traditional and more than satisfactory.

• 20th Mar 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback. Just a note - the rooms are cleaned every day between 11 am (checkout) and 3 pm. Unless there is a do not disturb sign left by the guests the rooms are never forgotten and housekeeping staff have lists of thier floors and marked as they go. You are right - prices do vary throughout the year and in accordance with events going on throughout the year. Hope to see you back here again in the future

Our double bed room appeared more like a hotel than a hostel. The bathroom was shared, but very clean. The kitchen is a bit small, especially if more than a few people want to cook. The equipment and the cleanliness of the kitchen is a bit poor, I wouldn't touch the sponge or the towel for all the money in the world. The staff was very polite but not super friendly. The hostel itself has an amazing interior, comfy couches and many different areas to sit and to have some quiet time.

I stayed for one night in a single (about 50 euro) after St Patrick's Day... it was way more of a bed & breakfast than a hostel, so everything was very clean and organized. Good experience !

• 19th Mar 2014

The staff is very rude, everything looked nice but when the guy was talking in a bad manner to me I just left. never going again.

Over all I had a good time and meet some really great people, but it was a little walk from bars and I felt a little scared walking home by myself but I didn't have far to walk. Pretty dirty and limited facilities. But pretty good.

Notwithstanding it was Paddy's weekend and therefore high demand, we were disappointed in the quality of the room for the price. It was a 'themed' room, a Mills and Boon fantasy, or more of a nightmare?! The chairs had ripped fabric, which we wouldnt expect at that price; nor would we expect time-sensitive showers. The bed was the least comfortable of all those of 5 week trip. Charging for breakfast on top of the room also seemed rough. Good location.

The room was nice, clean, and spacious. The bed was very comfortable and the wifi connection was great- I had no issues connecting from my 4th floor room. No personal lockers in the rooms though, if you need that. But if you're travelling alone, it isn't a great place for meeting other travelers. People don't really seem to hang out here. Also the breakfast was delicious but it isn't included. Irish breakfast is 5-7 euro, depending on how many items you want.

Had a stay at St. Patrickks weekend. Its located in town center and has some friendly stuff. Irish Breakfast (5 Euros) was great. Just the cleanliness in the bathroom was very poor.

happy with my stay. Bit expensive as hostels go but it was paddys weekend. Kinlay house normally half d price but was unavailable. Beds here were a better quality and didnt feel as flimsy as beds in kinaly house. I would make a return visit

• 15th Mar 2014

Room I beneth the kitchen is noisy, would be nice if this could be solved. All other things are good!

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Belgium

Years ago breakfast was included. We do support breakfast included.

• 7th Mar 2014

Staying in a 12-person suite was complicated by the fact that there was only one bathroom. It was a large bathroom, but if anyone wanted to use the shower, the toilet, or the sink, we had to do it one at a time. It would have been nice to have had at least the sink in a separate area. Also, the "secure" options for storing computers, cameras, etc. were not incredibly secure. We didn't encounter any problems with this, but they definitely could have arisen.

• 28th Feb 2014