Globetrotters/The Townhouse Reviews

46/48 Lr Gardiner Street, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

I was put in a mixed dorm instead of the female dorm I booked, but other than that (snoring men) I had a pleasant stay. The wifi was absolutely great and the staff was friendly. Location is great, about a 5min walk from Dublin's city centre.

When I booked it I wanted a 4 beds femal only, but got into a mixed 8 bed room and I don't tink thats okay.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

We enjoyed our stay for its spacious rooms and cleanliness after we were in another hostel, not as good as this one. Breakfast costs 5€( student price ) but it worthes it since you get hot consistent meals. The staff at the reception is very comprehensive and never refrain from answering all your questions. You won't find a lot of students there as it s a bit more expensive than other hostels , located in the same street.

The only thing food could have been better

• 10th Jul 2014

It was all of our first time in Dublin and the our stay here was fantastic! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and showed us all the best ways to view Dublin in the short amount of time we stayed there. I have absolutely no complaints and would recomend this hostel to anyone.

• 9th Jul 2014

I was pleasantly surprised how clean and modern our twin room was! Our terrace looked out to a parking garage and the back side of the local pub. This didn't bother us but could for some people. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Location was very convenient since close by the central bus station. I would absolutely stay here again!

• 3rd Jul 2014

This was the first hostel on our trip and we were very impressed. The security was great, the staff was friendly, and the showers were hot! Only downfall was a bit of a smell but it was only in the hallway and not our room. We had a really positive experience!

Loved my stay. I would go back. Only problem if your room is on the 3rd floor, the water pressure isn't good and you may have to go down to the second floor for your shower. I did not have an unsuite room.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Overall, it was very clean (bedding, carpets), but there was a little mold on the bathroom ceiling, as the bathroom was not well ventilated. A pleasant stay. I arrived early and I was able to keep my backpack in a secured room until it was time to check in. The front desk personnel were very helpful and witty, to boot. Hot showers. There were 2 big drawers under the bottom bunk that you could lock away your items during the day. Wifi worked well. I will return here before my return flight .

Nude man leapt into our room and exposed himself to us

Really helpful guys at the front desk on arrival. Facilities all good, pretty average cleanliness in the bathrooms lower then what I would even expect for a hostel. Common room was pretty small, but comfortable. We booked a 8 person dorm for 3 of us, but were put in a 12 person dorm because there was a group doing a stag do in our 8 bed room. Unfortunately the 12 bed dorm was potentially even worse. This can't really be blamed on the hostel of course, but took away from our stay somewhat.

The staff service could be better, kitchen disgusting, smoking area too noisy until very late, people chatting can be heard from rooms, could not sleep. Very difficult to find, instruction are wrong. Every time I needed to get in the building I needed to ring the bell an show my card....no coming back to that hostel

Likes: friendly staff, a hearty and cheap breakfast, excellent location and a wonderful atmosphere. This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Dislikes: the only qualms I had was the security in the rooms - there is none. However if you give your luggage to the staff they'll secure it for you.

• 16th Jun 2014

A great place to stay in Dublin. I had very nice time. The location is super - in the city center and near the train station. Shops are very near to the hostel. No lockers in the room but the door is loocked all the time.

Only flaw was one of the rooms had only one bathroom for 12 beds.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in,

• 13th Jun 2014

The guy at the reception was very friendly! The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. I think it's a very good price for this accommodation, even if there's no breakfast and the kitchen isn't that clean...but I enjoyed my stay!

Poorest Hostel EVER!!!! The hostel did not RESERVE a room for me and they ask me to pay a different price as stated in hostel world. This is absolutely ridiculous. Staffs are rude and unhelpful. It seems there is some problem between the cooperation of the hostel and hostelworld. Me and my friends are being picked on by the staffs. When we enter the hostel, they only require us to show the keycard, not the others. Moreover,all the other bed were tidied up in my room, except my bed. WORST HOSTEL!

It was the perfect location the staff was incredibly friendly but try switched us to a different room, an 8 Ben rather than a 6 bed without asking and just told us you saved a few bucks but of course we already paid the deposit for the more expensive room so that didn't make sense to me and we should have been consulted. It could have been resolved but time is too precious when you are on vacation!

I have been staying at Globetrotters and then at the Townhouse for about twenty years, so I felt totally confident booking my family a room at the Townhouse for a quick recovery-stay after landing in Dublin and before heading for a vacation in Galway. In many ways I got exactly the superior experience I have always expected -- super-friendly and helpful staff and a lovely place to stay -- but I was sad that breakfast now costs extra and their wonderful oatmeal had disappeared.

• 31st May 2014