Globetrotters/The Townhouse Reviews

46/48 Lr Gardiner Street, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Very nice place to stay! Good breakfast and nice facilities. We would definitely stay there again.

Can walk from the hostel to any part of the city you want. Dublin was so beautiful and would definitely return. The room was a bit small and my bunk's light didn't work. It wasn't too much of a problem anyways, and I really enjoyed it there.

The smiling faces of the staff was the first thing I noticed when I walked through the doors of globetrotters and throughout my week stay,staff were friendly and helpful. It was excellent value for money which means I can now have another jaunt with the money I saved. Breakfast was lovely and set me up for my days sightseeing.the location is excellent. I would definitely stay there again if I visit Dublin.

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Stayed in the townhouse part which was very pretty, the rooms were clean and the location was good which is all that really matters. Staff were also friendly and helpful, great value for money

• 31st Aug 2014

The man at the desk was the most welcoming gentlemen I've ever met. There is a nice outdoor section next to the kitchen which is nice for a meal and a drink and I guess you could meet people there but there wasn't too much of a vibe. The rooms also need a little aeration, but no major complaints.

Loved the stay here. Would definitely come back.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Hi, it had been a year since I had stayed at Globetrotters and it was just as great the second time round. I arrived last year in the middle of August, just moved over from Canada and stayed for just about 3 weeks. David, who helped me out then even remembered me when i came back with a years gap. I brought friends with me this time and they have been traveling for 2 weeks and said this was the cleanest and friendliest hostel yet. Thank you for helping my move start in the right direction!

• 27th Aug 2014

Pretty decent for location and value, what made the stay was the people.

Beautiful, comfortable hostel. Can't believe I got a room here for the price I did. Very friendly staff. Larger dorm room maintained privacy by walls dividing the room in two. Felt like I was sharing with seven people, not fifteen.

We booked a room female only and we ended up with a mixed dorm. The room was awful because it was so humid . It smelled really bad. They were no air in the bathroom that s why the ceiling was rotten ... !!! They were only a small window so still no air whatsover and the room itself was very small and in a basement. they finally give ys a room in a female dorm ecause we complained and this one was really nice so it s really you and your luck which is not acceptable... We won t come back

• 15th Aug 2014

The beds were comfortable, it was close to the sites but quiet at night. Some of the interior decorations made us feel like we were in an 18th century mansion! The breakfast was mediocre but cheap, and it included eggs, meat, etc. for an actual breakfast, not just a wimpy continental. The staff helped us print out some tickets. The main drawback was that there were no lockers or cupboards in the rooms, but we didn't have anything stolen so it turned out fine. I'd definitely stay again.

Not a great atmosphere, and the guests didn't have much consideration for others. There were children screaming and running wild in the common area in the evening with no adults in charge. Rude dorm-mates came in and turned on the lights late at night while others were sleeping. The dorm bathroom didn't have enough toilet paper, the ceiling had visible mildew, and there was no mat on the floor so it was always wet. I was disappointed, didn't sleep well, and probably wouldn't come back.

Made to feel welcome from start to finish, always happy to assist, would happily visit again.

• 8th Aug 2014

Young staff at night was always nice and helpful. The 12 bed dorms are pretty filthy, and having an en-suite bathroom for 12 doesn't really cut it. Toilets should be outside and definitely there should be more of them, with separate showers. Also, lack of electricity sockets in the dorm, bedside lamps that are not there, stinky carpets... dorms need to be completely refurbished.

There were a lot of kids making noise in some rooms next to us and we couldnt sleep that night because of that. There was a big light outside our window that was really bright and the bathrooms were not that clean. Also the rooms were hot and humid. Nice staff, good atmosphere and good places to hang out there.

This was a nice hostel for the money.. The staff was very friendly and helpful and everything was clean. My only complaint was that we were placed in room L on the first floor and the walls are so thin we could hear everyone coming in and out at all hours. I'm afraid my bed was also very uncomfortable although they aren't all the same and some of my roommates had much softer mattresses. Also there were screaming children we could hear through the paper thin walls. Don't expect to sleep well here

• 4th Aug 2014

This was the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in. Beds were comfortable, staff were extraordinarily nice and accommodating, and location was great — close enough to city centre that it was easy to get to, but far enough away that noise wasn't an issue.

We booked a 8-bed dorm and we were placed in a 12-bed dorm. They told us it was full and our room wasn't full. Though still if you book for something that should be respected or from their side be honest and arrange the price depending on the rate for a 12-bed dorm.

Thank you!!

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Mexico

On arrival to the hostel we were greeted by 2 very friendly members of staff, who told us we were being upgraded from a 8 bed dorm to a double room. Myself and my friend were delighted with everything to do with this hostel and will most defiantly return. We stayed an hour after checkout in the beautiful garden relaxing before our journey home.... I would recommend this place to anyone!!!

• 26th Jul 2014