Globetrotters/The Townhouse Reviews

46/48 Lr Gardiner Street, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Pretty decent for location and value, what made the stay was the people.

Beautiful, comfortable hostel. Can't believe I got a room here for the price I did. Very friendly staff. Larger dorm room maintained privacy by walls dividing the room in two. Felt like I was sharing with seven people, not fifteen.

We booked a room female only and we ended up with a mixed dorm. The room was awful because it was so humid . It smelled really bad. They were no air in the bathroom that s why the ceiling was rotten ... !!! They were only a small window so still no air whatsover and the room itself was very small and in a basement. they finally give ys a room in a female dorm ecause we complained and this one was really nice so it s really you and your luck which is not acceptable... We won t come back

• 15th Aug 2014

The beds were comfortable, it was close to the sites but quiet at night. Some of the interior decorations made us feel like we were in an 18th century mansion! The breakfast was mediocre but cheap, and it included eggs, meat, etc. for an actual breakfast, not just a wimpy continental. The staff helped us print out some tickets. The main drawback was that there were no lockers or cupboards in the rooms, but we didn't have anything stolen so it turned out fine. I'd definitely stay again.

Not a great atmosphere, and the guests didn't have much consideration for others. There were children screaming and running wild in the common area in the evening with no adults in charge. Rude dorm-mates came in and turned on the lights late at night while others were sleeping. The dorm bathroom didn't have enough toilet paper, the ceiling had visible mildew, and there was no mat on the floor so it was always wet. I was disappointed, didn't sleep well, and probably wouldn't come back.

Made to feel welcome from start to finish, always happy to assist, would happily visit again.

• 8th Aug 2014

Young staff at night was always nice and helpful. The 12 bed dorms are pretty filthy, and having an en-suite bathroom for 12 doesn't really cut it. Toilets should be outside and definitely there should be more of them, with separate showers. Also, lack of electricity sockets in the dorm, bedside lamps that are not there, stinky carpets... dorms need to be completely refurbished.

There were a lot of kids making noise in some rooms next to us and we couldnt sleep that night because of that. There was a big light outside our window that was really bright and the bathrooms were not that clean. Also the rooms were hot and humid. Nice staff, good atmosphere and good places to hang out there.

This was a nice hostel for the money.. The staff was very friendly and helpful and everything was clean. My only complaint was that we were placed in room L on the first floor and the walls are so thin we could hear everyone coming in and out at all hours. I'm afraid my bed was also very uncomfortable although they aren't all the same and some of my roommates had much softer mattresses. Also there were screaming children we could hear through the paper thin walls. Don't expect to sleep well here

• 4th Aug 2014

This was the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in. Beds were comfortable, staff were extraordinarily nice and accommodating, and location was great — close enough to city centre that it was easy to get to, but far enough away that noise wasn't an issue.

We booked a 8-bed dorm and we were placed in a 12-bed dorm. They told us it was full and our room wasn't full. Though still if you book for something that should be respected or from their side be honest and arrange the price depending on the rate for a 12-bed dorm.

Thank you!!

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Mexico

On arrival to the hostel we were greeted by 2 very friendly members of staff, who told us we were being upgraded from a 8 bed dorm to a double room. Myself and my friend were delighted with everything to do with this hostel and will most defiantly return. We stayed an hour after checkout in the beautiful garden relaxing before our journey home.... I would recommend this place to anyone!!!

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

I was put in a mixed dorm instead of the female dorm I booked, but other than that (snoring men) I had a pleasant stay. The wifi was absolutely great and the staff was friendly. Location is great, about a 5min walk from Dublin's city centre.

When I booked it I wanted a 4 beds femal only, but got into a mixed 8 bed room and I don't tink thats okay.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

We enjoyed our stay for its spacious rooms and cleanliness after we were in another hostel, not as good as this one. Breakfast costs 5€( student price ) but it worthes it since you get hot consistent meals. The staff at the reception is very comprehensive and never refrain from answering all your questions. You won't find a lot of students there as it s a bit more expensive than other hostels , located in the same street.

The only thing food could have been better

• 10th Jul 2014

It was all of our first time in Dublin and the our stay here was fantastic! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and showed us all the best ways to view Dublin in the short amount of time we stayed there. I have absolutely no complaints and would recomend this hostel to anyone.

• 9th Jul 2014

I was pleasantly surprised how clean and modern our twin room was! Our terrace looked out to a parking garage and the back side of the local pub. This didn't bother us but could for some people. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Location was very convenient since close by the central bus station. I would absolutely stay here again!

• 3rd Jul 2014

This was the first hostel on our trip and we were very impressed. The security was great, the staff was friendly, and the showers were hot! Only downfall was a bit of a smell but it was only in the hallway and not our room. We had a really positive experience!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4