Globetrotters/The Townhouse Reviews

46/48 Lr Gardiner Street, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Really helpful guys at the front desk on arrival. Facilities all good, pretty average cleanliness in the bathrooms lower then what I would even expect for a hostel. Common room was pretty small, but comfortable. We booked a 8 person dorm for 3 of us, but were put in a 12 person dorm because there was a group doing a stag do in our 8 bed room. Unfortunately the 12 bed dorm was potentially even worse. This can't really be blamed on the hostel of course, but took away from our stay somewhat.

The staff service could be better, kitchen disgusting, smoking area too noisy until very late, people chatting can be heard from rooms, could not sleep. Very difficult to find, instruction are wrong. Every time I needed to get in the building I needed to ring the bell an show my card....no coming back to that hostel

Likes: friendly staff, a hearty and cheap breakfast, excellent location and a wonderful atmosphere. This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Dislikes: the only qualms I had was the security in the rooms - there is none. However if you give your luggage to the staff they'll secure it for you.

• 16th Jun 2014

A great place to stay in Dublin. I had very nice time. The location is super - in the city center and near the train station. Shops are very near to the hostel. No lockers in the room but the door is loocked all the time.

Only flaw was one of the rooms had only one bathroom for 12 beds.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in,

• 13th Jun 2014

The guy at the reception was very friendly! The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. I think it's a very good price for this accommodation, even if there's no breakfast and the kitchen isn't that clean...but I enjoyed my stay!

Poorest Hostel EVER!!!! The hostel did not RESERVE a room for me and they ask me to pay a different price as stated in hostel world. This is absolutely ridiculous. Staffs are rude and unhelpful. It seems there is some problem between the cooperation of the hostel and hostelworld. Me and my friends are being picked on by the staffs. When we enter the hostel, they only require us to show the keycard, not the others. Moreover,all the other bed were tidied up in my room, except my bed. WORST HOSTEL!

It was the perfect location the staff was incredibly friendly but try switched us to a different room, an 8 Ben rather than a 6 bed without asking and just told us you saved a few bucks but of course we already paid the deposit for the more expensive room so that didn't make sense to me and we should have been consulted. It could have been resolved but time is too precious when you are on vacation!

I have been staying at Globetrotters and then at the Townhouse for about twenty years, so I felt totally confident booking my family a room at the Townhouse for a quick recovery-stay after landing in Dublin and before heading for a vacation in Galway. In many ways I got exactly the superior experience I have always expected -- super-friendly and helpful staff and a lovely place to stay -- but I was sad that breakfast now costs extra and their wonderful oatmeal had disappeared.

• 31st May 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Almost everything here is great! Location is convenient and walkable to everywhere. Quite fortunate that people living in the same dorm are friendly and nice. The day trip offered at hostel is fun and easy to work out. The only thing I hope hostel could improve is that hope the water draining at the female bath could be better.

Great location,I loved the second hand bookshop just along Talbot street. Felt at home with tasteful furnishings,especially red roses on carpet!

• 25th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Really helpful team working at a great hostel.

• 24th May 2014

We enjoyed our stay at globetrotters!! The front desk assistants were so friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcomed. The room we stayed in was clean and comfortable and so was the bathroom. The breakfast served was delicious and reasonably priced. I highly recommend this place to anyone!

It is a good hostel & the Room is fairly spacious

The hostel is in the nice location but it is very noisy. If you get the room downstairs you can hear everything that is going on upstairs, especially at night.

• 19th May 2014
  • Poland

This place was great! the private rooms were great value for money, staff were really helpful, very clean and good facilities. Lovely place to stay :)

Nice place, clean, good location. No lockers in the room.

I arrived way before check in and they were able to not only get me into a room quickly, but they actually upgraded me to one that was a bit bigger and had an ensuite bathroom! Friendly staff, great advice and great location! I'll definitely come back.

Excellent location, just 5 minutes from the train station. The staff were very nice. The're was plenty of under bed storage for my things but no means of locking it. The bed was comfortable. There was a definite lack of plug outlets. Had to charge my stuff in the hallway. Stayed in a 12 person dorm, it was a bit expensive but it was weekend rates. Over all positive experience.

• 9th May 2014