Globetrotters/The Townhouse Reviews

46/48 Lr Gardiner Street, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Firstly there are NOT even one power point in the room even in this day and age, and this really put me off completely. When I checked in and asked if there is any power point in the room the staff avoided giving any answer and asked me to check in first. Although they said they will refund the money for any dissatisfaction, they refused to refund me if I moved out. There are no sign and directions e.g the emergency door at the entrance , direction to the kitchen etc

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • Singapore

Thanks for your feedback but I want to at least correct you on a few things you pointed out that are not correct. Firstly we do not avoid questions - we answer openly and if you happen to ask the question before checking in we will answer you there and then. We do have a 24 hour cancellation policy and this is what we told you, not refuse to refund you. And the most serious accusation you made - THERE ARE EMERGENCY SIGNS ON ALL EMERGENCY DOORS - TO SAY THERE ARE NOT IS SIMPY WRONG.

Top. We arrive early in the day and we could receive our room. Great Welcome. A place to recomend.

• 19th Feb 2014
  • Belgium

I really liked this hostel. Big room, nice bed, clean, the staff was extremely helpful, explained me what to do, even booked day tours for me.They really care about you. The only thing I didn't like was our room was super cold, it seemed like the heaters weren't working.. but besides from that, everything was perfect! thanks! I loved Ireland!

This is the place you want stay to explore Dublin. Any event in town will likely bring all sorts of people to stay in this hostel. Everyone that I met in my dorm was fantastically warm and welcoming. I had no troubles getting to sleep or security of my things. Globetrotters/The Townhouse has an on-site breakfast dinner that serves amazing food when preparing to go out and plan your adventure throughout Ireland or Dublin. The staff here are excellent in service for all guests!

• 7th Feb 2014

Very nice comfortable place.staff are amazingly friendly and helpful at all times.rooms are spacious and comfy. Was like a cosy hotel! The atmosphere had an Olden day feel to it which was beautiful. Brekkie room was decorated beautifully as well. All ameneties for a perfect stay. Highly reccommended!

The hostel / bed & breakfast has a good location and friendly staff. We got an upgrade to an ensuite bathroom, instead of a shared one. The interior looks good, and the rooms have all facilities you may need. The reception contains plenty of leaflets to select a tour to sights in or around Dublin, or to sign up for a pub crawl. It's not a party hostel, but certainly a perfect place to stay while you are in Dublin.

Thanks for your lovely comments. There are so many great tours in and around Dublin, it is a pleasure offering advise on where to go. Hope to see you back here sometime in the future.

The room has a strong smell of new paint, so we have to let the window open for whole night. If I have arrived earlier, I would ask to switch room. Also the bed is too soft, not very comfortable.

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • China

Very busy, great if your looking for a crowded hostel experience, lots of events and activities.

The bathroom in Dormitory C needs to be fixed so it can close. Because it couldn't close, the dorm was freezing.

Hostel was just as expected decent and good value for money! clean too! staff superb, craic was brilliant!

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Northern Ireland

We only stayed for the night. Were really there except to sleep so it worked out perfectly for us. It was pretty clean and quiet if thats what you are going for. I like a hostel with more of a friendly/party vibe and this is not it. Hardly anyone would talk or make conversation with me. And they have drawers under the beds but they don't have locks on them. Overall, was a great place to catch some zzz's but not if you're looking for more.

Aside from the giant red stain on the bottom of my mattress, the time spent was fine.

Wonderful stay. Staff were warm and friendly, very helpful. shower was cold :-( however I had the best nights sleep in the comfiest bed I had had in a week. Breakfast no longer included in hostel price but at 5 euro for as much as you could eat, well worth it. (not a complaint just sharing info for those on a budget) Airport bus 747 stops just outside. PERFECT.

1 2 Next » last »