Globetrotters/The Townhouse Reviews

46/48 Lr Gardiner Street, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Poorest Hostel EVER!!!! The hostel did not RESERVE a room for me and they ask me to pay a different price as stated in hostel world. This is absolutely ridiculous. Staffs are rude and unhelpful. It seems there is some problem between the cooperation of the hostel and hostelworld. Me and my friends are being picked on by the staffs. When we enter the hostel, they only require us to show the keycard, not the others. Moreover,all the other bed were tidied up in my room, except my bed. WORST HOSTEL!

It was the perfect location the staff was incredibly friendly but try switched us to a different room, an 8 Ben rather than a 6 bed without asking and just told us you saved a few bucks but of course we already paid the deposit for the more expensive room so that didn't make sense to me and we should have been consulted. It could have been resolved but time is too precious when you are on vacation!

I have been staying at Globetrotters and then at the Townhouse for about twenty years, so I felt totally confident booking my family a room at the Townhouse for a quick recovery-stay after landing in Dublin and before heading for a vacation in Galway. In many ways I got exactly the superior experience I have always expected -- super-friendly and helpful staff and a lovely place to stay -- but I was sad that breakfast now costs extra and their wonderful oatmeal had disappeared.

• 31st May 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Almost everything here is great! Location is convenient and walkable to everywhere. Quite fortunate that people living in the same dorm are friendly and nice. The day trip offered at hostel is fun and easy to work out. The only thing I hope hostel could improve is that hope the water draining at the female bath could be better.

Great location,I loved the second hand bookshop just along Talbot street. Felt at home with tasteful furnishings,especially red roses on carpet!

• 25th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Really helpful team working at a great hostel.

• 24th May 2014

We enjoyed our stay at globetrotters!! The front desk assistants were so friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcomed. The room we stayed in was clean and comfortable and so was the bathroom. The breakfast served was delicious and reasonably priced. I highly recommend this place to anyone!

It is a good hostel & the Room is fairly spacious

The hostel is in the nice location but it is very noisy. If you get the room downstairs you can hear everything that is going on upstairs, especially at night.

• 19th May 2014
  • Poland

This place was great! the private rooms were great value for money, staff were really helpful, very clean and good facilities. Lovely place to stay :)

Nice place, clean, good location. No lockers in the room.

I arrived way before check in and they were able to not only get me into a room quickly, but they actually upgraded me to one that was a bit bigger and had an ensuite bathroom! Friendly staff, great advice and great location! I'll definitely come back.

Excellent location, just 5 minutes from the train station. The staff were very nice. The're was plenty of under bed storage for my things but no means of locking it. The bed was comfortable. There was a definite lack of plug outlets. Had to charge my stuff in the hallway. Stayed in a 12 person dorm, it was a bit expensive but it was weekend rates. Over all positive experience.

• 9th May 2014

The kitchen was a NIGHTMARE. It is completely guests maintained with no supervision of any kind from management. All 3 fridges smelled like rotten milk, the trash can was overflowing, there were stacks of dirty dishes that had rotting food on them, the toasters and microwave didn't work, and a lot of left over rotting food from previous guests. They offer a full Irish breakfast included with your stay, but because we booked through hostelworld, it cost us 5 euro each.

Lower Gardiner Street is a lovely historical street, and the hostel is brillant. I've used it a few times. Its location is convenient to a lot of things, but a couple of streets around it might be unsafe to walk, on your own after midnight.

Excellent value for money!

Stayed for a night here and was so impressed with the rooms and the common areas which were fun and it was easy to locate around the corner from o'connell st. And the bathrooms were very clean and the staff were very helpful.

Ok hostel that feels more like a B&B. We stayed in a private room with shared bathroom which was OK. The place is a little dated and very well used but its comfortable enough. I think its a little overpriced and although the location is quite convenient I would recommend staying south of the Liffey close to trinity college and St. Stephen's Green which is beautiful and more interesting.

The walls are VERY thin but otherwise this is a GREAT hostel! We had a private room with a shared bathroom and it was clean, we had our own sink in the room, the bed was comfortable, the location is excellent (close to O'Connell St and also the office where our tour bus left from), and they offered breakfast for cheap which we didn't partake in because we always had to leave before 7am. The only issue is that it's very easy to hear what's going on in other rooms.

• 2nd Apr 2014

There were dead insects in the room, no soap in the soap dispenser in the bathroom, and no paper towels either. The wondows were really greasy, the mattresses were very old, dirty and worn. The ceiling in the bathroom were suffering from serious water damage, amd when I had to shower, it took about 15 minutes before the water became warm.

• 29th Mar 2014