Globetrotters/The Townhouse Reviews

46/48 Lr Gardiner Street, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

I arrived way before check in and they were able to not only get me into a room quickly, but they actually upgraded me to one that was a bit bigger and had an ensuite bathroom! Friendly staff, great advice and great location! I'll definitely come back.

Excellent location, just 5 minutes from the train station. The staff were very nice. The're was plenty of under bed storage for my things but no means of locking it. The bed was comfortable. There was a definite lack of plug outlets. Had to charge my stuff in the hallway. Stayed in a 12 person dorm, it was a bit expensive but it was weekend rates. Over all positive experience.

• 9th May 2014

The kitchen was a NIGHTMARE. It is completely guests maintained with no supervision of any kind from management. All 3 fridges smelled like rotten milk, the trash can was overflowing, there were stacks of dirty dishes that had rotting food on them, the toasters and microwave didn't work, and a lot of left over rotting food from previous guests. They offer a full Irish breakfast included with your stay, but because we booked through hostelworld, it cost us 5 euro each.

Lower Gardiner Street is a lovely historical street, and the hostel is brillant. I've used it a few times. Its location is convenient to a lot of things, but a couple of streets around it might be unsafe to walk, on your own after midnight.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »