Glow Worm Cottages Reviews

27 Cron Street, Franz Josef, Franz Josef, New Zealand

WiFi unlimited yet unable to use in the room

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

I have to say this is my favorite hostel I've ever been to. At low prices you get a clean, luxurious place to stay with all kinds of additional perks; such as breakfast and dinner every night, a hot tub, free tours, and much more. The people in this whole town create a warm feeling of hospitality that makes you not want to leave. You have to stop by and experience this place for yourself.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

we had a wonderful stay, friendly and accommodating staff, clean and comfy. Beautiful surrounding snowy mountains and bush.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Really great place. Friendly, helpful staff and great atmosphere. Free breakfast, free soup at 6pm (very welcome when on a budget!) and free WiFi throughout the place. Also theres a hot tub, although I didn't use it, but still, pretty cool!

Nice hostel right in the middle of everything. Hot tub was nice and the veggie soup good!

When we arrived, our booking could not be located even though we paid a deposit so unfortunately they were unable to accommodate us as they were fully booked which was really disappointing. As a result I had to put very poor for most aspects of this hostel.

Stayed here for 3 nights in a four bed dorm. Good lay out, bathroom in the room and a sink, fridge and kettle came in really handy for storing food etc. Staff are really friendly and helpful. Popcorn machine and soup are a bonus. The hot tub was a little stinky but I think the water just needed a change when we were there. Nice for after hikes though. Overall lovely hostel with a good vibe!

Beds need replacing as I was forced to sleep in the same position because it had been broken by a previous occupant. Lock on sliding door was temperamental and sometimes did not lock. Hostel is in need of an overhaul and upgrade of some facilities. Now the good news. The staff were excellent and friendly. The location was also excellent, a 2 minute walk to all the major activities and booking centres.