Glow Worm Cottages Reviews

27 Cron Street, Franz Josef, Franz Josef, New Zealand

Have thoroughly enjoyed our 6 nights stay at glow worm. The staff are AMAZING! They have made our stay an unforgettable experience. Benjamin the entertainment organizer couldn't be nicer, teaching us how to make sushi, taking us out on tours an giving us chocolate fountain :) can't recommend this hostel more! If coming to franz Josef (we were on the kiwi bus!) definitely stay here!

• 30th Jul 2014

Very friendly accomdating staff, thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Probably the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The spa was wonderful. Would have stayed longer if had more time. Also the other backpackers were friendly, the veggie soup and free breakfast was a wonderful addition. The wifi was a little hit and miss, but I was told that they were working on fixing that. Could not have been happier.

Great value place to stay!! Wifi was a bit dodgy & only worked in the communal areas, not in your room and the spa was so hot we couldn't stand it for more than 5-10 mins but otherwise, it was excellent value with great communal kitchen & soup served daily. Staff were very friendly & helpful.

One of the best hostels I've ever been to! Great free breakfast, great homemade soup in the evenings, amazing rooms and facilities, with truly lovely staff to top it all off! Jo is doing a fabulous job making this place homely. WiFi was a bit temperamental but they were in the process of fixing! I hope to be back someday!!

WiFi unlimited yet unable to use in the room

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

I have to say this is my favorite hostel I've ever been to. At low prices you get a clean, luxurious place to stay with all kinds of additional perks; such as breakfast and dinner every night, a hot tub, free tours, and much more. The people in this whole town create a warm feeling of hospitality that makes you not want to leave. You have to stop by and experience this place for yourself.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

we had a wonderful stay, friendly and accommodating staff, clean and comfy. Beautiful surrounding snowy mountains and bush.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Really great place. Friendly, helpful staff and great atmosphere. Free breakfast, free soup at 6pm (very welcome when on a budget!) and free WiFi throughout the place. Also theres a hot tub, although I didn't use it, but still, pretty cool!

Nice hostel right in the middle of everything. Hot tub was nice and the veggie soup good!