Glow Worm Cottages Reviews

27 Cron Street, Franz Josef, Franz Josef, New Zealand

Great location. Walking distance from everything. The highlight for us was the staff. They were all so friendly and helpful. Even arranged for our car to be jumped when it died! Would stay here again!

• 15th Jan 2015

My favourite hostel on the South Island!! Pudding is delicious, hot tub is always warm and the place was always clean and friendly! Absolutely loved my stay here

Rooms a bit cramped and too few bathrooms.

They have free soup, free internet, a nice atmosphere. It was a good hostel to spend a few days!

The Glow Worm is a great place to stay. Jo and Heidi were incredibly hospitable.

I had a few problems with the free unlimited wifi which was very slow, kept telling me it was limited and dropping out when I was in the middle of things. The staff did try to fix the problem for me and its possible that it had more to do with the location of the town than anything else.

Very relaxed place to be!!

A great hostel set up in a motel. The staff was extremely helpful when one of our group members became sick. They not only helped us set up a doctors appointment, but moved our room from a dorm to a private room so the person could rest better. Really helpful and it made our stay in Franz Josef that much better!!!

There's zero space in the bathroom- don't expect to leave your toothpaste on the sink. Shower is so small w just a curtain between you and the sink & toilet. In poor countries, this would be normal...but not for over $40 a night! This is the most expensive place I've ever stayed w/the oldest, worn out and cheaply done setting I've ever been in. I didn't even use the blanket because it didn't look like they washed every time. The staff is thoughtful but not even guests are particularly friendly.

nice hostel

Good, clean cottages with a nice little kitchen area and ensuite bathroom. Good effort on the free, unlimited wifi (although it didn't always work). We were there for Christmas morning, really appreciated the nice Christmas breakfast the staff had prepared. Nice, large common room with a good kitchen and plenty of games to keep us amused. Enjoyed the chairs and swings outside each of the cottages, great for relaxing at the end of a day. And there was parking too.

Very nice hostel. The vegetable soup in the evening was great.

Good clean hostel. Deluxe dorm rooms are very good and the bunk beds are very sturdy. Good friendly atmosphere in the lounge areas and a great place to stay for a few days.

awesome hostel, easy to meet people, hot tub, free popcorn and evening soup

great hostel, great staff and i met a good group of people at the time. probally my favorite hostel travelling new zealand

• 3rd Dec 2014

Plenty of bathrooms, great view, and nice atmosphere.

• 2nd Dec 2014

Really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were super nice and friendly!

I liked the style of the rooms. Thanks for putting effort into making it so nice!

Nice little hostel, good common room/kitchen. Friendly staff.

It was pretty cold in the room and one window didn't close properly. The heating wasn't sufficient. Free breakfast and soup was good. Free wifi didn't work well.