Glow Worm Cottages Reviews

27 Cron Street, Franz Josef, Franz Josef, New Zealand

Fantastic hostel unlimited free wifi, free breakfast, free popcorn, hot tub is great, beds are very good. lots of charging points in the rooms. plenty of parking. excellent place to stay

Difficult 2 find way around site. Expected 2 read detailed map at end long journey. Felt catered 2 youngood people who are more familiar with this setup. Only 2 of every thing supplied e g spoons cups etc. Bad value for money. Nowhere to put clothes.

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The kitchen is not too impressive, but except from that this is a fantastic hostel, feels like home.

Wifi wasn't working for my whole stay but that is the only negative. Very helpful reception staff, free breakfast (yes free!!) and free soup at 6pm. Really good little hostel :)

I liked that our dorm room had a tv and a mini fridge and a big kitchen sink outside of the bathroom. The free soup every evening is WONDERFUL. The wifi connection isn't great but that's not new in rural New Zealand.

Lovely hostel and cozy ensuite dorms with own bathrooms and small kitchen. Free breakfast was top! In our dorm there had been some flooding and the carpeting was wet for a while. Free internet did not work.

Perfect hostel with a good range of rooms to suit all. Kept very clean and staff were excellent, free wifi, free tour, free breakfast and a hot tub to top it all off. Highly recommend

Absolutely brilliant hostel. Jo the manager is fantastic. Really makes you feel at home and does everything she can to help and makes sure you enjoy your stay. Not only does she light roaring log fires when it's cold and raining outside but there's hot soup in the evenings (even had doughnuts one day), popcorn and free breakfast all included. I had problems with my tour operator Kiwi Experience and Jo went out of her way to help. Her staff are also excellent. I'd definitely recommend this hostel

No pooltable

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Great location. Walking distance from everything. The highlight for us was the staff. They were all so friendly and helpful. Even arranged for our car to be jumped when it died! Would stay here again!

• 15th Jan 2015

Typical hostel, nothing extra, except free popcorn. Backside of town, but no long distances to anything.

My favourite hostel on the South Island!! Pudding is delicious, hot tub is always warm and the place was always clean and friendly! Absolutely loved my stay here

Rooms a bit cramped and too few bathrooms.

They have free soup, free internet, a nice atmosphere. It was a good hostel to spend a few days!

The Glow Worm is a great place to stay. Jo and Heidi were incredibly hospitable.

I had a few problems with the free unlimited wifi which was very slow, kept telling me it was limited and dropping out when I was in the middle of things. The staff did try to fix the problem for me and its possible that it had more to do with the location of the town than anything else.

Very relaxed place to be!!

A great hostel set up in a motel. The staff was extremely helpful when one of our group members became sick. They not only helped us set up a doctors appointment, but moved our room from a dorm to a private room so the person could rest better. Really helpful and it made our stay in Franz Josef that much better!!!

There's zero space in the bathroom- don't expect to leave your toothpaste on the sink. Shower is so small w just a curtain between you and the sink & toilet. In poor countries, this would be normal...but not for over $40 a night! This is the most expensive place I've ever stayed w/the oldest, worn out and cheaply done setting I've ever been in. I didn't even use the blanket because it didn't look like they washed every time. The staff is thoughtful but not even guests are particularly friendly.

nice hostel