Glow Worm Cottages Reviews

27 Cron Street, Franz Josef, Franz Josef, New Zealand

It was pretty cold in the room and one window didn't close properly. The heating wasn't sufficient. Free breakfast and soup was good. Free wifi didn't work well.

Awesome stay. Felicity the receptionst was the best! She took us out on a free stargazing tour one night and even tried to help me find some lost property of mine. 5/5.

• 16th Nov 2014

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in in New Zealand. Great atmosphere, cosy tv room with blankets, free popcorn and soup.. You get the feeling you're being looked after a bit more than most hostels. The staff were amazing, I had a friend who had some bad news while we were there and they couldn't have been kinder or more accommodating under circumstances. Thankyou, it was really appreciated. Would recommend anyone stay there!

Wifi disappears sometimes loud heater otherwise excellent

Awesome staff, nice service. Really worth the money, room was clean, atmosphere really friendly. Location is perfect, close to the hot pools and franz josef glacier.

Breakfast included and every day soup for free. A really good place to stay.

Stay here. I had a great time. They made an effort to schedule activities and helped make sure everyone had a great time.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at, mainly because of the staff! They are so welcoming and really make you feel at home. They do their best to make sure you have an amazing time in Franz Josef with a ton of great deals. The place was very clean, free unlimited wifi, and nice rooms.

Good hostel, good location, solid facilities. Mix up regarding the dorm rooms, got downgraded for the first night, staff not overly friendly regarding room changes. Was resolved with staff who apologised and offered tips for the following days travel, but tips were not necessarily accurate. Overall, would stay again but would email/call/not book with HostelWorld to ensure the correct room type.

Have thoroughly enjoyed our 6 nights stay at glow worm. The staff are AMAZING! They have made our stay an unforgettable experience. Benjamin the entertainment organizer couldn't be nicer, teaching us how to make sushi, taking us out on tours an giving us chocolate fountain :) can't recommend this hostel more! If coming to franz Josef (we were on the kiwi bus!) definitely stay here!

• 30th Jul 2014

Very friendly accomdating staff, thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Probably the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The spa was wonderful. Would have stayed longer if had more time. Also the other backpackers were friendly, the veggie soup and free breakfast was a wonderful addition. The wifi was a little hit and miss, but I was told that they were working on fixing that. Could not have been happier.

Great value place to stay!! Wifi was a bit dodgy & only worked in the communal areas, not in your room and the spa was so hot we couldn't stand it for more than 5-10 mins but otherwise, it was excellent value with great communal kitchen & soup served daily. Staff were very friendly & helpful.

One of the best hostels I've ever been to! Great free breakfast, great homemade soup in the evenings, amazing rooms and facilities, with truly lovely staff to top it all off! Jo is doing a fabulous job making this place homely. WiFi was a bit temperamental but they were in the process of fixing! I hope to be back someday!!

WiFi unlimited yet unable to use in the room

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

I have to say this is my favorite hostel I've ever been to. At low prices you get a clean, luxurious place to stay with all kinds of additional perks; such as breakfast and dinner every night, a hot tub, free tours, and much more. The people in this whole town create a warm feeling of hospitality that makes you not want to leave. You have to stop by and experience this place for yourself.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

we had a wonderful stay, friendly and accommodating staff, clean and comfy. Beautiful surrounding snowy mountains and bush.

• 5th Jul 2014