Goat Hostel Reviews

Vamhaz korut 15, 1st floor, 8, Budapest, Hungary

Really great! Near the beautiful seaside

• 11th Apr 2014

Everything was great.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

Fantastic hostel! First floor of a lovely old building; we paid a minimal amount for a double room that was much larger than we were expecting! Great location next to the grand market and the river, able to walk to most of the sites and very good public transport connections. Also great advice from the very friendly staff as to local restaurants etc - we had excellent meals every night! Wholeheartedly recommend :)

• 7th Apr 2014

We only stayed on night but it was great for what we paid. Steve was very nice and so helpful. You can tell he cares about everyone that stays there. Our bed room could lock from the outside but not the inside, so we couldn't lock it at night. Even with this I still felt safe.

The only unconvenient thing was that there were 2 bathroom and 2 shower room. So in the morning it could be busy, if there are lots of people. Except this, everthing is awesome. really kind and helpful staffs. I've never met kind staffs like them. And this is not big hostel. so you can feel like home if exaggerated. This is gorgeous. If I go Budapest again, absolutely I will choose this hostel.

Excellent stay with the Goat hotel: the staff was really helpful in organising our visit in Budapest

• 22nd Mar 2014

We just can't complain!! I LOVED Goat Hostel!! It's literally the cutest, most-hommie-feel hostels ever!! The manager Steve was super friendly and helpful in showing us things we need to know. He always offered making coffee and latte for us :) The bed was comfy, bathroom and kitchen are always clean. The living room is amazing!!! We hang out there for dinner both the nights we stayed! We had wine and talked with other travelers and Steve! Amazing stay!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Vietnam

Gabriel and Steve were really helpful and it made me feel welcomed in the hostel. They even helped me to find the cheapest way to get to my next destination (vienna). The location of this hostel is good too... just next to central market :)

Excellent small, quiet hostel. The guys who work here are incredibly friendly and helpful. Free towel/wifi/computers/breakfast/coffee with laundry option and comfortable beds is all I really look for in a hostel. The quiet location directly next to tram and subway lines as well as being within walking distance to most main attractions of the city made this place exceed my expectations. They also have a large common space, which I did not use much, but it would be a great place to hang out.

• 7th Mar 2014

한인민박수준이라는 말 듣던대로 정말 한국인이 거의 다였구요 스텝 스티브랑 가보르 너무 친절하고 착해서 좋았어요 가격도너무싸고 아침에 빵이랑 시리얼도 먹을 수 있어서 참 좋았어요 ^^ 뉴거티역에서 지하철로 칼빈티르에서 내려서 교회 보이는 쪽으로 직진해서 가면 은행이 나오는 건물이 있을텐데 좀 더 가면 철문이 있어요 지나칠수 있으니까 갈색문이 보이면 무조건 다가가서 확인하세요 고트호스텔이라 적혀있는지 쉽게 찾을수 있을거에요

• 7th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

I were very happy to stay at Goat Hostel. I miss it now!!!

• 4th Mar 2014
  • Denmark

Provided breakfast of toast, and cereal as well as coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. The tea and coffee were available when ever you wanted which was nice. They also had a small kitchen area if you want to cook food. The staff were super nice!

• 21st Feb 2014

Best hostel in Budapest and I have stayed many

가격 싸고 친절하고 위치도 대박 대부분 한국인 여행객 아쉬운점은 약~간 낡음

• 11th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

The staffs are very very kind.

• 10th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

This is a great hostel located just by the Market Hall and Green Bridge. Easy access to Gellert and stunning views of the Danube river and over looking Pest. The staff are brilliant, friendly and super helpful. Thank you Evie and Steve for all your recommendations and assistance. Aside from the creeky wooden floorboards this is a great hostel!

• 3rd Jan 2014

Our stay was great! The beds are super comfortable and its a great location, you can easily walk to all the main sights. Nice common room. The staff is what really makes this hostel great, everyone was super friendly and really helpful! They can even make you a nice latte in the morning if you want. Would definitely recommend a stay here.

• 29th Dec 2013

Excellent staffs. We had a great time in the hostel. Little bit old furnitures but they were perfectly appropriate for the journey. That was all I needed.

Goat hostel is one of the best. The staff is great - friendly, kind and helpful. There are just two disadvangates: the noisy street and the creaky floorboards. Even though we enjoyed our stay a lot. If we go back to Budapest, we will definitely stay there again.

It was a very nice discover in Budapest, located 50 meters from the metro and a tram line, anyway the center of the city is 10-15 minutes away walking. The room was clean and the staff very friendly. I will definitely come back.