Goat Hostel Reviews

Vamhaz korut 15, 1st floor, 8, Budapest, Hungary

I enjoy staying at this hostel. I was kind of worried when I first find out about the building but just after I met the staff, I found that it was actually a great hostel. The staffs were really friendly and helpful, they could even prepare you a delicious cofee in the morning!

The Hostel is a great deal.100%. Perfect location: very near the blue line metro station, which you can get from bus stop 200E to city center.Great staff: they are very helpful, always been nice and polite. They can provide you with all the informations regading good places to visit, how to get there and others things. Comfort and safe place to stay: The hostel is simple, but very cleaning, cozy and relaxing place. Even with the noise from main street outside it was not a problem to sleep.

freaking awesome !!!!

great location, helpful stuff, good coffe

Goat Hostel is simple, but for the budget traveller it's a good place. It's really noisy because everything creaks: beds, floor, doors, so if someone comes back late, everyone wakes up. Though the worst thing was the pillow, first it looked like the pillowcase was stuffed with rubbish, it's just so old and well used. But the staff is really great and welcoming, good internet, clean bathrooms and location is awesome! You'll need to bring your personal lock to be able to secure your staff.

Very cozzy, and great staff, enjoyed it a looooooot ^_^

This is really nice hostel. the best staffs I've ever seen.

Goat is very nice hostel , especially staffs are perfect . Hostel is well-located , close to touristic attractions , you can walk everywhere from hostel . Breakfast is simple but there is free tea-coffee facilities all day . Strongly recomended hostel in Budapest.

The staff was great, friendly..great guys all of them. Great location, everything was clean...recommended!!

Really great! Near the beautiful seaside

• 11th Apr 2014

Everything was great.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

Fantastic hostel! First floor of a lovely old building; we paid a minimal amount for a double room that was much larger than we were expecting! Great location next to the grand market and the river, able to walk to most of the sites and very good public transport connections. Also great advice from the very friendly staff as to local restaurants etc - we had excellent meals every night! Wholeheartedly recommend :)

• 7th Apr 2014

We only stayed on night but it was great for what we paid. Steve was very nice and so helpful. You can tell he cares about everyone that stays there. Our bed room could lock from the outside but not the inside, so we couldn't lock it at night. Even with this I still felt safe.

We really appreciated how helpful and thoughtful the staff were. We also really enjoyed the free breakfast. This is a perfect hostel if you want to be in a good location, yet don't want to be at a crazy wild party hostel. It was quite small, but it was perfect to come back to after a busy day/night in Budapest.

The only unconvenient thing was that there were 2 bathroom and 2 shower room. So in the morning it could be busy, if there are lots of people. Except this, everthing is awesome. really kind and helpful staffs. I've never met kind staffs like them. And this is not big hostel. so you can feel like home if exaggerated. This is gorgeous. If I go Budapest again, absolutely I will choose this hostel.

Excellent stay with the Goat hotel: the staff was really helpful in organising our visit in Budapest

• 22nd Mar 2014

We just can't complain!! I LOVED Goat Hostel!! It's literally the cutest, most-hommie-feel hostels ever!! The manager Steve was super friendly and helpful in showing us things we need to know. He always offered making coffee and latte for us :) The bed was comfy, bathroom and kitchen are always clean. The living room is amazing!!! We hang out there for dinner both the nights we stayed! We had wine and talked with other travelers and Steve! Amazing stay!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Vietnam

Gabriel and Steve were really helpful and it made me feel welcomed in the hostel. They even helped me to find the cheapest way to get to my next destination (vienna). The location of this hostel is good too... just next to central market :)

Excellent small, quiet hostel. The guys who work here are incredibly friendly and helpful. Free towel/wifi/computers/breakfast/coffee with laundry option and comfortable beds is all I really look for in a hostel. The quiet location directly next to tram and subway lines as well as being within walking distance to most main attractions of the city made this place exceed my expectations. They also have a large common space, which I did not use much, but it would be a great place to hang out.

• 7th Mar 2014

한인민박수준이라는 말 듣던대로 정말 한국인이 거의 다였구요 스텝 스티브랑 가보르 너무 친절하고 착해서 좋았어요 가격도너무싸고 아침에 빵이랑 시리얼도 먹을 수 있어서 참 좋았어요 ^^ 뉴거티역에서 지하철로 칼빈티르에서 내려서 교회 보이는 쪽으로 직진해서 가면 은행이 나오는 건물이 있을텐데 좀 더 가면 철문이 있어요 지나칠수 있으니까 갈색문이 보이면 무조건 다가가서 확인하세요 고트호스텔이라 적혀있는지 쉽게 찾을수 있을거에요