Godzillas Hostel Reviews

Bolshoi Karetnyy 6, Moscow, Russia

Perfect stay :)

Very helpful staff, nice clean hostel and easy to get to via train.

A great hostel, one of the best I have stayed in. The hostel is very clean and when we stayed, there were plenty of interesting fellow backpackers to chat to in the common room. The location is great and the staff were very friendly. Its very easy to get to from the metro, and there are a few good bars and eateries nearby. Very highly recommended for a short stay in Moscow!!

Godzillas Hostel is worth the stay! Excellent staff who speak fluent English.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

You can't pay with credit card, only cash (roubles).

It's a hotel not a hostel. No friendly environment of travellers meeting. The staff didn't try to make it accommodating.

• 24th Aug 2014

I dont know why this hostel has so many good reviews. There is absolutely NO atmophere for travelers. Except Svetlana, staff is not friendly or nice. The manager doesnt care about us, maybe he is just interested in his money. nha

Staff was not meeting my requests. I tried repeatedly to book a night in a 4 bed dorm, but the girl in the reception booked a single room for the double price anyway. And when I realized what she had done, she said she was not able to change the booking which she had made just a few minutes ago. Also, she didn't inform me about the deposit, which made a hassle for both me and my friend (who was just showing me the way to the hostel) to collect enough money without going to the ATM a second time.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Hostel was very good value for the money, but was in a very boring location. Also, when I asked for a quick local bite of food, I was recommended to go to the Burger King hah. Upon further questions though, I was given a few local Russian restaurants. Check-in was very easy, showers were clean and warm, beds were nice, and all went smoothly. Would definitely recommend this to the cost-conscious traveler looking for an easy hostel experience.

The hostel is amazing! It is situated approximately 15 minutes walking from the Red Square, in a really quiet and safe neighbourhood. The staff is amazing as well, always ready to help you. They speak good English in the hostel as well, which is something you can't find everywhere is Moscow! Had a great time here.

I heard here is one of the most famous place in Moscow. But I cannot understand about them. in our trip, moscow is quite hot. but it dont have any ventilation roads, and also dont have air-conditioner. So, we cant sleep well all trip (it is really terrible memory i think). and staffs says they offer us coffee in free. but in last day. we knew about coffee is empty, so we require this. but staff dont solve this prob even if after our checkout. memory in this hostel is the worst thing in our trip.

I've visited a few hostels in moscow. I can say that this is probably the best hostel in Moscow. The only thing I didn't like is the fact that there is no big common room to meet other people but they have 3 smaller rooms/kitchens. The TV-room that is supposedly the common room would have been better if they didn't have eurosport loudly running 24 hours a day. That really killed the atmosphere. Maybe knock the wall down and open that room up to the hallway?

This is a huge hostel with 3 floors which means there's a big chance to meet new people from all the parts of the world but there was almost no common rooms to meet up. The location is not so good because there's no touristic places around. Friendly and helpful staffs.

Very nicely located hostel in Moscow. Everything is really clean and tidy. It lacks a bit of atmosphere and the common room is ok but it's hard to meet people over here. The staff where very friendly and helpful in a country where it's so hard to find people that speak decent English (they did!) . You have very good facilities with kitchen, Fan in the room, laundry, etc. maybe allowing to drink some alcholol in the common room would make this place much more entertaining.

Godzillas is great: clean, safe, good location to walk to the main sights and friendly staff! My only suggestion would be a few hooks or shelves in the bathrooms to hold towels/toiletries. I would stay here again!

Great location, helpful staff and lovely hostel. Very clean and modern with good facilities.

I liked to stay in this hostel, cause is clean, good staff, however I didn't have a proper place to drier my hair and make up...besides the ambient is ok, but no fun, no pub crawl...

The best hostel in Moscow!

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Russia

Great place to stay, the rooms are clean and bright and there are a lot of good showers. The location is okay and there are a few good restaurants around the corner. Also every section has his own kitchen which makes it a good place to stay for a bit longer.

That s arguably the only real hostel in Moscow! Nice place to stay...

« first « Prev 1 2 3