Godzillas Hostel Reviews

Bolshoi Karetnyy 6, Moscow, Russia

!WOW Godzillas is the one. Made it to St. Petersburg. Thanks Vova!

• 19th Aug 2015
  • Mexico

I very much appreciated the *free* borshch, bread and kvass!

It was lovely - nice sized rooms (twin beds) and a ceiling fan. We both slept very well. Alex was very friendly and helpful, both in emails and in person. Good location - there's a great park nearby with bars and a theatre - and a nice quiet neighbourhood. One thing - on their directions from the Metro it says 'leave by the main entrance'. When you're underground and everything's in Cyrillic, you don't know what which one the main entrance is! A words in Cyrillic would have helped.

• 14th Aug 2015

Ksenia was wonderful . I came to hostel without any preparation for transsiberian railway journey & in summer . With her help I was able to get my railway tickets cheap . Moscow to Irkutsk - 13000 rubles . Irkutsk to ulanbatttar - 6800 rubles :) . Thanks a lot Ksenia .

• 11th Aug 2015

Great location. I wouldn't say the facilities are "awesome" but they're backpacker standard. Lots of people starting or ending their trans-sib journey. Great place to talk to other travelers and get a feel for their plans. Great staff---especially Yulia who is really fantastic. Recommended for a few nights for sure. It's pricey---but once you're in Moscow, you'll understand why. Would stay here again.

[1]The process of room booking on-line was very convenient.[2]To find and reach hostel was easy, due to its location and popularity.(In spite of language problem: we do not know Russian and not get English knowing person in Moscow at that point of time and place) [3]Great help-English knowing staff. [4]. Shocked when receptionist not took payment by Credit Card and dishonored the advance booking of the room; we felt as if we were not talking to human but to a 'Robot" operated by cash Rub& US$

• 5th Aug 2015
  • India

Nice staff, good beds, clean and spacious. I recommend!

Overrated. Old and noisy matresses (14 bed dorm). No atmosphere. Some staff ok and some with a complete disregard for customer service and sometimes rude. "We only want your money" kind of feeling. Not recommended.

It was an incredible stay in Moscow. Great hostel. Awesome rooms and facilities. Wonderful people at the reception. Juliana could not be more helpful than she was. Thanks a lot for everything you did during my stay. Best wishes and regards. Felipe.

Overall, a solid hostel. Nothing sketchy going on. I recommend. Staff generally kind and helpful. FYI: bring own lock for lockers, and laundry only at night, by sign up. Staff difficult when I had concerns about my visa registration, which was done without asking me and which was left on my bed for me to find (unsafe! please don't leave my personal information for roommates to see!). Great that they register you for free, but unfortunate that they can be unfriendly toward questions about it.

Pretty good overall. The high price keeps it a "travelers hostel" which is probably good for the atmosphere (many Russian hostels have full time students living there, which can be a bit awkward). Facilities however could be improved especially considering the price, for instance individual power sockets or more showers would be good. Location was great, staff were great as well. Overall, I'd recommend people stay here.

The lounge is a small room and feels cramped. The showers are brilliant and the facilities are quite fancy and very comfortable, like an hotel. On the other hand no nice atmosphere or whatsoever. Nothing fun was organized while I was there. But hey, it was a damned monday

Very pleasant staff and within walking distance of major attractions. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Moscow.

When you are in a city where you do not speak the local language, and where taxi drivers do not use the meter and always try to deceive you, you expect to rely on your hostel to access services at fair prices. Not the case this hostel, which charges a fixed amount for taxi which is typically more than double the actual value. The hostel seems like a hotel, and the common area is just a TV room that rarely has people.

I stayed six nights in Gordzillas and I was really happy with my decision. On the plus side stands the almost perfect location, walking distance to the red square and subway station around the corner; the facilities, modern showers, fully equipped kitchens and enough clean bathrooms. Where light there is shadow too, with 1300 rubles pre night even for moscow quite expensive and due to small common area leck of social atmosphere. Anyway, I would recommend it!

The place was very clean and the staff was happy to help you at any moment. They even helped me track down a store to print out my photos to mail home. It's a great location in a nice neighborhood only about a ten minute walk from the metro.

Great place to stay. Everything ok. Nice and clean. We stay for 3 nights. Location superb. Thks

Great Hostel in a great location. The staff is very helpful, particularly Ksenia.

Great clean hostel. The staff was great especially Ksenia. She gave good directions and was patient more so than any host I have ever met. The Lounge is quite nice. one of the nicest Hostels I have stayed at. Very nice kitchens as well. I had this place recommended to me by someone else as well.

The hostel is fantastic! It would be good to send guests a map in advance which shows the short cut from Tsvetnoy Bulvar. We did the long roundabout walk so it took us a long time to walk. Nonetheless, the place is really cool and the staff very warm. Will stay here again and recommend to my friends! ;)

« first « Prev 1 2 3