Godzillas Hostel Reviews

Bolshoi Karetnyy 6, Moscow, Russia

Godzillas was in a perfect location from the centre of Moscow, only 1mile from the red square so easy to walk too! I also felt safe walking back to the hostel at night time. I stayed in a private twin, and always felt that my belongings were safe in the room when I was not there. The hostel provided free tea and coffee, and also filtered drinking water. The toilets and showers were always extremely clean no matter what time of the day or night. The staff were helpful with any questions we had

• 9th Apr 2014

good place to stay!!!!

If this is actually one of the best hostels in the city, then I'm glad I stayed here. Nice facilities, easy to find and comfortable beds.

The staff is very friendly!

I had a really lovely stay!

• 13th Mar 2014

Everything was great. The only thing I want to comment is the manager and NOT the staff of the hostel. He said this loudly to the staff who was attending to me: "I DON'T CARE ABOUT PEOPLE WHO CHECK IN AT 10:30 AM. CHECK OUT IS THE PRIORITY". You can't be asking the staff to ignore someone she was attending half way through and then attending the person who wanted to check out. And the word "I DON'T CARE ...." is that even appropriate to be mentioned when I was there.

It was a great stay for us in the hotel Godzillas. We have nothing to complain.

Fantastic welcome to a brilliant city! Thanks Scott! I really was nervous about Moscow, but you guys made my stay so much easier.. the hostel does so many things 'extra'.. it is easy to see why it's consistently the #1 in Russia.. loved the coffee every morning (thanks Volva), the free daily newspaper was great, and super hot showers! This really is a diamond amongst some pretty scary places, so thanks again to you all, brilliant!

I was very impressed with Godzilla, it's a lovely warm and friendly hostel in the heart of the city. The staff were very kind to me as a single girl travelling alone I was made to feel welcome by everyone! Scott has a great team here and I will definitely come back to see you again.. you beat all my expectations, thank you!!

• 2nd Feb 2014

Staff were friendly and helpful and our room as comfortable and pleasantly furnished. The location was very central and handy for sights, bars and restaurant. I'd thoroughly recommend this hostel for anyone visiting Moscow.

Great common room!

Solid no frills place to stay. Would stay again.

I would recommend, i have been in many thru Europe and it is one of the best.

• 23rd Dec 2013

Hostel's location is very good, clean and comfortable rooms. But there are not really friendly staff. I was struck by the fact that when you call to hostel, picking up the phone there was just silent, and I had to ask where I called. Did not like the cleaning lady at 10 am, without knocking on the door, she opened the door with her key, and even seeing that I was sleeping, took a bucket with garbage. If the staff told me about that 'cleening' I would leave in advance trash outside the door.

• 21st Dec 2013
  • Latvia

Friendly, spacious, with great facilities in a convenient location. Godzillas beats the competition in every regard.. easily the best hostel in Moscow.

Hallo, we were very satisfied with the offer. Very friendly und helpful staff. (commendable) Many greetings from Bert and Monika (Germany)

We enjoyed our time at Godzilla very much!! the staff are friendly, the whole hostel is clean and well presented, two big kitchens and shower rooms everywhere.. The hostel is warm and welcoming, big enough to spend time with fellow travellers watching a movie or planning an excursion. And easy enough to find somewhere to Skype family in private if you prefer. We have no hesitation recommending.. we will be back. Tony & Flo.

GREAT HOSTEL! Friendly staff who did everything they could to make my stay enjoyable. Fantastic location close to the Metro and 24hour supermarkets, coffee shops and restaurants.. there are 2/ 3 full time maids who are cleaning all day so the hostel always feels like home. I recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to be safe and secure in the heart of the city,

• 2nd Dec 2013

Very clean and cozy place, lovely staff, very near to the city center!

• 2nd Dec 2013
  • Serbia

Great location, value for money