Godzillas Hostel Reviews

Bolshoi Karetnyy 6, Moscow, Russia

Located a bit away from the city centre but a nice walk nonetheless. Beds were fine, Door to my dorm was almost always unlocked or left open. There was a distinct lack of atmosphere. Information from staff wasn't very forthcoming. I received contradicting answers when asking questions of staff. Kitchens didn't appear to be checked regularly with cutlery/dishes/pots and pans piled high on the draining board for over a day. Overall room for improvement.

Excellent place to stay in Moscow. Just 2 stops away on Metro from the main sights in Moscow. The hostel was clean & secure and the common room was very good for meeting other people. And the staff were excellent! They were very helpful, enthusiastic and organised. My plane to Moscow was cancelled and I had to catch another plane; I phoned the Hostel from the airport to tell them this, and they did an excellent job to re-arrange a taxi booking I had originally made. Keep up the excellent work!

Best hostel in Moscow for the single traveler. A bit pricy compared to other hostels in the area, but if you want to meet other travelers who are not anti-social this place is it. The hostel is clean with nice showers and decent bunk beds. The staff is fantastic; they helped me out from places to visit, transportation, and they even cook borscht soup or Russian pancakes for their guests. Shout-outs to Julianna, Christina and Ksenia for making my trip to Moscow fantastic!

• 20th Aug 2015

!WOW Godzillas is the one. Made it to St. Petersburg. Thanks Vova!

• 19th Aug 2015
  • Mexico

Without doubt the best hostel in Moscow! The staff is the best and there English is perfect. I had some certain problems which they helped me with. Location is good, with a metro station close-by that would get you everywhere. Rooms are nice and spacious, including a locker. I highly recommend when taking a shower, to go to the top floor as the rain showers are superb. All in all the best hostel in Moscow, will stay here again without thinking twice.

I very much appreciated the *free* borshch, bread and kvass!

It was lovely - nice sized rooms (twin beds) and a ceiling fan. We both slept very well. Alex was very friendly and helpful, both in emails and in person. Good location - there's a great park nearby with bars and a theatre - and a nice quiet neighbourhood. One thing - on their directions from the Metro it says 'leave by the main entrance'. When you're underground and everything's in Cyrillic, you don't know what which one the main entrance is! A words in Cyrillic would have helped.

• 14th Aug 2015

not the best hostel ever but had everything you need. the common area was very small and the kitchen basically a closet on each floor. it was clean though and the staff knew enough but weren't that good at giving you information - you basically had to ask everything. it was a good 20-30 minute walk to the beginning of the red square. metro isn't too far away. it's a decent place

Ksenia was wonderful . I came to hostel without any preparation for transsiberian railway journey & in summer . With her help I was able to get my railway tickets cheap . Moscow to Irkutsk - 13000 rubles . Irkutsk to ulanbatttar - 6800 rubles :) . Thanks a lot Ksenia .

• 11th Aug 2015