Gogol-Mogol Hostel Reviews

Stahanovcev st.9a flat 15, St Petersburg, Russia

I had a great stay at the Gogol Mogol Hostel. It is very clean and quiet, and they don't stuff too many people into one room, and the staff are friendly. And it's only about a 5 minute walk from the metro station.

I pretty like this hostel in terms of its atmosphere and the great hospitality of the staffs. Yet there are two things that I will have to be honest with 1. The room does not have any net to prevent mosquito from coming in. This is particularly a problem during the summer. There were a lot of mosquito in the room that I was totally eaten one night. 2. The hot water does not work. Or it only does after you press the boiler hard. It looks dangerous to me... Otherwise, its a pretty cool hostel

nice and cosy, love the atmosphere. had so much fun there!

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Russia

We had a very nice apartment for 2 people in an typical russian residental area, very close to Metro-Station Novocherskaya.

The staff was really friendly, easy-going and helpful. The hostel is small and has a home atmosphere. The only inconvenience is its somewhat distant location: it took me 50 min to come back from the very centre on foot. And beware that the bridge is raised for a few hours at night.

The hostel is excellent, and we had a great time there. The only "problem" is that the staff does not speak english well, only russian, therefore it was hard to communicate. But on the other hand, they were really nice and tried to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. Completely recomended!

Very nice and clean hostel, only 2 stops from the railway station, excellent staff.

Hi everyone, I had a great time at this place, it was clean , cozy and an excellent low price, in a safe area , pretty close to the subway station .

• 28th Dec 2012

I've been looking for a cozy place for staying in St.Petersburg, cause the city is very wet and cold. But I found more than just cozy hostel, I found the home! Very friendly staff, owners and guests. Kitchen and bathroom are very clean. Bed is so comfortable that I didn't want to get up in the morning! So I recommend this hostel for those who love small cozy and clean spaces. :)

• 28th Dec 2012
  • Finland

Great place, the toilets, showers and kitchens always clean, someone is going around all day to clean everything! Comfy beds and felt secure. Great kitchen and common room! The staff were nice, really helpful and they all speaks very well english. Thank you!

• 24th Dec 2012
  • Russia

I didnt like the place, the bed sounds horrible and you dont know who the staff is. The kitchen isnt clean.

• 11th Oct 2012
  • Colombia

The girls were great -- just everyone got sick while I was there because of the changing weather. Beware! The location is super-accessible and the bread I bought across the street is pretty much the best I've ever eaten.

the place and hospitality were lovely. you pay a little more comparatively speaking for the double room however the staff make up for it - they are so friendly and cool :)

Booked 3 nights in a 6 bed dorm, and extended with 3 more. Small apartment hostel in quiet neighbourhood, fairly close to the metro. Had a nice time here, type of place which is nice for a first time traveller in Russia. Friendly group of young administrators created a homely atmosphere. Tight place, best for people who are quite sociable and laid back.

Cosy little Hostel with 3 rooms only, adorable and helpfull staff (hello girls :)) gave our stay a familial atmosphere. Have a look at the map before you go there, cause there are no signs and door plates that give you a hint to ring the bell on which building ;)

The amenities were nice and the hostel itself is spacious. The staff is nice, but not particularly motivated to help or to encourage us to "bond" (talk, go out, etc.). There were no activities planned, no maps, no advice on where to go, and one of the staff members did not speak English very well. It was rather quiet. As a single traveler, it was boring. I always enjoy small hostels because you can meet people. Not the case here. Caters mostly to other Russians. No breakfast either.

I love everything about the place except for the woman running the place. She was not helpful and rude.

Very relaxed little hostel out of the center, but close to the metro. Homely atmosphere (it's actually somebody's apartment) and great staff.

I've been here ten days. I feel like I'm staying with my family. The staff is excellent. Good location, friendly guests. I'm hoping to come back soon.

• 18th Jun 2012

It was not as expected, it was so much better! Cool and friendly community, very comfortable atmosphere, very close to the metro station. All in all, absolutely great!

• 6th Apr 2012