Gogol'Ostello & Caftè Letterario Reviews

Via Privata Chieti, 1, Milan, Italy

I had a seamless and pleasant stay. Everything about the hostel was up to my expectations and the staff was very friendly. The only comment I have is that there was some loud construction noise in the morning, which didn't bother me (and is in no way a reflection of the hostel, only of its location). Recommended!

Had a lovely stay, it would have been nice to have cooking facilities but there are enough cheap eating alternatives in Milan. It is a little far away from train and metro stations, but it's definitely worth the walk!

Breakfast was a non event and the hot water runs out after a few minutes. It's too far like 20 minute walk out of the main area and there's no metro near. The staff were excellent and helpful and it's so nsw and clean which is great.

This is the 2nd time I have stayed here and as a result of both stays I would definitely reccomend this hostel. It is a very clean and safe environment in which you are made to feel welcome. It also has interesting things such as Samba Class going on weekly. The staff are very friendly, knowledgable about their city and more than happy to help you out when you are in need. As they did on more than one occassion for me. Grazie mille.

• 20th Feb 2015

Absolutely great!!! Lovely hostel, great staff, very clean, good breakfast. Will sure visit again! I recommend wholeheartedly !

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Malta

Little bit stiff atmosphere - not really clear what audience is the target.

This hostel is good if you are focused on the shopping aspect of Milan, definitely not a party hostel. It is also very far from the center of the city and not near a metro stop, so get ready to walk. It is very clean and the staff is very helpful.

Very nice 'apéro' in the evening on the Saturday night that I was there. For 8 EUR you have the run of a buffet of 5 or 6 substantial and freshly prepared dishes + a drink. I changed my plans about heading out for dinner as soon as I saw it. The venue had been chosen by middle-aged locals to celebrate a birthday. The bunk beds don't creak.

• 13th Dec 2014