Gogol'Ostello & Caftè Letterario Reviews

Via Privata Chieti, 1, Milan, Italy

Our flight was delayed, we arrived at 10:50 and they close reception at 10:30. The woman working was very rude saying we were lucky she was still there, so apparently they will leave you on the street if you are late even if they know you are coming.

I loved the breakfast that was freshly baked pastries delivered fresh every morning. I was disappointed that when I arrived I had booked and confirmed for 6 nights but when I arrived they told me they had overbooked so I could only stay for 3 nights. This was disappointing because i did want to stay for the whole time but it worked out in the end for me as I traveled around Italy instead. This last minute change was not a stress I needed when I arrived and I think it was very unprofessional.

• 11th May 2015

This is a very cute, charming, colourful hostel with artificial grass on the floors of the dorm-room levels and in the common area which unfortunately no one uses (too bad because it's quite nice.) There is also a literary theme along with an earth theme. Breakfast consists of a coffee of your choice, biscuits, cookies, a croissant, and juice and water. It is free. Each dorm has its own, modern bathroom and everything is very clean and comfortable. The staff is very nice.

There is no kitchen, not even a fridge, so you're going to have to eat out. You'll have to be very creative if you're on a budget. The beds are horrible as you can feel the springs in them and you can't sit on them because they are so close together. It's a far walk from the center of town, but there is a new subway station open close or you can take the trolley (this takes forever though). Both are €1.50. On a positive note, breakfast is free - one croissant and one cup of coffee/juice.

I had a seamless and pleasant stay. Everything about the hostel was up to my expectations and the staff was very friendly. The only comment I have is that there was some loud construction noise in the morning, which didn't bother me (and is in no way a reflection of the hostel, only of its location). Recommended!

Had a lovely stay, it would have been nice to have cooking facilities but there are enough cheap eating alternatives in Milan. It is a little far away from train and metro stations, but it's definitely worth the walk!

Breakfast was a non event and the hot water runs out after a few minutes. It's too far like 20 minute walk out of the main area and there's no metro near. The staff were excellent and helpful and it's so nsw and clean which is great.

This is the 2nd time I have stayed here and as a result of both stays I would definitely reccomend this hostel. It is a very clean and safe environment in which you are made to feel welcome. It also has interesting things such as Samba Class going on weekly. The staff are very friendly, knowledgable about their city and more than happy to help you out when you are in need. As they did on more than one occassion for me. Grazie mille.

• 20th Feb 2015

Absolutely great!!! Lovely hostel, great staff, very clean, good breakfast. Will sure visit again! I recommend wholeheartedly !

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Malta

Little bit stiff atmosphere - not really clear what audience is the target.

This hostel is good if you are focused on the shopping aspect of Milan, definitely not a party hostel. It is also very far from the center of the city and not near a metro stop, so get ready to walk. It is very clean and the staff is very helpful.