Gogol'Ostello & Caftè Letterario Reviews

Via Privata Chieti, 1, Milan, Italy

A really clean, tidy hostel, run by very friendly staff. Little bit of a walk into the city centre, but public transport close by.

Nice staff, good breakfast

The place is gorgeous . Though I have to say that bed springs are not super comfy.

The place is clean and well maintained. The only cons I found was that there is no kitchen and the common has no air conditioning so it was very warm so everybody preferred to be on their room.

Gogol'Ostello was a nice hostel, I was surprised how spacious and clean it was. The design of the place was really good too. The staff was helpful on getting you where you needed, and it felt very comfortable there. Breakfast was okay, but the service was exceptional. I felt at ease there, even though I was there for one day. It's not too far from the metro either.

Lovely stay, staff were very accommodating. Rooms are comfortable and quiet if your looking for a good nights sleep.

This hostel is decorated so well, it is adorable and quirky and there are a lot of cute sitting areas. The workers were incredibly nice, they always had water, bread, and cappuccinos offered to us. The location is really poor though, it's about five blocks away from the closest metro station and the easiest way to get there from the main train station is to get a taxi.

The place was pretty nice, just it was really hot in Milan that night and the air conditioning faced the wall so it got SUPER hot and uncomfortable.

Our flight was delayed, we arrived at 10:50 and they close reception at 10:30. The woman working was very rude saying we were lucky she was still there, so apparently they will leave you on the street if you are late even if they know you are coming.

I loved the breakfast that was freshly baked pastries delivered fresh every morning. I was disappointed that when I arrived I had booked and confirmed for 6 nights but when I arrived they told me they had overbooked so I could only stay for 3 nights. This was disappointing because i did want to stay for the whole time but it worked out in the end for me as I traveled around Italy instead. This last minute change was not a stress I needed when I arrived and I think it was very unprofessional.

• 11th May 2015

This is a very cute, charming, colourful hostel with artificial grass on the floors of the dorm-room levels and in the common area which unfortunately no one uses (too bad because it's quite nice.) There is also a literary theme along with an earth theme. Breakfast consists of a coffee of your choice, biscuits, cookies, a croissant, and juice and water. It is free. Each dorm has its own, modern bathroom and everything is very clean and comfortable. The staff is very nice.

There is no kitchen, not even a fridge, so you're going to have to eat out. You'll have to be very creative if you're on a budget. The beds are horrible as you can feel the springs in them and you can't sit on them because they are so close together. It's a far walk from the center of town, but there is a new subway station open close or you can take the trolley (this takes forever though). Both are €1.50. On a positive note, breakfast is free - one croissant and one cup of coffee/juice.

I had a seamless and pleasant stay. Everything about the hostel was up to my expectations and the staff was very friendly. The only comment I have is that there was some loud construction noise in the morning, which didn't bother me (and is in no way a reflection of the hostel, only of its location). Recommended!