Gogol'Ostello & Caftè Letterario Reviews

Via Privata Chieti, 1, Milan, Lombardy, Italy

Enjoyed my stay here. Was very quiet and relaxing. Staff were very freindly.

• 5th Apr 2014

There were a few problems. No lockers, or other opportunity to lock valuables away. I was given a tea towel to use as my bath towel. There was serious mould in my dormitory. And finally, the owner had booked a children's party for the evening I happened to be staying- the children were running riot and extremely noisy until 11pm. No apology was offered, and I wasn't pre-warned. This was a Sunday night and I had a day of meetings on the Monday. Not the best start to my week.

Had a very nice night here. The woman behind the desk was lovely and extremely helpful. Hostel is very clean and nicely decorated. Only downside is it's about a 20 min walk from downtown, which is fine during the day but difficult at night for a solo female traveller, especially because the public transport in Milan isn't easy to navigate. Overall a lovely stay, if you want somewhere really chilled out and don't mind a bit of a walk this is perfect for you.

• 8th Mar 2014

My stay at Gogol'Ostello was very delightful! The staff is extremely nice and helpful. The hostel itself is very spacious as well. There is a second floor lounge area that is a great place to rest and take it easy after a long day of exploring. The hostel is located a bit outside of downtown Milan, which can be a bit inconvenient for accessing the main attractions. But the distance from the city is nice as well because the area around the hostel is not touristy and fairly calm.

• 14th Feb 2014

Simply Lovely! it felt like staying in home, lovely breakfast, everything were nice :) Everytime i wake up, i got served with cappucino. Everytime i go back from the city, my bed is already clean and neat. Just lovely. The atmosphere were amazing, if you're an artsy-fartsy type, this hostel is the one for you for sure! Would love to come again!

No lockers in the rooms. the staff were very friendly and helpful.

It's a good hostel, hospitable staff, very clean and good facilities. Breakfast is good, and the breads are the best I tasted in hostels. But the location is not good, a little bit far from attractions.

Enjoyed my stay at Gogol. Showed our taxi driver where it was on the map and he was able to take us their straightaway, but it is quite hidden so we understand why people would struggle to find it. Breakfast was delicious, we also paid extra and had the home cooked dinner which was also delicious. Room was very spacious and clean and the beds were comfortable. But the shower ran out of hot water very quickly. I would recommend this hostel.

Good option, all in all I find it more expensive than most Italian hostels I know without finding it particularly better than most others, but it is a fine place.

I notice a lot of reviews touch on how nice the owner is and, while this is true, it still doesn't make it a very good hostel. Finding the place is so difficult, unless you have a smart phone or something with you, since it's on a "private" road. Only one of the 3 bunk beds in my room had a ladder leading to the top mattress.. mine was not one of them, so i had to revert to high school gym to get into bed every night. There is no kitchen and you're made to feel uncomfortable using cafe space.

I had a great stay at Gogol Ostello, Asli is very friendly and is keen to help out with places to see, things to do and even to help find the next hostel to stay at. Very chilled atmosphere here, but was a little quite when I was there, so I didn't meet anyone from the hostel. The only thing I didn't like was the lack of a shower curtain or screen, the floor got wet every time you had a shower, but Asli provides plenty of floor mats. Overall, a great place, and I'd definitely recommend it.

The directions to get here are nonexistent. I thought I was going to break down at the Duomo because I couldn't find this hostel. When we finally found it it was a delightful place. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I love all the books everywhere!

TOP HOSTEL!

• 8th Nov 2013

Very clean, great breakfast. The owner is super friendly, she'll say hi each time you get back, and makes you coffee or tea in the morning as well as one on arrival. A walk into the centre from the hostel is recommended as it takes you past some nice sights in Milan. Only problem was I had a top bunk for 2 nights without a ladder or railing; getting in required a regular feat of gymnastics!

This place is LOVELY! It's about a 15-20 minute walk to the center, which is perfect for if you need to burn off all the delicious Italian food you've been eating. There are lots of little restaurants in the area if you want to try some local flavor. The owners are so sweet too!

Poor directions

It is about a 20 minute walk into the center of the city, but it's worth being further away. It is incredible clean and welcoming. They have free cultural events every weekend. The staff is incredibly welcoming and helpful. I would most definitely recommend it and return again.

• 25th Oct 2013