Gogol'Ostello & Caftè Letterario Reviews

Via Privata Chieti, 1, Milan, Italy

Lovely hostel, but was very empty when we were there. Great place to stay if you're looking for a quiet weekend, super close to the metro!

Staff were great and very welcoming. The location and quality of the place made it good value for money. Maybe it was I had my stay in the winter but it was very, very quiet, so if you're looking for going out drinking and making friends here I don't think it's the best place. However, maybe Milan just isn't a big hit with backpackers and travellers like other cities. Also not sure if it had a kitchen so that's not ideal.

They gave me a towel for showering. I had took a shower and put it on chair. Another person put his towel on the same chair. I went to reception and said "Excuse me, I don't know which towel is mine, can you give me another towel?" She said "why you did not put your towel on your bed?" Secondly, in the breakfast time, I ate cereal, and I said "Can I get one more" She rejected. So, at all, they rejected 2 simple things in one day (1 clean towel and 1 plate of cereal). I'm sorry but this is rude.

Nice and cozy atmosphere with cute decorations in the main area. Staff was very friendly and any question I had was answered. Gave me map of city and told me where to go and what to see. Rooms were nice and sheets cleaned. Would go there again if I ever went back to Milan. I recommend this place for any who are staying in the Milan area. Not far walkin data ce from the historical Duomo. The metro is a 3 minute walk.

• 1st Feb 2016

The woman at the front desk was very helpful, and spoke excellent English. I enjoyed my stay and would go back if I am ever in Milan again.

This hostel is so cute! I stayed only one night but I definitely recommend you. Location is really good. I walked everywhere easily. I also used metro when I needed. There is a metro station nearby. Room was clean and safe. The lady on the reception was really kind and helpful. The best part is that they serve breakfast for free!

This a nice and cosy hostel with lots of options of books to read, the owner is a nice lady which also speaks portuguese, and is very helpful and friendly, good bedroom, very good cleanness, an ok breakfast, they provide towel, so there are good facilities, good location near the tube station and also if you like to walk is quite near of some sights and good and cheap restaurants!! I would return someday!

Gracias x todo. Un lindo lugar para disfrutar

Breakfast could be more international. By this I mean it could include egs, yogurt, cereals, bread and cheese.

The beds shake a lot, so the girl sleeping below me had a rough night, since every move in made shook her up

I spent 2 nights at Gogol'Ostello and loved it! It's in a really good area, close to the metro, clean and well decorated (not that it matters, but still I appreciate it). The staffs are friendly and I was surprised that the girl at the reception could speak portuguese :) ps: the perfect ice cream it's near the hostel, Il Massimo del Gelato. Definitely go ceck!

• 7th Jan 2016

It was perfect to stay there. Just internet was getting slower sometimes, except that I strongly recommend you to stay guys. It was the best hostel which I have stayed in Europe.

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Turkey

I initially thought that the location was a bit inconvenient until I realized that the metro station right across the street takes you directly to lake como. You can get to central station on foot or by metro. Both are do-able. The woman working reception was very kind and helpful. She gave me lots of good recommendations as well. The beds were a bit small but I'm pretty tall so that may not be a problem for most people.

My friends and I stayed at this hostel only for 1 night, but was one of the best hostel stays I've had! The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, the rooms were well equipped, light and and very clean, the location was a little out of the centre but not a major problem for us the metro was super easy to use, a brilliant breakfast that was included in the price. It had a great, casual atmosphere and we definitely recommend this hostel to anyone!!

• 12th Dec 2015

Very nice place to stay!

• 5th Dec 2015
  • Uzbekistan

Very nice hostel with friendly people. Clean and warm

The staff was very friendly and can speak eccellent English and Portuguese (as well as Italian). The breakfast was very typically Italian, you get a cornetto/brioche, cornflakes, biscuits and of course a hot beverage of your choice. The rooms and facilities were clean and nicely done up. There is a common room and washing machines, but unfortunately no kitchen, so you have to get your own food.

We had an amazing stay in Gogol'Ostello. The staff is amazing and the bedrooms are lovely. Towels are included and also they made our bed every day, that is a really nice gesture. It is really easy to get there. Highly recommended

The instructions to reach the hostel were very clear. I enjoyed my stay there in company of wonderful people making the stay very pleasant. I enjoyed the classes of Foro and Biodance, very good experience. I also enjoyed a very nice Eritrean diner prepared by the MAMA ........

• 11th Nov 2015
  • Mauritius

Really enjoyed my stay at Gogol'Ostello. Everyone was very friendly, the rooms were clean and I loved having a balcony. I really appreciated the small things like the towel, locker, etc. Two days was too short!

• 7th Nov 2015