Goiabada com Queijo Hostel Reviews

Rua do Pilar, 44 Pilar, Ouro Preto, Brazil

Very nice owner who makes you feel right at home and it is a very nice homely atmosphere, exactly what you need if you are already on the road for a long time.

The hostel has a atmosphere that makes you feel just like home. You can wash your cloths there, breakfast is more than adequate, and the staffs are very generous and kind. The hostel was so helpful from the arriving till the departure. I highly recommend you to stay here. Thank you Goiabada!!

Nice place if you are looking for a "home away from home" and not a usual hostel. Rodrigo, Angela and Guilherme are very helpful and kind hosts. The kitchen is very well equipped and lots of ingredients (spices, oil, vinegar) are for common use which I highly appreciated. Further more you can handwash your clothes and dry them on the terrace. If you need a rest and relax a bit in a family like atmosphere this an ideal the place.

Very good hostel, I have no complaints

The location of the hostel is good, it's close to the center square. The breakfast was all right. The problem was with the room, it had a really really bad smell. It got into our clothes and towels. The last day they let us leave the luggage because we weren't leaving until later in the evening. The owner called us a taxi but the problem was it wasn't even a real taxi (probably a friend of his) and he charged us way too much for a 5 minute drive.

We used to have some wooden beds that had a particularly stong smell because of the type of wood. Those beds were all swapped for different ones. The taxis in Ouro Preto don't have taximeter. The prices for the rides are fixed by the local union, and all the taxis, that are identified by red registration plates, must carry a copy of the prices chart. We are sorry that you had problems with the taxi ride. We are always careful to call the same taxi service.

I arrived 30 minutes after my arrival schedule and I knocked at the door, i rang the bell I waited outside for about 40 minutes and no one was there to open the door for me. I was very disappointed and very tired after 10 hours trip. So I left and looked for another place to stay.

KC never answered our email. There was people here waiting for her until 1am and she didnt appear. Is really important to check all the informations about the Hostel and our reception is not 24 hours: open at 8am. I am sure that she came early than this and didnt ring the bell. I hope that you had a great stay in the city. I live here in the Hostel and NOONE rang the bell. Cheers Lidiane

Very good hostel. Great breakfast. Just the smell in the bedroom isn't so nice.

Great hostel, perfect location. Helpful staff, Julius was brilliant. Definitely stay here!

A good place to stay just about a short hike away from the main square. Rooms are just good enough

Very friendly staff with good atmosphere. Had a good stay here.