Goiabada com Queijo Hostel Reviews

Rua do Pilar, 44 Pilar, Ouro Preto, Brazil

We had a great stay at the goiabada com queijo hostel, it felt like being at home. Lidiane has been very helpful, she gives good advice and her kindness and care for her guests makes this hostel one of the best if not the best we ever went to.

• 21st Mar 2015

Cute hostel with a nice atmosphere, feels like a home! Really good breakfast.

The place is just perfect, Lidiane is as nice as one could be, and equally helpfull, and that shows in her place. Everything from breakfast to her advice is done with utmost care. I would go back tomorrow, and probably will eventually.

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Afghanistan

A really nice, chilled place to stay. Great breakfast and Lidiane is the best!

Adorei! I choose this hostel because I love Goaibada con Queijo so I loved to take Goaiabada for breakfast every morning.

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

I stayed for 3 nights in a mixed dorm and I had a very good experience: spacey bedrooms, clean bathrooms, excellent breakfast, the location is close to the most important places in OP, the Personal was really nice and helpful, in general facilities are really good. It is the kind of hostel to chill out and rest, you feel like at home as well. I would stay again there if I comeback to OP :)

This hostel is the best hostel we have experienced so far. There isn't one thing to put our finger on. The owner, Lidiane, is the sweetest person you will meet, and she puts so much effort into making this a clean, homey hostel. We loved it, and would recommend it to anyone.

Really great facilities, nice spacious rooms, super clean. Breakfast best in any hostel in Brazil we've been so far. Very quiet and tranquil atmosphere. All brilliant except don't arrive earlier than check in as we were told to 'go for a walk' until check in, not even stay in the common area, after just arriving after 12 hour over night bus! Not very hospitable and wasn't a great first impression!

First at all: our reception is not 24 hours and the Hostel is a small house. Since we had advertised in the booking confirmation email, we offer our guests to leave the luggage at 8am and "go for a walk" since we dont have space enough for everyone. Each one receive an email about it and is the only rule. The House was getting clean as well so is hard when there is people in the area. If you arrive early you should just enjoy the city while the room is not available or try another bus time.

Very nice owner who makes you feel right at home and it is a very nice homely atmosphere, exactly what you need if you are already on the road for a long time.

The hostel has a atmosphere that makes you feel just like home. You can wash your cloths there, breakfast is more than adequate, and the staffs are very generous and kind. The hostel was so helpful from the arriving till the departure. I highly recommend you to stay here. Thank you Goiabada!!

Nice place if you are looking for a "home away from home" and not a usual hostel. Rodrigo, Angela and Guilherme are very helpful and kind hosts. The kitchen is very well equipped and lots of ingredients (spices, oil, vinegar) are for common use which I highly appreciated. Further more you can handwash your clothes and dry them on the terrace. If you need a rest and relax a bit in a family like atmosphere this an ideal the place.

Very good hostel, I have no complaints

The location of the hostel is good, it's close to the center square. The breakfast was all right. The problem was with the room, it had a really really bad smell. It got into our clothes and towels. The last day they let us leave the luggage because we weren't leaving until later in the evening. The owner called us a taxi but the problem was it wasn't even a real taxi (probably a friend of his) and he charged us way too much for a 5 minute drive.

We used to have some wooden beds that had a particularly stong smell because of the type of wood. Those beds were all swapped for different ones. The taxis in Ouro Preto don't have taximeter. The prices for the rides are fixed by the local union, and all the taxis, that are identified by red registration plates, must carry a copy of the prices chart. We are sorry that you had problems with the taxi ride. We are always careful to call the same taxi service.

I arrived 30 minutes after my arrival schedule and I knocked at the door, i rang the bell I waited outside for about 40 minutes and no one was there to open the door for me. I was very disappointed and very tired after 10 hours trip. So I left and looked for another place to stay.

KC never answered our email. There was people here waiting for her until 1am and she didnt appear. Is really important to check all the informations about the Hostel and our reception is not 24 hours: open at 8am. I am sure that she came early than this and didnt ring the bell. I hope that you had a great stay in the city. I live here in the Hostel and NOONE rang the bell. Cheers Lidiane

Very good hostel. Great breakfast. Just the smell in the bedroom isn't so nice.

Great hostel, perfect location. Helpful staff, Julius was brilliant. Definitely stay here!

A good place to stay just about a short hike away from the main square. Rooms are just good enough

Very friendly staff with good atmosphere. Had a good stay here.

beds and blankets really smell and don´t feel clean

Thanks for your hospitality. It felt like I was at home!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4