Goiabada com Queijo Hostel Reviews

Rua do Pilar, 44 Pilar, Ouro Preto, Brazil

The location of the hostel is good, it's close to the center square. The breakfast was all right. The problem was with the room, it had a really really bad smell. It got into our clothes and towels. The last day they let us leave the luggage because we weren't leaving until later in the evening. The owner called us a taxi but the problem was it wasn't even a real taxi (probably a friend of his) and he charged us way too much for a 5 minute drive.

I arrived 30 minutes after my arrival schedule and I knocked at the door, i rang the bell I waited outside for about 40 minutes and no one was there to open the door for me. I was very disappointed and very tired after 10 hours trip. So I left and looked for another place to stay.

KC never answered our email. There was people here waiting for her until 1am and she didnt appear. Is really important to check all the informations about the Hostel and our reception is not 24 hours: open at 8am. I am sure that she came early than this and didnt ring the bell. I hope that you had a great stay in the city. I live here in the Hostel and NOONE rang the bell. Cheers Lidiane

Very good hostel. Great breakfast. Just the smell in the bedroom isn't so nice.

A good place to stay just about a short hike away from the main square. Rooms are just good enough

Very friendly staff with good atmosphere. Had a good stay here.

beds and blankets really smell and don´t feel clean

• 3rd May 2014

Thanks for your hospitality. It felt like I was at home!

i am now travelling in south america since 3 months. this was the best hostel until now. everything is clean. the rooms, the bathrooms, the showers (i also want to mention that sowers and bathrooms are spacious). the beds are very comfortable. the stuff is absolutely lovely. i arrived very early in the morning (around 6 o'clock) and although the hostel would be closed at that time, they agreed on receiving me. they also give a lot of information about cultural events and parties etc.

Very friendly staff and good place to meet other travellers. The 6-bed dorm where I stayed is well spaced. Good breakfast, well-equipped kitchen if you want to cook. Like the laundry area where they have a small courtyard to dry out clothes. The common rooms would feel definitely more cosy with better lighting.

Amazing place with the best owner ever!! Just around the corner from a main shopping/bar/restaurant street. Cool common area, really good for meeting people. Great breakfast with tons of fruit, pastries, and freshly made juice every morning. Spacious rooms. Good computer for guests to use. One of my favorite hostels in Brazil!

awesome :)

• 26th Feb 2014

Great hostel with very a friendly owner and staff. It felt like staying with old friends. The location is perfect, and within a 1.5 minute walk from one of Ouro Preto's must-see sights, Igreja Matriz de Nossa Senhora do Pilar. Facilities are clean, and the hostel has a home-like atmosphere.

Amazing hostel! Very comfortable and friendly atmosphere. They accommodated our early arrival and very helpful throughout. Owner even took us on hike to waterfall and recommended great bars! Pleasant and quiet stay in the mountains :)

More fruit with breakfast. We found that breakfast was mostly baked goods, so some more variety would be good.

We LOVED this hostel in such a beautiful old town. It's location is fantastic, an easy walk to everything. The staff are great...really friendly and helpful. Thanks to Jorge and a special thanks to Angela for all the help. Breakfast was great...very typical Brazilian fare...all fresh and delicious every day. Great huge locker drawers, under bunk beds. Laundry facilities, which were a real bonus for us. We hated to leave, and we would definitely stay here again.

A small hostel, max 6-10 people around. Breakfast was good.owner was helpful. I would say its a place in line with the "Ouro Preto style"

Very cute hostel and the staff were great!

Very nice, clean, chep, small and charming hostel with superfriendly owner and close to everything!

• 10th Nov 2013

Really nice place ! Literally 5 minutes from the main square. Nice b-fast and nice public room. Big thanks for the staff with all the help. Highly recommended😉

I like it so much. The staff is perfect and the city is amazing!

• 5th Nov 2013