Goiabada com Queijo Hostel Reviews

Rua do Pilar, 44 Pilar, Ouro Preto, Brazil

The hostel has a atmosphere that makes you feel just like home. You can wash your cloths there, breakfast is more than adequate, and the staffs are very generous and kind. The hostel was so helpful from the arriving till the departure. I highly recommend you to stay here. Thank you Goiabada!!

Nice place if you are looking for a "home away from home" and not a usual hostel. Rodrigo, Angela and Guilherme are very helpful and kind hosts. The kitchen is very well equipped and lots of ingredients (spices, oil, vinegar) are for common use which I highly appreciated. Further more you can handwash your clothes and dry them on the terrace. If you need a rest and relax a bit in a family like atmosphere this an ideal the place.

Very good hostel, I have no complaints

The location of the hostel is good, it's close to the center square. The breakfast was all right. The problem was with the room, it had a really really bad smell. It got into our clothes and towels. The last day they let us leave the luggage because we weren't leaving until later in the evening. The owner called us a taxi but the problem was it wasn't even a real taxi (probably a friend of his) and he charged us way too much for a 5 minute drive.

We used to have some wooden beds that had a particularly stong smell because of the type of wood. Those beds were all swapped for different ones. The taxis in Ouro Preto don't have taximeter. The prices for the rides are fixed by the local union, and all the taxis, that are identified by red registration plates, must carry a copy of the prices chart. We are sorry that you had problems with the taxi ride. We are always careful to call the same taxi service.

I arrived 30 minutes after my arrival schedule and I knocked at the door, i rang the bell I waited outside for about 40 minutes and no one was there to open the door for me. I was very disappointed and very tired after 10 hours trip. So I left and looked for another place to stay.

KC never answered our email. There was people here waiting for her until 1am and she didnt appear. Is really important to check all the informations about the Hostel and our reception is not 24 hours: open at 8am. I am sure that she came early than this and didnt ring the bell. I hope that you had a great stay in the city. I live here in the Hostel and NOONE rang the bell. Cheers Lidiane

Very good hostel. Great breakfast. Just the smell in the bedroom isn't so nice.

Great hostel, perfect location. Helpful staff, Julius was brilliant. Definitely stay here!

A good place to stay just about a short hike away from the main square. Rooms are just good enough

Very friendly staff with good atmosphere. Had a good stay here.

beds and blankets really smell and don´t feel clean

• 3rd May 2014

Thanks for your hospitality. It felt like I was at home!

i am now travelling in south america since 3 months. this was the best hostel until now. everything is clean. the rooms, the bathrooms, the showers (i also want to mention that sowers and bathrooms are spacious). the beds are very comfortable. the stuff is absolutely lovely. i arrived very early in the morning (around 6 o'clock) and although the hostel would be closed at that time, they agreed on receiving me. they also give a lot of information about cultural events and parties etc.

Very friendly staff and good place to meet other travellers. The 6-bed dorm where I stayed is well spaced. Good breakfast, well-equipped kitchen if you want to cook. Like the laundry area where they have a small courtyard to dry out clothes. The common rooms would feel definitely more cosy with better lighting.

Amazing place with the best owner ever!! Just around the corner from a main shopping/bar/restaurant street. Cool common area, really good for meeting people. Great breakfast with tons of fruit, pastries, and freshly made juice every morning. Spacious rooms. Good computer for guests to use. One of my favorite hostels in Brazil!

awesome :)

• 26th Feb 2014

Great hostel with very a friendly owner and staff. It felt like staying with old friends. The location is perfect, and within a 1.5 minute walk from one of Ouro Preto's must-see sights, Igreja Matriz de Nossa Senhora do Pilar. Facilities are clean, and the hostel has a home-like atmosphere.

Amazing hostel! Very comfortable and friendly atmosphere. They accommodated our early arrival and very helpful throughout. Owner even took us on hike to waterfall and recommended great bars! Pleasant and quiet stay in the mountains :)

More fruit with breakfast. We found that breakfast was mostly baked goods, so some more variety would be good.

We LOVED this hostel in such a beautiful old town. It's location is fantastic, an easy walk to everything. The staff are great...really friendly and helpful. Thanks to Jorge and a special thanks to Angela for all the help. Breakfast was great...very typical Brazilian fare...all fresh and delicious every day. Great huge locker drawers, under bunk beds. Laundry facilities, which were a real bonus for us. We hated to leave, and we would definitely stay here again.

A small hostel, max 6-10 people around. Breakfast was good.owner was helpful. I would say its a place in line with the "Ouro Preto style"

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4