• 3-396-2 Gojobashihigashi, Higashiyama-Ku, Kyoto, Japan

Superb 675 Total Reviews
Superb 675 Total Reviews
Gojo Guest House Located at 3-396-2 Gojobashihigashi, Higashiyama-Ku, Kyoto.
Japan
Kyoto 3-396-2 Gojobashihigashi, Higashiyama-Ku
94% 675
34.9953133 135.7721328
    Rooms available

18th Jul 2016

The Gojo Guest House was an excellent choice for exploring Kyoto. The dormitory room I stayed in felt clean and safe, while the cafe downstairs was an excellent way to get a quick breakfast in the morning (toast and a drink for 300 yen). I would highly recommend this property to young people who want to spend a couple days in Kyoto on a budget.

• Singapore, Female, 31-40
16th Jul 2016

Very friendly and cosy environment :) thanks so much to the team at Gojo Guesthouse!! Thank You!!

• brorbs
  • Denmark, All Male Group, 18-24
12th Jul 2016

Best place we've stayed so far! Super friendly staff, cheap an delicious food and very neat japanese interior with spartan but sufficient and nice facilities. Would definately recommend to anyone.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
11th Jul 2016

Had a great time at Gojo guesthouse. I loved staying in the classic japanese style dorm. I would note however it is not a party place and could be a bit challenging to meet people if your a solo traveller. I was lucky to meet some girls in my room so it depends who's staying there at the time. Otherwise wonderful experience!

• USA, Male, 18-24
6th Jul 2016

The staff was awesome. I would come back solely for them! They had a great restaurant recommendation, were very nice and super laid back! I met a few people at the hostel and ended up having a great time with them around Kyoto. I don't want to ruin the surprise but you get a free drink coupon when you arrive, which I used for a refreshing beer :D I would have stayed for all 3 nights I was in Kyoto but they were all booked :( a few others were in the same boat.

• Singapore, Female, 25-30
2nd Jul 2016

Staff was helpful and friendly. Hostel was flavorful with the decorations and interior. Close to main attractions.

• USA, Male, 18-24
26th Jun 2016

My first time in Kyoto was a great one thanks to Gojo. I only stayed two nights, but when I return to Kyoto I will definitely look into staying here again.

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
23rd Jun 2016

Excellent

21st Jun 2016

I loved my stay at Gojo. The hostel is in a great location to see the major temples and sites in Southern Higashiyama, and is convenient via public transport to other places in Kyoto. The staff are fantastic and super helpful, and I met lots of other travelers during my stay. Will definitely stay here when I'm back in Kyoto!

21st Jun 2016

I say this without exaggeration: You would be stupid not to spend your time at Gojo. The best accommodations I've had in Japan by far. All the staff are excellent, kind individuals and loads of fun. Conveniently located south of Gion, it's an easy walk to a lot of cool sites. Accommodations are affordable, clean, cozy and very welcoming. But really, what takes the cake are the staff and the atmosphere they've cultivated. No complaints, but tons of great memories. 10/10 Yabai