Gojo Guest House Reviews

3-396-2 Gojobashihigashi, Higashiyama-Ku, Kyoto, Japan

Very helpful staff and beautiful building

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Pakistan

Good hostel. Have to take a bus to it but otherwise it's good.

My stay at Gojo Guest House was wonderful. The staff was fun, gracious and knowledgeable. The building was really cool and in a great location, and the cafe downstairs was a great space for meeting people and planning your day. Definitely will try to stay here again next time I'm in Kyoto!

Guest house-dream. Fantastic. Everything is great!

Great hostel with a friendly atmosphere. The cafe downstairs is convenient for meeting other backpackers. The rooms were basic but clean, with tatami mats. Good location which is close to a train station, and to the Gion district. Would highly recommend it!

• 30th Jul 2015

Thank you so much guys for the amazing stay! Keep doing what you are doing. Hope to see you somewhere again ;)

Staff was very friendly and spoke great English. They were also able to provide us with maps and bus passes (to purchase). It was great! Cafe area on the ground level was also a great place to socialize.

• 28th Jul 2015

It was really cozy, and well maintained despite it being a really old building. The staff were really friendly and helpful, wish I had more time to get to know other travellers, but all in all, it was a really good experience living in this traditional machiya in the traditional town of kyoto. Couldnt do it any other way

Gojo Hostel is an amazing place! The traditional house, the atmosphere, the personnel; I have had a wonderful time and met a lot of great people in this hostel in Kyoto. I am very happy that I chose Gojo, I would definitely go there again and recommend it to my friends.

• 26th Jul 2015

Seriously loved this place. The vibes, decor, and staff were wonderful- the cafe is definitely a plus and I was a fan of how authentically Japanese the property felt. Great access to everywhere in Kyoto- highly recommend!

Lovely guest house, very comfortable rooms and lovely environment. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful! Showers and toilets were perfectly clean and comfortable to use. Rental bike was a nice touch as well, great way to get around Kyoto!

I absolutely loved it here! I booked this place sort of by accident and boy was I surprised! It has a cafe downstairs that I think adds to the charm. The staff was super nice and extremely helpful. I met some awesome people here. I can go on and on about this place! I definitely recommend it! I know I will be back.

The staff is really nice and kind. The kitchen is too small.

I had the most amazing time at Gojo guesthouse, and would highly recommend it to anyone travelling to Kyoto. The staff are all incredibly helpful, and the hostel was a perfect base to meet other travellers and just unwind after a big day. I stayed for four nights, but could easily have stayed for weeks more, and will definitely be coming back next time I visit Kyoto!

• 9th Jul 2015

I had an excellent experience at Gojo. The rooms were comfortable, the cafe was great, and I had some wonderful conversation with the staff (Miwa and Shiori). This hostel is very close to Kiyamisu, but far from some sights like Kinkaku-ji and Arashiyama. I highly recommend renting a bicycle. You cover a lot of ground and get some exercise; moreover, you don't miss out on the in-between sights--local shrines, restaurants, etc.--that are invisible to you if you use the subway to get around.

• 28th Jun 2015

A great place to stay, it's also a cafe so there's activity, actually had a nice live music show on my first night and you can use it as common place - we ended up cooking and eating alltoghether throughout the stay. The staff is amazingly helpful and nice. The rooms are big and clean. Loved it. Thanks for everything!

I had the best time in Japan in this hostel! Staff was super friendly... And great atmosphere! One night there was also live music on... In one word the best hostel in Japan.

Very good atmosphere, there are many travelers to mingle in the common area. The bar is also fantastic with a great selection. The staff is very helpful! The location is very close to metro station. There is nothing negative to say about this awesome hostel. I have already recommended this hostel to a friend and would do it to anyone else!

the best place to stay if you want to be in touch with the core of the city! very pleasant stay in Gojo's!

Everything about this hostel is fantastic. Relaxed vibe, friendly staff and great location to boot