Gojo Guest House Reviews

3-396-2 Gojobashihigashi, Higashiyama-Ku, Kyoto, Japan

One of the best hostel I`ve ever stayed. Beautiful building, good location, clean, the best staff ever. Definitely a place I would recommend to anybody who is spending more than one or two days in Kyoto, maybe on his own, and wants to get in touch with both locals and travellers.

• 9th Oct 2014

Nice, clean guesthouse, employee Miwa is super nice and helpful. Nice relaxed cafe vibe downstairs, if a little quiet. Beds were surprisingly comfortable.

Best guesthouse/hostel I've ever stayed at! The staff were friendly and had exquisite music taste so we got on really well. On my last night there, they made a feast for everyone because we were stuck indoors because of the typhoon. Comfortable bed and lots of facilities. Although its an old building, its kept very clean. When I'm back in Kyoto I will for sure be staying here again!

A really nice hostel. The staff were really cool and had some excellent dining/dranking suggestions. Bike hire is cheap and well convenient, definitely the best and cheapest way to see the Kyoto. Oh, and one last thing.... NOOOMMMMIIIIHHOOODDAAAIIIII

A really wonderful stay here! The staff are so amazing and helpful and the location is perfect. I really enjoyed my stay here and would come back again for sure!

Great hostel in gion, 5 minutes away from where you might spot geishas, with very friendly and fun staff. Great adress, would stay here again

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Luxembourg

One of my favourite stays in Japan. Great staff, very comfortable common space, a proper bar, everything is there to help you meet people and have a nice time. I highly recommend staying there, especially for people travelling alone.

The staff I met was really friendly and helpful. 5-bed female dorm is truly spacious and enjoyable. I haven't stayed in many hostels in Japan so far, but I guess such a spacious dorm should be rare. The problem ─ by my standard a big one ─ is their cleanliness. This is the least clean hostel I've ever stayed in Japan, and it proves not anywhere in Japan is always clean. One more thing, I think this is not a place for those who look for a quiet and cozy place to stay.

Nice location and helpful staff. The owner is very kind and sociable too and I remember having good chats with her! There's also a free drink upon arrival :)

Great location, great vibe, extremely friendly staff. The cafe downstairs is conducive to making new friends. I'm excited to go back to Kyoto just so I can stay there!

This is an amazing place to stay. You can experience traditional Japanese room and enjoy time with people around of the world. Enough facilities for you, friendly Staff and immediate response to your request.

Beautiful little hostel run by really friendly staff who speak great English. Don't be put off by the Japanese style mattresses on the floor, they're really comfortable. Brilliant location with the Geisha district and Kiyomizu-dera temple in walking distance, and a bus stop round the corner to access the rest of the city. The bus system in Kyoto is great (day riders cost 500 yen) though it's a massive city so be warned it takes a while to get anywhere!

Nice location with helpful staff .

Very friendly and helpful staff. Place is clean since you have to remove your shoes before going to the sleeping areas. Clean linen and comfy futon. Good location to subway and tourist attractions. Recommend to take a bus to the location if you are going from Kyoto train station. Will definitely consider to return if I go Kyoto again.

• 24th May 2014
  • Singapore

Super helpful and friendly staff! And the hostel is very cozy that people who stay here would definitely feel at home.

Gojo guest house is a very comfortable place with many good people. I have just stayed there for two nights, but I actually want to stay there for more days.

Staff were very friendly and offered any help without even having to be asked. Being made from an old Japanese style house made it a very nice, rustic-like stay and experience :3