Gojo Guest House Reviews

3-396-2 Gojobashihigashi, Higashiyama-Ku, Kyoto, Japan

I feel like the Gojo should be a secret, but I can't keep it to myself! This place is INCREDIBLE! Before you walk in you've already fallen in love with the place, you just have to take a photo of the vine covered entrance with hand painted signs out the front. The vibe inside is warm and friendly, Kaji gives such a friendly welcome. If I have to describe this place it's like the home you wish you were talented enough to create. Absolutely everything you need is right there.

Friendly staff, laid-back atmosphere and an authentic Japanese feel. Best hostel I've stayed at in Japan!

• 28th Jan 2016

Gojo Guesthouse was one of the best places I have been to. The staff is super-friendly and it has a homelike atmosphere. If you want to experience an international guesthouse that looks like an old 19th century Japanese inn, go check out Gojo's.

Pretty nice hostel located close to temples and the subway. It is a very old house and its age shows. Everything is very clean but the upstairs can get kind of stuffy. The whole place rides a fine line between dingy and charming. If you are lucky you might meet some nice travelers like I did, but for the most part the place was a ghost town during my winter visit. The staff was super awesome, especially Nobue from Peru. Breakfast options are limited but overall a good stay.

Great travellers hostel with friendly, informative staff. Great place to meet fellow travellers and learn about the best things to do in Kyoto.

Great Hostel, cute and cosy, just hanging out in the café was a nice way to spend some time in Kyoto!

I loved Gojo Guesthouse. Without doubt I'll come back here whenever I go to Kyoto.A beautiful old house, very comfy futons in nice dark rooms where you can have a lie in. Chilled out atmosphere and super friendly staff. And cheap! Probably my new all time favourite hostel :)

Very nice and friendly staff, great location close to bus stops, train and some city attractions.

The hot cocoa at the café is very good! The hostel itself is very nice but probably not good for non-smokers since there is no non-smoking area. At our last night here, there were many guests who smoke, and they were all smoking at the social area down stair. Later in the evening, all the second-hand smoke eventually got up to the second floor where the guest rooms were. I had to put a towel over my face to act as an mask to avoid smelling the tobacco while trying to sleep.

• 11th Dec 2015

It is a big hostel and you sleep on tatami and not bunk beds so that is great!

absolutely i loved it here, staff are very lovely and helpful. has a homely atmoshphere nice place to hang out with yummy food and drinks would definitely recommend

Great location Kind people Good mood But too cold shower stall, scared the squatter................

• 28th Nov 2015
  • South Korea

I have to confess, it's not best value for money. BUT the atmosphere and the staff make definitely up for it! They know your name after short time or try to learn it, take interest in your plans and help you whenever they can. But you can as well be on your own, just sit in the cafe and read a book or something alike. It's like your second home.

The hostel is a bit far from the train station but it compensates for being quite close to the key points of interest in Kyoto. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Was an extremely fun hostel to stay at. I highly highly recommend the curry at their restaurant it is tasty and not expensive at all. Very close to convenience stores and to a subway station.

I like that even though the guest house doubles as a cafe, the public area is very cozy and non intrusive. I enjoyed my delicious dinner with soft rock music playing in the background. Compared to other hostels, I am thankful I do not need to queue for laundry services and limited hot shower supply. Toilets are very clean too.

stuff are nice. i like one stuff there she is japanese. but i didnt tell her. i like kyoto. so clean and traditional a jp city.i will go back within a year . atomosphere needs to be improved.aligatou!

Charming traditional building. Cosy bar/cafe serves decent breakfasts. Bike hire is cheap from the hostel and is an excellent way to explore the city.

I am a fan of the staff. super warm and friendly. the rooms cam be irritating to sleep in. noisy people plus thin walls isn't a good combination. maybe the hostel needs to have some rules in place.

Lovely small hostel with friendly staff and a warm atmosphere

« first « Prev 1 2 3