Gold Coast Donosti Reviews

Paseo Zubiaurre 10, San Sebastian, Spain

Can't really review this hostel, as we only stayed there one night when we were supposed to be there three. Apparently the hostel was closing for the season, yet we were still able to book the two nights after they had closed? They made arrangements to move us to another hostel up the road, but still found the whole situation a bit weird. From the one night we were there though, it seemed fine. Feels like you are sleeping in someone's basement, but it's a bed to sleep in and a kitchen to use.

loved this hostel. Such a relaxed friendly atmosphere. The guys running it are incredibly nice and Its an easy walk to everything. Would absolutely recommend. You'll feel like your staying with a bunch of very surfy friends in their house, so much more of a family vibe than a hostel vibe. But the kitchen and lounge area downstairs make it easy to meet other travellers and socialise at night.

The staff was really cool but the place was not very clean and way too expensive for the price. The matresses were also totally old and super uncompftable.

I had a nice stay at this hostel and the guys running it are really friendly. But as you can ready from the other reviews; it really is just a flat with loads of bunk beds stacked on each room. In the 8+10 bed converted garage downstairs there is one toilet and upstairs there's a toilet+shower. Personally I didn't queue up much to get a shower, but with about 26 other visitors in the hostel you might end up waiting a while. There's a small kitchen/livingroom with space for about 7 people.

Add lockers to 10 bed rooms. More showers.

One bathroom (with shower and toilet in the same room) for the entire facility is just not acceptable. No lockers. Not centrally located.

Stayed for 4 nights in the 4 bed dorm which was great. The staff are probably the most friendly hostel staff I've ever come across. Really helpful and just chilled. The kitchen was great and provided a social common room which a lot of hostels lack, and the nearby shopping centres means you can save a bit of coin on meals. Overall I had a good time there, felt safe and comfortable.

• 28th Jul 2015

We had a really great stay, the people were amazing and we had so much fun. the city is on walking distance so you don't need a cab after going out, if u were planning on a surf it is only 5 min from the hostel, could not be better ! this was the perfect stay for us. and by the way the owners are really good looking.

• 28th Jul 2015

Spent three nights in the hostel. Had a great time there. Very friendly and helpful staff which helped create a warm atmosphere in the place. They also kept the place very clean which was great. There is nothing worse than a dirty hostel!! Thanks for a great stay! :)

• 26th Jul 2015

This hostel is way overpriced for what it is - essentially a converted garage. Only one toilet down stairs catering for two 8-10 bed dorms and ONE shower for the whole hostel. There was no common groom, resulted to drinking on the floor of our dorm. The kitchen area is kind of small but has all the facilities you'd expect in a kitchen. The staff were friendly.

I had a excellent stay here. The staff were amazing and they really care about ensuring that you have a nice stay. They helped me out many times when I really needed it. The hostel itself is very clean and has everything that you need. I would definitely recommend this place. Thanks a lot!

Guys have just thrown some bunk beds in their house and called it a hostel. 'Common area' cannot got more than 3 people. No facilities provided. Garage where I slept smelt like mould. Quite far from town. I did not feel safe. I would have loved San Sebastián if not for this hostel

My girlfriends and I stayed here for 4 nights and loved it... 1. Location is 10 minutes from beach, 20 to old town. 2. Staff is always around for questions, constantly cleaning up and very helpful. 3. Although there is only one shower, the max time we waited was 5 minutes, which was no big deal. 4. Basic, clean room, nice roommates. 5. Everything's expensive in San Sebastián, this place is on the cheaper side. 6. Staff was fun to hangout with & showed us a good time around the town!

Friendly staff and great atmosphere. Very clean and good location. But 1 shower for 30 people isn't really enough!

This hostel is alright! Good location and the staff are really good! It's really just a house with 20 bunk beds chucked downstairs

It was better than i expected. I had everything i needed. I really enjoyed the time staying at this hostel. I would visit again if there next time.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Thank you for the wonderful stay! You were most hospitable, helpful, and fun. I have only praise!

• 21st Jul 2015

Great staff

It's just beds in a garage in a house that's been made into a hostel. It's very basic and expensive compared to what you'd pay in other cities across europe but it was one of the cheaper options. Staff very friendly and it has a good atmosphere because it's a small hostel. Very safe too.

I was there for just one night but it was totally woth it. I have met a lot of nice people there and would recommend otot. Everything was very clean. Location its ok, staff really helpful

• 20th Jul 2015