Gold Coast Reviews

Rua Gil Vicente, 48, Lagos, Portugal

Staff was friendly and able to help us with our various queries. The recommendations for activities and places to eat were fantastic!

Really amazing place to stay! Could not fault it at all! Great location, staff are very friendly and helpful and very clean! Had a great stay and would stay here again!!

Carlos and the rest of the staff were so helpful. We felt right at home at Gold Coast! We stayed in a private and we basically had our own apartment with a kitchen and terrace in our building. Great home base and wonderful place to stay!

Gold Coast Hostel is awesome! We loved our two nights here. It's not a party hostel (which was a plus for us) so Ifyoure are in Lagos just to get drunk and party this isn't the place for you but if you are there for any other reason then Gold Coast is the place to be. Super clean, spacious rooms, fully equipped kitchens and free breakfast... Great location!!

We absolutely loved our time at Gold Coast. Booked a private double room at building #2 which is separate from the dorms. It was very clean, spacious, comfortable. The kitchen was useful. The staff (Carlos, Bea, and Manuella) were helpful, friendly, and ensured we had a pleasant stay. Carlos made sangria for us! The only minor complaint wifi didn't work in the room but that was fine. Would very much recommend, through the rest of our travels we find it hard not to compare to this place. Awesome!

Very good hostel. One of the best hostels I have ever been to. Very quiet location and still close enough to the centre. I would certainly return to this hostel. We even had pancakes for breakfast one morning! Another thing I certainly liked was the superfast internet. Because the hostel as so good, I have very few remarks. The only remark I can think of is the absense of night lamps per bed.

Carlos, Beatrice and the other receptionist are all very nice! The rooms and bathrooms are all very clean, kitchen facility is well equipped and clean! In addition, the terrace is a nice place to BBQ in the summer :)

Lagos is beautiful, and this is a great place to stay to make the most of it. Tucked onto a side street, the hostel is in a great location and accessible to all the restaurants and bars as well as a short walk to the closest beach. Very clean, great value. One thing worth noting is how quiet Lagos is in the off-season. I visited for a few days in May (Wednesday though Saturday) and the town was almost dead quiet. Had a room to myself, but got a little bored. Beaches were nearly empty though!

Aside from being very clean and organized, the staff (who are the owners) are the best hosts I have met in the past three months of traveling. Very nice people and place.

• 30th Apr 2015

Clean room, super nice staff, peaceful atmosphere... I was really happy during staying there. I highly recommend this hostel to everyone.

Best value single private room in Lagos! Super friendly staff, excellent wifi, cute roof terrace. Not a party place and feels more like a home than a hostel but there's still tons of people around to meet.

The hostel is super great if you looking for a chilled spot for a chilled holiday. The staff were super friendly and I felt at home there. Kitchen is great you are able to use at any time. Beds were comfortable, the location is great, especially if you want access to exit the "old city" and walk to the cliffs. Everything is walking distance, the hostel is really clean and it does have a roof top terrace. I would recommend if you looking for downtime. Great value for money!

We loved Gold Coast hostel - especially the staff. Carlos is actually the best. Super clean, and very quiet. Rooms are pretty dark, excellent for sleep ins but hard to hang out in during the day. Free welcome drink and easter cake, great breakfast and excellent tips on what to do in Lagos. Definitely go to the recommended trad portugese food place with the yellow flier. You will not regret it.

Really cool hostel. It was a shame that there weren't many people when i stayed there. The staff were really, really kind! They have a lot of facilities too and the kitchen is just perfect! They also have a room with computers that you can use and even a tv with a lot of dvds to watch.

We really liked Gold Coast! Carlos and Manuela were so friendly and helpful, the hostel was clean and comfortable. It was great!