Gold Coast Reviews

Rua Gil Vicente, 48, Lagos, Portugal

Hostel Was really nice comfortable and Clean. Staff Was amazing and helpful in any kinde of question. They made a surprise pancake night to the guest it Was so sweet! Moreover it's placed in the heart of the city but not noisy and good to sleep. I can just recommed this hostel to anybody!

• 13th Oct 2015
  • Hungary

We really enjoyed our stay at Gold Coast. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean and towels were provided free of charge. Common area had computers and a TV with DVDs we could watch when we wanted. Staff were very friendly and helpful - we had our washing and drying done by the staff at a very reasonable price. Carlos the owner/manager was so lovely and welcoming!! Nothing was too much trouble for him and the staff made the guests crepes one day for free! Would stay here again for sure.

Definitely a budget hostel but a great value for the money. Facilities were not extravagant but seemed like they could handle high capacity well. No full lockers available, but there are smaller safes for items like your passport and money. Location was easy to find and centrally located between town center and beaches. Wifi worked well for me the whole time I was there.

This hostel was very welcoming, the staff were super nice and helpful and the vibe was very nice. I would definitely recommend this hostel, the atmosphere was super friendly and it was super clean. :)

If your find good, calm and friendly atmosphere - thats best option! Awesome and polite staff, clean and good shower. Wi-fi is ok. Totally recommend! Отличное место, хорошее расположение и дешево. Неплохие завтраки, рекомендую.

Location is great, place is very clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. Bed not so comfortable and wifi is not the best. Kitchen is a bit small for the amount of people staying there but the terrace is lovely and great when it comes to meet fellow travelers! Nothing to do with the hostel but felt a bit left behind as not being a German speaking person ;)

Great, large hostel that is well located. We came with a group of 17 people and were all extremely happy about the stay. Everything was clean and breakfast was provided which was great. All the other people in the hostel were nice too. The only bad thing was that the wifi wasn't that great but they also had computers for our use if we really needed.

We were accomodated in the "Sunny Coast" building around the block and had a double room there. Everything was great. We had air condition in our room. Wifi was excellent and our beds were quite comfortable. For breakfast we went 100 meters to the main building, it was absolutely no problem for us. We really appreciated the pancake breakfast the staff made one morning. For young people, the hostel is just perfect.

Gold Coast made you feel like family. I was very impressed with staff. My clothes weren't dry after I sent it with staff for laundering and they made sure it was dried properly and delivered it back to me smoothly. There was a worker at 6am to ensure we got to the bus station with taxi on time. That being said, the beds in private housing were so hard. The only night I went to bed sober we couldn't sleep due to this. Also, the safes were outside in a holiday & kept passport and $$ with us.

• 6th Sep 2015

Gold Coast Hostel was a very nice hostel, amazing kitchen and nice terrace to have drinks. Staff were friendly and the location was great. Only downside was how horrible the beds were. Could feel the springs in both mine and my boyfriends beds. Back is still sore after 3 nights sleeping there. Other than that, hostel was great.

This place has no doubt one of the best atmospheres I've been to. Definitely was very lucky with the people staying during my stay, but nevertheless the balcony was a hang out spot for everyone. Not a hugely party hostel but everyone was down to go out every night! Only downsides were: Wifi was absolutely horrible, I don't need Internet for a good time but goddamn it was bad(pretty much didn't exist). 2/4 of the staff were actually really rude and weren't up for a good time(in Lagos...wtf?)

Had such a great stay at Gold Coast, awesome people, awesome location and awesome facilities!

Clean hostel and friendly staff but it is missing the atmosphere of a good hostel.

Clean, sociable, friendly hostel, great location.

• 30th Aug 2015

Hostel is very nice, clean and secure, friendly staff, great location also. Definitely would recommend staying here. It was noisy at nights though, bring earplugs if you want to sleep through the night without being waked up a few times.

Stayed here for two nights in a 6 bed dorm and had enjoyed it. I actually had stayed in another hostel for 4 nights but extended my stay in Lagos so moved hostel. Friendly staff and travellers, really liked the kitchen for cooking & was clean. Great little bathrooms - very modern and clean. Nice room, only thing was plugs were far from bed. Big shoutout to the owner (I think he is?) who put out some breakfast early for me since he knew I was catching a 7am bus. Thank you so much! Very kind :)

Great hostel, friendly staff, kept cool in the intense heat. The owners sangria is incredible and free (when he offers it) beer is sold for 1euro (sometimes cheaper than a corner store), free breakfast is nice. Only cons are uncomfortable beds and wifi works 50% of the time. If those two things get upgraded, this hostel is perfect.

Great hostel, terrific hosts. Loved the sangria and crepes! It was a nice touch that they provided the map and helped us get our bearings when we arrived. Thank you!

• 24th Aug 2015

Absolutely brilliant hostel! Beds and rooms are nothing special but the vibe there is great. Kitchen and terrace are fairly small so everyone sits together and mingles - great way to make friends. The downstairs tv/computer area was perfect for getting out of the afternoon sun in Lagos. Definitely worth a visit if you're in the area.

Awesome hostel! Friendly and helpful staff, good common areas to hang out in and a great place to meet new people. Really close to town centre, bars/restaurants/supermarkets and beach. One of my favourite hostels to stay so far (and I've been to a lot). The kitchen area can get a little squishy during peak times - but that's also why you end up chatting and meeting new people! Cool vibe, cool people, cool place. I'll be back!