Gold Coast Reviews

Rua Gil Vicente, 48, Lagos, Portugal

The owners of this hostel were the best part by far! They spent a lot of time making sure we were settled, that we knew all the best places to visit, eat, and go out to at night. They even made food for my friend who was sick and offered to take her to the hospital. The facilities were great for the price! Perfect location to get to anywhere in Lagos and a friendly, comfortable atmosphere. I would suggest anyone staying in Lagos to consider this option!

Exceptional in every respect. Rarely do you find a hostel that offers such excellent accomodation and superb facilities in such a quiet and convenient location. The rooms and bathrooms are spotlessly clean and the fully-equipped kitchen would be more at home in a showroom than in a hostel. All of this is a tribute to the tireless cleaning staff and the hands-on managers who personally go out of their way to ensure that you enjoy all that Lagos and the surrounding coast has to offer. 10/10.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. They create a great environment. Building is very new and clean.

• 4th Apr 2014

I went during off season and even then I absolutely loved it. The staff was do friendly and everything was really well kept. The kitchen and bathrooms were very clean. The owner made us sangria and helped outline the map for us. It was pretty quit since it was off season but even so I loved it. I'm sure it would be so much fun when it was busier. I would definitely stay here again.

Thanks Carlos for a wonderfully stay in your lovely hostel, one of the best I have stayed in

Carlos was a great host! We had plenty of great dinners with Carlos and his brother Luig. Overall a really great atmosphere!

• 3rd Nov 2013

It was well run. Carlos was cool and so was his brother!

• 2nd Nov 2013

Carlos (the director) is an outstnading host: Friendly and "here to help you". Told us a lot about Portugal, introduced us to local food and was glad to help with anything such as recommendation for the surrounding area.

• 1st Nov 2013

Top place and Carlos (the owner) is a deadset champion, he haves us a heap of tradition Portuguese stuff and was really helpful. Highly recommend it.