Gold Coast Reviews

Rua Gil Vicente, 48, Lagos, Portugal

This must be one of the most welcoming places I have ever stayed in. The staff is always there if you need something. I can only recommend this hostel.

That was the best hostel I've ever been to. Staff was very helpful, especially Artur without H. I highly recommend it!

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Slovenia

This hostel was a good surprise for me! It looks like new and very clean. Situated near all the beaches, restaurant and bars, but in a small street so it's really quiet. I liked the fact that everyone had a drink on the terrasse in the evening and went out at midnight so the ones that wanted to sleep could do it. Arthur is a great host, ask him for more information about the city or the country and you will learn a lot!!

Carlos was very helpful. We had a private double room which had a seperate kitchen, living and eating area. We also had a seperate terrace and wifi to the main hostel which was great. Very quiet hostel as mentioned but only a 1min walk to where the party was at the bars

I have no complaints about the Gold Coast except for one staff member who worked at night (maybe 12am-8am). Not sure what his name was but we arrived back at the hostel after a night out, at 3am or so, he was very hostile and aggressive towards my friend and I for no reason at all. We made very little noise but he still appeared to be threatening us, gesturing he would break my friends neck. He's old and has a handlebar mustache so look out for him. He shouldn't have a job The rest were great!

• 1st Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very good hostel. Strikes a balance between being a social hostel but not a party hostel. Cleaner and quieter than most hostels in Lagos. Most of the loud drunks stay at the party hostels. Only shortcoming was they don't have lockable lockers. They do offer personal safety boxes but they aren't big enough to fit laptops or tablets, let alone bags. That said, I never felt like my stuff wasn't safe in the room.

Perfect minus the grumby old fella who works over night. Arthur though is a bloody legend!

Gold Coat was a very clean and ideally placed hostel, I would stay again. However it is worth saying that they are very much NOT a party hostel, which obviously isn't always a bad thing. They have no group events with the hostel, such as pub crawls or evening meals and there is a extremely strict no noise policy after midnight.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

We stayed in a Private Room with Ensuite Bathroom which isn't located in the main building but with all other Private Rooms in a separate Building around the corner (comes also with big kitchen & cosy common room with TV & fast WiFi). Because of this it's really quiet at night and that was exactly what we were looking for. All in all it was a very good experience and the only - was the missing Wifi in the Room.

Gold Coast is a great hostel to meet people! There is a party atmosphere, but it is not out of control. The kitchen has plenty of space and was recently renovated. The location is great for going out to the bars at night and hitting up the beach during the day. The staff was very friendly and super helpful.

If you're looking for a party hostel though, this isnt it! You will meet people and go party with them, which is great! But nothing planned or promoted by the hostel.

• 23rd Aug 2014

great location, some friendly staff, extremely rude security person you are not welcome to make any noise after 12. Also a lot of signs telling you to have fun but don't bring sand back, don't be loud etc etc it's a strict place

Had a great time at Gold Coast Hostel in Lagos! The patio was a great place to meet people and all the guests were very friendly during my stay. The kitchen is all new, and great for cooking meals and socializing. The only downside about this place is the very strict rules about the patio closing at 12. It is definitely a quiet hostel too, as their are rules about noise levels late at night, so it was nice to be able to come home after a night of partying to somewhere quiet.

The facilities were extremely clean. Arthur was fantastic and always gave great recommendations. The hostel is run really well by the staff. There is an outdoor terrace that is great to sit and enjoy the sunshine, although I do wish the decor was done a bit better to make it feel a little more comfortable. Other than that, everyone was so friendly and the hostel was great!

Great place great vibe great facilities staff were friendly and it's a great town

This place was very relaxing. As they mention in the ad, it's not a party hostel. But Lagos is a pretty small town so it's near all the bars and nightlife so it's perfectly fine to go out and return to a calm environment. My biggest issue was they didn't have security lockers to put your bag in. They did have small safes big enough for essential paperwork and money though.

Amazing place! Very friendly and knowledgeable staff, individual showers and great atmosphere. Everyone starts with drinks on the roof top terrace and then heads out on the town for drinks. One of the best hostels of my trip

I loved my stay at Gold Coast - 6 nights. Spacious rooms, great kitchen, ARTHUR!! (the best). They offer many services for great value. Cheap drinks available, but you may bring your own. Not a "party hostel" but still a great vibe. Everyone gets together for a drink on the rooftop and heads out to the bars at 12. Thanks for everything Arthur!

• 17th Aug 2014

A bit of a weird atmosphere. Showers have a timer which was annoying after every 2 minutes they turn off. Nice staff,great kitchen and balcony. The air was great!

This hostel was a bit of a let down. One member of night staff was extremely rude and yelled at us for making too much noise, at 7am for tucking a chair in too loudly. The bedrooms were basic and there were not enough power points.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5