Gold Coast Reviews

Rua Gil Vicente, 48, Lagos, Portugal

Arthur was absolutely fantastic. He showed us everything we need to know about the place and was always there if we had any questions. Fantastic hostel!

• 22nd Jul 2014

Very nice place ! The owner was very kind taking a lot of time explaning the city. Thank you.

Great people, awesome and helpful staff (big ups to Arther) Def reccommend people to stay here

• 18th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Great hostel, excellent, friendly and helpful staff. Super clean and good kitchen facilities. Would definitely stay there again!

Excellent facilities. Extremely clean. All you could ask for in a hostel. Second time round for us too

Not a party hostel in any way - you sign a contract upon arrival agreeing not to throw up or bring anyone back to the hostel. However, the guy on reception is very friendly and incredibly helpful.

Great hostel, the staff in particular are very friendly and always willing to help.

My single room was smack bang in the middle of the reception area, communal bathrooms, kitchen so was very noisy especially when everyone came home from the pubs. I found it hard to sleep but the manager was v helpful and allowed me to check out and returned my money for the nights I didn't stay. I was also very sick at the time and the manager helped me get to hospital to see an English speaking Dr. Was extremely clean, just a bit noisy for me.

• 6th Jul 2014

Sorry about your situation while you stayed here. But the fact is that you were sick, something we are always sorry about. That was the problem. We do not agree that this is a noisy place at all. We are not a party Hostel. The night noise would be considered normal if you were in good shape. We wish you Safe travels and specially in good shape. Thank you.

I thought this hostel was perfect for my stay in Lagos. My brother and I shared a private room in the apartment a block away and it was ideal. Kitchen facilities are brand new and host was extremely friendly and helpful. I think the bathrooms and bedrooms could use some more lighting but that's pretty minimal. I would 100% recommend and my brother preferred this hostel over the surf one he stayed at last year. The location couldn't be better also!

Brill location with a good, quiet nights sleep but still two mins walk from night life and fun, including one of the main late clubs at the bottom of the road. Great for meeting people and although it is quiet at night, everyone drinks in lounge, terrace, or kitchen before heading out. You can use away at their kitchen, cook and store anything you like. Fav thing was the owners, particularly the man who sits you down for a good 10 mins and goes through all the main locations on a map. Great spot

good rooms. friendly and knowledgeable staff. great terrace for meeting other people. good location, short walk to all the beaches.

Probably the most helpful and understanding staff I've met. Super friendly with a great attitude. They spent a good 5 minutes going over a map of Lagos showing me the places to go and things to see. The bed was comfy and clean. Nice common area with plenty of movies. It also has a roof top terrace, would definitely stay here again!

Had a great time here, the hostel has all the facilities you need. Great for socialising and also getting a good nights sleep especially considering the crazy night life. Close to the beaches too which was a bonus.

Nice hostel

Great hostel right in the middle of town. Awesome rooftop to eat/pre drink. Rooms come with lockers and towels, there is also a really good common room with heaps of couches. Staff were really helpful organising kayak tours and tickets to the water park. Not a party hostel but you can still drink on the roof till 12 then you can hit the nightlife which is all around and gets going about then anyway. Would definately go back here

Awesome hostel, very nice staff! It really isn't a party hostel, but it's still super fun!

The staff are fantastic! As soon as you walk in the door they want to make you feel comfortable and settled in, money is not the first thing they want. The facilities are good and having a free breakfast was great! Its very close to the centre of town. I loved Lagos and think it's such an incredibly beautiful place. Make sure you go sea kayaking and spend plenty of time at the beaches! Beds were on the hard side, but the price for the hostel was definitely worth its value!! A

Great staff, almost over enthusiastic! Helped with anything an everythig you needed, good facilities eg. Kitchen was great & clean with BBQ n sweet terrace on the roof. Plenty of bathrooms, balcony for our room (8 bed mixed dorm). Not a party hostel as they mention but still had plenty of drinks on the terrace with other travellers. All in I'd say definitely worth staying if your not keen to party every night in lagos but still have the option there I you want to.

Friendly and helpful staff.

Good: Great location, good vibe (as long as you're looking to party most nights) and a great kitchen Bad: Safes are too small to fit laptops, WiFi was really slow or didn't work at all & some kind of harsh rules (20 euro fine for vomiting!). Also one more piece of advice to the staff: try and speed up the check-in process; I had to wait for 15-20mins just to start the check-in process and it was lengthier than it needed to be, esp. after long trip. Other people I asked echoed this sentiment.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4