Gold Coast Reviews

Rua Gil Vicente, 48, Lagos, Portugal

Great hostel, friendly staff, kept cool in the intense heat. The owners sangria is incredible and free (when he offers it) beer is sold for 1euro (sometimes cheaper than a corner store), free breakfast is nice. Only cons are uncomfortable beds and wifi works 50% of the time. If those two things get upgraded, this hostel is perfect.

Great hostel, terrific hosts. Loved the sangria and crepes! It was a nice touch that they provided the map and helped us get our bearings when we arrived. Thank you!

• 24th Aug 2015

Absolutely brilliant hostel! Beds and rooms are nothing special but the vibe there is great. Kitchen and terrace are fairly small so everyone sits together and mingles - great way to make friends. The downstairs tv/computer area was perfect for getting out of the afternoon sun in Lagos. Definitely worth a visit if you're in the area.

Awesome hostel! Friendly and helpful staff, good common areas to hang out in and a great place to meet new people. Really close to town centre, bars/restaurants/supermarkets and beach. One of my favourite hostels to stay so far (and I've been to a lot). The kitchen area can get a little squishy during peak times - but that's also why you end up chatting and meeting new people! Cool vibe, cool people, cool place. I'll be back!

Excellent location, really close to the main beaches, the breakfast was complete and there were many facilities such as computers and a TV with a wide collection of movies that made the stay perfect. I would definitely stay there again!

Staff was nice and helpful and roof terrace was a cool meeting place. But the hostel was always dirty. Showers smelled. And the free breakfast was very weak. To get some decent wi-fi, you had to go all the way down to the common room or the reception (if you were lucky). At night, they left the front door open so the noise of the lock wouldn't wake the people in the room next to the door. There was an employee up all night, but he didn't ask people's ID or anything.

• 15th Aug 2015

This hostel was fantastic, could not fault it in anyway. Staff were fantastic, the place was very clean for a hostel and location was perfect. We stayed in the bottom level of the hostel and it was super quiet which is good if you spend the previous night out on the town. Very close to the beaches. Great hostel

Do not stay at this hostel. There are no lockers in the room so you have to use the safety boxes they have, however these are also outside of the room. We got a phone, camera, and two hundred euro stolen from the safe, and two other people we talked to there got money stolen from their safes as well. When we spoke to the owners, telling them we were missing our stuff, they became extremely defensive and offered no help whatsoever. Beds are horrible, kitchen is too small. No fridge space at all.

The safety of our guests is our biggest concern. We even have 24 hours reception. Individual lockers are provided and only the guest knows the personal code as they themselves set them. We also provide a storage room and we always do our best to keep our clients safe and satisfied with our service.

Decent hostel, but didnt feel at home. I stayed in the apartments, which is completely separate. I would recommend to the hostel that at a minimum they provide coffee and possibly cereal for the apartment guests. I never went to breakfast at the hostel, because it was inconvenient to have to completely leave my building and walk. The lighting in the apartment was awful. At night, I could not use the mirror in the bathroom to get ready because it was so dim. Place was very clean.

Nice hostel! Easy to get everywhere in Lagos from and not as loud as all of the party hostels

Staff were amazing, so friendly and inviting. I got to the hostel and they changed my room from a 4 shared to a 2 shared on my request and didn't charge me at all. The place is so clean and the showers are great. I really enjoyed staying here.

• 9th Aug 2015

Best hostel with such a great crew. Really good terrace to meet people so great for a solo traveller! Great party hostel!!

• 5th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Very quiet and relaxing hostel but there were only 3 bathrooms...

I could not speak more highly of hostel. I had a swollen ankle during my stay and could barely walk. The staff here made me feel like I was staying with family - they drove me to the pharmacy + hospital without question and quickly accommodated additional nights so I could rest. Just to show how they go the extra mile for their guest. There is a tv room to chill out and also an outdoor terrace which everyone will have drinks on before going out so its very easy to meet people for solo travellers

• 4th Aug 2015

We had a great stay at Gold Coast. We had a double bed private room which was super quiet at night with an awesome kitchen to use. Good atmosphere over at the main house. The staff were super friendly and extremely helpful!

The stay here overall was pleasant. It was cool indoors, breakfast was good and there were ample showers available to use. Lounge area was nice and they had a good selection of movies to pass the afternoon sun. They were very organized and efficient in the check in and out process. My main issue has to do with the lockers. They have these nice, fancy coded lockers for your usage, but they're not useful for anything larger than an iPad mini and passports. Not very good if you're in a mixed dorm!

The wifi is painfully slow. The gentleman at reception operates at a similar speed. Nice bloke, but boy this hostel is running a bed allocation system from the medieval times. Having to change rooms in a hostel for a booking of three is ridiculous.

• 2nd Aug 2015

Gold Coast is great, we were in the other building. Nice and quiet, clean, great staff, close to everything. couldn't ask for more. Id be fairly certain that this is the best hostel in Lagos

• 1st Aug 2015

Air con was up just a little too high at times in the room and common room

Great place in a great location. Room was clean and spacious, staff was nice and helpful - place definitely worth recommanding.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5