Gold Coast Reviews

Rua Gil Vicente, 48, Lagos, Portugal

My friend and I are both uni students who were looking for a weekend getaway in Lagos. We stayed here and had absolutely no complaints. Arthur was so helpful and nice. He gave us a ton of recommendations and even set up our airport transportation. We stayed in the double suite and it was very clean and big. The location was perfect, about a 3 minute walk to the restaurants and bars and a 7 minute walk to the closest beach. I would definitely stay here again!

• 17th Oct 2014

Excellent hostel with great facilities. Not a party hostel which is ( from my point if view ) is a good thing. Helpful staff and I'd definitely book here if I'm back to lagos one day.

This was my first introduction to hostelling, and it has definitely left me eager to do more of this style of travel. I particularly appreciated all that the Gold Coast did to ensure that the assurance of it not being a party hostel would hold true. This hostel is incredibly clean, and provides everything backpackers could require.

Arthur is amazing! Helped us settle in perfectly. Nice, quiet hostel.

we had a private seperate bedroom but everything was fine. the only downside was the poor ventilation of the room.

My second time staying at this hostel! Chill vibe, great staff, so helpful and accommodating, we were able to add an extra night because we didnt want to leave Lagos! Met some amazing people, and breakfast is a great starter to the day! Wifi also works everywhere. Small lockers with personal code for saftey a really great feature as well. Will definitely return!!

This hostel has everything and ticks all the boxes I require, close proximity to the town,cleanliness ,security. In addition it had good amenities and staff who were most helpful.

Private Double bedrooms situated in a different house one street away. So you share kitchen with only eight person.thats a luxury.because of this nice hostel we have stayed a whole week in lagos-not just three nights. Stay there!!!

This must be one of the most welcoming places I have ever stayed in. The staff is always there if you need something. I can only recommend this hostel.

We stayed in a separate building where all the double rooms are and found there was very little going on in the hostel. However, we had the shared bathroom and kitchen all for ourselves! :) The manager was extremely helpful in showing us around and helping us plan our short stay. Thanks!

That was the best hostel I've ever been to. Staff was very helpful, especially Artur without H. I highly recommend it!

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Slovenia

This hostel was a good surprise for me! It looks like new and very clean. Situated near all the beaches, restaurant and bars, but in a small street so it's really quiet. I liked the fact that everyone had a drink on the terrasse in the evening and went out at midnight so the ones that wanted to sleep could do it. Arthur is a great host, ask him for more information about the city or the country and you will learn a lot!!

My friend and I had the best experience at this hostel. The bathrooms were spacious and extremely clean. The owner, Arthur, was an incredible help and so friendly. His presence added to the experience. The kitchen was spacious and they sold local organic wine for a great price and it was yummy! The location was within walking distance to everything that you want. It was possibly our favourite hostel that we stayed at on our 6 week trip.

Carlos was very helpful. We had a private double room which had a seperate kitchen, living and eating area. We also had a seperate terrace and wifi to the main hostel which was great. Very quiet hostel as mentioned but only a 1min walk to where the party was at the bars

I have no complaints about the Gold Coast except for one staff member who worked at night (maybe 12am-8am). Not sure what his name was but we arrived back at the hostel after a night out, at 3am or so, he was very hostile and aggressive towards my friend and I for no reason at all. We made very little noise but he still appeared to be threatening us, gesturing he would break my friends neck. He's old and has a handlebar mustache so look out for him. He shouldn't have a job The rest were great!

• 1st Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very good hostel. Strikes a balance between being a social hostel but not a party hostel. Cleaner and quieter than most hostels in Lagos. Most of the loud drunks stay at the party hostels. Only shortcoming was they don't have lockable lockers. They do offer personal safety boxes but they aren't big enough to fit laptops or tablets, let alone bags. That said, I never felt like my stuff wasn't safe in the room.

Perfect minus the grumby old fella who works over night. Arthur though is a bloody legend!

Gold Coat was a very clean and ideally placed hostel, I would stay again. However it is worth saying that they are very much NOT a party hostel, which obviously isn't always a bad thing. They have no group events with the hostel, such as pub crawls or evening meals and there is a extremely strict no noise policy after midnight.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

We stayed in a Private Room with Ensuite Bathroom which isn't located in the main building but with all other Private Rooms in a separate Building around the corner (comes also with big kitchen & cosy common room with TV & fast WiFi). Because of this it's really quiet at night and that was exactly what we were looking for. All in all it was a very good experience and the only - was the missing Wifi in the Room.

Gold Coast is a great hostel to meet people! There is a party atmosphere, but it is not out of control. The kitchen has plenty of space and was recently renovated. The location is great for going out to the bars at night and hitting up the beach during the day. The staff was very friendly and super helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5