Golden Gobi Reviews

Chingeltei district, 40000 Microdistrict building, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Great hostel! Really nice staff, they can arrange almost everything for you. 5-10min walk to all the important spots in UB. I did the tour to the gobi desert (8nights) and loved it, the driver and the guide were awesome (and the guide also cooked very well). I am traveling alone, so was a bit afraid of not finding anyone to do the tours with, but that was really easy cause they have new people joining tours almost everyday. I recommend it!

I have nothing but good things to say about this place! The saff is so friendly and they know their Mongolia. If you are uncertain about what to do while you're in Mongolia head to this place and they will hook you up with a tour of your liking. A friendly super place, highly recommend it!

I enjoyed my one-night stay at the Golden Gobi. The room was clean and spacious, just what I wanted. Oh, yes! Thank you for the great breakfast!

A good adress but in my opinion the hostel sounds like a factory in summer ! A lot of people paying for tours every minute !!!

The hostel location, staff and atmosphere are excellent, but there aren't enough bathroom for the people and the hour-limit to internet access make us difficult because we're 12 hours difference with our country.

good travelling atmosphere, nice trip with driver, good breakfast

• 4th Aug 2014

very nice hostel, with a rich breakfast. I made a tour and was excellente, with a very good guide! The rules of the hostel are clear, but the guests did a lot of noise after 11 pm and this is a problem, mainly for the rooms near to the reception... but in general its a very good place to stay

Really lovely staff, very welcoming, helped us book a great trip to Central Mongolia at good value for money. Staff speak good English and are very helpful.

• 30th Jul 2014

Our second hostel in UB, liked it a lot! Good clean rooms and good showers. Also the lounge room downstairs gives a good vibe. it's a minute away from the large departmentstore so one of the best locations. Also a lot of backpackers (mostly dutch) who give a friendly vibe.

Its hard to review this place without also including the tour/business aspect of it. The hostel it self is great. Simple clean rooms, nice breakfast and helpful staff. The morning get crazy here with all the coming and going. It is a good place to gear up and plan an trip into the country.

Had an amazing time in the Golden Gobi. A lively and cosy place to stay, to meet people and to do a tour. Congrats to the staff and to the fantastic guides and drivers! Sophie.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

We loved the Golden Gobi. They organize great trips, free pick up from the train station, every kind of shop and exchange office a 2 minute walk away, the staff is just perfect. You will definetly love your stay at the Golden Gobi. We would love to stay longer there!

Straff is fantastic, cleanliness in the living room, floors, etc. is excellent since they are cleaned multiple times a day. Common toilets

Private double room with private bath - felt spacious, temperature inside was excellent - never too hot or cold. Really enjoyed feeling relaxed in my own space at the end of my touring. Relatively clean. King size bed was one of the more comfortable beds during my stay at various accommodations throughout Mongolia. Location was great for walking to shopping and sightseeing around Sukhbaatar Square, close to central p. office. Appreciated the free Internet/computer use. Noisy though.

• 21st Jul 2014

The place was crowded and noisy due to too many people. Their recommended tour(ger to ger) was a good experience but the toilet was too dirty. Staff was kind and knowledgable about tour courses.

We had a great time in Mongolia, largely thanks to Golden Gobi. They reserved tickets for us for the Nadam Festival and organised a great trip involving trekking, cultural immersion, historic and natural sites even though we only had limited time. I highly recommend them!

staff was good

• 6th Jul 2014

I would leave a few additional comments, but with the limit of 500 characters, there is no room. I will leave a mixed-but-trending-toward-negative review on other websites.

Staff went through great lengths to ensure my vacation plan came to pass even if it was decided at last minute, for that I say thanks. Good atmosphere, very popular with backpackers.

this is the best place to stay in UB.. people here are very nice..they also have very good tours with very affordable price..if ever i will be back in UB again i will definitely stay here...miss them already....from Philippines

« first « Prev 1 2 3