Golden Gobi Reviews

Chingeltei district, 40000 Microdistrict building, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Good hostel but a bit loud and busy. staff were helpful and the rooms are nice and showers etc good

Nice hostel in perfect location. A bit too busy for my liking but still good.

The value for money is unbeatable. Excellent location, the staff is very friendly and they help you with everything that you need for your tours in Mongolia. No matter if it is for two days or two months they organise everything for you.

very nice hostel. the staff is amazing and their tours also. ii've just did a elevendays tour and everything was amazing. i plan to go back to mongolia and back to this hostel.

• 12th Aug 2015

I came to Mongolia with no plan and the hostel helped me squeeze in a homestay at a traditional ger for a few nights. Theyrooms were comfortable and breakfast was enough to keep me full for the day. Showers were nice and clean with hot water. Kitchen was clean as well with free water! There was one day when electricity was out but I was able to go out and explore the city for a few hours. The staff can definitely make an itinerary according to your needs.

• 10th Aug 2015

stayed 4 nights in the golden Gobi hostel during the 2.5 weeks (1* 10-bed-room, 3* own room). The trip we booked there was really great. I can recommend it. +Breakfast is good +staff helpful. -facitilies (bathroom) are not always clean. -too many people for the small kitchen facilities -Staff did not remember us and some chaotic situation happened (forgot to inform driver) They seem to be a bit overcharged. -the last day we were not allowed to stay and wait for the flight without paying

I really enjoyed stay at Golden Gobi. The location is very good, next to State Department, Peace Ave, Beatles St., and restaurants. This is one of the best centers to arrange trips and find information. I stayed two nights and moved out to Ramada Hotel. I should have kept staying there, though. Even though I left this guest house, they arranged a night tour to watch stars. I really appreciated this.Staff are very friendly and informative. Watch out! there is only one bathroom for hot water.

Had a short 2 day stay at Golden Gobi before going on a tour with a different guesthouse. Really appreciative of the early morning pick up from the train station! And breakfast was always very good and pleanty of it! The staff tried very hard to find a tour to suit us unfortunately this didn't work out due to not being able to find others to join to reduce price. Toilet situation a bit if he in the morning with queues and showers not the best but fine.

Had great stay before and after I had joined a cultural exchange. Staff very helpful and speak English. Great location 3 minutes to State dept. store which has huge supermarket, currency exchange and tourist information center. Only minor downside was toast breakfast but lots of places to eat close by. Enjoyed my stay. Wifi works great and they have two computers available

My short stay in the hostal was the worst ever. I booked 4 nights, as soon as arrive I had to pay for 3 nights altough I explained I would only stay 2. A couple hours later I was asked to pay again. I had no receipt. So a rain of accusation against myself and in such agressive tone. I pay another night and left the hostal as soon as possible (I end up not staying there at all). My dorm colleagues explain that they had done the same to other guests. Avoid this place. Or ask for a receipt!

When you make your booking we sent you an email with our policy stating that you need to change or cancel your reservation freely 48 hours in advance prior to your arrival.When you were about to pay you were short of money&asked to pay when you return to get the luggage. But, when you come back you were refused to pay by saying you already paid, when it happened there were other guests who witnessed & you were quite embarrassed of your action and had to leave quickly. Thanks for your review.

I had a very nice stay here. Everyone was lovely and the facilities were top notch. Thank you so much for making my stay easy and enjoyable. I'll be sure to come back.

The staff and tours at this hostel were great! When we got there they helped us arrange a tour that fit in our time frame and it was fabulous. I would definitely recommend golden gobi to friends going to visit Mongolia. The hostel building itself was fine but the tour was the best part!

Such a fantastic hostel. Collected us from the airport and really looked after U.S. Free breakfast, tea, coffee etc. really delicious. They also organise amazing tours, we only had 5 days and they sorted us out the most incredible trip staying with nomadic families, riding horses and camels, seeing the desert as well as the beautiful green countryside. The driver and English speaking guide were lovely. When we got back they upgraded us from a dorm to a triple room. Such friendly people.

• 20th Jul 2015

Organised a great 2 night tour for us and were really helpful with restaurants etc. Their other tours looked really great too but we were time poor.

Sehr gute Lage, gutes Frühstück. Die Mitarbeiter sind leider unterbesetzt und daher zeitweise total überfordert, auch wird zu einigen Notlügen gegriffen um ihre Touren besser zu verkaufen. Es gab auch noch ein sehr unschönes Erlebnis bei der Bitte mein Gepäck unter zu stellen: Es war angeblich kein Platz (obwohl wenige Minuten zuvor jemand sein Gepäck aus dem Lager geholt hat), ich wurde zum Zweithostel verwiesen, dort wurde auf meine Bitte einfach das Licht erloschen und das Zimmer verlassen!

Ms. Ogie and all the staff are excellent professionals. They make easy everything.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Spain

I had a great stay at Golden Gobi-- I actually stayed a total of 3 nights, not just the one I booked initially. I found the staff to be extraordinarily helpful-- Ogie, the owner, is highly knowledgeable and is able to help travellers of all types figure out a tour or plan travel around Mongolia (with and without a guide). The bunks are squeaky, but the pillows were big and fluffy; the showers are a little grimy, but it's a hostel.

• 12th Jul 2015

Very good guesthouse, good experence with three days tour.

Staff was unfriendly and not very helpful

This is very popular hostel and it also has many staffs to keep it clean

« first « Prev 1 2 3