Golden Gobi

9.0
Superb 757 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 31-40
12th Mar 2017

Good location right in the centre of UB. Staff are helpful and friendly. There's a good mix of travelers to connect with, and the GG's tour service is marvelous. Did two trips with my folks and was highly satisfied with both.

5th Mar 2017

I had an amazing time here! Met a few people in the hostel and organised a tour for 5 days with them. Nassa (guide) and Gamba (driver) where amazing and super helpful with history and facts about Mongolia! Look no further, you have found your place to stay in mongolia!!

• England, Female, 18-24
2nd Mar 2017

Loved this hostel. Great common area making it very easy to meet other travellers, and you can also book tours and drivers here. Staff were very friendly and helpful, and they provide breakfast and all day tea and coffee. Perfect location just off Peace Avenue; I was able to walk everywhere I wanted to go. Showers and toilets were always clean and the water was warm. Would definitely stay here again.

• Australia, Couple, 31-40
2nd Mar 2017

Located in an unbeatable location just behind the department store, the hostel was extremely clean and our double room was light and spacious. The included breakfast was a real bonus. The staff were extremely and all spoke good kevels of English helpful but a special mention must go to Crystal who was our tour leader on the Nomad Family stay she really went out of her way to make sure we understood the history and culture. We would have no hesitation in staying here again if we return.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
1st Mar 2017

I actually only booked this hostelntonise the showers between coming in from the Gobi and heading off on the train. The staff were lovely and the facilities very clean. The only downside is that there is no key code for the front door, you just have to knock and hope someone hears you - I was stuck outside for 10minutes in winter before someone opened the door!

• England, Couple, 25-30
2nd Feb 2017

Had an amazing stay at Golden Gobi. The staff were amazing and our tour guide and driver gave us one of the best trips we've ever been on. I couldn't recommend them highly enough.

19th Jan 2017

Golden Gobi is definitely now an extention of my own family. Although I arrived in non-peak season the staff was so incredible at helping me make the most out of my stay and being solo on a budget. Each staff member went out of their way to keep me company, help me get things I needed, and navigate town. Along the trans siberian I've already recommended golden gobi to so many people, and I could go on for ages about how great my experience was. Tours were fantastic, staff was wonderful! Go go!!!

8th Jan 2017

Golden Gobi was phenomenal. And the staff were the friendliest and most helpful of any hostel I've ever stayed in (and I've stayed in quite a few).

• England, Couple, 31-40
29th Dec 2016

Excellent little hostel with their own Mongolian owned and run travel agency. The staff are really helpful and nice - cooked us breakfast when we arrived at 5:50 am! The tours they do are excellent value for money, over 4 times cheaper than other tours

29th Oct 2016

Lovely place with lovely staff! A good place to go in Ulaan Baator. They offer great trips, which I took and didn't feel too touristy (you need a tour organized in Mongolia, it's too remote otherwise). Boogii was the sweetest ever, I really liked her. And having breakfast made everyday was a real treat after so many weeks in the train! They picked me up at the train station early morning, and still made me breakfast even though I was to check in later in the afternoon.