Golden Gobi

Fabulous 749 Total Reviews
Fabulous 749 Total Reviews

• England, Couple, 25-30
2nd Feb 2017

Had an amazing stay at Golden Gobi. The staff were amazing and our tour guide and driver gave us one of the best trips we've ever been on. I couldn't recommend them highly enough.

19th Jan 2017

Golden Gobi is definitely now an extention of my own family. Although I arrived in non-peak season the staff was so incredible at helping me make the most out of my stay and being solo on a budget. Each staff member went out of their way to keep me company, help me get things I needed, and navigate town. Along the trans siberian I've already recommended golden gobi to so many people, and I could go on for ages about how great my experience was. Tours were fantastic, staff was wonderful! Go go!!!

8th Jan 2017

Golden Gobi was phenomenal. And the staff were the friendliest and most helpful of any hostel I've ever stayed in (and I've stayed in quite a few).

• England, Couple, 31-40
29th Dec 2016

Excellent little hostel with their own Mongolian owned and run travel agency. The staff are really helpful and nice - cooked us breakfast when we arrived at 5:50 am! The tours they do are excellent value for money, over 4 times cheaper than other tours

29th Oct 2016

Lovely place with lovely staff! A good place to go in Ulaan Baator. They offer great trips, which I took and didn't feel too touristy (you need a tour organized in Mongolia, it's too remote otherwise). Boogii was the sweetest ever, I really liked her. And having breakfast made everyday was a real treat after so many weeks in the train! They picked me up at the train station early morning, and still made me breakfast even though I was to check in later in the afternoon.

• Germany, Female, 31-40
28th Oct 2016

Great hostel. The staff is super friendly. Facilities are clean. We also went on a tour for 12 days around Mongolia. Absolutely spectacular. Bogie was the guide and made is very special for us. Of u can ask for Ogie as the driver. He is the best. Totally recommended the hostel.

• Russia, Female, 25-30
27th Oct 2016

A good place to stay in UB, close to the main street and walking distance to anything you need. Kitchen with tea and coffee, decent beds. Helpful staff.

27th Oct 2016

It was a very nice place to stay, comfortable, great location, and we had beakfast included every day (eggs, bread, marmelade, coffee, tea). They offer a variety of organized tours as well.

• Denmark, All Female Group, 18-24
23rd Oct 2016
7.4

I have really mixed feelings about my stay at Golden Gobi. On the hand it was an absolutely amazing hostel with friendly staff, free breakfast served according to what you wish, and free pickup and drop-off service from the train station. On the hand, however the facilities were not especially impressive - one day the toilet didn't work, the other day it was the shower and hot water was a rarity. I would however wholeheartedly recommend their travel/tour-services as the were impeccable.

• England, Couple, 25-30
14th Oct 2016

Great location can walk everywhere easily. We went on the tour to the national park and gengis khan statue and it was really great