Golden Gobi

Superb 802 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 18-24
14th Jul 2017
4.0

The staff are the worst that I have ever seen and this makes everything else awful. they are rude and obnoxious, unwilling to help and all they want is your money and for you to a tour. DONT GO THERE!!!!!!

9th Jul 2017

Very good hostel and they offer fantastic tours of the country as well. Perfect place to stay in UB and a great company to travel round Mongolia with!

• susanylyoung8058
  • USA, Female, 41+
3rd Jul 2017

Staff is wonderfully responsive and helpful. They are very useful for organizing tours of all types. Well located. Showers and toilets very clean. Quiet relaxed common area lounge downstairs. Main floor seating and kitchen a little tight, but it's usable and working area. I highly recommend Golden Gobi!!

30th Jun 2017

Stayed here going and coming from a trip to Olgii, and they accommodated for our late arrival and departure times. They organized taxis for us and with a few knocks on the door they were awake for us. They're great!

30th Jun 2017

Excellent hostel, if you want to explore and get the most out of Mongolia you will want to stay here. The staff are very knowledgable about Mongolia and the trips they provide will give you the experience you want to have, even though I was only there for three nights they found something for me to do outside of the city. The hostel is very well looked after with staff always cleaning and there is a great atmosphere with a good mix of people.

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
29th Jun 2017

The beds are creaking, so that was nog very nice but they made up for that by everything else!

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
27th Jun 2017

We absolutely loved this place. The staff is incredible, breakfast is great -egg cereal toast coffee. Very clean. Right across from state department store so great location. Their tour director Ogi is also amazing. Very knowledgeable gives you the best deal she can find and met all our requests.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
27th Jun 2017

Golden Gobi was a wonderful hostel and I wish I could have stayed longer. I hadn't intended to go on any of the tours they offer, but when I saw one I couldn't resist, it was arranged for the following morning with minimal fuss, at a very low cost, and it was totally unforgettable. No complaints whatsoever - but something to keep in mind is that the dorm rooms get quite stuffy in hot weather as they don't have air conditioning or much ventilation.

• USA, Female, 25-30
24th Jun 2017

Super awesome hostel! The staff are great, friendly and nice. Good hostel set-up, I was in a 6 bed mixed dorm. Breakfast was really good. Super close to great museums. I didn't take a tour but everyone I talked to who did said it was great.

24th Jun 2017
7.1

Recipe for frustration Clean, modern, good social vibe--all too bad given that the hostel exists to funnel travelers into tours. They don't make it easy though, expect to spend hours waiting around the hostel just trying to get ahold of someone who can book you on a tour. To be fair, our guide on the trip was lovely. On top of that, they didn't honor my (prepaid) reservation the night I returned from my tour, and turned me over without consulting me to a cramped and dirty hostel down the road.