Golden Gobi Reviews

Chingeltei district, 40000 Microdistrict building, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Great place.

Very good place to base yourself in Ulaan Bator. Nice people there. They arrange also all kind of trips which are good value. I did a 11 days trip through the Gobi Dessert and it was very nice. You can get a feeling of what nomadic life is all about. When i returned from the trip and stayed again in the hostel i got a goof discount. I can reccommend this place when you're in Ulaan Bator.

I can't recommend Golden Gobi enough, the hostel is the perfect place to base oneself for trips all around Mongolia. The free pickup at the train is a wonderful amenity, and the hostel is clean, cozy, and the breakfast was very good and free! Staff go out of their way to help you - they even picked up my train tickets while I was on a hostel-arranged Gobi tour. And on that note, their tours are top-notch. I had an incredible 5 days in the Gobi with 3 other travellers. Highly recommended!

Golden Gobi: a 2nd home in a faraway land. Family owned/operated, everything one could hope for: stage-point for wild wonders of Gobi & steppes of legend; cultural offerings of UB: museums, historical sites & shopping. What makes this hostel stand out: the family: Natives of the vast Gobi Desert + excellent resources for organizing the most incredible desert, hiking, & horse/camel trek-adventures! Solo? Ogie & family will find awesome new friends from RTW, providing high-quality guides,

• 15th May 2015

Staff are helpful and are enthusiastic about selling tours. The hostel is clean and is in an excellent location but with only two bathrooms and one additional toilet in the height of the season lack of access to showers could be annoying. Also be careful of the advice staff give about train departure times, my ticket said the train departed at 20.35 yet two staff advised me that the train left an hour later, lucky for me I stuck to the time on the ticket otherwise I would have missed the train

• 14th May 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff. Their tour was brilliant with lovely guide and driver.

• 10th May 2015

Spent 5 weeks in Mongolia and stayed in this hostel 4 times between trips.This is one of the best hostels iv ever stayed at. Family run business, Ugii, Bob, Erica and Mama really run a good operation and their tours and knowledge of all Mongolia is exceptional. The facility is clean and well maintained, Atmosphere is welcoming and all in all there is a good vibe here. What makes this hostel excel above others is the quality of the tours they provide and how they cater for every type of traveller

• 26th Apr 2015

I can't recommend Golden Gobi enough! The hostel is a perfect place to base oneself for trips all around Mongolia! And it's a perfect place to meet great people! The free pickup at the station is a great amenity, breakfast is good and included! Ogie, Bob as well as the rest of the staff are really personable, well organized and helpful! I changed my plans at Golden Gobi and did a homestay with a nomadic family in central Mongolia! Experience - indescribable! Thx to Ogie, Bob and our guide Mogi!

We were in Mongolia for a month and did two tours with golden Gobi, one to the Gobi and one to Hovsgol lake. Although they were more expensive then we anticipated we were blown away with the quality of the tours. The staff were friendly and helpful with anything we needed, including a Russian visa. The hostel itself is a base for people venturing into the steppe. The beds and bathrooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is good and there is heaps of tea. 10/10

It was brilliant hostel. Very welcoming and friendly. They organised tour for us and the tour is highly recommended. We both loved it very much. The driver and tour guide are also amazing. They treated us like their friends or family member. When we came back from tour, we paid for 6 mixed dorm but manager Bob gave us private room. We had a really good time in here.

Staff including tour guides introduced were all extremely helpful great people. Credit card reader never worked due to transaction failure. Bed frames were a bit shakey but acceptable. Awesome value for price.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Japan

This hostel was great. They met us off the train and took us to the hostel, I've never had that service from a hostel before. Hostel was clean and breakfast was good, they also have a TV room and computers for public use. Location great as well. Perfect place to stay in UB :) TRANS-MON WARNING - UB felt safe to me, but I did get pickpocketed on the train leaving UB, 2 men boarded train pretending to be sharing our compartment, started moving our bags etc, took money from my coat, be vigilant!

1 2 3 Next » last »