Golden Gobi Reviews

Chingeltei district, 40000 Microdistrict building, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Good location, extremely friendly and helpful personnel, there is nothing bad I can tell, the only thing, that can be improved - to fix or maintain some door bell, as it is a bit inconvenient to strike door in order to come in.

I stayed at the Golden Gobi for 3 weeks while I worked for a Mongolian NGO in the city. The grandmother cooks breakfast in the morning for the guests, fried eggs, toast, yogurt with muesli, sometimes potato crepes, all free. At one point I got a cold and Ogie, who runs the place, wrote me out a note in Mongolian so I could get what I needed from the pharmacy. The showers and beds were a bit on the small side for me, I'm 6'3, but that's a minor complaint about an otherwise great experience.

• 17th Mar 2014

Valued living with a caring family who looked after my every need, organized early taxis etc

• 4th Mar 2014