Golden Gobi Reviews

Chingeltei district, 40000 Microdistrict building, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

The place was crowded and noisy due to too many people. Their recommended tour(ger to ger) was a good experience but the toilet was too dirty. Staff was kind and knowledgable about tour courses.

We had a great time in Mongolia, largely thanks to Golden Gobi. They reserved tickets for us for the Nadam Festival and organised a great trip involving trekking, cultural immersion, historic and natural sites even though we only had limited time. I highly recommend them!

staff was good

• 6th Jul 2014

I would leave a few additional comments, but with the limit of 500 characters, there is no room. I will leave a mixed-but-trending-toward-negative review on other websites.

Staff went through great lengths to ensure my vacation plan came to pass even if it was decided at last minute, for that I say thanks. Good atmosphere, very popular with backpackers.

this is the best place to stay in UB.. people here are very nice..they also have very good tours with very affordable price..if ever i will be back in UB again i will definitely stay here...miss them already....from Philippines

EASILY the best hostel in UB, nothing else comes close. Only hostel where there is a good mix of nationalities & excellent large common room. Other hostels I stayed at were tiny converted apartments. Only negatives were the fact there was only one working hot shower & it was only hot at VERY low pressure (there were two cold ones downstairs). Also beware not to (massively) overpay for Gobi tours - bargain hard or ask elsewhere.

Nice staff and likes all hostels in UB they has free pick up service from train station. Their tours seems very popular among western travelers. But u might can walk around and check others coz might cheaper and it's similar. Overall, I had a nice stay.

Pic up from the trainstation, good location, but unfriendly staff! I booked a 2 day tour, and 15 min before departure, the staff in the hostel said I could not join the tour, because I was not positive. The only thing I asked about was if the staff could sell my bed in the dorm, as I would not stay there for one day. I was polite, but it was not posible to talk to them. Also really strict rules about check in/out, lockers.. I dont recomend to stay here and give other travelers that experience!

Thanks for your opinion and staying with us. The existing booking can be changed or cancelled in 48hours prior to your arrival and we sent you an email confirmation along with our booking cancellation and changing policy just like we sent it to everyone. The check-out time is 11am and if bed is available you could check-in right away even if you arrive early in the morning or could check-in right after cleaning. The lockers are free to use while staying in the guesthouse.Wish you a good journey!

I love Golden Gobi!!! THE place to be in UB, you'll meet all your Mongolia travel companions here! Super awesome atmosphere and amazing staff. Made me feel at home. Breakfast is good too. Recommend to everyone!

Okay, so this hostel felt like much like business a very little like home. They tried to sell the tours to us very aggressively , and would sometimes ask people to leave the hostel if they didn't book a tour with them! Their tours are very expensive (so we booked with Sunpath and moved there, best decision ever). Also the doors to our room didn't close properly, and the room was in the hallway, so we were woken up by people being loud every morning. Bathrooms not getting cleaned very often ...

Very friendly and helpful staff. Location was very good as it is located in the city centre and there are supermarkets and restaurants in the near surrounding. We appreciated the free pick-up from the train station. Our room however was next to the kitchen: it was very noisy (in the evenings and mornings) and we had to sleep with ear plugs.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Wi Fi service was erratic, sometimes good, sometimes useless.

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your opinion. Recently, we upgraded it for 10 times faster Wi-Fi speed and we truly appreciate for your feedback to help on our business to improve. All the best!

Golden Gobi it's probably the best hostel in Mongolia!!! The staff are very friendly and helpfull at all the times. They pick me up from the train station and drove me back early in the morning the day I left for free. Bathroom are clean all the time and the atmofear of the place it's great! Good to meet people. Also of what I heard from other backpackers they probably have the best tours in town when it comes to go outside Ulan baatar . Highly recommended. Thank you Gobi Roberto from the US

This is a very nice hostel located in the citycentre of Ulan Bator. It is owned and driven by the nicest mongolian family. The mom is in the kitchen every morning when you wake up making you a sandwich and a cup of coffee, which of course makes you feel very at home here.The rest of the family does also spend much time in the public areas of the hostel and you really get the chance to get to know this family. A very nice experience if your interested in mongolian culture and everyday life!

Dream location. Big department store nearby. Staffs are incredibly nice. Cheap price, free breakfast, clean rooms. Many dining places around but food always serves with a handful of meats! My only complaint was some Mongolian people really can't wait for their turn in the toilet !

Room N1. is the best Private room for 2. Very kind staff - organizing excellent tours across the coutryside.

Thank you golden gobi! Whether you're in UB for a short stop over, or you are travelling around Mongolia- this place is a great base camp to relax and meet some cool people. The staff here are wonderful- and it's really nice that we can all hang out together! The location is really close to a supermarket which is perfect as you can cook in the kitchen here. The chill out room is the best for having a few beers with fellow travellers in the evening. Can't wait to come back!

Private rooms in the appartement complex are ideal if you want to be away from the hustle and bustle of the common room. Ogi is very helpful with trips or even with remedies for diarhria! She takes care of all of her guests.

We had a pleasant stay at Golden Gobi, the owners were very welcoming and helpful. We booked a great tour through them and had a wonderful time. My only complaint would be the shower facilities were a little under par (broken showers, and often o hot water), but the city was under a hot water ban so all things considered wasn't really a big issue.