Golden Gobi Reviews

Chingeltei district, 40000 Microdistrict building, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

A good adress but in my opinion the hostel sounds like a factory in summer ! A lot of people paying for tours every minute !!!

The hostel location, staff and atmosphere are excellent, but there aren't enough bathroom for the people and the hour-limit to internet access make us difficult because we're 12 hours difference with our country.

Really lovely staff, very welcoming, helped us book a great trip to Central Mongolia at good value for money. Staff speak good English and are very helpful.

• 30th Jul 2014

Its hard to review this place without also including the tour/business aspect of it. The hostel it self is great. Simple clean rooms, nice breakfast and helpful staff. The morning get crazy here with all the coming and going. It is a good place to gear up and plan an trip into the country.

Had an amazing time in the Golden Gobi. A lively and cosy place to stay, to meet people and to do a tour. Congrats to the staff and to the fantastic guides and drivers! Sophie.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

We loved the Golden Gobi. They organize great trips, free pick up from the train station, every kind of shop and exchange office a 2 minute walk away, the staff is just perfect. You will definetly love your stay at the Golden Gobi. We would love to stay longer there!

Straff is fantastic, cleanliness in the living room, floors, etc. is excellent since they are cleaned multiple times a day. Common toilets

Private double room with private bath - felt spacious, temperature inside was excellent - never too hot or cold. Really enjoyed feeling relaxed in my own space at the end of my touring. Relatively clean. King size bed was one of the more comfortable beds during my stay at various accommodations throughout Mongolia. Location was great for walking to shopping and sightseeing around Sukhbaatar Square, close to central p. office. Appreciated the free Internet/computer use. Noisy though.

• 21st Jul 2014

The place was crowded and noisy due to too many people. Their recommended tour(ger to ger) was a good experience but the toilet was too dirty. Staff was kind and knowledgable about tour courses.

We had a great time in Mongolia, largely thanks to Golden Gobi. They reserved tickets for us for the Nadam Festival and organised a great trip involving trekking, cultural immersion, historic and natural sites even though we only had limited time. I highly recommend them!

l' Hotel a une salle de reception et de petit dejeuner commune ,donc nettement trop petite,on est installé assez inconfortablement pour manger ,le petit dejeuner est limité notre chambre double a l'annexe est avec la salle de bains et W C partagés,l'escalier est d'une odeur de peinture très bizarre,les mêmes papiers jonchent cet escalier pendant trois jours.... Et surtout payer 30 dollars U S par nuit avec P déj cela me parait très excessif. L'hotel Golden Gobi est à éviter nettement .

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

staff was good

• 6th Jul 2014

I would leave a few additional comments, but with the limit of 500 characters, there is no room. I will leave a mixed-but-trending-toward-negative review on other websites.

Staff went through great lengths to ensure my vacation plan came to pass even if it was decided at last minute, for that I say thanks. Good atmosphere, very popular with backpackers.

this is the best place to stay in UB.. people here are very nice..they also have very good tours with very affordable price..if ever i will be back in UB again i will definitely stay here...miss them already....from Philippines

EASILY the best hostel in UB, nothing else comes close. Only hostel where there is a good mix of nationalities & excellent large common room. Other hostels I stayed at were tiny converted apartments. Only negatives were the fact there was only one working hot shower & it was only hot at VERY low pressure (there were two cold ones downstairs). Also beware not to (massively) overpay for Gobi tours - bargain hard or ask elsewhere.

Nice staff and likes all hostels in UB they has free pick up service from train station. Their tours seems very popular among western travelers. But u might can walk around and check others coz might cheaper and it's similar. Overall, I had a nice stay.

Pic up from the trainstation, good location, but unfriendly staff! I booked a 2 day tour, and 15 min before departure, the staff in the hostel said I could not join the tour, because I was not positive. The only thing I asked about was if the staff could sell my bed in the dorm, as I would not stay there for one day. I was polite, but it was not posible to talk to them. Also really strict rules about check in/out, lockers.. I dont recomend to stay here and give other travelers that experience!

Thanks for your opinion and staying with us. The existing booking can be changed or cancelled in 48hours prior to your arrival and we sent you an email confirmation along with our booking cancellation and changing policy just like we sent it to everyone. The check-out time is 11am and if bed is available you could check-in right away even if you arrive early in the morning or could check-in right after cleaning. The lockers are free to use while staying in the guesthouse.Wish you a good journey!

I love Golden Gobi!!! THE place to be in UB, you'll meet all your Mongolia travel companions here! Super awesome atmosphere and amazing staff. Made me feel at home. Breakfast is good too. Recommend to everyone!

Okay, so this hostel felt like much like business a very little like home. They tried to sell the tours to us very aggressively , and would sometimes ask people to leave the hostel if they didn't book a tour with them! Their tours are very expensive (so we booked with Sunpath and moved there, best decision ever). Also the doors to our room didn't close properly, and the room was in the hallway, so we were woken up by people being loud every morning. Bathrooms not getting cleaned very often ...

« first « Prev 1 2 3