Golden Gobi Reviews

Chingeltei district, 40000 Microdistrict building, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Beds not very comfy, i could feel the slats through the mattress, went on a 2 night/3day tour, which seemed a bit pricey but included everything and had a fantastic time

The staff came to pick up me at 6:30 am at teh railway station! Then they offers me free breakfast. The help me to choose the right tour for me. One thing, the beds are really hardly, my back was painful! Anyway best hostel in UB

I had a comfortable stay at a dorm room. The spacious common room was great for meeting people and getting travel information. Breakfast was good - bread with egg, jam, and chocolate spread in all-you-can-eat style, served with tea or coffee. The best part of this hostel is the location - only 1 min walk from the Nomin department store. It would have been great if the wifi was available 24 hours instead of 7-23. I would stay here again.

ACCUEIL PLUS QUE SYMPATHIQUE. NOUS AVONS ENSUITE FAIT APPEL A LEUR PROFESSIONNALISME POUR ORGANISER NOTRE ROAD TRIP DANS LE DESERT DE GOBI MERVEILLEUX VOYAGE AVEC GUIDE ET CHAUFFEUR. VRAIMENT RIEN A REDIRE JE CONSEILLE FORTEMENT CE LIEU POUR L' HEBERGEMENT TRES BIEN SITUE DANS LE CENTRE VILLE DE UB

• 1st Sep 2014

We stayed here twice - before and after a ger to ger trip. The hostel and its location are good and the pick-up from the train station was really nice. It's a good place to meet fellow travellers and socialise - but the social spaces were often too crowded and showers always busy. Nice brekkie. The main quibble I have with this hostel is that when my companion's camera was stolen from our dorm room, the receptionist was in denial this could happen in his hostel and showed poor social skills.

Really clean hostel, could not have wished for anything more. I got the impression that the staff (= the family) is cleaning constantly). Though toilet paper was missing a bit quite too often ;) Anyway, the only negative experiences I made were with other travelleres who for some unknown reason were always complaining about the hostel. I could not understand why; we were more than satisfied. It's also a great place to find other travellers for tours (hence sharing the costs).

As soon as we arrived at Golden Gobi hostel, a member of the staff offered us a cup of tea and a seat while we waited to be kindly assisted at the reception. We had a really nice room, a kitchen almost only for us and good advice on what to visit in Mongolia. Amazing hostel with amazing staff!

We stayed two nights at GG, before and after our 8days Khuvsgal lake tour. The hostel itself felt really busy, had to wait long before we could ask something from the staff. This is mostly because the tours they arrange, and I really think you should choose this hostel only if you are going to some tour yourself (and you really should). Tour itself was absolutely great, we had the best driver Bimba (with his amazing car) and two great young guides who made our week fun and easy. Would go again!

A place of reference in Ulanbataar; itis definetly crowded in August, but it gets much more "homey" in September. The facilies were more than good, with an excellent "lounge" with kitchen; though the common computers with access to the internet worked precariously. The staff are a bit eccentric, but on the good sense. They arranged us an excellent ger-to-ger; that indeed I recommend over the regular tours around Mongolia: The one I did was long, overprized and surprisingly monotonous.

We stayed at Golden Gobi for one night only, because we missed our train in Irkutsk. There was a pick up service at the train station for our arrival time, which was quite nice and also for free. Because of our early arrival (7 am) we had to wait for our room. During our waiting period the staff was really nice. They provided us with coffee, tea and breakfast. They had also a guide for getting around on several tours. It is definitely a good place to stay in Ulaanbaatar! We will come back.

Great hostel! Really nice staff, they can arrange almost everything for you. 5-10min walk to all the important spots in UB. I did the tour to the gobi desert (8nights) and loved it, the driver and the guide were awesome (and the guide also cooked very well). I am traveling alone, so was a bit afraid of not finding anyone to do the tours with, but that was really easy cause they have new people joining tours almost everyday. I recommend it!

Clean, friendly and comfortable, could have had more shower rooms. Owners did a lovely job and arranged a very cheap and absolutely fabulous Gobi trip on very short notice. The owners are however a bit overworked - it takes time to get a hold of one of them. The lady that cleaned our room in the late morning also did next nights nightshift.

• 17th Aug 2014

Good place to stay till you arranged your trips around the country. Can be very busy during morning hours and in the afternoon! A simple and in general a clean place. Bathrooms could be checked more often so toilet paper wouldn't run out all the time!

I have nothing but good things to say about this place! The saff is so friendly and they know their Mongolia. If you are uncertain about what to do while you're in Mongolia head to this place and they will hook you up with a tour of your liking. A friendly super place, highly recommend it!

Fair and open "price politics" for the tours would be a plus.

I enjoyed my one-night stay at the Golden Gobi. The room was clean and spacious, just what I wanted. Oh, yes! Thank you for the great breakfast!

A good adress but in my opinion the hostel sounds like a factory in summer ! A lot of people paying for tours every minute !!!

The hostel location, staff and atmosphere are excellent, but there aren't enough bathroom for the people and the hour-limit to internet access make us difficult because we're 12 hours difference with our country.

good travelling atmosphere, nice trip with driver, good breakfast

• 4th Aug 2014

very nice hostel, with a rich breakfast. I made a tour and was excellente, with a very good guide! The rules of the hostel are clear, but the guests did a lot of noise after 11 pm and this is a problem, mainly for the rooms near to the reception... but in general its a very good place to stay

« first « Prev 1 2 3