Golden Hill Bungalows Reviews

Koh Phi Phi, 18 Moo 7 Koh Phi Phi Krabi 81000, Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

There is a long walk up to the the hostel from the Pier which I think we should have been warned about. We weren't given the rooms that we booked, for example we were given a double room when booking a twin etc. The view was very bad and the staff were unhelpful and not even very friendly.

• 28th Jul 2014

The only facility I had problem if was the safe box you to leave some deposito to use. However they don't give a key for the safe you need to have your locker. Which by surprise they sell them at the desk. Also safe box are outside to the open public.

• 11th Jul 2014

Nice hostel, rooms are okay, location isn't super great, it's about a 10 to 15 min walk to town. Nice staff!

Bed bugs, dirt on beds, lots of mosquito's, humidity in room was too high to sleep. They sell only drinks. No food. We left the accomodation without sleeping there. Didn't received our money back, only deposit.

• 28th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I stayed at Golden Hills for a week and can't say I had a great experience. The staff were fine but the hostel is quite out of the way. The bar and pool are good for chilling out and meeting people. My main issues were the cleanliness and facilities in the rooms. My room and bedding were dirty and full of bugs and lizard 'droppings' even when I requestsd the room was cleaned they did little apart from sweep. With only a fan the room was also far to hot for sleeping. Poor value for money

Good spot quite but not that far from the parties also! Pool was a good plua specially cuz of the hot days in phi phi!

We were very displeased with this hostel. Our room was very hot, at least 10 degrees hotter than the air outside at night, and very damp inside. It smelled very musty. We barely got any sleep each night trying to get comfortable with the one rotating fan in front of us. The last night we were there, my cousin and I slept outside on the lawn chairs surrounding the pool and were much more comfortable, but we shouldn't have had to resort to doing this in the first place. Mold grew on our backpacks!

• 12th Apr 2014

Good hostel, with a nice pool, but really far away from the beach and with a view of a water reservoir that was nearly empty (not such a nice view)

Good comfortable bungalows. Clean and tidy with a really nice pool. Staff were friendly and accommodated our extended stay without fuss. Only bad thing was the place was a bit far from the busy areas of town, but it did mean you got away from all the noise, hustle and bustle at the end of your day