Golden Hill Bungalows Reviews

Koh Phi Phi, 18 Moo 7 Koh Phi Phi Krabi 81000, Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

There is a long walk up to the the hostel from the Pier which I think we should have been warned about. We weren't given the rooms that we booked, for example we were given a double room when booking a twin etc. The view was very bad and the staff were unhelpful and not even very friendly.

• 28th Jul 2014

The only facility I had problem if was the safe box you to leave some deposito to use. However they don't give a key for the safe you need to have your locker. Which by surprise they sell them at the desk. Also safe box are outside to the open public.

• 11th Jul 2014

Nice hostel, rooms are okay, location isn't super great, it's about a 10 to 15 min walk to town. Nice staff!

Bed bugs, dirt on beds, lots of mosquito's, humidity in room was too high to sleep. They sell only drinks. No food. We left the accomodation without sleeping there. Didn't received our money back, only deposit.

• 28th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I stayed at Golden Hills for a week and can't say I had a great experience. The staff were fine but the hostel is quite out of the way. The bar and pool are good for chilling out and meeting people. My main issues were the cleanliness and facilities in the rooms. My room and bedding were dirty and full of bugs and lizard 'droppings' even when I requestsd the room was cleaned they did little apart from sweep. With only a fan the room was also far to hot for sleeping. Poor value for money

Good spot quite but not that far from the parties also! Pool was a good plua specially cuz of the hot days in phi phi!

We were very displeased with this hostel. Our room was very hot, at least 10 degrees hotter than the air outside at night, and very damp inside. It smelled very musty. We barely got any sleep each night trying to get comfortable with the one rotating fan in front of us. The last night we were there, my cousin and I slept outside on the lawn chairs surrounding the pool and were much more comfortable, but we shouldn't have had to resort to doing this in the first place. Mold grew on our backpacks!

• 12th Apr 2014

Good hostel, with a nice pool, but really far away from the beach and with a view of a water reservoir that was nearly empty (not such a nice view)

Good comfortable bungalows. Clean and tidy with a really nice pool. Staff were friendly and accommodated our extended stay without fuss. Only bad thing was the place was a bit far from the busy areas of town, but it did mean you got away from all the noise, hustle and bustle at the end of your day

BED BUGS!!!!! Don"t go to this hostel! There was à whole nest of bed bugs and they didn't want to give our money back!

• 29th Mar 2014

Really nice stay and really helpful staff

An ok place to stay in Koh Phi Phi. Good location as is out of the way of the hussle and bussle of the rest of the Island. However dont go there expecting a lovely pool, its dirty with suncream grime and absolutely tiny. Have stayed in nicer places in Thailand for cheaper. Also out room wasnt properly cleaned on a arrival.

Brill pool, just what you need on a hot Thailand day! Location great as close enough to go to the action, but far enough from the noise and busy streets. Only thing is it is really dark when walking in at night so be careful but plenty of people around...and cats!!! haha Brill room, reception was good and handy, stairs going up to bungalow were fun!! Big steps!! Chickens everywhere which was lovely as love chickens. Place very nice and pool lovely!! Not everywhere has a pool so a nice change!

Great location, great atmosphere and really friendly staff. It was out of the busy town but not far away at all and very easy to find following the directions given when booking. The cleanliness of the hostel was excellent and it was a real bonus that they had a pool.

• 15th Mar 2014

Nice facilities with the elevated pool and small poolside bar, which played good music and was perfect for a few drinks post daytime activity and pre-night out. Staff was friendly. Room was good, but there is no wardrobe or place to hang clothing. Only provided one key per room. No TV, but that's not what I came for. Some complain about location/hill, but we didn't mind the walk, we thought the place was worth it. In general, the island is a maze, so make sure to note where you're going!

• 10th Mar 2014

Well, first of all I stayed in Private Double Suite it totally make me comfortable even i had stay alone as backpacker. The room is clean out of dust even though its in high point. A nice hill view from the balcony. Luckily no mosquito during my stay. Good network coverage in the room even far from the reception point. With a dining place and swimming pool and friendly staff. A great thanks to the staff who lend me his travel adapter when i need it immediately. Definitely will recommend it.

Swimming pool is more likea tank. Bungalows are not really bungalows, but conected to other rooms. Extremelly noisy during the morning, like someone was moving the beds upstairs. Reception is not very friendly. Room is cheap and so is the toilet. TV in the room doesn't work