Golden Hostel Reviews

122 Silver Mine Trail, Austell, Atlanta, USA

Golden Hostel was perfect! The room was really clean and the atmosphere was chilled (exactly what we needed after a month long road trip) Carmen was so welcoming and helpful. I would definitely stay here again. Its a room and bathroom in the bottom level of the house and really felt like home for a couple of nights! Thanks Carmen :)

The staff is good. If you drive a car it will be fine otherwise it is a little bit far away from city. The decoration and facilities are perfect and like a hotel.

Firstly, this is NOT a hostel. We got there, to find ourselves on a residential street, the "hostel" turned out to be a house, no sign saying hostel anywhere, we knocked and were eventually let in. It's basically 1 room in the basement of a woman's house. It's miles outside town, so without a car it's difficult to get around (there is a bus + train to town but takes time). However, the woman's daughter was really nice to us and the room was like a 5 star huge hotel room with netflix and ensuite!

A little different. This is not a traditional hostel, it is in a private residence. Location is out of the city a bit, however access to public transport makes it easy to locate the city. Perfect for a couple on a budget.

Can't comment, as I expected a hostel, not a family house. The family was nice, although we I had to cancel the reservation as it didn't correspond to what I was booking. Hostel is something else in my understanding than a family owned house. And it was to far away. From either downtown or mid town. Judging by discription, it was close. Hope to get my booking fee back.

• 12th Aug 2012