Golden Orchid Hotel Reviews

34 Hang Tre Str, Hoan Kiem Dist, Hanoi, Vietnam

Friendliest Service Ever! Amber is the best! The Hotel is just perfect. Recommend it all the way!

• 11th Sep 2014

This is a hostel near by all tourist area. The staff is very friendly , they are like a local friends in Hanoi . They always ready to help you . Specially Amber , you should find her if you need a traveling plan

Very nice and helpful staff. Speak well english and are polite. We booked our trips to Sapa and Halong bay at the reception and were pleased with the results. The room we had was clean and very good, as was the shower (with more than just dribblibg water as it usually is in vietnam).

Three of us stayed in Golden Orchid for just one night, but this hotel definitely left a lasting impression on us. They arranged a taxi direct from the airport to the hotel at very short notice, provided helpful information regarding where to buy last minute souvenirs and provided a wake up call at 5am to take us to the airport for our flight home. The stay was made more enjoyable thanks to the high level of customer service provided by Amber who even gave us some breakfast for the trip home.

For a first place to stop this is a great hotel. Very helpful from the pick up at the airport until now when we are just about to leave. They are still trying to help us get sorted out and we are coming back here at the end of trip. They have sorted out trips to Ha Long Bay and Sapa and train to Hue, all done quickly and effeciently and at a decent price.

Great hostel , great location , fantastic staff. The hotel is neary by Hoan Kiem Lake . You should book the tour with them to avoid scams in travel agency around Hanoi

• 4th Jul 2014

Staff friendly and helpful, booked trips and travel for us and gave excellent recommendations on where to go and where to eat in Hanoi. Rooms clean and good breakfast included in room price. Staff went beyond what was expected- taking us right to our seats on the train and regularly updating us with advice for the rest of our travel in Vietnam!! Will stay again!

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

nice hotel , best asmosphere , friendly staff , good tour operator

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Venezuela

We stayed here 2 different times, the first night we arrived fairly late and the room smelled so terrible of moth balls I had to sleep with a mask on. When we arrived back to Hanoi, we decided to give it another shot and it was like we were staying at a completely different place. It was clean, smelled fine, the elevator worked, great breakfast and our stay was wonderful. The staff (particularly Amber) was so pleasant and warm, she made us feel right at home. Thankful we gave it another go!!

• 2nd Jun 2014

At first I made at reservation only for 2 nights but when I arrived and found the hotel is good so I extend for 2 more days. They offer me the same rate. The staff allowed me to check in early and change for a better room with a big window and balcony. The only comment is that there was a staff tried used their key to get into my room after midnight without knocking the door and gave me a call in advance. I was frighten what happened. He's not a well trained staffs and poor English.

Excellent location, friendly and helpful staff. Value for money. Will definitely stay here again on my next Hanoi vacation :)

• 15th May 2014
  • Philippines

We were given a room that was superb and can be considered like a five star rating. Besides clean towels, we were given toiletries, hot water kettle, hair dryer and drinking water, The room was really very comfortable and spacious. On top of that, for Muslim guests, it is a bonus. Just beside the hotel is a halal restaurant by the name of "Little India". What is unethical is that we were asked to pay USD28 instead of USD27.20 on the pretext of paying for card charges.

BEST ! BEST! BEST ! Hotel i have ever been in vietnam. I picked this hotel on hostelworld after arriving hanoi . The hotel location is right in heart of hanoi near by Hoan Kiem Lake . The hotel staff is really friendly , they treat us as close friend . We also booked halong bay with manager Ms Anh , the trip was fantastic on Oriental Sail .

• 18th Apr 2014

This is the best hotel i have ever been in Vietnam . I only can say "perfect" thanks to all staffs : Manager : Vinh Le , Anne , Jenifer . You are good team , Keep doing

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

I don't think this is a hostel but price is hostel price . The hotel is very clean ,friendly staff, good breakfast

• 13th Apr 2014
  • China

I love this place . They are quiet new hotel so every thing is still new . Our room is big enough with full facilities , the staffs very good english skill . They guide us where to go , what to do in hanoi . They help us to book a tour to halong bay . Thanks all for your hospitality

This is not a hostel but they have price of hostel , The service is 3 stars hotel .I am welcome with smile service from beginning to the end . They always make sure that i am happy with my staff. The breakfast also great with many choice for asian and western. I will be back

• 11th Apr 2014