Golden Temple Villa Reviews

Steng Thmei, Svaydongkum, Siem Reap, Cambodia

The sweetest, most welcoming staff we have ever met! Pluss a great location!

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Norway

Awesome service, awesome location, cheap and deliciois food, comfortable rooms, everything you need!

Loved the food

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

An intercom phone in the room to communicate with reception desk would help.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • India

I found the staff very helpful and friendly. The location was good about a 5 min walk from pub street so you could escape the noise. I stayed in a single room which was a really good size, basic but clean and with a safe in it for your valuables. Only down side was that there was not a lot of atmosphere and I didn't really see anyone else staying at the villa so did not meet as many people as I would have liked. Plus side the free massage was fantastic. I would recommend or go again.

• 26th Oct 2014
  • South Africa

We (3 of us using 2 rooms) had a great stay at GTV. From the moment we arrived we were warmly welcomed by the staff who also showed us a range of available tour options which we later picked from. The staff were exceptionally friendly, and helpful, and we all noticed it and commented on it amongst ourselves. The restaurant on site was also excellent and family members who used massage facilities had a great time. Well done to the GTV team they should be very proud of themselves!

• 25th Oct 2014

1st time in Cambodia, very impress with the service and overall staying experience. From email organizing airport pickup to arrival to hostel. Greeted by very friendly Guest relations Staff. Sited us down and present us a lovely welcome drink. They even have a 1 hour massage included, what a steal. Through out our stay everyone is very friendly and we couldn't ask for more. If I come to Cambodia I will definitely come and stay again. Thank you all and keep up the good work.

i like the hotel..

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Indonesia

It was good for money. Location was very good and they offered free welcome drinks and free massage. Staffs are average and massage was average but it is free so you don't expect a lot for it obviously. Wifi didn't work whole one night while I was staying which was annoyed however I still think this is good place to stay but I won't mind trying another place next time.

The staff was very helpful, the room was nice and cheery, and the location was perfect. My friend and I especially enjoyed the complimentary massages.

Very good hostel for the amount paid. The front desk staff are helpful. We had a free tuk tuk pickup from the airport, and were welcomed with a cold ice lemon tea drink upon arrival. They can help you arrange for the best transportation prices, and have day trips available to see Angkor Wat, etc. The free body massage included with the stay was also very nice and relaxing. Location is good with lots of night markets and pub street nearby.

Best "hostel" imaginable. If you are in Siem Reap, this is by far the best accommodation you can get. Hostel prices, but 4-Star-Service incl. the best cook & restaurant you will find in whole Siem Reap. Every served meal including all the drinks/shakes & cocktails are just perfect & tasty. The staff is extremely friendly and give you the best advice for tours as well as provide you with a driver to Angkor Wat, who is extremely nice and helpful.

Very nice staff, good restaurant and nice amenities. The price is very good. Bathroom could be better.

Very clean grat staff and also very Helpfull

Is,by far the best value for money hotel I have ever had. Staff amazingly professional,helpful and kind. One could think they are not working but enjoying. They remember you and take care of you. Food is probably the best in town and cheap. Service is again excellent. A free and good massage is provided, as bikes to go around. Wifi excellent and rooms nice and comfortable. Amazing!

This villa has the most fantastic service we've ever had in a hotel of this level...in fact we've had service like this only in high end resorts. Having it in Golden Temple Villa was a very pleasant surprise. Kudos to the front desk staff, the restaurant staff, drivers and security for this! We would like to especially praise the female front desk staff on duty in the early evening when we were there. We simply cannot praise the service enough. Breakfast[Paid] was pretty good as well.

In short - this was the best hotel during our trip to Cambodia and Vietnam. After arriving with bud from Phnom Penh there was a free tuk tuk pick up driver waiting for us. At the hotel we had a very nice welcome with free drinks. The staff showed us everything and answered all the questions. This was a really warm welcome. The room was big, nice and clean. Atmosphere of this place is really unique. A lot of plants and statues - very nice. There is a decent restaurant near the atrium as well.

If possible I would like to rate a 200%. I never expect a free massage or handmade souvenir. The guest relation speaks perfect English and I've been check out for like half day still can take shower right after renting a free bike from you. I don't know how to describe but thank you all people especially Honey and Tekea.

This is an extremely good hostel, the staff were very welcoming and helpful. The atmosphere is lovely, and it is close to the centre but down a side street which is quiet. The only issue we had was we were on the ground floor next to the kitchen so it was quite noisy but we moved rooms which made it better. I would recommend it to anyone!

Delightful hotel in city centre. An oasis of calm in busy noisy Phnom Penh. All the staff were welcoming and helped make my stay a pleasure. Breakfast was not included in the room rate but at $4 was excellent. Many restaurants and cafes close by. Two minor niggles: The water in the shower was only luke warm and the wifi did not work in the room. But overall I thoroughly recommend this place

• 1st Aug 2014