Golden Time Hostel 2 Reviews

8 Ly Thai To Street, Hanoi, Vietnam

Ann , Tony and rest of the staff were lovely! They were so helpful and always very happy to help with any queries or issues. Right by the lake in the old quarter. Clean rooms and bathroom. Definitely recommend.

• 8th Apr 2015

I would highly recommend. Perfect location by the lake, great and very hospitable staff, nice free breakfast and free coffee all day. The place felt very authentic and homey, and in my opinion the best location of the city. They helped us arrange drivers to and from the airport, did laundry for a small fee, no problem to extend our stay. Everything was very convenient. Also great cable English movie channels!

wow paying a hostel price and receiving hotel service. free flow of coffee tea and banana. breakfast of noodle or baguette served as well.

The staff here were amazing. We arrived at 6.30am from an overnight bus and they let us use a room to shower and rest until our room was ready for checkin. We also could leave our bags here when we went to halong and sapa. The room was nice - quite basic but very good considering the price. The breakfast was also good. If you are looking for cheap, friendly, clean accomodation in the middle of the old quarter you should stay here.

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Spain

The staff are all super friendly and helpful. They helped me arrange excellent tours at cheap rates even booked my trains, taxis and airport collection. The room is excellent, comfortable beds, very clean and overall hostel provides a safe, friendly atmosphere. Would definitely come back again.

• 23rd Jan 2015

The best hotel i have stayed before, very comfortable room, lovely staff. They gave me early check in and free of charge to upgrade deluxe room. The tour they offered me super great, nothing trouble happen and with really reasonable price( when i compared with other travellers on the boat). They definitely were not pushy at all

• 22nd Jan 2015

Nice place, friendly staff, we got fruit right away when we walked into the room. When we left for a two day trip to Ha Long Bay we stored our bags at the hotel, worked perfectly fine. And they arranged a taxi for us to go to the airport, which was convenient and not expensive.

• 14th Jan 2015

Such a huge disappointment having done all the research online, dropped at hotel and despite the warmest of welcomes from Toni, water, coffee, fruit and assistance on halong bay trips an 'electrics' problem with our room meant we were moved to a far inferior hotel down the road. Although transfer was easy and staff checking we were ok other hotel is not a patch on what I researched and as such we will not go back for the additional 3 nights we had planned. This is not an acceptable practise.

More of a hotel than a hostel, which after a big New Years was exactly what we wanted. Super quiet and in a convenient location. Staff were really friendly and helpful.

The staff were great! Rooms are good but not amazing. Fun place to be.

More of a 3 star hotel than a hostel. We were greeted with a fruit plate and tea/coffee. Large room with private bathroom, wardrobe, safe, TV, AC. Free Tea & Coffee in the lobby. Good fast Wifi throughout the hostel. There are two locations, make sure you have the address for the correct one. Laundry service takes 24 hours and is reasonably priced.

We had a great stay here! We arrived in Hanoi at 5:30 and understandably they weren't open yet but when we came back at 7, we were greeted by Ann with fruit and free tea and coffee. She organized early check in for free even though it was only 8am. The rooms were more like hotel rooms than hostel rooms and clean with a nice hot shower. Brekkie was awesome! Wifi was great and we were on 7th floor. Cons - about a 10 minute walk to some of the shopping areas. No communal hang out area.

Tony is very gently and atencious. He offered coffee and fruits on my arrival and helped on booking a boat tour. When I returned from the boat the hostel was full but he already had set a room in another place for the same price and a free ride to there.

Flask with hot water in each room.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

Great location just two minute walk from all the bars and restaurants in the old quarter. Staff were very helpful, they booked onward travel for us and let us use the facilities at no extra cost after returning from a trip (they also stored our bags for free for three days!). We had a free upgrade to the honeymoon suite which had amazing views! There was also a good wifi connection throughout the hotel. Breakfast was great and there was free tea & coffee all day. Would happily stay again.

Really like this Hotell. It's near the lake, and there are a lot of commerce and restaurants arround, quite a nice area. The breakfast was really good! And they served us fruits and tea when we checked in, it was really kind. The girl from the reception, Anh, was adorable! Thanks for such a pleasant stay in Hanoi!

This was a fantastic place to stay and I would highly recommend it! Great value, delicious breakfasts and the staff have been wonderful, highly knowledgeable and very helpful!

• 9th Nov 2014

I really appreciated that upon my return from Ha Long Bay they made a room available to me for a few hours until my late night flight at no additional charge. It was nice to be able to take a shower and change in comfort. I really appreciated that.

• 8th Nov 2014

Ideally located for exploring Hanoi, we walked to most places easily. The hotel staff were very welcoming and ready to help, nothing was too much trouble. Would recommend highly.

• 7th Nov 2014