Golden Time Hostel 2 Reviews

8 Ly Thai To Street, Hanoi, Vietnam

We stayed in this hostel for 2 nights but we could have easily stayed longer! A special thank you to the staff Tony and Ann who were so welcoming and probably the friendliest staff we have ever come across! They were always there to offer help and advice, which made things so much easier for us :) The room was spotless, spacious, had beautiful views from the window and was in a superb location. They helped us book our Halong Bay cruise as well as the night bus to our next destination, so we didn't have to l

We had a great time staying in Hanoi, espite our luggage not arriving with us! The staff (especially Ann) were lovely and extremely helpful in getting it back. They got in touch with the airport for us and we didn't have to do a thing. The trip that was recommended to us by Tony at Golden Time to visit Ha Long Bay and Cat Ba island was fantastic (and we heard mixed reviews from other travellers on similar trips from different hostels). Rooms are great and spacious and the location is perfect.

• 5th Oct 2014

We spent 3 nights here and we have a pleasant time. The location is very near the lake and there're many shops and eating places around the hotel. The room is clean and they make up the room everyday. And the staffs're also very friendly, except they try to sell the tour, but it's ok because they don't give you too much pressure. About the breakfast, you can should only 1 dish. so it's not sufficient for me. I had baguette for 2 days, the 1st is really tasty but the 2nd is hard and cold.

Great hotel! I would very highly recommend! They were very helpful, and seemed very happy to answer any question, or provide any service that I had requested. The staff were open, friendly, and very welcoming.

• 30th Sep 2014

The staff were extremely helpful,great service ,the staff did everything possible for us to enjoy our stay. very good location nice room and facilities much recommended . I would definitely recommend Golden time hostel to others. They have a great service.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Spain

just one word perfect ,enthusiastic staff. Always smiling and say hello every time you go somewhere pass reception desk . rooms are big and clean . wifi , breakfast are free in hostel.

• 15th Sep 2014

Location is central. Great value for money. The room is quite spacious though nothing fancy. Stuff is helpful. They organized a one day trip to halong bay for me for only USD30. They also organized a taxi to the airport.every thing ferfeck thank so much for caring me.

• 15th Sep 2014

They have arranged for taxis to the airport. Breakfast was super and filling! Free coffee and tea were very refreshing. The hostel is centrally located and close to the lake and main backpackers' area. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Hanoi.

• 14th Sep 2014

Great place to stay, very clean and very nice rooms. Look no further for a place to stay, everyone is EXTREMELY nice and accommodating, we had to change our trip and they were able to get us a refund. Also, very close to many of the sites and activities. This is the place to stay in Hanoi, look no further!!!!Extremely safe and helpful staff.

• 14th Sep 2014

Everything about this place is great. They serve a complementary (freshly cooked to order) breakfast to all guests at the hostel/hotel. The staff is extremely kind and do not mark up the products (water, soda, trip packages) like most places in Hanoi do. It is also very safe and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to stay in Hanoi

• Spain

The staff was wonderful they helped us to book the trip to Ha Long Bay and Sapa I really enjoyed. My room was clean, well equiped, delicious breakfast. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Hanoi. It was a great value.

• Spain

The rooms were really nice and the location was good. Bathtub was a rare luxury and hot water never ran out. Wifi worked well. Also, the staff was very friendly and tried their best at everything. ! They also booked us our Hanoi - saigon bus tickets at a reasonable price

• Spain

Totally recommend the golden time Hostel! The staff are so friendly and 100% trustworthy! The rooms are spacious, clean and value for money! This is a great place to arrive to and plan your trip in Vietnam! Walking distance to Hoen Kiem lake and markets. Everything can be booked threw the friendly staff here. Nice place to stay!!

• Spain

The staff at Golden Time Hostel 2 have been incredibly helpul - They assisted me in arranging trips to Sapa & Ha Long Bay. Both trips were fantastic. Further more, the room in the hostel was very spacious and kept clean to a high standard. Ann & Tony were always at hand to help, by advising on good areas to eat, to drink and to buy souveniers. They also arranged for my taxi to the airport at the correct local price so I didn't get ripped off. I'm very happy that I stayed here.

The staff was extremly helpful and there was a great sense of community here. The staff was very honest about the trips they booked. They told us which accomodations were okay to go a cheaper route and which were better to spend the extra buck. I never felt like they were selling us anything, they genuinely wanted us to have a nice time in Vietnam. It was a good breakfast included as well. Would definitely stay here again if in Hanoi

• 6th Sep 2014

Great staff really helpful and nice

Hostel was excellent with an owner who goes out of his way to help you.

• 1st Sep 2014

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!! At first we liked the Hostel until we found Out we had bed bugs!!

Traveled from North to South and by far the best hostel I stayed at throughout my entire trip in Vietnam. I would definitely come back to Golden Time if I'm in Hanoi. Having been my first time staying at a hostel, Golden Time has truly exceeded my expectations. There's nothing more to say!

• 26th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

The area is easy to walk to old querter, shopping area, and food near hotel very delicious. In the next day we check out at 12 but we can leave the bag all afternoon and take a shower before get the train to Sapa. Staff name Tony very kind with us offer towel for everybody and after we come back from Sapa even we not stay in this hostel but we just come back for ask information to buy special knife which we can't find in shopping mall he take us by motorcycle to local shop by free very thank you

• 17th Aug 2014