Golden Time Hostel Reviews

43 Ly Thai To Street, Hanoi, Vietnam

Golden Time Hostel is a great base for your time in Hanoi. The staff are so helpful and friendly (especially Amy) and will do absolutely anything they can to help and guide you through your time here. The rooms are cleaned every day and spacious. If you have any problems at all the staff will do everything and more to assist. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone. The hostel is more like a hotel so there are no common rooms but not missed with the amount of coffee shops in Hanoi.

This hostel is well located near Hoan Kiem Lake and within 10 minutes walk of the Old Quarter, which is perfect. The rooms are very nice, clean and big and air con is included in the price. It is incredibly good value for the quality of room on offer! The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly, booked a great Halong Bay tour at a very good price, made us breakfast and gave us free water every morning and free fruit throughout the day. I would highly recommend this to anyone coming to Hanoi!

The staff were very helpful. They gave me a map of the area and pointed out great areas to find food(not just selling a particular restaurant) and also how to find a few museums I was looking for. I wanted to catch a train the next day and they arranged that for me for only a couple of dollars. That saved me time, effort and money. The room was clean and spacious with a flat screen tv. The bathroom was small but clean with a shower above the toilet. Bfast was included - bagel, coffee, and egg.

I have stayed in this hostel for two nights and I am sorry I could not stay longer. I have chosen this place because of a very good location; two minutes walk from the lake and just few more minutes to the Old quarter of Hanoi where you get all the shops, restaurants, theatres... The room was really nice and clean, but I would especially like to thank the staff of the hotel because they are very nice and very helpful. I already miss you guys.

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • Slovenia

Staff went above and beyond to meet our needs and create a warm atmosphere. Will recommend to others!

centrally located in Hanoi Old Quarter, we are lucky to book the room here, very convenient for walking around. I booked superior room here with only 14$, but i think i got more than that. Normally, other hotels like here, you have to pay 20$ or 22$. This hotel is new, so there's no mold here, very comfortable, in fact. I will stay here again the next time. The staff are not pushy the tour, they are actually very dedicated to make your stay comfortable. they always at your service

• 17th Feb 2015

Very good location, easy to get the Lake, night market, museums and local food around. I stayed there for 2 times in different rooms, and I prefer the front side room with the view more, . The breakfast was good and the staff was very friendly and helpful as well. They helped me to book an amazing trip in Halong with very nice price. I had a very fanstatic time with fantasea Cruise ,well worth the money, great food

• 17th Feb 2015

Golden Time Hostel had the most friendly staff during any of my trips in Asia so far, and the best place I stayed in Vietnam! They helped me with everything and were not trying to sell me extra stuff. The room was very comfortable (had a small couch even) and clean. The only downside was that the street in front of it was very noisy. The location is good otherwise, close to the lake but a 10-15 minutes walk to the main old quarter street. Defenitely recommending this one!

On arrival they didn't have our booking from Hoselworld.com - so no room reserved for us. Only after a lot of hasseling and insisting they gave us a room (which seemed to be just taken from someone else's reservation). When they told us the room was ready, the sheets were obviously not changed, there was hair on the bed linen and the cusion linen were definitely not fresh. Changed after complaint. Staff is friendly but unorganized, they were nice and apologized.

What a lovely stay! The staff were exceptional and were willing to go the extra mile to get you the information you needed. Breakfast being delivered to your room was the best! The beds were comfy and the rooms were spacious. The bathrooms were a bit cramped, but they were better than some others around Asia! We moved here after another bad hostel experience, and were very happy with the move!

Very nice, clean rooms and a very friendly staff. The location is 5 minutes from the Old Quarter, so it's quiet. We would definately come back next time!