Golden Time Hostel Reviews

43 Ly Thai To Street, Hanoi, Vietnam

Golden Time Hostel had the most friendly staff during any of my trips in Asia so far, and the best place I stayed in Vietnam! They helped me with everything and were not trying to sell me extra stuff. The room was very comfortable (had a small couch even) and clean. The only downside was that the street in front of it was very noisy. The location is good otherwise, close to the lake but a 10-15 minutes walk to the main old quarter street. Defenitely recommending this one!

On arrival they didn't have our booking from Hoselworld.com - so no room reserved for us. Only after a lot of hasseling and insisting they gave us a room (which seemed to be just taken from someone else's reservation). When they told us the room was ready, the sheets were obviously not changed, there was hair on the bed linen and the cusion linen were definitely not fresh. Changed after complaint. Staff is friendly but unorganized, they were nice and apologized.

What a lovely stay! The staff were exceptional and were willing to go the extra mile to get you the information you needed. Breakfast being delivered to your room was the best! The beds were comfy and the rooms were spacious. The bathrooms were a bit cramped, but they were better than some others around Asia! We moved here after another bad hostel experience, and were very happy with the move!

Very nice, clean rooms and a very friendly staff. The location is 5 minutes from the Old Quarter, so it's quiet. We would definately come back next time!

It's my first time to do a solo trip and I'm so lucky I chose Golden Time. I initially booked for 2 days only and I ended up getting 2 more nights. Michael, Amy and Alice are the best. They will really exert an effort just to help you out. I've been searching the net where I can change my remaining PHP and couldn't find any; Michael took me to a jewelry store to have my money changed. I even got a big room, something I didn't expect for a hostel. Will definitely be back.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

Very nice hotel. Rooms spacious and very clean. Staff very friendly and incredibly helpful. They helped me arrange my trip to Ha Long Bay and let me keep my luggage here for a few days while I went to Ha Long Bay and, subsequently, Ha Giang. On returning to Hanoi from Ha Giang, one of the staff even helped me put my socks and shoes on because I sustained an injury to my leg while riding a motorbike to Dong Van.

Good location and very friendly staff. They will tell you what you need to see in Hanoi! Air conditioning was heaven after the hot day. They even made me breakfast early before my airport pickup.

Honestly, I couldn't imagine a nicer experience in a hotel. The staff was ridiculously nice and accommodating. The hotel is only a couple months old, and it felt brand new. The value for the money is outrageous. My only regret is that I could not stay longer!

• 30th Sep 2014

Had a nice stay at the golden time hostel. Location is great, super close to the lake and about 10-15min slow walk to the old quarter (you can walk along the lake). There is a bus stop opposite the hostel which is great when you want to use public transport to or from airport (1x change on main bus stop) or/and trainstation (direct). Hostel staff is super friendly, rooms clean, bathroom xsmall but warm shower!

• 15th Sep 2014

Good staffs, nice & kind services!

• 11th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

Nice and small hostel in a very good location. Friendly and helpful staff. We booked Halong Bay here and the tour was very nice. Nice, spacious and clean room. Breakfast was included and delivered to the room (no common room).

there is no real common area, just a very small space with computer down stairs. very sweet room service breakfast included, VERY nice, helpful staff, especially Alice. Location is not excellent, but OK.