Golden Time Hostel Reviews

43 Ly Thai To Street, Hanoi, Vietnam

I have stayed in this hostel for two nights and I am sorry I could not stay longer. I have chosen this place because of a very good location; two minutes walk from the lake and just few more minutes to the Old quarter of Hanoi where you get all the shops, restaurants, theatres... The room was really nice and clean, but I would especially like to thank the staff of the hotel because they are very nice and very helpful. I already miss you guys.

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • Slovenia

Staff went above and beyond to meet our needs and create a warm atmosphere. Will recommend to others!

centrally located in Hanoi Old Quarter, we are lucky to book the room here, very convenient for walking around. I booked superior room here with only 14$, but i think i got more than that. Normally, other hotels like here, you have to pay 20$ or 22$. This hotel is new, so there's no mold here, very comfortable, in fact. I will stay here again the next time. The staff are not pushy the tour, they are actually very dedicated to make your stay comfortable. they always at your service

• 17th Feb 2015

Very good location, easy to get the Lake, night market, museums and local food around. I stayed there for 2 times in different rooms, and I prefer the front side room with the view more, . The breakfast was good and the staff was very friendly and helpful as well. They helped me to book an amazing trip in Halong with very nice price. I had a very fanstatic time with fantasea Cruise ,well worth the money, great food

• 17th Feb 2015

Golden Time Hostel had the most friendly staff during any of my trips in Asia so far, and the best place I stayed in Vietnam! They helped me with everything and were not trying to sell me extra stuff. The room was very comfortable (had a small couch even) and clean. The only downside was that the street in front of it was very noisy. The location is good otherwise, close to the lake but a 10-15 minutes walk to the main old quarter street. Defenitely recommending this one!

On arrival they didn't have our booking from Hoselworld.com - so no room reserved for us. Only after a lot of hasseling and insisting they gave us a room (which seemed to be just taken from someone else's reservation). When they told us the room was ready, the sheets were obviously not changed, there was hair on the bed linen and the cusion linen were definitely not fresh. Changed after complaint. Staff is friendly but unorganized, they were nice and apologized.

What a lovely stay! The staff were exceptional and were willing to go the extra mile to get you the information you needed. Breakfast being delivered to your room was the best! The beds were comfy and the rooms were spacious. The bathrooms were a bit cramped, but they were better than some others around Asia! We moved here after another bad hostel experience, and were very happy with the move!

Very nice, clean rooms and a very friendly staff. The location is 5 minutes from the Old Quarter, so it's quiet. We would definately come back next time!

It's my first time to do a solo trip and I'm so lucky I chose Golden Time. I initially booked for 2 days only and I ended up getting 2 more nights. Michael, Amy and Alice are the best. They will really exert an effort just to help you out. I've been searching the net where I can change my remaining PHP and couldn't find any; Michael took me to a jewelry store to have my money changed. I even got a big room, something I didn't expect for a hostel. Will definitely be back.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

Very nice hotel. Rooms spacious and very clean. Staff very friendly and incredibly helpful. They helped me arrange my trip to Ha Long Bay and let me keep my luggage here for a few days while I went to Ha Long Bay and, subsequently, Ha Giang. On returning to Hanoi from Ha Giang, one of the staff even helped me put my socks and shoes on because I sustained an injury to my leg while riding a motorbike to Dong Van.

Good location and very friendly staff. They will tell you what you need to see in Hanoi! Air conditioning was heaven after the hot day. They even made me breakfast early before my airport pickup.

Honestly, I couldn't imagine a nicer experience in a hotel. The staff was ridiculously nice and accommodating. The hotel is only a couple months old, and it felt brand new. The value for the money is outrageous. My only regret is that I could not stay longer!

• 30th Sep 2014