Golden Tram 242 Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua Aurea 242, Lisbon, Portugal

Good location!!!

Perfect location. Nice rooms. The staff looks very busy, so they can't give full attention to every one in my opinion.

• 24th Aug 2014

My judgement of it was clouded a bit by how noisy my room was, both due to the other people staying there and the city itself - that's the price you pay for being in the heart of downtown, I guess. Facilities are nice, though one of the toilets on our floor was broken for most of my stay - showers are nice, though. I was expecting lockable lockers, but what we had were actually small cupboards to didn't even seem to accommodate a padlock. Breakfast was good, and staff was nice. Wifi reliable.

Location is great and the happy hour makes everything better. Don't forget to try mama Linda's food :)

Great staff, quirky and great owners and awesome rooms. Hotel at hostel prices :)

• 11th Aug 2014

They don't follow the listing on HostelWorld (they charge for towels which they say they dont) and the hostel bathrooms and showers were very dirty. There was hardly ever toilet paper and all the bathrooms on our floor were missing toilet seats. Although the bedrooms were pretty nice, clean and had separate curtains for each bed, there was no railing at all for the upper bunk and parts of the frame kept breaking off. Overall, even with a great location, this hostel was a great disappointment.

Unreal place to stay, highly recommended, home cooked dinner meals from the best mama in Europe, great happy hour, very new, comfy, spacious beds and an excellent location !

• 1st Aug 2014

One of the nicest hostels I've been to :)

Amazing hostel, everything you could want, the breakfast is especially good. Also loved the walking tour! nice change from the sandermans ones.

Staff are so kind, breakfast is very good and the beds... I loved the bed, so comfortable!! I truly recommend!

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

The rooms were really nice. You have to pay €1 per person to cook in the kitchen, but it is well equipt.

very good location near metro station and tram station, room design is good, room and bathroom are clean, breakfast has sandwich and fruit, staff is nice and helpful

Awesome place to stay!

Amazing place with great breakfast, actually functioning wifi in the rooms, and even curtains to make your bunk more private! Also took the walking tour with Alex and it was so worth it! Very personable and had a free taste of ginjinha after!

There was nothing wrong about this hostel - it is clean and has everything you need - but nothing remarkable either. Good location, close to everything you need, and very clean rooms and bathrooms.

They love their work but not their coasters.

• 8th Jun 2014

I think it is a nice hostel and it will get normaly more points for atmosphare and price but i had been there the night bevor the champion final with to much drunken german people. The hostel by it self is a very nice place and the staff is even very friendly. i have to visit it again at another time.

Bedrooms were the best thing about it along with location. Some staff members weren't the friendliest. Great breakfast though as they have in-house cook.

Dear Adam Many thanks to choose our beatifull Lisbon City and our Hostel for your holidays. Also, we have appreciate your comments about our services, which thanks to you, we have already correct them. Wishing to see you back again to Lisbon and our Hostel, we remain with our Best Regards António Alves General Manager

The Golden Tram hostel is right in the centre of everything and you can walk to nearby tourist attractions and popular neighbourhood Bairro Alto which is full of really great bars and restaurants. The staff at the hostel were really helpful and helped us with any questions we had. It was really clean and modern. I will definitely be staying here again if I go back to Lisbon!!

Longest checkout I ever encountered in my whole backpacking journey! The female staff was talking on the phone non-stop, oblivious to travelers who want to check out, and in turn delayed our itinerary, made us miss certain walks and required us to make quite some changes to our schedule. The receptionists always seem busy with lots of paperwork. Nevertheless, the location is very good and facilities were adequate.

Dear Lawrence Many thanks to choose Lisbon and our Hostel for your holidays. We apologize for the caused inconveniences and thanks to your great comments, we have already correct the problems you have faced at check out time. Hopping to see you again, we remain with our Best Regards António Alves General Manager