Golden Tram 242 Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua Aurea 242, Lisbon, Portugal

Awesome place to stay!

Amazing place with great breakfast, actually functioning wifi in the rooms, and even curtains to make your bunk more private! Also took the walking tour with Alex and it was so worth it! Very personable and had a free taste of ginjinha after!

There was nothing wrong about this hostel - it is clean and has everything you need - but nothing remarkable either. Good location, close to everything you need, and very clean rooms and bathrooms.

They love their work but not their coasters.

• 8th Jun 2014

I think it is a nice hostel and it will get normaly more points for atmosphare and price but i had been there the night bevor the champion final with to much drunken german people. The hostel by it self is a very nice place and the staff is even very friendly. i have to visit it again at another time.

Bedrooms were the best thing about it along with location. Some staff members weren't the friendliest. Great breakfast though as they have in-house cook.

Dear Adam Many thanks to choose our beatifull Lisbon City and our Hostel for your holidays. Also, we have appreciate your comments about our services, which thanks to you, we have already correct them. Wishing to see you back again to Lisbon and our Hostel, we remain with our Best Regards António Alves General Manager

The Golden Tram hostel is right in the centre of everything and you can walk to nearby tourist attractions and popular neighbourhood Bairro Alto which is full of really great bars and restaurants. The staff at the hostel were really helpful and helped us with any questions we had. It was really clean and modern. I will definitely be staying here again if I go back to Lisbon!!

Longest checkout I ever encountered in my whole backpacking journey! The female staff was talking on the phone non-stop, oblivious to travelers who want to check out, and in turn delayed our itinerary, made us miss certain walks and required us to make quite some changes to our schedule. The receptionists always seem busy with lots of paperwork. Nevertheless, the location is very good and facilities were adequate.

Dear Lawrence Many thanks to choose Lisbon and our Hostel for your holidays. We apologize for the caused inconveniences and thanks to your great comments, we have already correct the problems you have faced at check out time. Hopping to see you again, we remain with our Best Regards António Alves General Manager

This is an excellent place to stay in while in Lisbon- very friendly, clean, near city center and secure. The staff were lovely and i rate it 100% - would love to return there again soon

Would benefit guests to have proper use of kitchen. Access to stove, microwave as well as oven would be appreciated.

• 11th Apr 2014

Golden tram was amazing! First hostel I was ever in and by far the best one so far! The staff were very nice. They were always willing to help me if I was trying to find someplace in Lisbon. It was very easy to meet other travelers.

• 4th Mar 2014

Everything is good, but only bath water is too cold.

By far the best hostel I've been to in my life. Very clean, the rooms were amazing and the beds very comfortable. The staff was lovely and the food delicious. I highly recommend it ! Thanks again for this wonderful stay :)

Great location, 3min walk from the metro. The shower room was nice and mamas dinner was so tasty! Toilet didn't have ventilation so it smells little at night and the room was not perfectly separated. I could hear next door like they are in my room.

just one thing the room I stayed is actually connected with the one on the left. there is this hole on the wall by the window. so when the people next door open their door, drop their key on the table, look for stuff in their bag, open their locker, i can hear it exactly like they are in the same room with me. and they came back at 1 in the morning, talking and laughing. it's not their fault cause they may not notice that those rooms feel exactly one room.

staff and home-made dishes is very nice. it's a part of city and easy to go out and come back even it's late time. just it's quite small for personal space and uncomfortable to use a kitchen. however, it's clean and kind and easy to go out. thanks for staffs.

• 19th Oct 2013
  • South Korea

Clean place, and really helpful staff!

Nice hostel with a nice view on the elevator. For breakfast there is one roll, cheese, ham and marmelade. In the evening you can eat at the hostel. The staff cooks a whole meal every evening. Staff was very helpful.

Best hostel I ever stayed in: super comfortable rooms and nice facilities + great staff and home cooked dinner.

• 8th Oct 2013

I felt very comfortable in Golden tram, everything is clean, food is very good, location allows to get to beautiful places without any problems. Thanks for awesome time in Lisbon!

• 27th Sep 2013