Golden Tram 242 Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua Aurea 242, Lisbon, Portugal

Friendly, helpful staff, good breakfast, free internet, great location and excellent value for money.

I had a nice stay here. It was over Christmas so there weren't many other travelers there but I felt comfortable and at home in the hostel. The guys working at the front desk were always friendly and helpful. Comfortable beds, each one had a curtain, light, plug, which is always nice. Lockers in rooms to put your bags. The showers were cool (red, green, blue lights flashing on the nozzle) and warm with good pressure. Perfect location, in the middle of all the attractions.

Nicely located, very clean and nice free breakfast. Only negative was the staff were not that friendly and welcoming

Sort out your bed bug problem. Have someone serving at the bar at the stated times and all the staff need a personality transplant.

• 8th Oct 2015

Many thanks for your comments which will help us to improve ourselves. Problem with BB is solved, altough was brougth by clients. Staff changes and daily training on the job doing will makes much better. Due to Low Season the Bar is Open but with some time working restrictions. Best regards A.Alves GM

Great location and awesome atmosphere! The bar is nice for a couple of drinks before going out, and there are computers and wifi available. Great place!

Perfect stay is Lisbon! Thank you!

• 18th Sep 2015

It's a great place to stay! The staff is fantastic and the location is equally as good!

We were tenetative at first about a hostel but can I say what an amazing hostel. This was so clean everything you need and an absolute bargain at the price as well.. All the staff were so friendly and location was perfect for all the sights of Lisbon.. Would recommend this to anyone and everyone

• 3rd Sep 2015

Perfect location and facilities! One small thing for safety to add, a barrier for upper decker bed could prevent unknown falling object during the night.

This hostel is terrible. The place itself is OK, alright location, common area etc but the staff are unhelpful, cleaners extremely rude. This is the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. Also I arrived at 12:30pm to check in at 1 pm but was still waiting at 6pm as the room had not been cleaned. Horrible place!

• 20th Aug 2015

This hostel is the best.

Had a great experience, rooms were nice and beds within dorm rooms were private and well thought-out. Great location and owners were awesome

A bit on the boring side.. Nothing specifically wrong with it but my friend and i paid for two nights but ended up staying for just one because there was absolutely nothing going on. Clean with good facilities, personal nightlights, power points and lockers were a nice touch though.

We just went "home" to sleep, so Golden Tram was ideal for us: walking-distance from every major tourist-spot, beds are large and separating curtain really creates a private space, which is dearly appreciated in a dorm, that otherwise is tiny and has absolutely no space for luggage or to move around. Staff seems to be annoyed by the fact that you are there and breakfast is underwhelming.

good hostel

This place was disappointing. Directions are hard to follow. Arriving at 1pm we were told our room wasnt ready, fair enough, came back at 5 and still not ready! Finally we got into our room at half 7, only one of the staff seemed to realise how ridiculous this was. The curtains are a good idea but too thick and the room was very small for the no. of people. Showers dont have cubicles for changing, no privacy. only 1 toilet on our floor. Kitchen has little storage space. Only plus is location.

Couldn't check in till 7:50, with 30 other people. The staff were not friendly.

The hostel itself was great!! The location was perfect etc, but the atmosphere was lacking!! The staff had no 'oomph' or charisma, despite there being a bar! My friends and I tried to meet people and have a good time in Lisbon but I suppose the atmosphere tram had left the station! If you are Young and looking for a buzzing time, I wouldn't recommend here. Breakfast and the bedroom were on point though!

• 3rd Aug 2015

The hostel was conveniently located just a few minutes walk to the main area (lots to eat and do). I stayed in a 4 bed female dorm amd felt extremely safe even coming home at 2am. There wasnt any hostel atmosphere when we stayed there and the pub crawl was cancelled as there wasnt anyone attending. Only negative thing I had about the hostel was the bed bug bites that I got. When i told reception, they changed rooms for me immediately and offered free clothes wash which was nice. Good stay.

Overall Golden Tram 242 was a good hostel to stay at. When I stayed it seemed there were not many people around and it was quite quiet in the communal areas/bar etc which makes it quite lonely when you're traveling on your own. The facilities though we're great and really helpful staff! Thanks.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6