Golden Tram 242 Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua Aurea 242, Lisbon, Portugal

This hostel is terrible. The place itself is OK, alright location, common area etc but the staff are unhelpful, cleaners extremely rude. This is the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. Also I arrived at 12:30pm to check in at 1 pm but was still waiting at 6pm as the room had not been cleaned. Horrible place!

• 20th Aug 2015

Had a great experience, rooms were nice and beds within dorm rooms were private and well thought-out. Great location and owners were awesome

A bit on the boring side.. Nothing specifically wrong with it but my friend and i paid for two nights but ended up staying for just one because there was absolutely nothing going on. Clean with good facilities, personal nightlights, power points and lockers were a nice touch though.

We just went "home" to sleep, so Golden Tram was ideal for us: walking-distance from every major tourist-spot, beds are large and separating curtain really creates a private space, which is dearly appreciated in a dorm, that otherwise is tiny and has absolutely no space for luggage or to move around. Staff seems to be annoyed by the fact that you are there and breakfast is underwhelming.

good hostel

This place was disappointing. Directions are hard to follow. Arriving at 1pm we were told our room wasnt ready, fair enough, came back at 5 and still not ready! Finally we got into our room at half 7, only one of the staff seemed to realise how ridiculous this was. The curtains are a good idea but too thick and the room was very small for the no. of people. Showers dont have cubicles for changing, no privacy. only 1 toilet on our floor. Kitchen has little storage space. Only plus is location.

Couldn't check in till 7:50, with 30 other people. The staff were not friendly.

The hostel itself was great!! The location was perfect etc, but the atmosphere was lacking!! The staff had no 'oomph' or charisma, despite there being a bar! My friends and I tried to meet people and have a good time in Lisbon but I suppose the atmosphere tram had left the station! If you are Young and looking for a buzzing time, I wouldn't recommend here. Breakfast and the bedroom were on point though!

• 3rd Aug 2015

The hostel was conveniently located just a few minutes walk to the main area (lots to eat and do). I stayed in a 4 bed female dorm amd felt extremely safe even coming home at 2am. There wasnt any hostel atmosphere when we stayed there and the pub crawl was cancelled as there wasnt anyone attending. Only negative thing I had about the hostel was the bed bug bites that I got. When i told reception, they changed rooms for me immediately and offered free clothes wash which was nice. Good stay.

Overall Golden Tram 242 was a good hostel to stay at. When I stayed it seemed there were not many people around and it was quite quiet in the communal areas/bar etc which makes it quite lonely when you're traveling on your own. The facilities though we're great and really helpful staff! Thanks.

Amazing hostel. Excellent area. The lift doesn't always work. I've met incredible people there. Very clean. I recommend.

Staff were really helpful and friendly.

The location is absolutely perfect! The hostel itself is a bit small and cramped. My roommates and I needed to constantly ask the staff to turn on the AC. However, the staff is very polite and accommodating.

When I checked into the hostel, my assigned bed had dirty linens still on it. I complained and they were supposedly changed but even the "clean" linens smelled like body odor and had hair on them. Two of the three water closets on my floor couldn't be used and the third reeked and the lock wasn't functional. The female shower facilities were decent but also not well cleaned. I stayed at other hostels in Lisbon and would definitely stay there again rather than Golden Tram.

Great location. Very central and walking distance to everything. Says breakfast included but had to argue about that.

The room is very very small, there is not a lot of space for bags but it's clean and the beds are good and have plugs. Toilets and showers are not in the same area but are both good. I really liked the hostel and would stay there again.

This hostel was good. It has a great location next to metro and it is pretty close to many of the local eateries and many of the main sites.

Great location, good breakfast and nice atmosphere. The guided tour is very recomendable :)

The lady staff at the reception was talking all the languages in the world and was very Nice. The manager Antonio took the time to advice on the best place to go and current festivities going on. The bed and mattress are very good. We slept like babies. You should just look to fix the ramps to access the beds on top. They are not really stable or strong it seems.

The staff were excellent and the hostel was very nice. Perfect location right near one of the main squares and the castle.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6