Golden Tram 242 Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua Aurea 242, Lisbon, Portugal

When I checked into the hostel, my assigned bed had dirty linens still on it. I complained and they were supposedly changed but even the "clean" linens smelled like body odor and had hair on them. Two of the three water closets on my floor couldn't be used and the third reeked and the lock wasn't functional. The female shower facilities were decent but also not well cleaned. I stayed at other hostels in Lisbon and would definitely stay there again rather than Golden Tram.

Great location. Very central and walking distance to everything. Says breakfast included but had to argue about that.

This hostel was good. It has a great location next to metro and it is pretty close to many of the local eateries and many of the main sites.

Great location, good breakfast and nice atmosphere. The guided tour is very recomendable :)

The lady staff at the reception was talking all the languages in the world and was very Nice. The manager Antonio took the time to advice on the best place to go and current festivities going on. The bed and mattress are very good. We slept like babies. You should just look to fix the ramps to access the beds on top. They are not really stable or strong it seems.

The most organized and great hostel I booked so far. the owner and the staff are always available. The unique beds with drapes keep your privacity and let you more confortable. Seriously I loved!!!!

Had a good stay. My only complaint: in description it says free breakfast, but breakfast is actually extra.

• 31st May 2015

bad communication between stuff....for extension they charging more than through hostelworld and they dont care if you booked online-they have their own price....you book with breakfast and then they say that it is not included...i just moved to another hostel two blocks further for the same price and much better stuff + breakfast...overrated

They messed up and told me I had breakfast included in my stay then next morning I was denied breakfast stating I did not pay for it. When I booked I never saw an option for breakfast included or not included. My email, the front desk when I checked in, and my receipt all said I had breakfast included. When they discovered they had made a mistake telling me I had breakfast, instead of apologizing for their error, made me feel as it was my fault. Very poor customer service and very rude.

• 1st May 2015

Perfect location. Nice room and very comfortable bed. The staff looks very busy so they can't give full attention to everyone in my opinion.

Awesome place. Comfy beds and awesome wifi. Cool bar as well. The two sisters working were very helpful and cool. Definitely coming back here

Would highly recommend to friends and family!

great hostel... comparing to other hostels in other capitals, this one is a 5 stars hostel

Good location!!!

Perfect location. Nice rooms. The staff looks very busy, so they can't give full attention to every one in my opinion.

My judgement of it was clouded a bit by how noisy my room was, both due to the other people staying there and the city itself - that's the price you pay for being in the heart of downtown, I guess. Facilities are nice, though one of the toilets on our floor was broken for most of my stay - showers are nice, though. I was expecting lockable lockers, but what we had were actually small cupboards to didn't even seem to accommodate a padlock. Breakfast was good, and staff was nice. Wifi reliable.

Location is great and the happy hour makes everything better. Don't forget to try mama Linda's food :)

Great staff, quirky and great owners and awesome rooms. Hotel at hostel prices :)

• 11th Aug 2014

They don't follow the listing on HostelWorld (they charge for towels which they say they dont) and the hostel bathrooms and showers were very dirty. There was hardly ever toilet paper and all the bathrooms on our floor were missing toilet seats. Although the bedrooms were pretty nice, clean and had separate curtains for each bed, there was no railing at all for the upper bunk and parts of the frame kept breaking off. Overall, even with a great location, this hostel was a great disappointment.

Unreal place to stay, highly recommended, home cooked dinner meals from the best mama in Europe, great happy hour, very new, comfy, spacious beds and an excellent location !

• 1st Aug 2014