Goldsmith's House Reviews

Park Village East, Regents Park, London, England

obviously, the place is not a hostel but the accomodation is good. Single room for less than 30 euros !

In one word terrible. I can not describe it in 500 words without being otherwise then saying terrible.

• 25th Aug 2013

I booked one night at Goldsmith`s House via Hostelword. I paid the required deposit with my debit card. It was clearly stated on the screen that the rest of the payment due to on my arrival. After that a man from Goldsmith`s House began to call me, and sent emails to me requiring the rest of the payment in advance. I told them I would pay on my arrival. They cancelled my bookings, I lost my deposit. I think it was absolutly unfair. I definietly not recommend to anyone to book at Goldsmith`s H.

A member of staff gave me a teabag, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to have a drink at the end of a very long day's travelling. I only knew to bring my own towel from people's review online. Provision of these basics would be a huge improvement.

• 30th Jul 2013

Had own lockable room with sink and desk. Excellent location as a traveller to and from London St Pancras/Euston station - the hostel was in walking distance of nearly everywhere I wanted to go, and close to Mornington Crescent/Euston on the Northern line. Hostel was very clean and secure. Loved the garden - ate breakfast and dinner outside every day - and lounge areas with piano. Really convenient to have own locker with plates/cutlery/saucepan and fridge area. Very quiet for central London.

Hostel was clean. The only thing that I didn't like was room was really small. I think hostel is good for short stay.

very small room, did not find a hairdryer in the room.

Great location. Felt secure. Room was small but clean and the shower and toilet facilities were fine. Price was good.

• 20th Jun 2013
  • Belgium

The room was small but very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful when I locked myself out in the middle of the night. I got a set of dishware to prepare meals in the kitchen which was clean. The location is very good. Its only a 5 minutes walk to Camden Town which is perfect. I arrived at Euston station and from there it was a 15 minutes walk.

• 11th Jun 2013

Very secure place to stay. It's brilliant for booking short notice, especially when I was doing a placement in the city centre and didn't have time to book anything more permanent. Considering you get your own room it's good value and I would stay here again if need be

• 5th Jun 2013

nice place to stay for single woman . You will feel welcome and safe . Just 15 min walk to Camden Lock

• 24th May 2013
  • Poland

Excellent value for money and well situated next to Regents Park and near the tube Mornington Crescent. Also ten minutes walk from Camden Lock and the markets. I would recommend it and will do so.

• 18th May 2013

I stayed at the hostel as a young woman on her own in London and felt incredibly safe. The staff are extremely hard working and considerate (letting me use the kitchen when it's closed, asking ME what time I'd like to check out) and I felt at home whilst being in the city completing work experience. The reason why atmosphere is only 'good' is because I wasn't there to interact and kept myself to myself, but I felt completely comfortable doing so. I would definitely use this hostel again.

• 7th May 2013

This hostel is great for women travelling alone who need a secure, low-cost place to stay. It's very quiet and located in a decent neighborhood. There aren't a lot of frills, but it's very good for the price. I especially was pleased that they have a few computers available for the guests to use, and there is a lounge, a kitchen, and a very nice little fenced-in garden out back. My only complaints were the occassional lack of hand soap and toilet paper in the toilets.

• 29th Apr 2013

Booked for two and got separate rooms instead of a room with two beds. No free wifi either, though there are computers to use for free. But those are my only complaints; the location is lovely, the staff friendly and everything nice and clean. I'd stay there again.

unfortunately i make a wrong reservationl, the hostel that i have booked was for only women, so i had find another place on my own.

• 22nd Apr 2013