Golondrinas Hostel Reviews

Putumayo 1024, Iquitos, Peru

the owner, Rosa and her staff Wlly and Herbert are really outstanding. genuine and friendly. this is a former Family home with a swiming pool in the patio. not a place to party or do drugs, but a great place to even find a real shaman that the locals use for their medical needs and of course a great place to start the Wolf tours, you are lucky if you get to do the jungle trip with Willy.

• 2nd Jul 2015

We stayed at this hostel for 3 nights and did a tour with the jungle wolf. The stay was awesome, gated area and there will always be somebody to let you in. Kitchen was well stocked with utensils. There is also a laundry room to hang your hand washed clothes. Location wad good, about 10 mins to grocery store or within 3 blocks to a clean pizzeria or a two story restaurant. It was pretty quiet not too loud from streets.

Exactly what we where looking for.

I liked this hostel very much. The staff was amazing. Forgot my phone there and they kept it safe until I was back! They were so helpful and sweet!

Pool is very refreshing and nice to have after a jungle journey. Seems Relatively Far from the plaza del armas and waterfront compared to other hostels but Iquitos is quite small so it's only about a 10 min walk (pretty comfortable and safe walk).

Staff were really welcoming as well as knowledgeable and helpful. Room was basic but comfortable. Swimming pool was great for cooling off. Nice outside seating areas where you can chat to other guests and fairly well appointed kitchen. Good location, a short walk from the main plaza. Would definitely stay here again.

The kid at the front desk was very rude and looked annoyed that he had to check us in at night. This is a place for a quick one night stop over in Iquitos to catch a jungle tour but I would not stay more than that. Not a place to meet other travelers and far from the center of the city.

Stayed in the private twin room as it worked out the same price as staying in a dorm at some other hostels. Good value for money, except it is a hot night with only one fan in the room. The staff were very helpful and helped us book the Jungle Wolf expeditions tour of the Amazon that they run. It was a perfect tour and our guide Amaru and boat driver Richard were informative and funny. We held a caiman, frog and tarantula on the trip. Would recommend.

Clean bathrooms, a little pool to cool off in, no bfast but decent hostel in decent location for a stop off visit or spring board visit to amazon.

This hostel is a great place to stay if it is your first time in Iquitos. The staff is kind, speaks english and helpful. Most importantly they offer a tour of a lifetime. The guide vily was incredible and knows all the spots in the jungle to find wildlife. I am still in awe how amazing it was. I hear there many tours that scam people in Iquitos so I feel lucky to find one as great as this tour was!

The hostel is a bit out of the way, about a 15 minute walk, but you can take a mototaxi, which are always passing, for 2 soles to the centre and it takes then 2 minutes. The entrance looks a bit scary at the beggining, but dont be deceived, its nice once you get inside! The room was clean, and the staff were really nice. The pool was a great bonus.

We stayed here either side of our Amazon trip and it was fine. The price is very reasonable so can't complain much considering how cheap it was. Bathroom was clean but no hot water in the shower. It was just very basic. Can't imagine staying here for more than a night or two.

This was my very first stay at a hostel on a 1yr trip but I'd like to think I was very fortunate to have stayed here. The staff was very helpful with anything I needed. Great price and only about 10 min walk to the plaza. Thank you for making my stay in Iquitos memorable!

Had a nice stay. Showers were cool and refreshing. Wifi speed ok. Most of the staff were wonderful however on my last day I asked one of the younger staff member's to call a taxi to the airport. He blatantly refused. Which didn't really brother me other than it was rude but might impact some travellers. Especially since I heard a younger lady had her backpack stolen by a Tok Tok driver the night before! It was a quite hostel when I was there and not fully booked. The bed was comfy.

We stayed here because we had booked a tour through their in house company Jungle Wolf Tours. The hostel is pleasant with a pool, kitchen and small outdoor area. The staff is all great. It is a very convenient place to spend a night before or after your tour. Their tour company is fantastic with amazing guides, a great lodge and a very fun and flexible itinerary all for a very reasonable price (ask for Vily who is an incredible guide).

fantastic staff - super helpful and friendly! vibe was great and dinner and breakfast were both fantastic as well :) would highly recommend staying here when visiting iguazu falls!

Great stay, so nice we came back! Cheap, nice basic rooms, good beds, a pool and a well-equipped kitchen! The location is not at the centre of town, it's a 10minute walk into town or a 2sol mototaxi which is not a problem, it's a nice walk. Lovely little place, thanks!

Pretty quiet hostel. I had a private room, and it was right next to the pool, like, open the door and there is the pool 8 feet away, so that was kinda weird but kind of nice at the same time. I only had one night there, but I was able to relax by myself for a good while. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to the plaza des Armas and the rivers edge, where there are more restaurants etc.

A very homely and secure retreat 10-15 minutes walk from the main concentration of hostelries cafes etc around the Plaza de Armas and Malecon...comfortable dormitory with good space and pleasant adjacent pool area...

It's a very very nice place to stay. I felt like at home! Rosa, muchas gracias for your hospitality. I really enjoyed the time at your Hostel and loved the jungle experience. Thank you again sooo much for everything! i really can recommend the jungle tour with Villy!!!! he is just an amazing guid and a very good friend! much love and light

• 24th Feb 2015