Golondrinas Hostel Reviews

Putumayo 1024, Iquitos, Peru

Decent hostel, as quiet as you can get in the city of Iquitos. It's about 9 blocks from the Plaza de Armas and the riverside restaurants. The room was basic, but had a powerful fan pointed right at the bed which was amazing since it was so hot! Close to laundry facilities and the staff were helpful and spoke good English.

There are many places to stay in the blocks around the plaza but this hostel was 10 blocks away and not in the safest area. The floor in the room was filthy and when we asked the staff for a broom they were fairly rude 'this is not a 3 star hotel what do you expect!' Had to laugh. 3 star hotel it is not but neither is it worth the money for somewhere quiet and shabby.

Golondrinas is a great place to stay at in Iquitos! The staff super friendly and you really feel at home. Kitchen is well equipped, no breakfast included. The pool is perfect and they provide you towels. In dorms there are small lockers for your valuables. One little disadvantage it has though: the center of the city is a fast 10 minutes walk away. However, the whole package is so good that I'm glad to stay another two nights!

Pretty average hostel on the whole. I tried booking in another day after seeing availability on HostelWorld and they said that the rate doesn't apply.

The four bed dorm is extremely hot so you have to sleep with the noisy fans on. The pool makes up for it. Wifi is sufficient. Staff are very helpful.

This is a wonderful place, with wonderful staff. Very safe, fun and enjoyable. I would highly recommend this to anyone.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Great place to stay in iquitos . Friendly staff , organized , clean , short walk from main square ... Will strongly recommend

• 13th Oct 2014

theres a swimming pool in the backyard which proven to be very nice, and therere enough fans in the room to keep the temp down.

It was a cheap couple of nights so we were happy with our stay. It has a pool that was nice to cool off in. The room had a fan which was nice at night. The staff were really nice. The location is not very good because you walk for over 10 minutes to get to plaza de armas and we didn't feel very safe doing that at dinner time or later.

This was a very nice place to stay. I stayed here for 4 nights and have no complaints. The staff are very friendly and although I don't speak Spanish, it was easy to communicate... A few of the staff speak English. The pool is definitely helpful on the hot days. It is quiet and not a party hostel. I would recommend this place to a friend.

• 30th Sep 2014

All in all a pleasant experience. Got a room by the pool, which was nice. About 10 blocks from downtown, so a bit of a walk. Did not get sheets changed each day, but not a big deal with me. Internet was spotty and slow. Having a pool and a kitchen is great in my opinion. I would go back.

Average hostel. At least three of the rooms are located with a window to the side where the swimmingpool is, that's not so nice if you want to sleep early or don't want everyone to hear what you're talking about.. But at 11 pm they close this area, so that's ok. They should improve the cleanliness of the bathrooms. But the rates are really low, so that would be a reason to stay there.

Things I liked- Friendly staff, dirt cheap rooms, which pretty much excuses all the things I didn't like. Things I did not like: First night, no water at all. Last night- Flood in our room. No compensation for any of this. Furthermore, white fluff from our sheets/towels stuck to EVERYTHING we owned. No place to lock up valuables in our room. One little fan to cool off two people, I don't even want to know what it was like in shared rooms.

• 9th Sep 2014

Nice quiet place. Pretty small but has a nice pool for cooling off when it's super hot. Helpful staff. They set up jungle tours too, though we went with another company for this. Good location, about a ten minute walk from main square.

Nice staff, clean rooms with fan, swimming pool! Would have stayed longer if we could. Offer tours to the jungle which were really a great experience for a readonable price.

Very good clean and decent place to stay. This hostel is 7-10 minute walk away from Plaza de armas. Willy and other staff members are polite and friendly. Highly recommended by me. I have stayed here on two deprecate occasions.

Not sure why this hostel is so highly rated, it's cheap but very basic. Pillows

I got a single bed room with a fan and shower. Affordable place with nice informative staff. There were a lot of ants in my room, so I had to do some cleaning when I arrived. Kind of farther away from Plaza de Armas than some may like.

Great first hostel!!! Thanks for all the help Villy!

Nice hostel a few minutes away from the main square. Rosa and Vily and the rest of the family are all very hospitable and lovely. Nice pool and kitchen, and good facilities! Wifi was really good, and we had a nice cozy stay there. I would definitely recommend this hostel for anyone looking for a quiet stay in Iquitos.