Golondrinas Hostel Reviews

Putumayo 1024, Iquitos, Peru

Beautiful hostel, thanks so much for a lovely stay!

The receptionist here is probably one of the most helpful people I have ever met, all information is available and the hostel is walking distance from the main square. Most excursions can be booked through the hostel or they can advise you where to go.

Decent accommodations. The pool was a major plus.

The staff at this hostel were great in helping me with what I needed. I only had a limited time in Iquitos and was hoping to do a jungle tour with their tour company, however a group had already left the day before I arrived. Instead they put me in touch with another local company and I was able to do a tour with them instead. The pool was really handy on the hot hot days. Overall it is basic but you will be safe and well looked after at Golondrina's.

Good for the money. Could definitely be closer to the main square. The staff didnt speak a lot of english and werent as helpful as I would like but I made do. They helped me book an amazon tour on short notice. The security was my big iffy as the rooms did not have lockers in them.

The hotel was very well kept and perfectly located in the central area of Barranco. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was very helpful, with very good English.

• 26th Sep 2015

Nice little hostel, short walk from main square. Villi is an amazing guide and we would recommend a jungle tour with him.

This was a good hostel for an overnight stay or passing travellers. Good value for money, a bit far from everything tho but i booked knwoing that. Plus it was cheap to book a small mototaxi down to the river. The staff were impeccable and really made the place so thank you very much to them.

It is a nice and clean hostel with friendly staff. They have a small swimming-pool which is nice to relax and to refresh. I would stay there again.

I really enjoy my staying in this hostel, the hostel located not far away from the main square, about 8min walk maybe. The hostel is clean and has a swimming pool, the staffs there are super nice! In the fact, you shouldn't miss the jungle tour they offer, its name is 'Jungle wolf Expedition', they have also good rating in Tripadvisor. I took 5 days jungle tour and it was so good. The lodge there was amazing and very clean. I highly recommend you join their tour!!

This place was what we needed - simple, cheap and quiet. The staff is nice and some are fluent in English. There is a pool which can be nice for the hot weather. Ten to fifteen minute walk to downtown, which have some respite from the noise from the mototaxis.

The location is not very good, sort of an eight-block-walk from everything. There is no drinking-water (they only sell half-litre-bottles). I had to change beds after the first night because the mattress was extremely worn-off and the second mattress I slept on was only slightly better. The pool is surprisnigly large an the staff was really kind and friendly.

• 11th Aug 2015