Golondrinas Hostel Reviews

Putumayo 1024, Iquitos, Peru

Things I liked- Friendly staff, dirt cheap rooms, which pretty much excuses all the things I didn't like. Things I did not like: First night, no water at all. Last night- Flood in our room. No compensation for any of this. Furthermore, white fluff from our sheets/towels stuck to EVERYTHING we owned. No place to lock up valuables in our room. One little fan to cool off two people, I don't even want to know what it was like in shared rooms.

• 9th Sep 2014

Nice quiet place. Pretty small but has a nice pool for cooling off when it's super hot. Helpful staff. They set up jungle tours too, though we went with another company for this. Good location, about a ten minute walk from main square.

Nice staff, clean rooms with fan, swimming pool! Would have stayed longer if we could. Offer tours to the jungle which were really a great experience for a readonable price.

Very good clean and decent place to stay. This hostel is 7-10 minute walk away from Plaza de armas. Willy and other staff members are polite and friendly. Highly recommended by me. I have stayed here on two deprecate occasions.

Not sure why this hostel is so highly rated, it's cheap but very basic. Pillows

I got a single bed room with a fan and shower. Affordable place with nice informative staff. There were a lot of ants in my room, so I had to do some cleaning when I arrived. Kind of farther away from Plaza de Armas than some may like.

Great first hostel!!! Thanks for all the help Villy!

Nice hostel a few minutes away from the main square. Rosa and Vily and the rest of the family are all very hospitable and lovely. Nice pool and kitchen, and good facilities! Wifi was really good, and we had a nice cozy stay there. I would definitely recommend this hostel for anyone looking for a quiet stay in Iquitos.

I liked my stay here. The pool is great. The staff super helpful and the location is pretty convenient. Just one advice about the city: Be careful of scam tour agencies in the city, even if someone recommends an agency, some don't deliver what they promise. Check their cancellation policies, and Look for the ones who have been operating for several years.

Very accommodating staff, helped my friend and I get settled in and were able to give us information on anything in the city or the jungle. The kitchen and pool were a massive bonus! This was the cheapest and best hostel I stayed in throughout my entire 6 week trip. Vily was one of the staff members who was very friendly also helped get us onto a 2 week stay in a jungle lodge which turned out to be the best experience I've ever had. I recommend this hostel to everyone.

we liked the place, staff was friendly and the pool was amazing.it is the most reasonable place we found to stay in iquitos with a pool. the location is a far from the main square but the walk seemed safe. a motto drive is only about s/3. there werent any tiendas around which we found inconvenient. the place could definitely use a coat of paint. we met people but there isnt much atmosphere but iquitos is place where most people just stay a couple of nights to bookend a jungle adventure.

The four bed dorm is very small and hot and you are basically sleeping in the same bed as other people as there was only about 15cm between each bed so is cosy

The have a pool which was great with it being so hot! Billy is wonderful, very friendly and gives honest advice! Make sure you buy all you water and anything else you need because once they lock up you can't get out (around 11pm). Overall the best hostel we stayed while travelling across Peru. Only negative was the bathrooms could have been cleaned more often, they were not awful but a little more maintenance would have been nice.

Nice hostel with a pool a little walk from the city center. The owners give great advise and a great map of the city. Kitchen could be equipped better. Rooms are spacious and nice.

need better fans as very hot, also would be helpful if they were less loud

• 16th Apr 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

Having a pool is very nice, especially as it's so hot and humid! The staff are very helpful and explain a lot about the city and where to go. I would definatly stay here again.

Very nice and friendly staff. Good atmosphere. No roaches and very few mosquitoes, clean toilets, clean sheets, clean pool, but the rest of the place is a bit dusty and could do with a some cleaning. They let us store our bags for 2 weeks with no charge, great service! If you arrive late at night, take a taxi, not a motokar, and let you stuff be in the taxi untill they open the door for you.