Golondrinas Hostel Reviews

Putumayo 1024, Iquitos, Peru

This hostel is a great place to stay if it is your first time in Iquitos. The staff is kind, speaks english and helpful. Most importantly they offer a tour of a lifetime. The guide vily was incredible and knows all the spots in the jungle to find wildlife. I am still in awe how amazing it was. I hear there many tours that scam people in Iquitos so I feel lucky to find one as great as this tour was!

The hostel is a bit out of the way, about a 15 minute walk, but you can take a mototaxi, which are always passing, for 2 soles to the centre and it takes then 2 minutes. The entrance looks a bit scary at the beggining, but dont be deceived, its nice once you get inside! The room was clean, and the staff were really nice. The pool was a great bonus.

We stayed here either side of our Amazon trip and it was fine. The price is very reasonable so can't complain much considering how cheap it was. Bathroom was clean but no hot water in the shower. It was just very basic. Can't imagine staying here for more than a night or two.

This was my very first stay at a hostel on a 1yr trip but I'd like to think I was very fortunate to have stayed here. The staff was very helpful with anything I needed. Great price and only about 10 min walk to the plaza. Thank you for making my stay in Iquitos memorable!

Had a nice stay. Showers were cool and refreshing. Wifi speed ok. Most of the staff were wonderful however on my last day I asked one of the younger staff member's to call a taxi to the airport. He blatantly refused. Which didn't really brother me other than it was rude but might impact some travellers. Especially since I heard a younger lady had her backpack stolen by a Tok Tok driver the night before! It was a quite hostel when I was there and not fully booked. The bed was comfy.

We stayed here because we had booked a tour through their in house company Jungle Wolf Tours. The hostel is pleasant with a pool, kitchen and small outdoor area. The staff is all great. It is a very convenient place to spend a night before or after your tour. Their tour company is fantastic with amazing guides, a great lodge and a very fun and flexible itinerary all for a very reasonable price (ask for Vily who is an incredible guide).

Great stay, so nice we came back! Cheap, nice basic rooms, good beds, a pool and a well-equipped kitchen! The location is not at the centre of town, it's a 10minute walk into town or a 2sol mototaxi which is not a problem, it's a nice walk. Lovely little place, thanks!

Pretty quiet hostel. I had a private room, and it was right next to the pool, like, open the door and there is the pool 8 feet away, so that was kinda weird but kind of nice at the same time. I only had one night there, but I was able to relax by myself for a good while. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to the plaza des Armas and the rivers edge, where there are more restaurants etc.

A very homely and secure retreat 10-15 minutes walk from the main concentration of hostelries cafes etc around the Plaza de Armas and Malecon...comfortable dormitory with good space and pleasant adjacent pool area...

It's a very very nice place to stay. I felt like at home! Rosa, muchas gracias for your hospitality. I really enjoyed the time at your Hostel and loved the jungle experience. Thank you again sooo much for everything! i really can recommend the jungle tour with Villy!!!! he is just an amazing guid and a very good friend! much love and light

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Austria

Awesome value for money. Especially the private rooms. Great kitchen. Really nice pool out back. About a 10-12 minute walk downtown. Fans in the rooms. Staff are great. Only 2 slight downsides: one was not lots of other people this time of year so not super awesome atmosphere (but it's just the time if year) second is although it's hot as heck in iquitos but ther are only cold showers and no hot water for a lukewarm shower. No biggie. Did the jungle tour with them and it was AWESOME! Do it here!

Golondrinas is the perfect place to stay if you´re looking for a safe, great value for money and reasonably quieter place to stay in Iquitos. The staff speak good English and are very warm, welcoming and giving (Vill supplied me with cutlery and a large bottle of water for the boat trip I was about to endeavour, for free!). The facilities are in great conidition and there is also a great pool to use to unwind and relax and cool off (It´s mighty hot in Iquitos!) I highly recommend Golondrinas.

I really enjoy my stay here mainly because billy the reception. he is such helpful and lovely person. for someone new to iquitos. a map a pool is a must. they provide towl for free. good internet connection. a place to relax. and price is good too. they are often full and busy, so often wont get a place by just walk in. installing hotwater would be a great addtion. one of the best hostel in iquitos after stayed in 4 of them.

The pool is an added bonus but the hostel itself seems a bit dead. I would highly recommend booking the jungle treks with Goldrinas, the lodge is incredible and the guides know their stuff. We managed to catch a sloth and an anaconda!

• 4th Feb 2015

Amazing stay un the jungle lodge. Great guides!

Golondrinas is an ok hostel. To me if felt more like I was staying at a large share house, and the staff also live at the hostel. There is a kitchen for cooking, the beds arent bunks which is awesome, and there is a nice big pool at the back of the hostel for a dip as it can get pretty hot. It is about 8 blocks from the main square, but that shouldnt be an issue as the walk only takes about 10 mins.

Decent hostel, as quiet as you can get in the city of Iquitos. It's about 9 blocks from the Plaza de Armas and the riverside restaurants. The room was basic, but had a powerful fan pointed right at the bed which was amazing since it was so hot! Close to laundry facilities and the staff were helpful and spoke good English.

There are many places to stay in the blocks around the plaza but this hostel was 10 blocks away and not in the safest area. The floor in the room was filthy and when we asked the staff for a broom they were fairly rude 'this is not a 3 star hotel what do you expect!' Had to laugh. 3 star hotel it is not but neither is it worth the money for somewhere quiet and shabby.